St Mary Medical Center Employee Reviews

GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Registered Nurse, Staff (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INOctober 7, 2015
GOOD PLACE TO WORK, TEAM , WORK PROMOTED, STAFF RN TOOK CARE OF TEAM OF PATIENTS, LOOKED UP LABS, CALLED DOCTORS. PLAN OF CARE. CAN GET VERY BUSY, BUT I LOVE CARING FOR OTHERS
Pros
GREAT DOCTORS AND NURSES
Cons
GETS TOO BUSY
Social Worker in a LIFE program
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PASeptember 19, 2015
Good work environment but you deal with death everyday and it can become depressing. The staff is ok but I've experienced questionable encounters with staff. The comments border on racism. I reported it but nothing was done about it. Sad.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Need more cultural sensitivity workshops for staff
Great place to start and build a career
Biomedical Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAJanuary 14, 2015
The people that work there are top notch. The staff and management are always upbeat and professional. I started there pulling trash and moved up doing floors, facilities Engineer, to Biomed.
LOVE St Mary
Access Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 24, 2014
Greeting Patients at work bring me joy and excitement. The staff is great from the caring Doctors to the nurses!
Great staff. No organization
Emergency staff RN (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, CASeptember 11, 2014
Very fast paced environment. ED has a great management team, and the staff work very well together. The community leaves much to be desired, and the providers do not communicate well with nursing staff. However, it is close to home and a great place to get good experience.
Pros
staff
Cons
communication
Amazing place to work.
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 28, 2014
Great professional environment. Plenty of room for advancement.
Pros
good benefits and the opportunity for advancement.
Cons
needs more updated technology.
Great Place to work
Release of information Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Langhorne,PaJuly 15, 2014
St Mary Medical Center is a great place to work
I've learned lots of computer program skills, learned lots from management and other co workers.
I enjoy working with the patients and my fellow peers, it's a very rewarding job.
I must like to work for St. Mary Medical Center, the people are nice. It's like having a second family.
Physician Liaison (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 29, 2014
Typical day I'm very busy.
I learned in management to be able to multi-task.
My co-workers are good people.
The hardest part of my day is when there so much work with a little bit of time. Always do more than 100% percent.
The most enjoyable part is when you like your job and the people around you.
Pros
too far from home
Cons
good place to work
The benefits were good.
Assistant to the Senior Health Center Director (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 15, 2014
I truly enjoyed working at St Mary. The management was great, there was a lot of support. The possibilities of moving up in the company were many.
Great start to a growing career field
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAMarch 18, 2014
great director/management staff. very flexible schedule. enjoyed working on all areas:adult, surgical, ICU, pediatrics, NICU.
Great coworker relationships.
Pros
free lunches, flexibility
Cons
weekend/holiday hours, under appreciated by other work place disciplines

Want to know more about St Mary Medical Center?

Ask a question
Volunteer
Intensive Care Unit Volunteer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 23, 2014
Cant speak much on management and jobs due to my position as a volunteer
busy hospital with a lot of variety of client needs
Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 12, 2013
Worked with in-patients, out-patients emergency room patients, and NICU patients.
Expecting more for your health
Food Service/ Cafeteria Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 8, 2013
Worked in a hosptial setting in a busy cafeteria. Interacted with both patients and staff, handling incoming and outgoing food orders, prepared food for serving, obtained prestine environment conditions and handled cashier duties faithfully. Management was very strict and thorough with what was expected, there was no room for error when handling and presenting food to customers. The hardest part of the job was the complete lack of gratitude for presentation and service to customers. Customers completely unaware of the hard work and preparation that went into presentation, all the customers would do was complain of "unfair" prices on food and drink (even with a staff discount). I thoroughly enjoyed meeting customers and being a help and point of service. I took even my most menial task seriously and took pride in my work. I also enjoyed the fact of being honest with customers, recieved better reaction and return service, and was compassionate to those patients who came through my cashier line.
Pros
excellent benefits and paid time off, opportunities to work special events
Cons
co workers were sometimes petty and very judgemental
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJanuary 14, 2013
Productive, treats there workers nicely. many incentives for their employees.
A great educational place to work. learned a lot
ICU Nurse (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WADecember 14, 2012
fascination to work with the equipment and to be able to do detailed assessments.
St Mary's was an all positive and learning opporitunity. all supervisors. managements, teamleaders, always avialable when needed. Very appriciated.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CADecember 11, 2012
At post-pardom in night shift was the joy of my experience for the newborns and new mommies, all different and joyfull. The med surge floors also very interesting because of the learning and all that I as a CNA could contribute along with my co-workers.My experiences in all my positions have been very rewarding, being that I am a very positive, oriented determine person.
Pros
the feedbacks commentay of my co-workes were many times accompany by a mealticket, very well appreciated.
Cons
when the time didnt allow for a good break, the kitchen girl came around in midnight with the snack cart. making sure she didnt miss anyone..
a great stable enviroment
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 19, 2012
a pleasure and delight to work for this company great pay great benefits
Pros
a great learning experience to increase room for growth
Cons
not enough hours
Excellent nurses
RN-Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CASeptember 24, 2012
The nurses are excellent with working together and have wonderful values that show in the way the nurses treat their patients with care and safety in mind. Some of the best charge nurses I have worked with that know how to help other nurses in need and do it cheerfully. Respect and encourage each other to advance skills and education in the nursing profession.Management had effective communication with the staff. Staff were mostly self-scheduling.
Pros
self-scheduling
Cons
sometimes the nurse had to complete both the nurse and cna jobs.

4.3