St Petersburg General Hospital - St Petersburg

St Petersburg General Hospital - St Petersburg Employee Reviews

Very nice place to work or volunteer
Volunteer- Filing clerk (Former Employee), St Petersburg,FLSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches and volunteer when you want to. i don't dislike the hospital or the job.
Escort patients to the nurse or to the other patients room. Answer the telephone when needed. Call back to see if the patients relatives can go back to see them.
I've learn that everyone needs help one way or another and you need conpassion for others.
The management is great and understanding with all matters.
The co-workers are helpful and friendly.
The hardest part is seeing so many young and old alike getting treated..
The most enjoyable part is that in my own way I feel I made a difference in someones live and that makes me feel good.
If it looks like a DUCK, its a DUCK
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 13, 2014
Pros: putting in my 2 week notice
Cons: no lunch break given but lunch break is deducted from pay
My initial orientation was good. I came with plenty of experience and everything that i had learned and had knowledge of to the point of the place was meaningless. this place doesnt want any nurse to be able to use critical thinking. you will be told how to handle a critiical situation and expected to do so with knowledge its wrong.
they place such high expections such as very little notice about an educational inserve that youll be given very short notice with few opportunities to complete or will be disciplined for not having it done. critical care is a joke its the furthest thing from any critical anything. they dont have any resources that are easily tanglible the upper management and charge nurses have no clue about standards of care related to any critical procedure, some dumb charge nurse will tell you just do it like this and its very lacking. they have high expections for corporate satisfaction and the focas on patient care is the last thing that they care about. patients hate this place familys hate this place heed the warning
fun place to work
OB/GYN (Current Employee), St PetersburgAugust 1, 2013
working the night shift, we don't meet with management a lot so they the extra effort to keep in touch with us always.
Former Rad Tech
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 5, 2013
My manager at SPGH was wonderful! She was always very fair. I loved working for her.
For profit hospital concerned about customer care
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 29, 2012
For profit hospital main focus was customer care and customer satisfaction.

About St Petersburg General Hospital - St Petersburg

Ranked as a Top Place to Work in Tampa Bay for two consecutive years, St. Petersburg General Hospital is proud to attract outstanding – Read more