St Petersburg General Hospital - St Petersburg

St Petersburg General Hospital - St Petersburg Employee Reviews in United States

A revolving door of employees and management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 20, 2016
There are some truly wonderful and caring employees there. It takes a special person to thrive in that atmosphere.

Unfortunately, there is a major organizational culture problem starting at the C-Suite and into the Physician leadership of the organization. Senior Leadership is effectively invisible and out of touch with the day to day realities. Outdated equipment and technology is the status quo. Staffing is a major concern and Nurse to patient ratios of 11:1 have happened. A single PCT to a 56 bed unit? That happens too. In a one year span nearly 100% of the Leadership roles turned over, that should tell you something.

Physician engagement is horrifically low and Physicians intimidating or being abusive to staff happens all too often. As a result staff is reluctant to call Physicians with important updates and patients suffer for it.
Organization mediclal facility dedicated to compassionate care
Patient Portal Concierge (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 11, 2015
Working for St Petersburg General Hospital was like working with family. Employees strive to exceed industry standards. I would definitely work there again as thr Patient Portal Concierge.
Pros
Per Diem Status
Cons
Position eliminated
Nice place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 25, 2015
I worked in facilities for 2 years and then went for another opportunity. Anyone can pick apart their workplace be it long hours, not nice boss, etc. My main focus was with my fellow employees. I supported them and they supported me. Now obviously not everyone participates. The culture is that of family. In large hospitals, it is not as personal. It is a different enviroment to work in, especially if your use to working in large, inpersonal, and culturally stiffled work places. I will never forget St. Pete Gen and how much I felt included. It was a memorable experience.
Pros
Co-workers, working culture, food (GO Gus)
Cons
Every place has its cons, I found nothing extraordinary.
fun place to work, staff works very hard.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg General HospitalJune 8, 2015
fun place to work. staff provides excellent patient care. long hours, short lunch. staff needs more recognition. good customer service, lab staff works very hard to provide the best care for all patients.
Pros
stability
Cons
Very nice place to work or volunteer
Volunteer- Filing clerk (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg,FLSeptember 4, 2014
Escort patients to the nurse or to the other patients room. Answer the telephone when needed. Call back to see if the patients relatives can go back to see them.
I've learn that everyone needs help one way or another and you need conpassion for others.
The management is great and understanding with all matters.
The co-workers are helpful and friendly.
The hardest part is seeing so many young and old alike getting treated..
The most enjoyable part is that in my own way I feel I made a difference in someones live and that makes me feel good.
Pros
free lunches and volunteer when you want to. i don't dislike the hospital or the job.
If it looks like a DUCK, its a DUCK
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 13, 2014
My initial orientation was good. I came with plenty of experience and everything that i had learned and had knowledge of to the point of the place was meaningless. this place doesnt want any nurse to be able to use critical thinking. you will be told how to handle a critiical situation and expected to do so with knowledge its wrong.
they place such high expections such as very little notice about an educational inserve that youll be given very short notice with few opportunities to complete or will be disciplined for not having it done. critical care is a joke its the furthest thing from any critical anything. they dont have any resources that are easily tanglible the upper management and charge nurses have no clue about standards of care related to any critical procedure, some dumb charge nurse will tell you just do it like this and its very lacking. they have high expections for corporate satisfaction and the focas on patient care is the last thing that they care about. patients hate this place familys hate this place heed the warning
Pros
putting in my 2 week notice
Cons
no lunch break given but lunch break is deducted from pay
fun place to work
OB/GYN (Current Employee) –  St PetersburgAugust 1, 2013
working the night shift, we don't meet with management a lot so they the extra effort to keep in touch with us always.
Former Rad Tech
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 5, 2013
My manager at SPGH was wonderful! She was always very fair. I loved working for her.
For profit hospital concerned about customer care
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 29, 2012
For profit hospital main focus was customer care and customer satisfaction.

St Petersburg General Hospital - St Petersburg Reviews by Job Title