St Vincent de Paul Society

St Vincent de Paul Society Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Variety of people to work with and learn from.
Clothing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 21, 2017
A typical day at St. Vincent's is quite busy. Your work day usually goes by very quickly. Even though I worked with clothing and lines the daily donations are always different, from very old vintage to brand new items. You learn to work with a wide variety of people, a lot of whom volunteer their time for a mission that St. Vincent stands for. They are a wonderful Christian organization that helps many people in the community that are in need. The most difficult part of the job is balancing between employee and volunteer responsibilities. Some of the younger employees find it difficult to understand the more relaxed positions of the volunteers at times. Even though volunteering, the volunteers still had to conform to rules on being there. They are a VERY loving and dedicated group of people that volunteer at St. Vincent's! Their knowledge and love and commitment made going to work each day a blessing!!!
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Too short of breaks/lunches that are scheduled by the management
Very Well Organized
Food Pantry Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2017
This very well Structured organization provides food to the homeless people around Indianapolis, Indiana. The full time staff work s exceptionally hard to ensure that every volunteer has a job and will be able to make an impact on the lives of the people the organization is serving.
Probably the best job I've ever had
Asst. Director (Former Employee) –  Watertown, WIMarch 16, 2017
I enjoyed dealing with the customers, the employees, and the volunteers so much that its hard to find another satisfying job. All day long you're surrounded by sweet old ladies shopping and bringing in baked goods.
Pros
It was almost like not working at all.
I loved helping others
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 11, 2017
Volunteering here was an eye opener. We provided food to the homeless or families who don't have enough money to feed themselves. Every time I volunteered here I was very touched by what everyone was trying to accomplish.
Pros
feeding the less fortunate
fun work place
Volunteer - Soup Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 6, 2017
I had so much fun at St Vincent de paul i got to help the homeless people the best thing that I liked about it was I got to communicate with them try to make them happy and ,make them feel like they are home.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
breaks
Explainting vouchers guidelines to clients.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 22, 2017
Getting clients to understand the guidelines/policies of vouchers in relations to the limitations of individual category with respect to the amount apply to each category.
Pros
Receiving quarterly bonus.
Cons
Unable to take breaks due to customers demands.
Wasnt a fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIFebruary 20, 2017
I didnt like working there the mangers were rude and fired a pregnant person. For no reason boss acts snotty towards people if someone sees that something needs to be done nobody does it and would make cashiers do their work and too much drama
Pros
Discounts on stuff in the store
Cons
Short breaks
Management does not communicate.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 19, 2017
Not enough communication from management. Strong company politics create weak advancement opportunities and no job security which equates to low employee moral.
Pros
Dedicated volunteers.
Cons
Low employee moral.
over all a very good place to learn how to to organize your work load.
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 17, 2017
I started working there and I found myself becoming a leader with added responsibilities. I became the man that I am today through hard work and dedication to completing assignments.
Pros
Good management good training.
Cons
Hard labor intensive work.
dull enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 13, 2017
was not a great place to work at. and the staff and managers were very rude. low pay with no benefits. no room to grow with in the company. just felt as if it was a dead end job.
Pros
N/A
Cons
rude staff/management
great place to work at also to gain experience
Volunteer Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 3, 2017
this was a great place to work at helped gain alot of experience here and was able to learn alot i enjoyed volunteering here and would volunteer again if i was asked to
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 2, 2017
Great company to work for if you are a nice friendly person who likes helping others. This company is all about helping others. If you don't like to help this is not the company to work for.
great place to work
Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 1, 2017
nice work environment, everyone is friendly, we are all working towards on goal that's to help people. easy to move up in the organization. very family oriented
A great place to work
Client Advocate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 29, 2017
Staff and management are very supportive. They have flexible hours. They really work with people in the in the community to eliminate poverty. The move enjoyable part is making a difference in the client's lives.
Pros
GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT, FLEXIBLE
Cons
PAY IS NOT THAT GREAT
Enojoyable place to work with a family-like atmoshpere
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 20, 2017
At SVDP, I was a social work intern. I gained much experience in my time there. I mostly grew in communication with people of different cultures. My supervisor was great at challenging me to learn as much as possible. Almost everyday I spent some time at the front desk and that's where I was able to make relationships with clients the most. I also did intake for the food pantry, intake for rent/utility assistance, and attended meetings. The hardest part of working there was seeing the people who came in going through such a hard time. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to foster hope in the people we helped.
Pros
Relationships with coworkers
Cons
Aggressive clients
It is low stress employement with several benefits
AARP Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoy my job and the people I work with. They are liberal leaning with a true desire to help the less fortunate. My day is spent on the cash register, pricing and stocking. There is little difficult about what I do and an additional perk is I get discounts on merchandise as an employee.
Pros
Many
Cons
Very few
Great Team work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Slinger, WIJanuary 16, 2017
I love this place ans what they do for the community. They have a great work environment. Great Place to work at, they are understanding and caring for their employees.
Pros
Great Work envirnoment
Cons
Lower wages
fun stable workplace
Donation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJanuary 12, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working for the company. Very friendly co-workers, was a little poor when it came to management. But overall its a great company
Pros
20% discount
Cons
items had to be on sales floor for 24 hours before purchase should be made
hard job but easy work.
Truck Unloader (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, WIJanuary 5, 2017
the job was very hard only cause we had to unload so many trucks a day but it was also easy ive learned alot workin there it ws my first time workin at a warehouse but it was fun
Very fun workplace
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 1, 2017
This job is very fun and easy
if you like testing things out and thrift store work not to omention and awsome staff this is a great job for you
Pros
everything
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St Vincent de Paul Society. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2