St Vincent de Paul Society Employee Reviews

Fast-paced at times, Very relaxed at other times
Foodbank Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2018
It's a good place to work, as a starting job at least, I only worked as a volunteer but its a fun place and I heard they pay okay. I worked at the food-bank, It was very common to have leftover food that you can eat.
volunteer work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2018
all volunteers are super nice everyone is friendly and very helpful. once your done with your work and preparing the food your more than welcome to stay and eat.
Stressful
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 16, 2018
The management was poor. People were rude and overall awful place. Help is very minimal; the main workers are very rude to the volunteers and over work them. I reccomend volunteering elsewhere. Most everyone here is miserable.
Great working environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 15, 2018
I actually liked working there. It wasn't stressful at all...possibly because I was on a truck and I got to chose when I took my lunch or if I even wanted to take one.
Pros
independence
Cons
pay rate
Saint Vincent de Paul
Cashier, Part-time (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJanuary 5, 2018
Great work environment. Fun staff and employees. Can be face pace or slow pace depending on day and weather outside. Good bonus options for upper management I heard,
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Work Duties
Receptionist/Billing (Current Employee) –  2275 Watt Ave, Sacramento, CA 95825December 30, 2017
In charge of scheduling the Alternate Sentencing Program for the Sheriff’s Department and Volunteers. Billing the churches for vouchers that are received by people in need. Updating Social Media sales and events. Graphic Design. Sending out email blasts to customers. Directing people to services that they are in need of (such as help with rent, utilities, food and clothing). Arrange Pick-Ups of furniture and household items for drivers. Other reception duties including faxing, taking messages, documenting and filing important paperwork and working with the Parishioners of over 50 Churches in Sacramento County.
Productive and enjoyable experience.
Production Intern (Current Employee) –  Renton, WADecember 28, 2017
Maintain and continually stock books and mixed media section of the store while interacting and assisting customers. Help in other areas as need. Hardest part would probably be correcting shelving errors of temporary volunteers. Most enjoyable is keeping things organized and easy to access for customers, also being able to meet customers requests quickly and thoroughly.
Pros
Challenges to adapt to changing inventory and conditions. Think on your feet.
Volunteer Job
Volunteer Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALDecember 27, 2017
Great volunteer job. Very rewarding. Job is very stress fee. Everyone is very friendly. Working with the organization is wonderful. The manager is very easy to work for.
Volunteer
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 22, 2017
This was a volunteer position with the Urban Farm at St Vincent. We grew of 40000 lbs of food for the kitchen. I was able to witness a complete growing cycle. Also, participated in amending the soil with compost made on site.
Pros
Volunteering is a great way to give back.
Ok place to work
Hanger/Line puller (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 22, 2017
Monday through Friday with the weekends off. Nice balance between work and home life. Pretty easy work but can get a little overwhelming at times because it's hard to satisfy the managers.
Pros
Weekends off, first shift hours
Cons
management
Fun Environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIDecember 20, 2017
You actually feel like you are giving back to the community when you work here. When you take donations and sell them back to people that want to find their own treasures in someone else's junk.
Fun place to work great co-workers
Clothing Processor (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, WADecember 17, 2017
After I was laid off they said if the opportunity came where they could hire me back they would, but everytime I asked them when they were hiring back they told me they wanted to hire a man! 🙁
Great mission and place to work
DIRECTOR OF RETAIL OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2017
The mission to feed, clothe, house, heal is the never ending battle at St Vincent de Paul. Great people, great place to work, I highly recommend them.
Pros
People, relationships, contacts
Fun great people to work with!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ArizonaDecember 4, 2017
St. Vincent de Paul is a great friendly work place, It helps a lot people in need!! For myself it was a great learning experience that I had with employees and customers
Pros
They acknowledge employees, free lunch and dinner
Cons
We had three breaks and good health care insurance
my time
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 3, 2017
i had a great expierence working at saint vincent de paul.nurses and staff aliked helped me get accustomed to my duties and how to complete them in an orderly fashion.
Fun work
Head cashier (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 2, 2017
It was a great place to work with great management. Always busy and the time went by very quickly. I would refer anyone to work for the company and I enjoyed helping people.
When you work with an excellent such as I here are no bad reviews
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln Park, MINovember 28, 2017
I enjoyed my time but like most people when your time is expired then take the lose as a gain. God opened up a better door. The environment was clean. Gospel music stayed on the radio. I would consider going back if the pay rate was two digits.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
lack of teamwork everyone is the blame
rewarding
Information Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 24, 2017
Rewarding work to help those in need. Services for the homeless, battered women with children. Learned how to work with a wide diverse population. Proud
Low-key environment with high impact
Executive Assistant and Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 20, 2017
The staff is great to work with once you get to know them. They are all very smart and exceptionally good at their jobs. We were going through some management changes when I was there, but it never seemed to phase the other employees in their day-to-day activities. My favorite part of my job was the office birthday celebrations we would have, when everyone would get together for about a half hour and just catch up.

This is a flexible work environment within reason. They acknowledge personal needs and are happy as long as you do your job well.
relaxes place to work
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WINovember 20, 2017
Loved this job staff were friendly.
learned what stuff is thrown out and whats kept at donation places.
management was nice.
didn't find anything difficult when I was there.
most enjoyable job was seeing all the unique items that came through.
Pros
relaxed job and friendly staff
Cons
there was some thievery by some of the workers that wasnt taken serious