St Vincent de Paul Society Employee Reviews

Good work place
Internship Warehouse Support (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, WIJuly 25, 2017
It's a good company but I'm looking for something different. Hours were great. They really worked w me on the hours because I was still in school. Every was very nice.
Pros
Got to work by myself
Cons
It was boring
Worse Than Walmart
Miscellaneous Sorter (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 21, 2017
I was hired as a cashier. When I come in to sign papers, I'm told to work in the warehouse. Ethical? They have good press, but day to day, like any company, they play favorites, treat employees as disposable, and pay garbage wages (except to upper management). Frankly, I was treated the same at Walmart, but without all the "holier than thou" that this non profit claims.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
low pay, no promotions
Easygoing work environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  DublinJuly 20, 2017
Work at St Vincent De Paul was a very enjoyable experience, in large part due to the kind nature of the pre existing staff when I joined the work team. It really emphasised team work and communication as central qualities needed in order for a workplace to run smoothly
Pros
good working environment
Cons
repetitive work at times
90 Days there through DVR
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, WIJuly 16, 2017
Was a St. Vinnie's Sales Associate for 90 days as a Dept. of Vocational Rehab job placement due to a physical disability.

This was a great job for someone in my position, but I don't know that I'd suggest it to someone looking for decent full-time work. The pay's not great. The work can get dull.

On the bright side, the workers were respectful of my limitations and happy to move me to different departments as needed, making sure I had work to do even when I couldn't be running around the store.
Pros
Many good people, first pick on donated books, laid back atmosphere.
Cons
Listening to the extremely religious, conservatives retirees carry on in the break room.
Great entry retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 12, 2017
The pace is good for people inexperienced with customer service. Great mgmt, anyone with an initiative to work most likely would be hired. Workplace is calm
Great work place
Utility Assistant: (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 12, 2017
Very enjoyable place to work and rewarding work as well. Fellow co-workers and management are respectable and personable. I valued my time at St. Vincent DePaul.
great place if you enjoy helping people
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Bend, WIJuly 4, 2017
Its a great place if you really enjoy helping people out. Everyone is friendly and helpful.
However they do not offer healthcare/ insurance.
A typical work day all depends on your position there. Positions consist of cashier, back room, and receiving. Cashiers deal with customers and vouchers. Back room employees do most of the sorting of donations and the pricing. Receiving also deals with customers and take in donations.
Pros
helpful, caring, and understanding
Cons
no healthcare, rarely get raises, not much room for advancement
Great Place to Start if New to the Social Work or Human Services Field
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville KYJune 30, 2017
Case management to those that are homeless or chronically homeless.
Conduct annual assessments on clients each year.
Conduct initial intake assessments and help clients obtain housing.
Great way to network with other agencies within the community.
Pros
Networking
Cons
Not enough pay
Good Company to Work For
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 30, 2017
Good Company. Management was kind and professional. It was a pleasure to go to work while with them. Had an opportunity to make more money and work Monday thru Friday.
enjoy working with the homeless community
Food Service Manager Haven For Hope Location (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 27, 2017
very low budget - food cost was bare limits- board members did not understand food costs- kitchen costs- nor staffing. relied on volunteers for staffing and for donations for food products.
Pros
helping the needy
Cons
working conditions- pay is low-
National Organization is fantastic, but it doesn't trickle down
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 23, 2017
Nationally, this is a great and very beneficial organization, but it doesn't trickle down to the local level.

Untrained volunteers locally don't want to bother with the Rules, the National Manual, or the concepts and precepts the Organization was based upon.
Excessive Gossip, drama and power struggles made for a very dissatisfying experience.

Failure to stand up for others was also a major flaw. No raises, no benefits in over 2 years.
Pros
National Program is Exceptional
Cons
Local level sucks.
Nice volunteer work place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 20, 2017
Every day is different. Management is great, workplace culture is great. The hardest part is that there are others who could benefit by St. Vincent. The most enjoyable part is that I'm part of the mindset of St. Vincent.
Pros
I working for an organization that helps the economically challenged
Cons
I wish I was in a position to do more.
an ok job
Department Manager / Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 18, 2017
A good step in my own personal growth. not the ideal dream job but i did work with a lot of great people and learned a lot while i was there.
Good job if you like helping others
Client Aid Manager (Former Employee) –  West Branch, MIJune 18, 2017
For the most, I really liked my position, Just the new management was not very friendly, boarding on hostile. SVP as a whole is a very good orgination, just the invidual Store where I worked was wasn't so much.
What Saint Vincent De Paul Was Like.
Volunteer (Food Locker) (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 9, 2017
I had to find jobs to do at Saint Vincent De Paul the other volunteers were there longer than me so they had their daily routine. My coworkers were really nice as well as the management. And it was pretty easy.
Pros
Easy work, friendly coworkers, great work experience
Cons
Short hours, No pay.
Nice environment, secure and safe.
Donated Goods Processor (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJune 8, 2017
Excellent environment to work in. Available positions to move up and to increase income. Pleasant co-employees and supervising staff.
Would seek employment again.
Pros
Flexibility. Job security is based on individual performance.
Cons
Pay staerts off at minimum wage.
Great People
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 7, 2017
I enjoyed working here. There was alot to learn if you applied yourself and potiential for advancement. I would work here again if i could. The team environment was fun to work with.
A fun and quality driven workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 6, 2017
a typical day at work is dressing mannequins helping move furniture when need, supervisor for the register, handling money counting down drawers. I've learned a lot from being supervisor and learning new experiences. Everyone at work is like family. We all get along great. Always having to smile even when customers are very disrespectful.The most enjoying part of the job with helping out with vouchers for beds, clothing, furn etc..
Pros
Everyone gets along like a family
Cons
not enough hours
ok for part-time positions
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 4, 2017
very slow pace job. part-time position as an driver .... work day maybe 4hrs or less. only 2/3 stops in metro Atlanta area.
the management was very easy going... as long as stops completed before week over... you could take off as many days needed
Pros
long breaks
Cons
low pay
Helpful and kind
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAMay 30, 2017
I volunteered there multiple times through out my middle school time. They were always very sweet and helpful to me. Overall great ecpierence for me there/