St Vincent de Paul Society Employee Reviews

employes are all very polite and curticed
Associate (AARP Internship) (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 13, 2017
price books for 4hours. Then help another worker put books on shelves, and straiten out books and dvds and cds. I have worked evey job at St Vincents , except cashier.
Pros
close to my house
Cons
temp.job through AARP
It's not fair to never get a promotion.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 11, 2017
I was told that I could move up in the company. Then I was told i could get raises and benefits but it never happened. So now I'm looking for a new career so I can better the lives of my family.
Urban Rest Stop Homeless Shower and Laundry
(Volunteer) Urban Rest Stop (Former Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 9, 2017
Friendly Environment provided, non profit business providing help for the homeless and poor around the Medford, OR. Area
Lee The manager loves to help the homeless and poor in any way possible
most things are proovided via donation expenses also Lee coordinates & facilitates help through local vendors in the area.
Pros
Non Profit
Cons
Vandalism to property by some customers...
Retail Clerk
Retail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Safford, AZSeptember 29, 2017
It was a great expirience. The people were great and atmosphere was great. I always knew what was expected of me. The team work was always there and I got to know the regular customers
Great
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Inkster, MISeptember 21, 2017
I love that I worked there,because I loved working with the public and set up displays and doing the books at the end of the day.also arranging the areas so items are easy to find.
Pros
Work with public
Kitchen
KITCHEN STAFF (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 21, 2017
I was a volunteer in the kitchen area for approximately 6 to 7 months. I prepared lunch, washed pots and pans, opened cans and cleaned kitchen area. I worked diligently to complete all tasks requested of me.
Pros
great co-wrokers
It's nice
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Portage, WISeptember 19, 2017
St Vincent is a great place to work. Really relaxed, a lot of great benefits, flexible hours, paid vacations, timely breaks, and good pay. Only issue I had at my location was the management.
Pros
Benefits, discounts
Cons
the overrall rating was nice.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 16, 2017
st.vincent depaul was a nice place to work at.st.vincent depaul gave me great work experience. I learned how to be a team player at st.vincent depaul. i also learned how to be come more of a hard worker.and i am on time. i have good communicate skills.i have good working experience when i start working on a job.s
work and housing
Onsite Manager/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 6, 2017
one of the worst companies to work for and rent from. The are so confused them selves in the office that they never know who to transfer anyone to and when it comes to renting and managers and resident services they suck.They over work their employees with bad benefits. They really need to get everyone that works from them on the same page as the main office.
Oldest not-for-profit in Missouri
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 5, 2017
This organization is committed to the mission to serve the poor, and it oversees various programs and stores to meet these objectives. It also has a large nework of parishes and volunteers.
St Vincent de Paul is a fun loving and diligent place to work
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Utica, MISeptember 4, 2017
St Vincent de Paul is a fun loving place to work. Many different people work and volunteer there is diversity. The competition between the other thrift stores but people love us. Get to work about 15 minutes before my shift greet everybody punch in and usually shifts are ending and I'll take over after a heads up on sales. I've learned to speak to customers with respect, dignity and authority. Also I,ve learned to work as a team and don't sweat the small stuff. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is when getting a lot of donations to help others.
Boo
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZAugust 29, 2017
This place gave me an open door to work but left me unaware and just let me go when they wanted to its not right no benefits and i busted my but for them im a real good worker
production.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 28, 2017
what I enjoy most about the job is the customer's that come in just to see me...to say hello and then maybe shop. but they always shop. they like to come and bring us goodies to eat and tell us about their day, and then always it never fails they want to see what is new, and some them will come back twice in a day, just to see the new items.
Pros
love the prices
Cons
customer's get first pick.
Fun volunteer work
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 26, 2017
I loved volunteering and helping people , it was good getting to know new people ,Also it made me thankful for all I had. I like helping the less fortunate because if I was in that situation I would want someone to help me.
Productive place to sit and make friends
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 25, 2017
Like my last job, working as a cashier at St. Vincent de Paul was too slow, even for a second hand store. My employer was racist towards the staff members throughout the store and was barely at work overall.
Pros
Mini fridge
Cons
The workplace
Horrible place to work. But good place for people in need
Cashier/Back Lead (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 24, 2017
You have to in very nasty conditions. Work outside in all types of weather. No real breaks and most of the work is put on you. And they only pay 7.22 and hour
Pros
Shopping
Cons
Low wages and no benifits
They were actually good to work for at this time
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 13, 2017
I was hired to work out at PERS as a Custodian in a temporary position, which led to me being hired by the State of Oregon for a permanent position. There were three floors and I handled the cleaning of one complete floor and half of the ground floor.There was minimal supervision which I liked for working.
Pros
Regular routine of work each day
Cons
The temporary nature of the position
Relaxing and Helping tons of people
Tagger, Sorter, Pricing (Current Employee) –  Marinette, WIAugust 11, 2017
I love working here. It's great!!!! The people are wonderful, the atmosphere is cheerful, my co-workers are willing to help anyone at anytime. I love seeing so many people donate
Pros
Great Co Workers, Love helping customers
Cons
No cons
Volunteer Work
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAAugust 11, 2017
It was a fast-paced environment where you were on your feet all day around helpful peers. I learned that not all junk is trash and that thrift stores are amazing places to shop at.
Pros
discounted items
Cons
dusty work areas
great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 9, 2017
I did everything from cash, to answering phones, helping people stocking and organizing. the management is great and i got to help people. I learned alot.
Pros
I had a job
Cons
monday- friday