St Vincent de Paul Society

St Vincent de Paul Society Employee Reviews in United States

Great job
Electronics Sales Associate/ janitor (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 8, 2016
I always had something to do, wether its fixing electronics, cleaning bathrooms, or moving furntiure. I got to communicate with lot's good people and some bad. The manager is a great manager. She does her job right and is nice. But doesnt play around when its comes to work on being late, lazy, or foul language. Overall the job was a great experience for me learning different things giving me new experiences. With great people, great management and a great system going, no could ever complain about coming to work.
Pros
Free tots of stuff u picked to keeo every 2 weeks
Cons
Had to leave for personal reasons, ask manager, tammie havener.
Rude
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 5, 2016
Management and workers are very rude to other workers and workers gossip and try to get other workers fired for no reason.
Fun and entertaining workplace
Misc. Sorter (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 1, 2016
Had a great time at this job. Has loads of nice people to work with and will help out as much as possible with daily duties!
great employees
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJuly 17, 2016
I like working with culturally diverse populations ability to work with mentally ill and chemically dependent diverse populations.
very social job meeting people
Donation collector (Former Employee) –  Westland, MI 48185July 10, 2016
wait for donations for children and separate boxes from bags toys from books clothes from misc..i had co workers but not in the area i was in collecting the donations..and marking how many boxes bags and everything where received ..the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new ppl and making them smile with a well greeting..there was nothing hard about the job what so ever
Pros
easy work
Cons
was paid nothing
Overall it was a great place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellaire, TXJuly 7, 2016
This is a great place to work at as I learned many things about the sales industry and at the same time was able to give back to the community. We were able to help the homeless and many families who lost their homes/household items due to natural disasters or life crisis. I was able to bring out my creative side at times and was able to explore new ideas to promote sales at the store. My co-workers were very friendly and understanding. Overall, it was a great place to work.
Pros
Training was provided
Cons
Short of staff and it was difficult on busy sales days
nice place to work but dont like hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 30, 2016
work as a cashier and clean the store. the hours are not great but like my days off. Nice friendly people that work their but need more pay.
wonderful place to work with opportunities to help people on a dailybasis
Senior doc superviser (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJune 26, 2016
I enjoyed making food boxes and handing them out to the needy and helping people who needed clothing and vouchers to better their lives .all the people I worked with were selfless and noble.
Pros
a chance to do good deeds and think of others over myself.
Cons
no career advances
great work enviorment and people
Customer Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Orchard, WAJune 23, 2016
great work environment everyone is friendly. does get a little overwhelming at times when lots of inventory. great job to earn experience.
Pros
free lunchs for employess ever so often
Cons
hot in the store
decent place to work for
Maintenance and receiving (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJune 9, 2016
taught me a lot and gave me an opportunity to work there decent place to work at. i actually enjoyed working in the warehouse environment.
Volunteering at the homeless shelter
Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 8, 2016
I enjoy working here very much. It makes you feel good for giving back to the community where it needs it; it doesn't take a lot to do a lot for a cause. There are some paid positions but this was primarily volunteer work.
Great mission, poorly managed
Development Director (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 7, 2016
Too much emphasis on managing the kitchen and none placed on the rest of the program. I would not recommend this place if you are looking for long term employment.
Love Working for a Charity
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 1, 2016
I got to help so many people dress their children with no money (vouchers), or furnish a kitchen so they can cook a meal at home. Doesn't get better than that!
Kind, generous, and friendly members
Low Income Family Aid Provider (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 26, 2016
The members of the St. Vincent de Paul Society are some of the most altruistic people I have ever met in my life. They truly care for the well-being of others and in countless cases, put the priorities of those in need above their own. It has truly been a pleasure working alongside the members in providing aid to the less fortunate.
Beneficial, and productive.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 4, 2016
Working her was very beneficial for me, it taught me how to work well with others. As well as how to properly organize. The managers and co-worker were all very nice and made me feel confident well at work. They helped me when ever I came across a problem at work, never made me feel uncomfortable to ask for help. The hardest part about my job was transportation. Over all I got more job experience, and a better understanding of working in a fast pace environment.
Pros
Job experince
Cons
no cons
Really great
Warehouse Aide (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 27, 2016
People are nice, work conditions are good, management is understanding, everyone seems to be ready and up for the workday here it's really great
Great
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 22, 2016
I enjoyed interactions with other volunteers/employees while volunteering there. I helped customers out with items and stocked items.
Supportive environment
Director of Distribution (Current Employee) –  San Mateo County, CAApril 17, 2016
Days are busy due to the volume of work which is good. It is good to work for an organization whose mission is to help individuals and families in need. The staff I work with are interesting due to the philosophy of offering job opportunities to persons who have difficulty getting jobs due to their circumstances through our work rehabilitation program. In my position I have learned to oversee the operation of multiple stores, a truck fleet and dispatch office and open a distribution center.
Pros
benefits, culture of helping others
Cons
can be long hours at times
I enjoyed my clients
Special projects as assigned by Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 13, 2016
I worked as the Resident Services Manager for The Arlington Hotel in San Francisco. I had over 175 clients in the hotel. Some had Drug Abuse issues, HIV/AIDS and Mental Health issues. I went to jail to make visits, hospitals for visits and to court when needed. Attended meetings with the Department of Public Health and I met with Case Managers within our group. Went to Eviction Court to assist clients who were being evicted from their hotel rooms.
Pros
I enjoyed my clients
Cons
It was a great first job and kept me productive.
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 1, 2016
It was my first job and I was worried about eh environment but I picked up the routine quickly. The management and staff were great and all very hardworking. It taught me some social skills and working with others.

4.2