St Vincent de Paul Society Employee Reviews

National Organization is fantastic, but it doesn't trickle down
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 23, 2017
Nationally, this is a great and very beneficial organization, but it doesn't trickle down to the local level.

Untrained volunteers locally don't want to bother with the Rules, the National Manual, or the concepts and precepts the Organization was based upon.
Excessive Gossip, drama and power struggles made for a very dissatisfying experience.

Failure to stand up for others was also a major flaw. No raises, no benefits in over 2 years.
Pros
National Program is Exceptional
Cons
Local level sucks.
Nice volunteer work place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 20, 2017
Every day is different. Management is great, workplace culture is great. The hardest part is that there are others who could benefit by St. Vincent. The most enjoyable part is that I'm part of the mindset of St. Vincent.
Pros
I working for an organization that helps the economically challenged
Cons
I wish I was in a position to do more.
an ok job
Department Manager / Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 18, 2017
A good step in my own personal growth. not the ideal dream job but i did work with a lot of great people and learned a lot while i was there.
Good job if you like helping others
Client Aid Manager (Former Employee) –  West Branch, MIJune 18, 2017
For the most, I really liked my position, Just the new management was not very friendly, boarding on hostile. SVP as a whole is a very good orgination, just the invidual Store where I worked was wasn't so much.
What Saint Vincent De Paul Was Like.
Volunteer (Food Locker) (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 9, 2017
I had to find jobs to do at Saint Vincent De Paul the other volunteers were there longer than me so they had their daily routine. My coworkers were really nice as well as the management. And it was pretty easy.
Pros
Easy work, friendly coworkers, great work experience
Cons
Short hours, No pay.
Nice environment, secure and safe.
Donated Goods Processor (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJune 8, 2017
Excellent environment to work in. Available positions to move up and to increase income. Pleasant co-employees and supervising staff.
Would seek employment again.
Pros
Flexibility. Job security is based on individual performance.
Cons
Pay staerts off at minimum wage.
Great People
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 7, 2017
I enjoyed working here. There was alot to learn if you applied yourself and potiential for advancement. I would work here again if i could. The team environment was fun to work with.
A fun and quality driven workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 6, 2017
a typical day at work is dressing mannequins helping move furniture when need, supervisor for the register, handling money counting down drawers. I've learned a lot from being supervisor and learning new experiences. Everyone at work is like family. We all get along great. Always having to smile even when customers are very disrespectful.The most enjoying part of the job with helping out with vouchers for beds, clothing, furn etc..
Pros
Everyone gets along like a family
Cons
not enough hours
ok for part-time positions
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 4, 2017
very slow pace job. part-time position as an driver .... work day maybe 4hrs or less. only 2/3 stops in metro Atlanta area.
the management was very easy going... as long as stops completed before week over... you could take off as many days needed
Pros
long breaks
Cons
low pay
Helpful and kind
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAMay 30, 2017
I volunteered there multiple times through out my middle school time. They were always very sweet and helpful to me. Overall great ecpierence for me there/
Helping people in need knowing no request is denied.
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 22, 2017
Saint. Vincent de Paul is a Non-Profit Agency that serves the needy throughout the Diocese of Worcester, Ma. Before becoming Director I had the privilege of working there as Intake Coordinator. In that position my role was to take incoming calls and to handle the different requests that people would have. These requests ranged from economic difficulties, housing situations, health issues etc. My role was to assess the problem and to either provide direct assistance or to provide a referral. This job was very fulfilling because we were actually able to help people and to provide them with Hope!
Having that previous experience and coming in as Director was even more fulfilling because now I had 28 conferences within the Diocese to oversee that reached out to help people. Here I had the hands on experience, working in food pantries, home visits, hospital visits etc. Seeing the unconditional love and perseverance that each parish had in doing whatever possible to help those less fortunate than us left me in awe each and every time. It was a very humbling experience.
Nice work place
Retail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILMay 22, 2017
Great place to work. Enjoyed my time working there. I received alot of experience while training at this job site. I learned many valuable job skills at St. VIncent
Friendly & extremely social enviorment
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHMay 21, 2017
Slow work day. Excellent management. Social & friendly. Sorting is very stressful due to the mass quantity of items. Best part- definitely the people.
Pros
Discounts on any items
Cons
Stock is difficult
St vincet depaul
Machine Repairman (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 17, 2017
St vinny's is a true down to earth place to work, great mabagment, great hours and a fair place of oppertunity. truely is a great place to work. They will make sure after working there you will love you community a little bit more
Pros
Great people, great hours and a fair wage
Cons
There are none
Friendly
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 16, 2017
Great company they love their employees and give back to the communities. We worked together to get the stores looking good and. Clean. Everyone was nice and Work as a team
Pros
Free meals an thrift store things
Cons
Not steady hours
Ok place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 16, 2017
Ok thrift store stock clean store. Help customers stock shelves etc . Clean up nightly. Clean and help move furniture and other things. Decent place to Work they take Care of their employees
Pros
Free things
Cons
Distance
Private Catholic School
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMay 16, 2017
I completed my student teaching at this school. The administration appeared to be very friendly. The teachers seemed a bit clique-y. The school operated in a very traditional manner.
Pros
structured environment, respectful students
Cons
lack of teacher-to-student connections
Great work experience
Driver (Work Study) (Former Employee) –  Chamblee, GAMay 15, 2017
Great work environment. Overall the staff here are very friendly and the work is pretty straightforward. I worked here while in attending ICT and the hours were very flexible as the were able to work around my schedule at school.
olunteers to serve and help community in need with love and compassion
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2017
The St Vincent De Paul Society (or as it is often known - the SVP) is an international Christian voluntary organization dedicated to tackling poverty and disadvantage by providing practical assistance to those in need – irrespective of ideology, faith, ethnicity, age or gender, and is composed of Catholic volunteers who dedicate their time and resources to help those in need in their community. Non-Catholics may join with the understanding that the society is a Catholic organization.
cualification
Class C Truck driver (Current Employee) –  Schiller Park, ILMay 12, 2017
excellent, 8 hr. job picking up donation, learn how the public take care of the needed, management is outstanding, work place is great hardest part of job was none, enjoyable was working as a team.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St Vincent de Paul Society. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2