St Vincent de Paul Society Employee Reviews

wonderful place to work with opportunities to help people on a dailybasis
Senior doc superviser (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJune 26, 2016
I enjoyed making food boxes and handing them out to the needy and helping people who needed clothing and vouchers to better their lives .all the people I worked with were selfless and noble.
Pros
a chance to do good deeds and think of others over myself.
Cons
no career advances
great work enviorment and people
Customer Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Orchard, WAJune 23, 2016
great work environment everyone is friendly. does get a little overwhelming at times when lots of inventory. great job to earn experience.
Pros
free lunchs for employess ever so often
Cons
hot in the store
decent place to work for
Maintenance and receiving (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJune 9, 2016
taught me a lot and gave me an opportunity to work there decent place to work at. i actually enjoyed working in the warehouse environment.
Volunteering at the homeless shelter
Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 8, 2016
I enjoy working here very much. It makes you feel good for giving back to the community where it needs it; it doesn't take a lot to do a lot for a cause. There are some paid positions but this was primarily volunteer work.
Great mission, poorly managed
Development Director (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 7, 2016
Too much emphasis on managing the kitchen and none placed on the rest of the program. I would not recommend this place if you are looking for long term employment.
Love Working for a Charity
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 1, 2016
I got to help so many people dress their children with no money (vouchers), or furnish a kitchen so they can cook a meal at home. Doesn't get better than that!
Kind, generous, and friendly members
Low Income Family Aid Provider (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 26, 2016
The members of the St. Vincent de Paul Society are some of the most altruistic people I have ever met in my life. They truly care for the well-being of others and in countless cases, put the priorities of those in need above their own. It has truly been a pleasure working alongside the members in providing aid to the less fortunate.
Beneficial, and productive.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 4, 2016
Working her was very beneficial for me, it taught me how to work well with others. As well as how to properly organize. The managers and co-worker were all very nice and made me feel confident well at work. They helped me when ever I came across a problem at work, never made me feel uncomfortable to ask for help. The hardest part about my job was transportation. Over all I got more job experience, and a better understanding of working in a fast pace environment.
Pros
Job experince
Cons
no cons
Really great
Warehouse Aide (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 27, 2016
People are nice, work conditions are good, management is understanding, everyone seems to be ready and up for the workday here it's really great
Great
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 22, 2016
I enjoyed interactions with other volunteers/employees while volunteering there. I helped customers out with items and stocked items.
Supportive environment
Director of Distribution (Current Employee) –  San Mateo County, CAApril 17, 2016
Days are busy due to the volume of work which is good. It is good to work for an organization whose mission is to help individuals and families in need. The staff I work with are interesting due to the philosophy of offering job opportunities to persons who have difficulty getting jobs due to their circumstances through our work rehabilitation program. In my position I have learned to oversee the operation of multiple stores, a truck fleet and dispatch office and open a distribution center.
Pros
benefits, culture of helping others
Cons
can be long hours at times
I enjoyed my clients
Special projects as assigned by Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 13, 2016
I worked as the Resident Services Manager for The Arlington Hotel in San Francisco. I had over 175 clients in the hotel. Some had Drug Abuse issues, HIV/AIDS and Mental Health issues. I went to jail to make visits, hospitals for visits and to court when needed. Attended meetings with the Department of Public Health and I met with Case Managers within our group. Went to Eviction Court to assist clients who were being evicted from their hotel rooms.
Pros
I enjoyed my clients
Cons
It was a great first job and kept me productive.
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 1, 2016
It was my first job and I was worried about eh environment but I picked up the routine quickly. The management and staff were great and all very hardworking. It taught me some social skills and working with others.
helping the less fortunate
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 31, 2016
co-worker drunk. went though 3 managers in a year. I did enjoy helping others. priced donated items. worked with vouchers. organized donations.
Pros
close to home
Cons
poor pay, then cut hours
Agency that helps people
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2016
This organization depended on it's volunteers in order to keep the organization running smoothly. I enjoyed taking part in helping others.
Pros
Met a lot of people
Cons
Bad area
A good place to gain skills.
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 24, 2016
I believe this company is great to be able to learn and get an opportunity to gain important skills. It provides a diverse environment and also you get to work with a diverse population.
Productive and fun workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part of working at St. Vincent de Paul is working with the homeless and being able to give back to the community.
Fun place to work
Retail (Former Employee) –  La Pine, ORMarch 22, 2016
I thought it was fun and a great experience. I would like to get paid but never did. Other then that is was fun. The people where nice and the costumers where nice.
Pros
break
Cons
no pay
Productive and fun workplace
Customer service while I (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CA 94607March 16, 2016
I love the eenivornment and we cook luch to serve the homeless everyday. after that we would go to the classroom to do book work about the ServeSafe Certification. The most enjoyable part of that experience was giving back to the neighborhood
St Vincent De Paul
Committee Co-Chair (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIMarch 15, 2016
its a great feeling being a part of an organization that does so much good, as well as providing an atmosphere for individuals who may need a little more attention can get work experience and a sense of pride in work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St Vincent de Paul Society. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2