St. Alexius Medical Center

St. Alexius Medical Center Employee Reviews

fe
Nutrition Operator (Current Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILMay 4, 2015
great place great people great environment great cafe great computer system great overall company great employees caring people amazing amazing amazing
Excellent support system.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Bismarck, NDApril 25, 2015
Team Nursing environment provides excellent support system to new graduates.

Management is flexible and willing to work to provide a pleasant work environment.

The experience gained is irreplaceable because you're exposed to so much due to the acuity of patients.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the patient interaction.
productive and inspirational
Volunteer (Current Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILFebruary 16, 2015
I do tasks nurses call in such as patient discharge, delivering medicine and medical equipment to nurses, managing the information desk, and escorting people around the hospital

management is very considerate and listens to all suggestions

my co- workers are very friendly, hard working, and patient

the hardest part is dealing with impatient people at the front desk, sometimes they don't want to cooperate with the system

the most enjoyable part of the job is the gratitude from the patients
Great work culture
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Bismarck, NDFebruary 16, 2015
St. A's provides an environment where the entire health care team works together and helps each other. No back stabbing, the managers care about their employees, and its a friendly environment.
Rewarding job
Patient Registrar III, Customer Serv Rep (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Very busy customer service departments. Can be highly stressful at times. Loved the challenge that was brought to you daily. You learned something new every day you worked. Very rewarding in customer satisfaction.
Job Description
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Hoffman EstatesJanuary 5, 2015
-High acuity, Level II Trauma center
-Effectively utilized a team nursing approach to oversee a 17 bed, 10 pediatric bed, and 10 bed fast track unit
-Rotated through all areas of the ER, including triage
-Maintained ability to multi-task and prioritize patients in a high-stress environment
okay
Health Information Management (Current Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: most people are very nice
Cons: having to work on holidays
A typical day at work is going in and accessing what needs to be done.
Horrible
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILOctober 13, 2014
Horrible nurses and DON. Cared about their plans of getting drinks and not patient care.
Productive and great place to work
Operations Coordinator/System Administrator (Current Employee), Bismarck, NDOctober 5, 2014
Been employed for 14 years at St. Alexius great company to work for.
Every Day is a Gift!
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Bismarck, NDOctober 2, 2014
Pros: discounts from area buisnesses. great repor for staff to celebrate together as a whole.
Cons: hours and short staff issues.
Working at St. Alexius was very rewarding. You could be yourself completely, it was a place of caring. Not just a job. My motto is "Every day is a gift" and kept a postive attitude. The patients reminded us always that every day was a gift. The management was helpful and always defended the lab when there were questions. My co-workers were fun and laughed alot, the patients were known by name and we worked great as a team. The hardest part of the job is watching someone fight so hard for their life and they come to a point that there is no surviving. The most enjoyable part was having a family to come and see you every day. Seeing the strong survive and supporting those who were willing to fight. Hearing good news and giving huge hugs! Makes you happy when patients that are leaving come to tell you good bye and make you gifts to show us they care that we care.
great place to work
Health Information Technician (Former Employee), hoffman estatesJuly 10, 2014
quiet often busy a lot to do staff is great doctors are great
walking the floors seeing everything great experience
great friendly place
Registered Nurse Clinician I -Telemetry Unit (Current Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILJune 20, 2014
great friendly place to work. I work 7ato 7p, I learned how to be a critical thinker and manager of patient care. The management is fair and flexible, my coworkers are awesome. The hardest part of my job are the patients, but the more enjoyable part are the patients.
exciting and fun workplace with ups and downs
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILMay 18, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: management
Good experience in a hospital setting. This was definitely a great learning experience for me. The staff were very friendly and cooperative. If there was ever any confusion or anything I needed I was able to contact the right people and resolve my issues.
hospitalist
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Bismarck, NDMay 11, 2014
Pros: people, hours, patients
Cons: hospital reimbursement cut backs with insurance.
A typical day at work starts with seeing current patients in the hospital. Assessing and evaluating current status along with labs and radiology tests. Post operative consults come throughout the day as well as admissions. Coordinating discharges also comes along throughout the day.

My co workers are a wonderful part of my job. We work well together and help each other out when busy. They are a good source of support and knowledge. I also enjoy the different patients and the challenges that come with their medical illnesses.
Great Hospital with many opportunities to learn and grow as a team
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee), Hoffman Estates, IL.April 24, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: stressful, a lot of patients
Since working at SAMC I have had the privilege to work with some of the best nurses/coworkers I've ever had. Some days are stressful, but the pros far out way the cons of the nursing field. I love nursing and am so lucky and happy to be in a career that I truly love and honestly cannot wait to graduate! My patients mean more to me than a lot of people, I care for them regardless of situation and try my best everyday to have a positive outlook. While at work your coworkers and patients quickly become your family and you cry at the bedside with them and laugh at an older patient's wise but hysterical jokes/life stories.

Management on the units is fine, the only "bad" thing I can say is when you work at the bedside it's completely different than working in the corporate area of the hospital and sometimes it's hard for those upper people to know what we go through on a day to day basis. I have had so man opportunities since starting with SAMC, I wouldn't not have the confidence and knowledge I do today without the experiences I have had here. I can actually say MOST days I do love coming to work. The hardest part of the job is getting close to a family of a patient or the patient when their outcome is terminal and having to let go but still care for them, this is easily the most enjoyable part however as well. I feel very comfortable in this field and so confident in my abilities. I love getting positive feedback from patients or hearing through the grapevine that a previous patient is doing well.

I feel like in this field you either love it or you don't and when you don't it truly does show!
Great Hospital management and well balanced Team work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates in South Barrington ILFebruary 25, 2014
I enjoyed working here with a great team of co workers always helping out. I learned and grew my carrer as a Respiratory Therapist. Learning critical thinking, and communication. Hardest part of the job was the commute going to work and also as a noc shift balancing the schedule. I enjoyed helping out people and give the care thats I woulddo for my own love one.
Hospital Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee), SecurityNovember 22, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: insurance is a ppo
In security you spend a huge amount of time dealing/sitting with persons with varying degrees of psychological issues. You will deal with persons with every type of communicable disease you can imagine.
You will risk being spit at , scratched, bitten, kicked, punched as well have urine and feces thrown at you. You will deal with morgue duty ie; dealing with deceased individuals who have died of communicable illnesses. You will have to take down and restrain physically the above mentioned persons. All this and lots of walking. All this for ok benefits and insurance which is expensive. Management is good to staff within reason.
Fun working environment
PCT (Current Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILNovember 12, 2013
Great staff and working environment. The staff is friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand.
CT Technologist (Current Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILOctober 22, 2013
Pros: close to home, like co-workers
Cons: far from extended family
Moderately busy but everyone works together.
I have been able to get experience on various types of scanners
enhanced my skills with 3d imaging. The mission of the hospital is very important to me and they care about other.
Pastoral Care that really cares!
Resource / Overnight On Call Chaplain (Current Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILSeptember 2, 2013
Typically the hospital is divided up between several full time staff and part time resource chaplains in order to conduct patient visits. We serve the entire community regardless of religious denomination or belief.

St. Alexius Medical Center Salaries