St. Ambrose University Employee Reviews

Evening Weekend Coordinator
Administrative Assistant, Evening Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 10, 2016
Responsible for front desk procedures and assisting students/faculty and administrators at the ACCEL location for St Ambrose University. I learned good customer service skills along with entering student data into the Datatel database. Responsible for troubleshooting nova stations, making sure the building was secure, locking up and setting the alarm at the end of the evening and the last one to leave the building each workday. Management were flexible and supportive, I was a student and they allowed for me to take adult education classes along with classes on campus during the day. The hardest part of my job - nothing, I enjoyed this job. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all types of people, helping them and learning about them, assisting individuals with their needs.
Pros
Flexibility
Flexible and enjoyable jobs
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IADecember 30, 2015
Working with staff and other students through St. Ambrose creates more opportunities to grow and learn about different and creative ideas to apply to ones job.
Clear assignments. Intuitive subject matter. Productive environment.
Application developer (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IADecember 1, 2015
I find the work environment to be low stress.

My customers are always satisfied with my product.

I find the subject matter to be very intuitive, which makes it easier to make decisions.

I am able to accomplish quite a bit on the job.

The change management system is easy to use (which makes complying to documentation standards easy).

There have had some opportunities to expand my skill set.

I have had the honor of completing some tasks that make the team look good.
Pros
Low stress. There are opportunities to be productive. I am able to keep the customers satisfied.
Cons
Pay is very low--not market-competitive
Work Experience
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 21, 2015
Support departmental processes related student recruitment including contacting prospective students, creation of marketing materials, peer advising/mentoring, conducting campus tours and orientation activities, and delivery of presentations. Perform a variety of administrative tasks including preparation of Power Point presentations, data entry and analysis, web site development, collating marketing materials and presentations.
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 8, 2015
I loved working at Friendship Manor. It was like home. I learned a great deal about inventory control and working with the elderly. I'd still be there if it wasn't for the budget cut.
Pros
great people
Amazing experience!
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 18, 2015
Working with Residence Life has provided me with numerous life skills, including conflict management and communication. Over the 2 years of service to the university I was able to work effectively with a team staff and build great relationships.
Pros
Relationships, Co-workers, Experience
Cons
Balancing School Work
Good
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Galvin StudioApril 16, 2015
Its a great area to learn new things. I met different people with different backgrounds and the hours were very flexible.
Great benefits, free tution for children. The rest is very poor. Mismanaged and disorganized. No leadership.
Custodian III (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 16, 2015
Great benefits, free tution for children, paid vacation, sick days, personal days, life insurance. The rest is very poor. Mismanaged and disorganized. No leadership.
Fun workplace
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Davenport IADecember 15, 2014
As I was a student at St. Ambrose, I was able to work part-time with the athletic department. Working for them allowed me to become efficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
A productive and fun place to work!
Assistant Professor of Business Ethics (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IowaDecember 4, 2014
I taught courses in business ethics and philosophy. I conducted research and published articles. I also maintained a website blogging in business and ethics. The university provided grants to travel abroad. I did research on the Disneylands in China and Hong Kong. I was able to serve on the hiring and service committees.
Pros
collagues were wonderful to work with.
Cons
pay was less than expected.
best choice for higher education in the QCA
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR of ACCOUNTING (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 3, 2014
I love SAU, as it's a great family environment where faculty and staff truly care for the well-being of every student.
Excellent school
Full time student (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 14, 2014
Received my BA in accounting. Did not work for money but for tuition.
My job while in school full time was as the Non Traditional Students
Ombudsman. The job was conferring and performing in a neutral
conflict resolutions with teachers/staff and students.
An excellent University and place to work.
Campus Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 8, 2014
An excellent University and place to work. A great campus community and faculty.
Valued Experience
Assistant Director of Residence Life and Housing (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IADecember 16, 2013
I enjoyed my time at SAU and will always value the experience and friendships I gained while working there.
before being outsourced it was a family atomsphere
Custodian III (Former Employee) –  davenport,iowaApril 23, 2013
overall it was an excellent place to work,good benefits,good working conditions,and great people to work with,family enviroment
Pros
free lunch, get togethers, great benefits
Cons
outsourced, bad envroment poor mgt
Productive Learning experience
Circulation Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 17, 2013
I enjoyed the learning experience of how the Circulation Desk operated. I filed, organized and re-shelved materials. I checked in and out materials from the students. I enjoyed working with other students, it was a great way to meet people.
Pros
flexible schedule, friendly
great expericence
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 13, 2013
I build sets to theatrical productions. I monitored the lab use. My supervisors were great. I could go to them for help.
great work environment
Asst. Dean for Student Retention office (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 31, 2013
I love coming into work everyday, I have a great boss who loves to work and is interested in the students lives throughout St. Ambrose University. She is dedicated and hardworking, she has made my experience at St. Ambrose University fun. I have developed many of my skills by working in this department, and I know this will help me later on in life.
Fun and productive
Radio and TV production SAU TV (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 8, 2013
The experience that you get from them giving you the hands on experience is a plus!
Pros
experience, networking
Fun and you learn alot
Lab Preparation Worker (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IADecember 24, 2012
Working for the chemistry department was a lot of fun and it was really cool to apply chemistry to real life situations.

4.6