St. Ambrose University Employee Reviews

Lab classromm Instructor
Class Room Instructor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 25, 2017
Teaching students skills for nursing that would apply to actual assessments to people in the hospital. Had to pass lab to be able to do clinical in the hospital
RA was worth the money
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 22, 2017
Very relaxed work environment. Fun people to work with! I had a great supervisor my last year and she made this job enjoyable! If you enjoy getting to know a lot of different people, this is the job for you!
Pros
Free housing
Cons
Too many meeting
Cold Calls
Admissions Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 5, 2017
I would cold call high school students that wanted to go to Ambrose and give them the students perspective on what the school is like and to make sure they had all their forms in to apply.
Awesome place to work.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 2, 2017
I graded placement exams and I typed solutions in Latex on practice exams for students. I had hours that worked around my school schedule and I got to meet new people.
Effective and supported work place
Physics and General Sciences Tutor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 17, 2017
As a tutor at St. Ambrose, I was able to balance my work schedule and class schedule, as well as class work, very easily. The tutoring team works with you to find a spot where you will be most effective and supported.
Rejuvenating experience for me
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 7, 2017
Wonderful students, wonderful faculty. More opportunities for grants and other accolades, even small awards, than I've seen at other similar sized universities. Overall very fun if certain things are taken in stride. Grateful for the chance to be a part of SAU.

Can't speak yet to security (not relevant to my position)
Pros
Atmosphere, faculty
Cons
none as of yet
I love this School
Box Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 26, 2017
I worked in the box office in Galvin with the most amazing people and staff. We all got along and it was really like working for a family. I will miss my work family and all the friends I made.
RE: Small University, Small Minded
MBA Program Director (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 22, 2017
This university is not open to women or new ideas. If you want to be a contributor, then this is not the place for you. While the university offers good work/life balance, they are limited in their inability to engage new ideas and processes.
Resident Advising Made Difficult
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 6, 2017
The RAs are overworked, underpaid, and live in a fishbowl in a small school environment that demands perfection. There is a noticeable shift away from a "students first" mentality, and toward an environment where everyone is out for themselves only.
Pros
Free room
Cons
Management, time committment
Excellent place to work
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 21, 2016
Student worker, performed varies tasks, excellent place to work, people there are very friendly and excellent to work with.
Fun workplace including heavy learning about technical Theatre.
Summer Technical Work (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 21, 2016
6 Hour work day with an hour for lunch. Cleaning and maintaining the theater. Experimenting with and learning about light and sound design for theatre. Management is very personable and supportive. Coworkers are my age and are learning along with me. Hardest part of the job is the heavy lifting. Most enjoyable part of the job is being around coworkers and management team.
Evening Weekend Coordinator
Administrative Assistant, Evening Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 10, 2016
Responsible for front desk procedures and assisting students/faculty and administrators at the ACCEL location for St Ambrose University. I learned good customer service skills along with entering student data into the Datatel database. Responsible for troubleshooting nova stations, making sure the building was secure, locking up and setting the alarm at the end of the evening and the last one to leave the building each workday. Management were flexible and supportive, I was a student and they allowed for me to take adult education classes along with classes on campus during the day. The hardest part of my job - nothing, I enjoyed this job. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all types of people, helping them and learning about them, assisting individuals with their needs.
Pros
Flexibility
Flexible and enjoyable jobs
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IADecember 30, 2015
Working with staff and other students through St. Ambrose creates more opportunities to grow and learn about different and creative ideas to apply to ones job.
Clear assignments. Intuitive subject matter. Productive environment.
Application developer (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IADecember 1, 2015
I find the work environment to be low stress.

My customers are always satisfied with my product.

I find the subject matter to be very intuitive, which makes it easier to make decisions.

I am able to accomplish quite a bit on the job.

The change management system is easy to use (which makes complying to documentation standards easy).

There have had some opportunities to expand my skill set.

I have had the honor of completing some tasks that make the team look good.
Pros
Low stress. There are opportunities to be productive. I am able to keep the customers satisfied.
Cons
Pay is very low--not market-competitive
Work Experience
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 21, 2015
Support departmental processes related student recruitment including contacting prospective students, creation of marketing materials, peer advising/mentoring, conducting campus tours and orientation activities, and delivery of presentations. Perform a variety of administrative tasks including preparation of Power Point presentations, data entry and analysis, web site development, collating marketing materials and presentations.
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 8, 2015
I loved working at Friendship Manor. It was like home. I learned a great deal about inventory control and working with the elderly. I'd still be there if it wasn't for the budget cut.
Pros
great people
Amazing experience!
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 18, 2015
Working with Residence Life has provided me with numerous life skills, including conflict management and communication. Over the 2 years of service to the university I was able to work effectively with a team staff and build great relationships.
Pros
Relationships, Co-workers, Experience
Cons
Balancing School Work
Good
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Galvin StudioApril 16, 2015
Its a great area to learn new things. I met different people with different backgrounds and the hours were very flexible.
Great benefits, free tution for children. The rest is very poor. Mismanaged and disorganized. No leadership.
Custodian III (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 16, 2015
Great benefits, free tution for children, paid vacation, sick days, personal days, life insurance. The rest is very poor. Mismanaged and disorganized. No leadership.
Fun workplace
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Davenport IADecember 15, 2014
As I was a student at St. Ambrose, I was able to work part-time with the athletic department. Working for them allowed me to become efficient in Microsoft Office Suite.