St. Ann's Community

St. Ann's Community Employee Reviews

Love working with the residents
RN (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 8, 2016
I would enjoy my job more if we had adequate staff. I am disappointed in the quality of some of the staff. Poor work ethic and unprofessional behavior. Surprised to find what little knowledge many of the LPN's have of basic nursing. Management does not support staff.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Management does not support employees, pay
Good place to get expirence!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Irondequoit, NYFebruary 14, 2016
St. Ann's is a good place to get some hands on expirence. The work load can be over whelming and there is little time for breaks. The management could be better and unfortunately there are plenty of lazy people who think they don't have to pull their weight! Not so sure the new CEO has the company going in the right direction.
Pros
The residents are are great!!
Cons
Lots and lots of unprofessional drama !!!
St. Anns Community was a great place to work
Medical Secretary Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  1500 Portland Avenue Rochester NYFebruary 4, 2016
I held a few positions at St. Anns, beginning in 1997 as a Certified Nursing Assistant. I was then a Medical Secretary in 1998 and finally an Admissions Associates. I helped residents and their families with the admissions process. I conducted tours and i counseled people that were coming in for long term rehab, assistant living, hospice and long term skilled nursing care. I maintained census reports, I maintained budgets, I was the resource person when it came to training other administrative personnel where new computer programming was necessary. I triaged hundreds of phone calls daily.
Pros
Working with many people
Cons
Sometimes it was emotionally draining.
clean place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 21, 2015
I find management has no backing of there staff.
the co-workers are very back stabbing to each other.
over all its not a hard job
very well keep place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 12, 2015
Over all its a nice clean place to work.
They could use more insensitive and higher pay grade.
as well as union in place more bounces offered.
add your hire date and birthday day as payed holidays.
Pros
less patient load work
Cons
need better pay scale
Competitive and challenging work environment
Financial Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 31, 2015
The medical field is a completely different animal than the manufacturing environments I learned my trade in. I loved it.
A lot of potential with the right supervision
Clinical Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 30, 2015
I would go to work walking on eggshells d/t people wanting my job and management not helping me and having them always looking over my shoulder to let me know what I've done wrong. The floor I was on wasn't the most functional floor, but I did experience other floors and it was a night and day experience.
The CNA's and Nurses tried their hardest everyday even when management was against them. I loved the residents and my CNA's and most Nurses. The hardest part was knowing I was being set up to fail and even though I was aware of this,I tried to continue to learn about my position and continued to give my residents the optimal care considering my circumstances. Most enjoyable part of my job was learning my residents personalities and diagnosis with end stages of life and learning the dynamics of family, good or challenging. What I've learned from this experience is to always be a RN first, for safety and security for myself and my patients/residents. Also as a RN, to make an effort to continue learning and having insightful experiences is whats going to make me an optimal nurse.
Pros
Close to my home, overtime available and flexible with scheduling
Cons
Management, low retention rate, not enough employees to fill holes, computer system slow
My Typical Day in Medical Records
Health Information Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 17, 2015
My typical day in Medical Records always starts with a pot of coffee for myself and the ladies in my department. I then check my e-mail for any deaths within our many facilities. If a death did occur, I contact the MD/NP, bring them the certificate and any other information they need to complete the form. I contact the funeral homes and/or the Medical Examiner and organize them picking it up. I then go over and get every release that is due out to the requestor. Some times this includes billing, and contacting family/companies. My favorite thing about my job is that there is always more to learn and each release is different depending on the patient and his/her records. The hardest part of my job is dealing with upset family members but at the same time it's also one of my favorite parts because I love to listen and try to help in any possible way I can. I believe that customer service is very important and because our residents are what keep our company in business, I believe that the family and residents feelings and concerns come first. I've been able to meet and connect with so many different people because of this, making it the most enjoyable part of my job. Later on during the day, I scan and upload medical records in to the computer system. After this, I check the mail, sort it and then distribute it between the department. Our Medical Records Department is conjoined with our ITS Department so I also help out with them as much as possible.
Pros
Co-workers
Overall best place I have ever worked!
LPN (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 8, 2015
I really liked the environment at St. Ann's. The work flow was great. Mostly the employees were compliant. Administration was ok. Overall it was a great work experience. The best part of the job was the residents.
Very hard work. Difficult working eves, holidays and weekends with a young family
Staff LPN (Former Employee) –  Rochester,NYSeptember 24, 2014
This was very difficult working conditions. I was in charge on eve shift of 3 cna's and had 48 pts spread out over 4 floors. This started as an assisted living facility but became a nursing home setting in a high rise. We were not staffed accordingly. I would not take any breaks or stop for dinner or I would never get out on time.
Pros
Cons
No bfreaks at all. No time for them
St. Ann;s
LPN supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 21, 2014
I have worked for this company for just under a year and I don't have one complaint about the company. The Staff is amazing and Im proud to call my self an employee
Many caring staff working together cohesively.
Unit Secretary-Leo Center for Caring (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 12, 2014
A typical day within my acute medical office can be very fast-paced. Throughout my tenure, I have learned to have more patience with my colleauges and focus on the customers we serve.
Management is not very flexible in terms of bending schedules or compensation. They listen, however; are not very empathetic.
My co-workers are very supportive of each other and are willing to lend a helping hand.
The hardest part of the job are the scheduled hours. They are during the busiest times of the business day, and I find plenty of work to keep one occupied up until the moment I am scheduled to leave. The work-load is also unpredictable which in turn can cause poor time management.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to work with families that really need support. It is comforting to know I can make a difference for them as part of a team effort.
Pros
Comfortable atmosphere, friendly team
Cons
Difficulty taking a full rest period, compensation, hours
A nice working environment.
NM, CC, supervisor, staff RN (Former Employee) –  Rochester NYFebruary 10, 2014
I learned so much there from the doctors and the nurse practitioners. I really miss the residents. I learned a lot about documentation and mds's and pri's. The hardest part of the job was the constant shortage of staff and the on call 24/7.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Short staffed.
Great place to work and bulid skills that are lead by a great team of leaders and daily interaction with senior leadership
Executive Chef/Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 3, 2013
Continuous learning experience and the ability to use the skills that bring meaningful experiences to the residents everyday. Working with cross disciplinary teams to ensure person-centered care and services are delivered an a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with the resident's and the stories they tell.
Good Job
Resident Care Aide (Former Employee) –  portland ave Rochester new yorkJuly 29, 2013
Good job nice place loved the job and everything about it. Beautiful full sized church in the building and a great staff that made sure residents who wanted to attend service could
Beautiful facility and pleasant residents that live there.
Actvities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 22, 2013
My day was busy entertaining the residents. I spent a great deal of the day listening to them reminisce about their past, planning exciting, fun activities to engage them away from their rooms and keep them active.
I learned a lot about each resident and what type of person they were before they got to where they are today. I made sure their needs were met socially, emotionally, physically, intellectually, and spiritually. I became more than just a staff worker. We shared many sensitive moments in reflection and I helped them through troubled times.

Management unfortunately did not take care of items of concern the residents had even after they requested a solution. Management was more concerned about black and white situations and not the bigger picture of what their actions did to effect the residents

My co-workers were supportive and I to them. We worked together to find solutions and positive reinforcement to create more of a team.

The hardest part of my job was not having time to do all the fun things I wanted to offer the residents.

Most enjoyable part of my job was socializing with the residents and seeing how appreciative and happy they were when they engaged in my programs.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
low pay rate for the responsibilities.
ok place to work
LPN (Current Employee) –  rochester nyMarch 20, 2013
love the residents, co workers are well to work with, wonderful team players.
Nice place to work. Good working conditions and staff
Purchasing & Supply Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 3, 2013
Self paced and required to perform at high level. Various requirements generated through out the day. Must prioritize and balance work loads. Variety of challenges and expectations daily. Most co-workers are knowledgeable and easy to work with. Management is mostly supportive and empower staff to peform their job duties. I enjoy interaction with staff and the overall working conditions.
Pros
not a high stress envirorment. cafeteria, bistro and cafe for staff.
Cons
limited growth opportunities and hifg stress at times.
St. Ann's Home
RN Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 8, 2012
When I worked there I loved my job. I appreciated them giving me an opprtunity to change jobs when an injury on St. Ann's property did not allow me to do the job I was hired to do. I liked the people I worked with and the clients. When I was fired from my job I lost a lot of respect for St. Ann's. I always worked hard and found this was not rewarded.
Pros
coworkers, inservices, my hours
Cons
frequent changes in administration, no support for nursing staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Ann's Community. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6