St. Ann's Community

St. Ann's Community Employer Reviews

Many caring staff working together cohesively.
Unit Secretary-Leo Center for Caring (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 12, 2014
Pros: comfortable atmosphere, friendly team
Cons: difficulty taking a full rest period, compensation, hours
A typical day within my acute medical office can be very fast-paced. Throughout my tenure, I have learned to have more patience with my colleauges and focus on the customers we serve.
Management is not very flexible in terms of bending schedules or compensation. They listen, however; are not very empathetic.
My co-workers are very supportive of each – more... other and are willing to lend a helping hand.
The hardest part of the job are the scheduled hours. They are during the busiest times of the business day, and I find plenty of work to keep one occupied up until the moment I am scheduled to leave. The work-load is also unpredictable which in turn can cause poor time management.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to work with families that really need support. It is comforting to know I can make a difference for them as part of a team effort. – less
A nice working environment.
NM, CC, supervisor, staff RN (Former Employee), Rochester NYFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great work environment.
Cons: short staffed.
I learned so much there from the doctors and the nurse practitioners. I really miss the residents. I learned a lot about documentation and mds's and pri's. The hardest part of the job was the constant shortage of staff and the on call 24/7.
Great place to work and bulid skills that are lead by a great team of leaders and daily interaction with senior leadership
Executive Chef/Purchasing Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 3, 2013
Continuous learning experience and the ability to use the skills that bring meaningful experiences to the residents everyday. Working with cross disciplinary teams to ensure person-centered care and services are delivered an a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with the resident's and the stories they tell.
Good Job
Resident Care Aide (Former Employee), portland ave Rochester new yorkJuly 29, 2013
Good job nice place loved the job and everything about it. Beautiful full sized church in the building and a great staff that made sure residents who wanted to attend service could
Beautiful facility and pleasant residents that live there.
Actvities Coordinator (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 22, 2013
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: low pay rate for the responsibilities.
My day was busy entertaining the residents. I spent a great deal of the day listening to them reminisce about their past, planning exciting, fun activities to engage them away from their rooms and keep them active.
I learned a lot about each resident and what type of person they were before they got to where they are today. I made sure their needs were – more... met socially, emotionally, physically, intellectually, and spiritually. I became more than just a staff worker. We shared many sensitive moments in reflection and I helped them through troubled times.

Management unfortunately did not take care of items of concern the residents had even after they requested a solution. Management was more concerned about black and white situations and not the bigger picture of what their actions did to effect the residents

My co-workers were supportive and I to them. We worked together to find solutions and positive reinforcement to create more of a team.

The hardest part of my job was not having time to do all the fun things I wanted to offer the residents.

Most enjoyable part of my job was socializing with the residents and seeing how appreciative and happy they were when they engaged in my programs. – less
ok place to work
LPN (Current Employee), rochester nyMarch 20, 2013
love the residents, co workers are well to work with, wonderful team players.
Nice place to work. Good working conditions and staff
Purchasing & Supply Support Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: not a high stress envirorment. cafeteria, bistro and cafe for staff.
Cons: limited growth opportunities and hifg stress at times.
Self paced and required to perform at high level. Various requirements generated through out the day. Must prioritize and balance work loads. Variety of challenges and expectations daily. Most co-workers are knowledgeable and easy to work with. Management is mostly supportive and empower staff to peform their job duties. I enjoy interaction with staff – more... and the overall working conditions. – less
St. Ann's Home
RN Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMay 8, 2012
Pros: coworkers, inservices, my hours
Cons: frequent changes in administration, no support for nursing staff
When I worked there I loved my job. I appreciated them giving me an opprtunity to change jobs when an injury on St. Ann's property did not allow me to do the job I was hired to do. I liked the people I worked with and the clients. When I was fired from my job I lost a lot of respect for St. Ann's. I always worked hard and found this was not rewarded.

March 26, 2013

I agree. They seem to terminate staff too easily. I am not happy with Administration who do not monitor their managers more closely and make them accountable.