St. Ann's Community Employee Reviews

Excellent
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 8, 2017
St. Ann's community is an excellent company to work for. Security team management is phenomenal and have the best interest of employees in mind. Would recommend to anyone.
July 10, 2017

We are proud of our Security Department and glad you are having an excellent experience! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Wonderful Company
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Irondequoit, NYJuly 6, 2017
No job is perfect, but I've found that at St. Ann's Community, each area of employment offers the best opportunities for their employees. For example, CNA's are provided great benefits and numerous appreciations such as attendance bonuses and free meals. All employees are given opportunities for career advancement, academic scholarships, tuition reimbursement, leadership academy programs.

It isn't uncommon to see employees who have been at St. Ann's Community for 10-20 years, as well as finding people who started in entry-level jobs and worked their way up to Management positions and Director status.

St. Ann's Community provides everything you could possibly want in a job. It's your responsibility as the employee to utilize everything the company has to offer and contribute to the company and its culture.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement, Academic Scholarships, Career Advancement, Positive Culture, Leadership Program, Pto
Cons
Honestly, none.
July 10, 2017

The "pros" that you mention are all a part of what we offer to make St. Ann's Community a rewarding place to work. So glad you feel the way you do and decided to shared your impression with others.

Horrible pay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 21, 2017
My experience was not so great first the pay was lousy. I made more as an HHA than a CNA starting out! The orientation was good overall soon as i was out on my set floor things went horrible NO TEAM WORK in my hall at all and the pettiness with gossip was too much amongst some staff who were in higher roles. The residents were sweet but they need to take their employeess more seriously which is why I left . NEVER any staff my first few months were awful once I was there I saw why they couldn't keep staff.
Pros
Residents
Cons
No staff not enough pay no team work
June 29, 2017

We are disappointed to hear that your time at St. Ann’s was not what you had hoped for, because it’s our employees who make the resident experience at St. Ann’s such a positive one. Our goal is to bring together caring, dedicated people who enjoy working with Seniors in an environment where teamwork and collaboration make a real difference. We are proud of our entire team of over 1200 caregivers, and we are committed to caring for the most important people on earth. - Bob, VP of Organizational Development

Christain work place
LPN (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 27, 2017
St. Anns community was a great place to work I enjoyed my time their. the staff was professional, Management was fair with the way they treated employees the hardest part of the job was working with a short staff and doing double shift's because we were short staffed.it put stress on the workers but we always got the job done.
Pros
Working Enviroment
Cons
Short Staffed too often
Busy,busy,& busy...
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 16, 2017
Working with 6 department everyday is a challenge that keep me multitasking all day. I have to get my job done in an efficient and timely manner because our residents depend on our service. Being the Facilities coordinator is a rewarding job knowing that you have made a difference in someone's life.
Pros
Knowing I helped someone today
Cons
Life is short, so enjoy it!
daily interaction with everyone in the halls
Secretary/Transporter Beauty Salon (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 25, 2016
transporter resident to get the hair done so they looked good and felt good...keeping the flow going to help the contracted hairdresser busy and making money. taking requests for appts. for a special occasion and getting them on the schedule in a timely fashion.
Love working with the residents
RN (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 8, 2016
I would enjoy my job more if we had adequate staff. I am disappointed in the quality of some of the staff. Poor work ethic and unprofessional behavior. Surprised to find what little knowledge many of the LPN's have of basic nursing. Management does not support staff.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Management does not support employees, pay
Good place to get expirence!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Irondequoit, NYFebruary 14, 2016
St. Ann's is a good place to get some hands on expirence. The work load can be over whelming and there is little time for breaks. The management could be better and unfortunately there are plenty of lazy people who think they don't have to pull their weight! Not so sure the new CEO has the company going in the right direction.
Pros
The residents are are great!!
Cons
Lots and lots of unprofessional drama !!!
St. Anns Community was a great place to work
Medical Secretary Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  1500 Portland Avenue Rochester NYFebruary 4, 2016
I held a few positions at St. Anns, beginning in 1997 as a Certified Nursing Assistant. I was then a Medical Secretary in 1998 and finally an Admissions Associates. I helped residents and their families with the admissions process. I conducted tours and i counseled people that were coming in for long term rehab, assistant living, hospice and long term skilled nursing care. I maintained census reports, I maintained budgets, I was the resource person when it came to training other administrative personnel where new computer programming was necessary. I triaged hundreds of phone calls daily.
Pros
Working with many people
Cons
Sometimes it was emotionally draining.
clean place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 21, 2015
I find management has no backing of there staff.
the co-workers are very back stabbing to each other.
over all its not a hard job
very well keep place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 12, 2015
Over all its a nice clean place to work.
They could use more insensitive and higher pay grade.
as well as union in place more bounces offered.
add your hire date and birthday day as payed holidays.
Pros
less patient load work
Cons
need better pay scale
Competitive and challenging work environment
Financial Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 31, 2015
The medical field is a completely different animal than the manufacturing environments I learned my trade in. I loved it.
A lot of potential with the right supervision
Clinical Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 30, 2015
I would go to work walking on eggshells d/t people wanting my job and management not helping me and having them always looking over my shoulder to let me know what I've done wrong. The floor I was on wasn't the most functional floor, but I did experience other floors and it was a night and day experience.
The CNA's and Nurses tried their hardest everyday even when management was against them. I loved the residents and my CNA's and most Nurses. The hardest part was knowing I was being set up to fail and even though I was aware of this,I tried to continue to learn about my position and continued to give my residents the optimal care considering my circumstances. Most enjoyable part of my job was learning my residents personalities and diagnosis with end stages of life and learning the dynamics of family, good or challenging. What I've learned from this experience is to always be a RN first, for safety and security for myself and my patients/residents. Also as a RN, to make an effort to continue learning and having insightful experiences is whats going to make me an optimal nurse.
Pros
Close to my home, overtime available and flexible with scheduling
Cons
Management, low retention rate, not enough employees to fill holes, computer system slow
My Typical Day in Medical Records
Health Information Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 17, 2015
My typical day in Medical Records always starts with a pot of coffee for myself and the ladies in my department. I then check my e-mail for any deaths within our many facilities. If a death did occur, I contact the MD/NP, bring them the certificate and any other information they need to complete the form. I contact the funeral homes and/or the Medical Examiner and organize them picking it up. I then go over and get every release that is due out to the requestor. Some times this includes billing, and contacting family/companies. My favorite thing about my job is that there is always more to learn and each release is different depending on the patient and his/her records. The hardest part of my job is dealing with upset family members but at the same time it's also one of my favorite parts because I love to listen and try to help in any possible way I can. I believe that customer service is very important and because our residents are what keep our company in business, I believe that the family and residents feelings and concerns come first. I've been able to meet and connect with so many different people because of this, making it the most enjoyable part of my job. Later on during the day, I scan and upload medical records in to the computer system. After this, I check the mail, sort it and then distribute it between the department. Our Medical Records Department is conjoined with our ITS Department so I also help out with them as much as possible.
Pros
Co-workers
Overall best place I have ever worked!
LPN (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 8, 2015
I really liked the environment at St. Ann's. The work flow was great. Mostly the employees were compliant. Administration was ok. Overall it was a great work experience. The best part of the job was the residents.
Very hard work. Difficult working eves, holidays and weekends with a young family
Staff LPN (Former Employee) –  Rochester,NYSeptember 24, 2014
This was very difficult working conditions. I was in charge on eve shift of 3 cna's and had 48 pts spread out over 4 floors. This started as an assisted living facility but became a nursing home setting in a high rise. We were not staffed accordingly. I would not take any breaks or stop for dinner or I would never get out on time.
Pros
Cons
No bfreaks at all. No time for them
St. Ann;s
LPN supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 21, 2014
I have worked for this company for just under a year and I don't have one complaint about the company. The Staff is amazing and Im proud to call my self an employee
Many caring staff working together cohesively.
Unit Secretary-Leo Center for Caring (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 12, 2014
A typical day within my acute medical office can be very fast-paced. Throughout my tenure, I have learned to have more patience with my colleauges and focus on the customers we serve.
Management is not very flexible in terms of bending schedules or compensation. They listen, however; are not very empathetic.
My co-workers are very supportive of each other and are willing to lend a helping hand.
The hardest part of the job are the scheduled hours. They are during the busiest times of the business day, and I find plenty of work to keep one occupied up until the moment I am scheduled to leave. The work-load is also unpredictable which in turn can cause poor time management.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to work with families that really need support. It is comforting to know I can make a difference for them as part of a team effort.
Pros
Comfortable atmosphere, friendly team
Cons
Difficulty taking a full rest period, compensation, hours
A nice working environment.
NM, CC, supervisor, staff RN (Former Employee) –  Rochester NYFebruary 10, 2014
I learned so much there from the doctors and the nurse practitioners. I really miss the residents. I learned a lot about documentation and mds's and pri's. The hardest part of the job was the constant shortage of staff and the on call 24/7.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Short staffed.
Great place to work and bulid skills that are lead by a great team of leaders and daily interaction with senior leadership
Executive Chef/Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 3, 2013
Continuous learning experience and the ability to use the skills that bring meaningful experiences to the residents everyday. Working with cross disciplinary teams to ensure person-centered care and services are delivered an a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with the resident's and the stories they tell.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Ann's Community. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9