ST. ANN'S HOME Employee Reviews in United States

Job consumes your life. Mentally, physically, emotionally.
Residential Child Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAMarch 8, 2016
Shifts are rarely less than 12 hours. They go all the way up to 24 hours. The long hours aren't the issue. You know about the hours going into the job. You do not get breaks. NONE. Even in the 24 hour shifts. Sure, you get to go play basketball, you get to take them ice skating, to the movies. But you never get just a break. You need a break, mentally. You need a break in a working place. It is illegal not to. On the long shifts, there are 2 staff in each unit. One sleeps for 2-3 hours, then the next person sleeps. That's it. In 24 hours, you sleep for 2-3 hours. Every other week, you don't sleep at all. You never get to go into the staff office and sleep. It's exhausting. Physically and mentally exhausting. You never see your family because when you're not working, you're sleeping because you're exhausted. They need to change their ways. They need a third person when one or two are sleeping. These kids. You are their world. And that is such a blessing and amazing feeling to know you're changing the lives of unfortunate children. But the stress of the job almost isn't worth it. Have no life. Have no family. Don't have emotions. Don't have any personal issues. Just don't be human if you want to work here.

Everyone wants to review all the happy sides. Here is the truth.
Pros
Impacting children
Cons
Everything else
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 27, 2015
Report from nurse, med and treatment admin, admissions, discharges. Coworkers were mostly positive. Management lacked in lots of areas. Hardest part is getting an admit during second shift when most of staff leave for the day. Enjoyed my residents.
The Hardest Part of My Job
Child Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAAugust 1, 2015
A great organization to work for. The administration respects and cares for their workers. You are required to work one sometimes two, 24 hour shifts a week.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
24 hours shifts
Large Employer in Nursing
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Transporter (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 14, 2012
My day at work consist of daily scheduling and transporting of patients to and from appointments. I have learned throughout my years of work that everyone is someone important to me. I am a leader and can multi-task.The coworkers I work with are supportive to any accomplishments I have made while being here. The hardest part of my job would be transporting patients and the elevators are down but, I have patients and my day goes by just fine. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have staff memebers who show teamwork and appreciation and knowing they appreciate me for my hard work is all the reason I enjoy my job.
Pros
leaving work when everything is done
Cons
leaving work early because everything is done
Fun experience
Child Care Counselor/Intern (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAJuly 16, 2012
Because I was interning, I was only at St. Ann's Home for a couple of months but I got to experience the everyday schedule and experience of a regular employee. It was very fun to work with the children. I was able to play games with them such as basketball or board games, take them out to eat if they deserved it, etc. Most of the time I enjoyed going to work but on occasion, there were some rough days. When helping a child cope with their particular issues and trying to have them reason but they still couldn't be rational was hard. What the hardest part of this job was reading up on the children's files/history and/or reasons for which they are having particular issues. For some, it was hard to take in but in the end it helped me to want to be there for them even more.
great place to work.
maint tech (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 30, 2015
pleasant place to work. enjoyed working in client areas visiting with them. pay wasn't great though. staff was friendly.
Pros
37.5 hour week simple straight forward work.
Cons
pay was not good.
Nice place to work
LPN Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 9, 2015
Great place to be as a nurse. No complaints. Staff is pleasant and self motivated, they know their jobs and are helpful when needed.
fun work place
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 12, 2014
Assiting in breakfast ,lunch and dinner .Assiting with dietary needs
Pros
free lunch fun staff
Cons
short breaks great staff
Great employer with great attitude, people work together well
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Fullerton Ave, Grand Rapids, MichiganDecember 15, 2011
I feel St Ann's home is a great place to work. The staff is very helpful and everyone has a great teamwork mentality. I enjoyed working at St Ann's Home and enjoyed tthe patients. It was a great experience I will always remember.
Pros
good teamwork, great staff
Great place to work/ Excellent Benefits
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 21, 2014
Good experience working on many different units. Wonderful experience good work environment.
wonderful
Assist Resident (Former Employee) –  grandrapidsAugust 18, 2014
a great place to work everyone is nice and things are in order not smelly like other nursing homes
A job
Diatary Aid (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 14, 2013
It is a job that is good for a highschooler and College students. I teaches great life skills
Pros
okay workforce
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ST. ANN'S HOME. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3