St. Anthony's Hospital Employee Reviews

fast paced, friendly environment
Customer Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 11, 2016
A typical day at work here is fast paced and very detailed. The environment is serious, yet friendly and management is accessible, easily contactable and flexible. My coworkers are nice and team work is not an issue. the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help patients and family members with their needs. A lot of them are very appreciative. I enjoy helping others. The hardest part of my job is just making sure the codes are called to the right place and people in a timely manner
Pros
insurance and benefits
Cons
no breaks
Productive Hospital, Great Core Values, Insecure Managers
Registered Nurse - CN-II (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 14, 2016
Overall this hospital provides excellent customer care. Middle managers are very insecure in their positions and take it out on their staff most of the time. Work/Life Balance is non existent. If you are working nights expect to spend many days attending meetings or education seminars. Loved the patients and my co-workers. The team atmosphere in the ED was remarkable.
Pros
All the overtime you want....
Cons
MIddle Management is very poor and unsuportive of their staff.
Fast pace,Busy and a great place to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 6, 2016
I work in the Emergency Room it is very busy,fast pace and a great place to work and get great experience they don't micro manage unless you are not able to keep up then management will say somthing but other then that i love i just work part time and looking for full time.
I was an intern
Pharmacy Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 23, 2016
I was an intern here so thus I cannot comment on the salary and other benefits and such but I loved being here. I felt like I learned a lot during my short time here.
Great, caring, fun co-workers, slow movement with upper management
Patient Information (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Peers and fellow employees great - Benefits great - most managers great and caring, however, the hiring process is ridiculously long and tedious, and many recruiters are very dishonest with you.
Pathology Dept. was managed by a group of key pathologists that required strong attention to detail patient confidentiality.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 20, 2016
Worked as a team in the pathology department providing direct support to four pathologists. Co-workers all shared a common goal of performing professional duties as assigned.
Review
Clinical nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 25, 2016
I only worked here for a year. Not a great work environment. Short staffed. No visibility of management. Poor floor training, no consistency for orientation.
A day in the life of a secretary
Healthcare Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLApril 8, 2016
Restocking 4 rooms; The break room, the medicine room, the nourishment room, and the clean utility room. Then consults are called out, doctor's are helped, and family members are helped. Water is changed for all the patients and new beds are made. Food is passed out and collected to and from the patients.
Great Place to Work
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 2, 2016
Great Place to Work , Co workers and Management very good

At Times Stressful Dealing with Sick Patients, But its Great Helping Them.
Pros
Great Training
Cons
Seeing People Sick
Productive place with lots of great people
PTA student (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 16, 2016
I worked at an intern through a PTA program and learned a lot. The group of people like to make things light but professional and they provide excellent results and great personal care.
Excellent place to work.
Director's Secretary - Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Productive and a great learning experience. Fair assessment during yearly reviews. Excellent customer service and great working environment.
Pros
Excellent benefit package; close to work
A hospital dedicated to Service
RN, Charge Nurse, Clinical Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 1, 2015
I have been working in St.Anthony Hospital for over 10 years. It is a great place to work with a very responsive management team. The care provided is patient oriented.
St Anthonys
Security and Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 24, 2013
Great place to work due to team cooperation. Typical work day consisted of primarily providing security over suicidal, homicidal, psychotic patients in the emergency room. I learned how to effectively calm individuals that were both outside their normal mind set and also high on accelerate drugs such as Meth and PCP. Also how to continue to work as a team leader/member in extremely stressful situations. Upper management was incompetent at best, but my direct supervisor was by far the best supervisor i have ever worked under. Co-workers were more of a family than employees we worked as a solid unit enabling each of our individual talents. Hardest part of the job was the physicality of having to constantly subduing violent patients. The most enjoyable part was the staff.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
low pay for work performed
Very nice place to work.
Student Nurse Apprentice Program (SNAP) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis MOOctober 23, 2013
My day at work would start with a morning meeting in which we all would receive the news and plan for the day. I would learn something new almost everyday due to the variety in the age groups and patients. Management was awesome and the coworkers were always helpful. The hardest part of my job was knowing that I could not always see the best results in different situations. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to make a difference in other peoples lives.
Pros
good working teams and everybody had a voice.
Cons
poor health insurance benefits with high cost
Not as great a place as I thought it would be.
laboratory assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FloridaJuly 23, 2013
I was soo excited when I was hired to work for this hospital. I was more than ready to show them what a great addition I would be to their organization! I had heard great things from people about the care they recieved from the hospital and was eager to start. However, working for St. Anthony's was a totally different story. The fact that they don't believe in unions and spread lies about them at orientation really bothered me from the beginning. However, that aside; It would have been an ok place to work if they actually had enough staffing. The work load was too high and I wasn't able to handle it. Now don't get me wrong; I am a HARD worker and did my VERY best to get the job done, but it just wasn't enough. I was told I was being fired (instead of forced to resign) because I couldn't keep up with the patient load. I wasn't even given a second chance or enough time to improve. I'll miss some of the people I worked with who were great team players and wish them all the best.
Pros
good cafeteria food. fair pay. smaller hospital.
Cons
cut-throat. over-worked, not enough staffing.
Learned a lot
RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 16, 2015
I started my nursing career here and learned so much. The staff is amazing and always willing to help. The management treated me like family.
Supportive Work Environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Baycare is a wonderful company to work for as a new RN. They are supportive and helpful. The people who work there are all very friendly and genuine.
Hospital OK
Registered Nurse (Medical/Surgical) (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 23, 2015
I was surprised that after orientation to this facility. It was like any other medical facility. Other employees don't speak, walk right passed you and not a word. A lot of caddy behavior and gossiping.
PCCU Unit
Coronary Care Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 1, 2015
Management and care of the cardiac patient. Worked the evening shift on a 7 bed unit with an LPN. Responsibility included the care and management of the PCCU patient, including cardiac assessment, EKG reading, medication administration, communication with physician on patient status.

This hospital is no longer in existence.
Pros
Positive place to work
My experience at St.Anthony's Hospital
Patient Access Representative (ER) (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 6, 2015
I started at this hospital in 2010 and everyday is a learning experience. I worked my way up to Patient Access Representative from starting at the bottom. I worked as a utility worker, food server,cook, prep cook,supervisor in the Cafe and then I applied for a position in the ER department and I love it. It was fun and exciting everyday I met new people and made every employees day a happy one. I am a happy person who loves to learn new things and apply my experience to an everyday work process.
Pros
incentives monthly bonuses
Cons
not enough co workers to cover shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Anthony's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2