St. Anthony Hospitals

St. Anthony Hospitals Employer Reviews

nice place where you can move forward
cashier (Former Employee), Crown Point, INSeptember 30, 2014
This hospital was a nice place where you could move on.if you like to study the hospital offer opportunities
great place to work.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 29, 2014
Great place to work. Loved working with the Rn's and docs. everyone in the department is a team player and we all work together to make the experience great for the patient.
Stable position, friendly helpful co-workers
Staff Nurse Med/Surg Float Pool (Former Employee), Lakewood, COSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: a massage therapist came during night shift and great co-workers
Floating within the hospital provided variety in caring for many different types of patients. I gained more knowledge in caring for patients with strokes, TBI, cardiac, and rehab. Co-workers were great! They were the best part of this job. The hardest part of the job was being able to get everything done that one hoped to. Especially concerning patient/family – more... education. – less
Productive with several dining occasions in hospital
H.I.M. Associate (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: food day
Cons: sometimes you need to get away from your desk for a short break
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I leave my job and knowing that I put forth my best effort in getting my job done, sometime the hardest part is in training trying to know everything which may put me a little behind. I work very well with my employees in every job I had. I learned that I have to manage my workload by its priority.
this was my first job out of college. Enjoyable place to work.
PRN (Former Employee), St. LouisSeptember 10, 2014
The gym was large with updated equipment for that time. We saw a wide variety of patients. At that time patients would stay in the hospital for rehab.
Great environment where everyone (even the President) cares
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee), Gig Harbor, WASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits, competetive pay, lots of "team spirit" in departments and between other departments
Cons: small hospital, not very diverse, its religiously affiliated (which for me is a very small con, i just am not religious)
I worked in the Dietary department for just over 2.5 years and I loved it! The head Chef and my director were amazing to work with. Throughout my time there I went back to school and picked up a part-time job to gain experience in another field and they worked with me to accommodate my schedule.
Overall my co-workers and supervisors were all really – more... supportive and really fostered a servant leadership culture.
As long as you do your part they will do theirs to compensate you and give you great benefits and support.
Lots of opportunity to move around in the company which spans across the country. – less
Productive environment
Patient Care Tech/Laboratory Asst/Pathology Asst (Former Employee), Effingham, ILSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: health insurance and pto
Cons: left to pursue the continuation of my medical coding certificate
Very busy with answering telephones and questions, performing daily tasks, helping patients with their very important questions. I learned so many things from working within the laboratory.
The co-workers , doctors, supervisors are great, but upper lrvel management is horrible. I was employed as a Cna for 14 yr, was terminated while sick.
Former Employee (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2014
Pros: good with asthma
Cons: quick turnover. now u see them and now u don't.
A great place to work, but don't get too comfortable they'll fire U in a heartbeat.
i like working with the supervisor and staff
Certified Health Unit Coordinator/Monitor Tech (Former Employee), Michigan City, INAugust 25, 2014
A typical day I worked on a cardiac step down unit. Patients were coming and going at all times. I had to make sure there monitors were on and working correctly. I reported information to doctors and nurses. I learned more about cardiac patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing patients getting back to normal activities.
manager is very professional.
Monitor Technician/Safety Sitter (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 25, 2014
Pros: 12 hour shifts, 3 shifts a week.
Cons: night shift.
Great place to work and was conveniently located. Provided a great foundation for learning. However, the employees were not very happy people.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 24, 2014
it was a great facility as a new nurse, great learning environment
Productive and fun workplace, wonderful coworkers
Registered Nurse - Acute Rehab (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 18, 2014
fun place to work, understaffed at times, wonderful coworkers, high patient to nurse ratio
Community Oirented Facility
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2014
Pros: take care of nurses well
Cons: staffing
Wonderful organization to work for. Friendly environment, amazing co-workers. Most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that I had a part in making someone else feel better.
fun and exciting
RN (Former Employee), chicago ILJuly 31, 2014
Pros: fast pace, exciting, new experiences
Cons: fast turn over
Working in the ED/ER

I have enjoyed being cross trained in the emergency department. My experience here can not emphasize how my experience and skills developed so rapidly. Everything in the ED is fast pace and you need to be ready for anything. Autonomy is much needed here and this is something I learned to master well. I learned how to use my time – more... managements skills and learned how to prioritize my duties. I also learned to work, think, and delegate all at the same time in a timely manner. One thing that I learned from colleagues is to always remain calm and passive. I am thankful for this amazing opportunity. – less
Stress to the maximum. Only redeeming quality was the nice boss I had.
Wound Care Tech (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great manager/free lunches from vendors often.
Cons: empty promises.
I took this job thinking it was a secretarial position, suggested by my Dr.. As soon as I began I realized this was not a good fit considering the tasks that were required. Speaking w/my managers they agreed that I was a good worker, and that they would "transfer" me to another position. When the time came, there was no place to transfer me to and nobody – more... to "help" me. I've been without work for over 3 months now. St. Anthony's killed my mother, so maybe the only way to get an income is to sue them for their neglect. Being without work is a scary thing. – less
Excellent Team Work
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lakewood, COJuly 27, 2014
Pros: great team, beautiful facility, excellent resources and equipment
Cons: very poor pay
This is the best facility I have ever worked for, by far. The staff works as such an amazing team. The patients are cared for as though they were a family member to each team member assisting them. The management works together with the staff for the betterment of the facility, patient care, and staff satisfaction. Management is always available to – more... work the floor if for some reason the staff is having trouble maintaining the patient load. This is the only facility where I have seen management change from a suit to scrubs to assist the staff on the floor. – less
Clinical Rotation
Clinical Rotation (Former Employee), Pendleton, ORJuly 23, 2014
This hospital was a very good environment for me to learn and sharpen my Respiratory Therapist skills. The exposure to the Respiratory field was of good quality.
Productive and Fun workplace
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 21, 2014
I loved the POB Lab where I worked. I believe it gave me the independence to prove myself as an efficient employee who was capable of running things on my own.
everyone knows everyone, you could always count on your co-workers
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2014
The best part of my job was the personal satisfaction that at the end of my day that I had done all I could for my patients and their families. The hardest part of my job was knowing when to back away.
Nice place to work
Nursery/ Perinatal- Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2014
Very community focused hospital, great place to work. A typical is day is similar to most hospitals, busy during the day and gets slower at night. The management overall is willing to work with employees. The building itself is very old and needs some major updates. All of my cowrokers are phenomenol and are excellent team players. You never feel alone.

1 2 3 4 5