St. Anthony Hospitals

St. Anthony Hospitals Employer Reviews

nice job atmosphere
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 26, 2014
normal housekeeping work.
learned customer service with new people.
management could have had more communication.
co-workers were good workers.
cleaning up blood.
working as a team.
Improving
Emergency Dept Registrar (Current Employee), St. Louis, MissouriMarch 22, 2014
Pros: usually friendly and helpful staff all throughout the emergency department.
Cons: management's lack of helpfulness, acurate communication, and positivity.
The whole hospital had a rough reputation but they are making vast improvements. The Emergency department went through a seriously incredible transformation. Unfortunately, my team is not one of the teams that was improved upon.
There really isn't an average day in ER. Things can change quite quickly and flexibility is a must. The most enjoyable part – more... of the job is meeting so many different people everyday. – less
Saints is a good place to work
Mental Health Technician Behavior Medicine (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 19, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: can't think of any
Saints is a good place to work. An employee will receive excellent training.
Gets pretty hectic-busy at times
DA (Former Employee), Los AngelesMarch 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, leaving early if you dont mind your check being short
Cons: no breaks, poor pay, 3 office locations
Dental Department- Every week you have to commute from different offices a typical day you finish early which is fine unless you really need your hours and the money. Hourly pay is sad
Wonderful Experience
Staff Nurse, RN (Current Employee), Crown Point, INMarch 10, 2014
Pros: co-workers, physicians
Cons: benefits
A typical nursing shift on the cardiac unit is started with meeting a co-worker at the patient's bedside for an introduction and report. The satisfaction received in caring for the patient's need is the most enjoyable part of nursing. There is great comfort in the reliability and accountability of the St. Anthony co-workers on any unit.
Just a place to start
dietary aid (Current Employee), chicago ilMarch 5, 2014
It's not the best but its not the worst. Its hard to move up in the hospital since they so strong on being bilingual. So it kind of stick you in one place.
Productive and caring
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 27, 2014
I have recently graduated and am a Registered Nurse. Currenlty I am working as a CNA, until I am able to find employment as a RN. As a CNA, a typical day for me is consisted of obtaining vitals, blood sugars, cleansing wounds, assisting with admission and discharge of patients, performing daily patient care and keeping the patients confortable during – more... their stay.
I have learned a lot working on a stroke/ telemetry unit and have previously worked on a cardiovascular unit. In addition I have voluntary shadowed a RN and have gone to several units in a hospital and have learned and aquired skills needed from other units too. I have learned to be calm in intense cardiac/ neurological situation, nursing assisant tasks, and managing my patients needs.
I enjoy working with my coworkers and am a team player, trustworthy, dependable, and enthusiastic about providing care.
I love to learn new things and ask when unsure about something. I enjoy providing care to various patients and helping them with their needs. – less
The one place you want taken when you get sick
Emergency Room phlebotomist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 27, 2014
lSt Anthony Hospital has a reputation for being one of the best hospital in Oklahoma city.The Emergency Room is a awesome place to work because of the manager and the whole team.Anyone would feel like a place they belong.l have been around the hospital environment for many years, but i have never experienced the joy to good to work as l did in this – more... hospital.The most amazing thing about this hospital is how the caregiver take care of the patients. – less
Great teaching hospital!
RN-ICU (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 25, 2014
I worked in a general ICU setting. I managed a lot of septic patients during my time there. I learned a lot about myself and how my morals directed my care of patients. My co-workers were supportive and helpful.
A great place to work.
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: friendly work enviroment
Cons: no lunch
Working @ a major hospital can be difficult but i enjoy being there helping the patients. At St. Anthony Hospital I had many close co-worker relationships. I was my boss's right hand man, managing 25 people. So many days, when patients arrive in the emergency department and surgery they might feel a bit of anxiet;y over what their X-ray might reveal – more... about their conditions. that's when i feel i can to my best job. I think laughter is the best medicine. That's the most enjoyable part of my job if I can distract them from their pain. – less
Great job
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2014
My long standing career shows this love for my job. We were a family and just had to move
Excellent place for an internship
COUNSELING INTERN (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 11, 2014
I worked in an inpatient mental health unit and the entire health care team was extremely professional and caring with patients and their families. I was provided with top-notch supervision and leadership and taught lessons I will use throughout my career. A wonderful experience!
SNAP/Nurse Assistant
Student Nurse Apprentice (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 4, 2014
I have had great nurses to work with on each shift! My boss is great and very personable!
Wonderful place to work
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 29, 2014
Wonderful co-workers, worked as a team.
Great staff
Very busy life oriented hospital
People from all walks of life
A plesant place to be a part of
Narcotic Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 25, 2014
I have learned so much from my time at St. Anthony's Hospital. There is a great deal of camaraderie between many of my co-workers and myself, and we enjoy working together. I enjoy the challenge that daily life in the hospital pharmacy setting brings, and working off others who thrive in this setting as well. I believe that while this particular pharmacy – more... has a great deal of potential, it has become stagnant in many areas. – less
Fun place to be
Volunteer Patient Ambassador (Current Employee), Michigan City, INJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: wouldn't hire me after being a volunteer for 5 years
Social Work Experience
Social Work Intern
St. Anthony Hospital Michigan City, IN
• Provided individual assessment, treatment and discharge planning, and case management, and
psychotherapy services to socio-culturally diverse adult population diagnosed with affective disorders
• Counseled families on end-of-life care
• Researched social service resources – more... in region and developed resource packet for hospital patients and
visitors
Related Experience
Volunteer Patient Ambassador
St. Anthony Hospital Michigan City, IN
• Provided patient advocacy by visiting with patients, assessing their needs, and reporting any needs to
the appropriate hospital personnel
• Provided patients with information about community resources and intervened on patients’ behalf as
needed
• Educated patients on self-care upon hospital discharge
Disabilities Advocate April 2009-June – less
Challenging and fun
Care Manager RN BSN (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 12, 2014
I really like identifying and solving problems whether it is finding an item in a medical record that may be over 1000 pages long, or assisting the billers with customer service issues.

I am not unhappy in my job, I am just looking to add different experience.
Great interaction with patients
Registrar (Former Employee), Chicago,ILJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: meeting new and different people every day
Register patients from all walks of life. My coworkers at the time were amazing.
Great company to work for
Staff Nurse/General Surgery/Medical Surgery (Former Employee), Saint Louis MOJanuary 8, 2014
Team spirit and management was fair. Enjoyed working for this employer
supervisers&management was uncaring.the hospital has no catholic values at all
Housekeeper (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 26, 2013
Pros: patients were nice
Cons: the insurance was strictly geared to only use st.anthony's hospital, pharmacy & urgent care.
Employees were over worked & underpaid. The former CEO was paid to much & bailed out in May when the hospital was in trouble for patient abuse. The hospital also fought employees over unemployment benefits & would take your final paycheck if you owed them anything.