St. Anthony Hospitals

St. Anthony Hospitals Employer Reviews

The co-workers , doctors, supervisors are great, but upper lrvel management is horrible. I was employed as a Cna for 14 yr, was terminated while sick.
Former Employee (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2014
Pros: good with asthma
Cons: quick turnover. now u see them and now u don't.
A great place to work, but don't get too comfortable they'll fire U in a heartbeat.
i like working with the supervisor and staff
Certified Health Unit Coordinator/Monitor Tech (Former Employee), Michigan City, INAugust 25, 2014
A typical day I worked on a cardiac step down unit. Patients were coming and going at all times. I had to make sure there monitors were on and working correctly. I reported information to doctors and nurses. I learned more about cardiac patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing patients getting back to normal activities.
manager is very professional.
Monitor Technician/Safety Sitter (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 25, 2014
Pros: 12 hour shifts, 3 shifts a week.
Cons: night shift.
Great place to work and was conveniently located. Provided a great foundation for learning. However, the employees were not very happy people.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 24, 2014
it was a great facility as a new nurse, great learning environment
Productive and fun workplace, wonderful coworkers
Registered Nurse - Acute Rehab (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 18, 2014
fun place to work, understaffed at times, wonderful coworkers, high patient to nurse ratio
Community Oirented Facility
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2014
Pros: take care of nurses well
Cons: staffing
Wonderful organization to work for. Friendly environment, amazing co-workers. Most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that I had a part in making someone else feel better.
fun and exciting
RN (Former Employee), chicago ILJuly 31, 2014
Pros: fast pace, exciting, new experiences
Cons: fast turn over
Working in the ED/ER

I have enjoyed being cross trained in the emergency department. My experience here can not emphasize how my experience and skills developed so rapidly. Everything in the ED is fast pace and you need to be ready for anything. Autonomy is much needed here and this is something I learned to master well. I learned how to use my time managements skills and learned how to prioritize my duties. I also learned to work, think, and delegate all at the same time in a timely manner. One thing that I learned from colleagues is to always remain calm and passive. I am thankful for this amazing opportunity.
Stress to the maximum. Only redeeming quality was the nice boss I had.
Wound Care Tech (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great manager/free lunches from vendors often.
Cons: empty promises.
I took this job thinking it was a secretarial position, suggested by my Dr.. As soon as I began I realized this was not a good fit considering the tasks that were required. Speaking w/my managers they agreed that I was a good worker, and that they would "transfer" me to another position. When the time came, there was no place to transfer me to and nobody to "help" me. I've been without work for over 3 months now. St. Anthony's killed my mother, so maybe the only way to get an income is to sue them for their neglect. Being without work is a scary thing.
Excellent Team Work
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Lakewood, COJuly 27, 2014
Pros: great team, beautiful facility, excellent resources and equipment
Cons: very poor pay
This is the best facility I have ever worked for, by far. The staff works as such an amazing team. The patients are cared for as though they were a family member to each team member assisting them. The management works together with the staff for the betterment of the facility, patient care, and staff satisfaction. Management is always available to work the floor if for some reason the staff is having trouble maintaining the patient load. This is the only facility where I have seen management change from a suit to scrubs to assist the staff on the floor.
Clinical Rotation
Clinical Rotation (Former Employee), Pendleton, ORJuly 23, 2014
This hospital was a very good environment for me to learn and sharpen my Respiratory Therapist skills. The exposure to the Respiratory field was of good quality.
Productive and Fun workplace
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 21, 2014
I loved the POB Lab where I worked. I believe it gave me the independence to prove myself as an efficient employee who was capable of running things on my own.
everyone knows everyone, you could always count on your co-workers
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2014
The best part of my job was the personal satisfaction that at the end of my day that I had done all I could for my patients and their families. The hardest part of my job was knowing when to back away.
Nice place to work
Nursery/ Perinatal- Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2014
Very community focused hospital, great place to work. A typical is day is similar to most hospitals, busy during the day and gets slower at night. The management overall is willing to work with employees. The building itself is very old and needs some major updates. All of my cowrokers are phenomenol and are excellent team players. You never feel alone.
St anthonys
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 4, 2014
It is a great place to live, they are updating their procedures all the time and they value what their employees on the floor say.
awesome
Externship (Former Employee), Gig Harbor, WAJune 25, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Awesome experience and co-workers. Great hospital and numerous experiences in all kinds of phlebotomy techniques.
A great place to work
Concierge (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 24, 2014
I have learned a lot working here. I meet people from all walks of life. I get to associate with nurses and doctors that truly care for the patients. The directors really care about the staff and involve them in decision making.
Great Hospital
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 22, 2014
Pros: great management staff
Cons: nothing
Working for St. Anthony's was a great experience. Great benefits, hours and hospital staff!
CNA's aren't treated very well. Underpaid and overworked.No benefits.
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee), Pendleton, ORJune 15, 2014
Pros: some staff are pretty fun.
Cons: horrible pay. no benefits. some nurses and dr's have god complex.
Meh. Ok if you are single and rent a studio apartment. CNA's were all treated as expendable. No wonder that the CNA turnover was about one per week.
Agreat place to work, family oriented, invested in the community
Clinical Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 10, 2014
Pros: growth, education, wonderful co-workers
Cons: available resources
Saint Anthony Hospital is invested to the community, the staff of the organization care to provide quality care to its patients, A great place to work
Productive and fun working place
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 4, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: short breaks
The friendly nursing staffs were eager to teach and I learned a lot from the Maternity and Mental health units.