St. Anthony Hospitals Employee Reviews

Okay place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 6, 2015
Okay place to work. Company is in trouble financially. Raises not given often. Understaffed. Some doctors are very good.
fair workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Michigan City, INMarch 31, 2015
The staff really cares for the patients and the hospital is a big part of the community. I feel patients where treated with compassion and staff really tried their best for every single patient.
learning new nursing
LPN (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: learning new nursing abilities
Learning new aspects as a nurse. I learned everyday. The coworkers were excellent and always stepped in to help as needed. Floating to other floors was exciting and educational.
Terrible place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Westminster, COFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free coffee on fridays
Cons: office politics rampant, terrible management
I worked at St. Anthony North for over two years in the pharmacy department and through that time we had 3 different pharmacy directors. This made the whole place job scared which made a lot of the employees start to plant knives in each other backs for fear of being fired.
Fast paced depending on the shift.
Registration (Former Employee), Chicago IL 19th and CaliforniaFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: overall operations
Many rude and unprofessional staff members in all departments who do not promote or uplift the St Anthony brand. A lot of political moves being made (under the table acts). People being hired due to friendships with VP's.
Nurses sleeping on overnight shift as well as ignoring patients. Terrible housekeeping and janitorial upkeep.
Cafeteria (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 11, 2015
When I worked at St. Anthony's, I would serve customers and make their food. I cleaned when needed, did dishes. The last months of working there I was a supervisor. I loved my co-workers and the management was pretty good too.
Flexible, Good Benefits,
Patient Resource Assistant (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: annual raises are low.
I have worked here since I was 16. I have transferred from within and worked in many departments. The flexibility of my schedule is great. Benefits are great. Tuition Reimbursement is a plus. If you have college bound kids, they can apply for a "Students of Employees" scholarship. Some area colleges also give "grants" or discounts to employees. I get tuition reimbursement and Lindenwood University also offers a grant/discount just for being an employee.
Good company to work for
secretary (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: nice workplace
Cons: some evenings required
St. Anthony is a great company to work for. Employees and managers were very nice, a typical work day was busy, and it was an enjoyable experience.
Busy most of the time with a little fun mixed in
Unit Secretary/ Emergency Room (Former Employee), Shawnee, OKJanuary 12, 2015
Hard busy work all for a good cause wonderful employees. Way to many mandatory meeting though.
production
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2015
• Displayed strong clinical skills in assessing vital signs, performing lab draws and glucose checks, and providing pre- and post-operative care.
• Adhered to safety guidelines; completed hospital’s three-hour Patient Safety Training Program.
• Ensured the accurate, timely flow of information by maintaining thorough patient records and updating healthcare team on patients’ status.
• Complied with HIPAA standards in all patient documentation and interactions.
work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: getting paid holiday and weekend pay
Cons: working holidays- hospitals never close
Pay was great on the weekend and holiday. Co-workers were great.
Certified Respiratory Therapist
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 29, 2014
My responsibilities at St. Anthony's Hospital were to administer breathing treatments in the form of nebulizer and HMIs. Also to educate patients in the use of this equipment for home use upon release from the hospital. I was also responsible for monitoring patients that were mechanically ventilated by CPAP, BiPap and ventilators.
The nursing staff was for the most part, excellent.
Float Pool RN (Former Employee), Lakewood, CODecember 21, 2014
Pros: very good cafeteria for night staff, generous night snd weekeng differentials.
Cons: managenent not willing to stand up for nurses.
I absolutely loved working at St. Anthony's. The people I worked with were only of the best caliber. Helpful, knowledgeable and friendly.

Were it not for a highly connected patient who went to her lawyer with the complaint that I yelled at he, I would still be working there. I actuality insisted, without raising my voice, that she listened to patient teaching on Lovenox prior to refusing the med. The nursing management preferred damage control to believing that I had not acted unprofessionally. Through this I learned I should document the conversation and the patients attitude rather than being so persistent.
St Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), OKDecember 20, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: long hours and short staff
Worked with pharmacist to complete orders for inpatient hospital
This place stinks!!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Okc okDecember 19, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: low pay and bad management
Very poor management they do not explain anything to you. You have to learn everything on your own. Lynetta phlebotomist supervisor is very rude and unprofessional I don't know how she got that position. good luck!
Fast pace, practicing patience, flexability and tolerance.
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee), Rockford, ILNovember 24, 2014
Pros: insurance, staff.
Cons: short staffed.
Hitting the hospital floors first thing in the morning determined to treat each and every patient with the greatest of care. Learned not to take things personal by staff and patients, multi task by priority and work hard not to become mechanical.. Don't always agree with management but do respect them. Co-workers relate and have to stick together to get the job done. Hardest part of job is trying to take care of everybody needs efficiently because ultimately everybody wants something at the same time. Most enjoyable would have to be the people I work with.
Epic Stork/ClinDoc
Epic Stork/ClinDoc Analyst (Current Employee), St Anthoy's Medical CenterNovember 22, 2014
• Participated /supported Epic Implementation at SAMC (Primarily epic stork/clindoc applications)
• Played a major role in the build & go-live of our OBIX Fetal Monitoring system & it’s integration to Epic
• Very efficient with Flowsheets, Navigators, Patient Summary reports, Workflow Engine rules, PAF columns, Patient Headers, BPAs Care Plans, Patient Education, Track Boards, SmartTools & SmartForms, Data Courier, etc.
• Extensive user role, template, sub-template, and profiles analysis and modification.
• Participated in a double upgrade from Epic 2010 to Epic 2014
• Very familiar with how Stork integrates with OpTime & Cadence
• Setup Epic outbound faxing for Perinatal ultrasound procedure documentation reports
• Lead a major workflow change with a Mom/Baby Single-Room Care Project
• Proficient in script writing for testing within Epic, including application, integrated, and smoke scripts
• Daily troubleshooting & resolution of incidents
• Composed tips sheets for clinicians
• Participate in on-call support & back-up for other applications including ASAP & Orders
More good people
Recreational Therapist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 19, 2014
A lot of good people here, the building and facilities are great!
Enjoyable, always stayed busy
Echo Technician (Former Employee), Crown Point, INOctober 31, 2014
Pros: got to meet incredible people
Working at both these two facilities was definitely enjoyable and quiet an experience for me. Coming to work was great. Learned a lot of pathology while performing Echocardiograms and Vascular studies.
Active workplace
Client Rep (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 27, 2014
Always a busy office especially aroung the end of month closing.