St. Anthony Hospitals Employee Reviews

A typical day at work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pond view and chandlerJune 4, 2017
It was a great place to work. Their work process was easy to understand and easy to follow. My duties are clearly outlines for me at the start of my shift.I identify my clients for the night, identify and outline their needs during my shift, accomplish everything i need to do for them during the night and follow the laid down process for documentation of work.
Great little community hospital
Surgical Services Clinical Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63128June 2, 2017
St. Anthony's strives to provide quality patient care on a low budget. However, this requires a lot of effort on the staff due to short staffing. I worked many hours and wore different hats due to the financial state of the hospital. They have now partnered with a large health system which I hope to see St. Anthony's benefit from.
Pros
The nurses are compassionate
Cons
I really enjouyed during my clincial roation here because I was able to learn my instruments really well.
Surgical Technologist extern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2017
A typical work day involved coming in and changing into PPE. Depending on where I was that particular day I would prepare a case cart, decontaminate instruments, inspect, assemble, or wrap instruments for sterilization. I really enjoyed this rotation because I got a chance to learn the trays and specialty instruments.
ok company to work for
benefits were not great
no room for advancement
Good environment
Member of the STEMI (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 15, 2017
A typical day at work should of been about 10 hours but due to poor management of staff and doctors there would be several add ons, delayed cases, etc so you'd usually spend an average of 12 hours a day at work. We tended to be short staffed a lot too so we would have to work more hours. We had a great team though that would all come together to get things done and help one another out.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 7, 2017
It was a good work place. with a chance to advance and get lots of overtime. They had plenty room for growth. Really was a clean place to work. You had the chance to advance.
co workers were great and I enjoyed my job, serving patients
Registrar (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 27, 2017
Turnover of Supervisors and Employees was frequent.I learned a lot about customer care.Most enjoyable part of my job was serving patients.The hardest part of my job was seeing patients in pain or very sick.
Challenging and stable place to work
PC/Lan Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 27, 2017
St. Anthony is a good place to work.

A typical day is nothing like you would plan it. Things change on the fly and I have to be adaptable at a moments notice.

Management has changed recently and there are good and bad points to the situation.

Workplace culture is good. St. Anthony comes from a catholic background so you can sense that.

The hardest part of the job is figuring out how to troubleshoot new software that no one has ever seen. But, that is also the most enjoyable because the sense of accomplishment did I feel and the look on the colleagues faces when the feel at ease is amazing.
Pros
Benefits, flexible
Cons
short staffed
Wonderful
Health Information Clerk/Coder (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILApril 26, 2017
Hands-down a wonderful place to work. Smaller organization and the CEO knows everyone by name. Just wonderful place to work.

All employees greet anyone whether an employee or patient with a smile and have the time to help anyone and everyone who walks through the door.
Pros
great leadership
Cons
not very many advancement opportunities
Great place
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 21, 2017
Great place to work. I was a student nurse, constantly received help and support. Staff is educated and friendly, people seem to be interested in helping each other and working as a team.
Loved working at this hospital
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 17, 2017
the environment was a wonderful, loved everyone worked with. Everyone was a team player, helped each other out no matter what. I never dreaded coming to work.
Nice hospital with all the updated/modern equipment.
Phlebotomist Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 14, 2017
Upper management is out of touch with employees. Over the last few years, the corporation only took benefits and perks away. Nothing added. More and more work, less employees, no raises, very stressful. Supplies and tools needed to perform job duties not available.
Pros
Great co-workers, good paid time off policy
Cons
No raises, upper management
Great hospital and boss here.
Critical Care Staff RN, CCU (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 13, 2017
I loved CCU here and learned so much in adult health. CNO very involved with nursing, the nuns are all so nice and visit every day. Physicians nice.
Pros
Pay, benefits, staff, managment
Cons
At times not enough nurses to take care of such sick patients
Great team and friendly working environment.
Low Voltage Technician (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 12, 2017
Facilities Management Department is well versed and skilled. Safety for patients and staff is a huge priority. We strive for Outstanding Customer Service and resolution to the pending issue at hand.
may be too long ago for me to review them
Acute Care RN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 10, 2017
I haven't worked for St Anthonys in over 15 years. they have since moved locations and demolished the old building that I worked in. I think it would be unfair for me to try to review them.
Good place to work if you like a fast paced environment
Clinical Engineering Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 30, 2017
My average day starts early with phone calls from other departments needing our help with any patient equipment from a thermometer all of the way to operating and x-ray equipment.

I learned more medical technology than I have ever thought of and how each department intertwines with the rest to keep a patient in the best care from the moment they walk in the door until they are released to go home.

The culture is patient oriented and is faith based for the care of the complete person not just the illness or injury.
Case Management
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 30, 2017
This position gave me an opportunity to care for my elderly parents, complete my master's degree and continue to work with patients and families. Was able to use clinical time for research project and apply what I was learning from Regis.
Pros
Balance
Cons
Leadership
Greatest place
Registrar 1 (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 28, 2017
I had an amazing time at this place. Learned so much at a fast paced rate. Friendliest people on earth. Management was the awesome. I really enjoyed this place.
working at St Anthony
Manager of Radiology Services (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, ORMarch 23, 2017
I enjoyed working at St. anthony hospital because of the people and the way they meade you feel like family while working. I also enjoyed the challenges there with staffing and building a new Hospital.
Pros
close staff
Consultant perspective.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 23, 2017
I served in the capacity of a consultant there for 10 months. The folks were friendly and accommodating. Since working there however, I have heard that they have been bought out by another healthcare system.