St. Anthony Hospitals Employee Reviews

fun friendly place to work
Reimbursement/Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 3, 2015
St. Anthony Hospital is a fun and friendly place to work. Your fellow employees are like family. The goal is to truly put the customers first.
Cons
high insurance
busy place
Floating Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 27, 2015
very strict nurses. Busy work place. Early or late schedules. Not for people with small kids. Have to work at a fast pace. Good doctors.
great learning experience
RN ICU (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2015
I learned tons here. They have great ICU programs and classes. This hospital gave great care to patients, but too much politics for me.
Poor staffing and unsafe nurse/patient ratio
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 22, 2015
The hospital was thriving and gave excellent care at times, and then management would change, creating many shortages of staff and supplies, which hindered patient care.
Pros
Good nursing staff and many excellent doctors.
Cons
Understaffed and managed poorly.
Good place to work.
Physician Lounge Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 20, 2015
SAMC was a great place to work while going to school. I did learn many different positions and it was a great opportunity. A lot of politics as the CEO changed hands. The growth and changes were amazing.
Enjoing my job at Endoscopy deartment.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2015
My job as a volunteer is to help patient to prepare for procedure at Endoscopy department. I love my job there because I get to talk with patients and help them to get ready for procedure. I work as a team with hospital employees and I learn something from them everyday. I love being at St. Anthony Hospital and I enjoin every minute spent there.
Great Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2015
exciting, fast paced work environment. variety of patients, supportive staff and management, copious hours of overtime.
Busy office setting great job
Dietetic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 8, 2015
Great workplace , got meet a lot of people. was able to progress with in the company. Very flexible and understanding when it came to my scheduling. enjoyed working there for 7 years
Productive workplace
Safety and Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 6, 2015
Performed Security for hospital patients and staff. Management and co-workers were productive with assigned jobs. Learned how to handle stressful situations.
Work closely with different departments & agencies.
Patient Financial Counselor & P.A Coord. (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2015
Apply for the medical card for those patients who exhausted their medicare benefits, no health coverage, or the health insur terminated benefits. Apply for the ABE application for out inpatient(s), the All-kids application for Newborns up until the age of 19yrs old, The MPE application for pregnancies, Moms & babies for both a parent(s) & child(ren), Add-on(s) for those who have an Active case and need to add a family member. re-determination & re-instatement application, Request a Back-date for the date of service, Gender, Date of birth, Name changes and IDPA Spend-down/Spit-bill #2432(s), See all walk-in, receive payments and issue receipts, general ledger is issued daily showing all payments taken for that day and is placed in the security vault.
Pros
Working with patients, staff and agencies.
Cons
Not enough time to do so much in one day.
Good company
Radiology Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 16, 2015
Reviewed patient medical records for accuracy and prepared records for release to authorized parties. Organized chart-holding facilities and assisted in training staff. Responsible for assisting all the imaging technologists, nurses, and radiologists with all daily activities of the department as needed as well as the development of image.
always a productive day
Unit Clerk-Labor and Delivery (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2015
Always like to keep busy. enjoyed working with my co worker, just a poorly managed place and would like to seek elsewhere.
Poor Senior Leadership
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 10, 2015
leading to low employee morale. SAMC tends to hire micro-managers who use scare tactics, fear and intimidation to press employees to do the job they would do without such tactics.
PBX- Operator - Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 6, 2015
Great place to work. Patients are everyone's first Priority. Loved my customer service interactions with clients. Dispatching emergencies was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Beautiful Hospital
Cons
Seeking day time hours- No so much sitting
productive
Patient Transportation (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 30, 2015
everyone was very nice my first day there and I really enjoy the overall hospital environment doctors and nurses are very nice
learned a great deal about overall operations
Director, Nursing Operations (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 24, 2015
responsible for all of nursing operations, patient placement and staffing. Learned a great deal about overall operations and emergency preparedness.
Pros
close to home
Cons
NA
Highly skilled staff
Radiology Tech II (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 15, 2015
I enjoy working here very much. My coworkers and patients make it fun and exciting to come to work every day. Management is out of touch with the needs of employees, and equipment is out of date and constantly in need of repair. Benefits have never been great, and are being cut back more and more.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Management, benefits leave much to be desired
Okay place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 6, 2015
Okay place to work. Company is in trouble financially. Raises not given often. Understaffed. Some doctors are very good.
fair workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INMarch 31, 2015
The staff really cares for the patients and the hospital is a big part of the community. I feel patients where treated with compassion and staff really tried their best for every single patient.
learning new nursing
LPN (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 24, 2015
Learning new aspects as a nurse. I learned everyday. The coworkers were excellent and always stepped in to help as needed. Floating to other floors was exciting and educational.
Pros
learning new nursing abilities