St. Anthony Hospitals

St. Anthony Hospitals Employer Reviews

Good place to work, Coworkers are great. Equipment is also very nice.
Radiologic Technologist/CT Technologist (Current Employee), Effingham, ILNovember 21, 2013
I learned alot at this job working the night shift being the only technologist on hand. Also i learned alot in high stress trauma situations. Great place to work for a new graduate.
The workplace is very productive
Mental Health Technician, Admission, Discharge (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2013
Pros: the benefits are good and professional staff
Cons: career advancement is limited
St Anthony is a very nice hospital to work for.The staff work together
as a team. The supervisors are supportive.
Great Hospital Experience, Good Learning Experience, Enjoy my co-workers
Certified Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 19, 2013
Pros: 7 on 7 off gives my lots of time off
Cons: midnights are very hard.
I have enjoyed working here for the past 7 years. I have learned alot from many people, I enjoy my co-workers and love knowing that I make a difference in patients lives.
Nice NEW clean AWESOME place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Gig Harbor, WANovember 13, 2013
Hospital is very nice. Management is great. Absolutely a great place to work.
Clinical Experience
Student Nurse (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 3, 2013
Facilitated patient care by accurate assessment, implementation and evaluation of individual outcomes. Implementation of individual interventions to reduce post-operative complications. Assumed other general duties of Registered Nurse.
Nice work environment. Great pay and benefits. Great people.
Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Effingham, ILNovember 3, 2013
I worked at home as a transcriptionist for St. Anthony's. I learned to adapt to new computer programs over the years and changing needs of the job. I had great co-workers. Hardest part of job was transcribing challenging physician dictation when the physician first came to the hospital. Most enjoyable part of job was the people.
Fun work place.
Radiology File Clerk (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 30, 2013
Anwsering the phones and directing them to the proper personnel.

Helping people with their statements.

Hardest part of working at the business office was when there were multi phone lines ringing at the same time.

I learned how to hang x-rays for the doctors to dictate the results.
need oppurtunity
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Hollywood, CAOctober 27, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: temp assignement
Helping Patients
How to work EMR
Great Management
Leaving at the End of the Day
Making patients Happy
Constant put downs, unappreciative Doctor and Manager
MA (former employee) (Current Employee), OkcOctober 20, 2013
Pros: nice work hours
Cons: hostility, rude staff
The manager I worked for was great until some information came about that was only a blessing to me but the manager showed immediate distrust and dislike. I was never properly trained but constantly negatively criticized and talked to in front of patients and other staff. I was expected to work as if I had been doing the job for 10 years or so. I had – more... no idea about most things and was told by management that I didn't try hard enough to learn! It was ridiculous. I hope to never had to work for St. Anthony again! It was constant stress and on me and the baby I come to find out I was carrying! – less
Good place to work-experience in many areas
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Lakewood, COOctober 14, 2013
St. Anthony Hospital is a great place to get expereince in a Level 1 hospital.
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 3, 2013
Okay place, management is not the best. They have recently painted hallways to make them more appealing. Love the patients.
RN
RN (Current Employee), Effingham, ILOctober 3, 2013
Pros: family like work group
Cons: too many to list
Still have a few awesome people to work with but many great employees have flown due to severely unstable work environment, punitive and disorganized management, unsafe work conditions. Last three or so years everything has changed negatively. Many things that could be done by management to make it better fall on deaf ears.
Cohesive Work Family
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 2, 2013
The staff in Cardinal Glennon at St. Anthony's is a very cohesive family, including the doctors, technicians and fellow nurses.
Educational, good place to work
Nurse Tech/Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: i had a 4.00 grade point avg. in h.s. train easily
Cons: get along with most people, will do good job
I learned a lot, as far as attention to detail, and multi-tasking as a nurse tech. Also having compassion for people in general, especially since they are ill and sometimes afraid. Also being cross trained as a unit secy., there was no room for error, very important orders for patients, but I caught on very quickly.
First experience
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: valuable experience
Cons: low pay, long hours, no time for breaks on occasion
This was my first respiratory job. I learned a lot about sickness and death at this job. It was a very good learning experience.
I enjoyed the work experience
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2013
I enjoyed the people I worked with. The worst part was working 12 hr nights but I only had to work 3 days a week. I learned about different tests and lab work that's popular for heart patients.
Stressful job with no appreciation.
Processor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: i'll get back to you on that.
Cons: management, shifts, stress, work load, no training, drama
I liked Saints. It was a great place to work. However, the laboratory department lacks leadership skills from managers and could use more moral for the employees. They don't care about you. They are not team players and are quick to judge. As a processor, you don't get any appreciation. Processors have one of the hardest jobs in the department. You – more... are constantly getting told what you did wrong and never praise for the right things. Work load is to much. It has a horrible turn over rate and no weekend coverage. They should also always have 2 people scheduled per shift on weekends, but don't. 1 person running a lab for 8 hours is just asking for trouble. Very stressful. – less
Very clean and happy environment
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: earned time off (vacation)
Cons: having to learn how to do ekgs on patients.
I worked in an environment where I knew what my duties were on a daily basis.

I was able to learn how to use a computer from a typewriter and I was able to learn many medical terms.

Management changed quite a bit during my time on the job, but I always got along with the person in charge.

My co-workers were wonderful to work with. We all taught each – more... other a little bit of each of our jobs.

The hardest part was sometimes not understanding the dictation.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being with all kinds of people and learning to get along. – less
Great experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 19, 2013
Pros: the regularity of hours.
Cons: poor management, non flexible hours
A typical day would be cleaning as many as forty hours in one shift. The hardest part of the job was dealing with all the different kinds of clean up, from bodily fluids to highly contractible diseases.
St. Anthony's Medical Center
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 29, 2013
Take Patient vitals signs every 2-4 hours. Assisted Nurses and Drs. with cleaning Dressings and wounds.