St. Anthony Hospitals Employee Reviews in United States

work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2015
Pay was great on the weekend and holiday. Co-workers were great.
Pros
getting paid holiday and weekend pay
Cons
working holidays- hospitals never close
Certified Respiratory Therapist
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 29, 2014
My responsibilities at St. Anthony's Hospital were to administer breathing treatments in the form of nebulizer and HMIs. Also to educate patients in the use of this equipment for home use upon release from the hospital. I was also responsible for monitoring patients that were mechanically ventilated by CPAP, BiPap and ventilators.
The nursing staff was for the most part, excellent.
Float Pool RN (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 21, 2014
I absolutely loved working at St. Anthony's. The people I worked with were only of the best caliber. Helpful, knowledgeable and friendly.

Were it not for a highly connected patient who went to her lawyer with the complaint that I yelled at he, I would still be working there. I actuality insisted, without raising my voice, that she listened to patient teaching on Lovenox prior to refusing the med. The nursing management preferred damage control to believing that I had not acted unprofessionally. Through this I learned I should document the conversation and the patients attitude rather than being so persistent.
Pros
very good cafeteria for night staff, generous night snd weekeng differentials.
Cons
managenent not willing to stand up for nurses.
St Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  OKDecember 20, 2014
Worked with pharmacist to complete orders for inpatient hospital
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
long hours and short staff
This place stinks!!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Okc okDecember 19, 2014
Very poor management they do not explain anything to you. You have to learn everything on your own. Lynetta phlebotomist supervisor is very rude and unprofessional I don't know how she got that position. good luck!
Pros
nothing
Cons
low pay and bad management
Fast pace, practicing patience, flexability and tolerance.
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 24, 2014
Hitting the hospital floors first thing in the morning determined to treat each and every patient with the greatest of care. Learned not to take things personal by staff and patients, multi task by priority and work hard not to become mechanical.. Don't always agree with management but do respect them. Co-workers relate and have to stick together to get the job done. Hardest part of job is trying to take care of everybody needs efficiently because ultimately everybody wants something at the same time. Most enjoyable would have to be the people I work with.
Pros
insurance, staff.
Cons
short staffed.
Epic Stork/ClinDoc
Epic Stork/ClinDoc Analyst (Current Employee) –  St Anthoy's Medical CenterNovember 22, 2014
• Participated /supported Epic Implementation at SAMC (Primarily epic stork/clindoc applications)
• Played a major role in the build & go-live of our OBIX Fetal Monitoring system & it’s integration to Epic
• Very efficient with Flowsheets, Navigators, Patient Summary reports, Workflow Engine rules, PAF columns, Patient Headers, BPAs Care Plans, Patient Education, Track Boards, SmartTools & SmartForms, Data Courier, etc.
• Extensive user role, template, sub-template, and profiles analysis and modification.
• Participated in a double upgrade from Epic 2010 to Epic 2014
• Very familiar with how Stork integrates with OpTime & Cadence
• Setup Epic outbound faxing for Perinatal ultrasound procedure documentation reports
• Lead a major workflow change with a Mom/Baby Single-Room Care Project
• Proficient in script writing for testing within Epic, including application, integrated, and smoke scripts
• Daily troubleshooting & resolution of incidents
• Composed tips sheets for clinicians
• Participate in on-call support & back-up for other applications including ASAP & Orders
More good people
Recreational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 19, 2014
A lot of good people here, the building and facilities are great!
Enjoyable, always stayed busy
Echo Technician (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INOctober 31, 2014
Working at both these two facilities was definitely enjoyable and quiet an experience for me. Coming to work was great. Learned a lot of pathology while performing Echocardiograms and Vascular studies.
Pros
got to meet incredible people
Active workplace
Client Rep (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 27, 2014
Always a busy office especially aroung the end of month closing.
Very nice working environment.
X-Ray/CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 6, 2014
A typical work day may be steady or very hectic depending on patient volume. Overall, my co-workers are great to work with and exhibit a phenomenal work ethic. We function well as a team, and I learn a lot of technical/diagnostic and patient care methods as a result. I consider the toughest part of the job to be the clerical responsibilites involved when very busy with patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of patients and their families.
nice place where you can move forward
cashier (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INSeptember 30, 2014
This hospital was a nice place where you could move on.if you like to study the hospital offer opportunities
great place to work.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 29, 2014
Great place to work. Loved working with the Rn's and docs. everyone in the department is a team player and we all work together to make the experience great for the patient.
Stable position, friendly helpful co-workers
Staff Nurse Med/Surg Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 22, 2014
Floating within the hospital provided variety in caring for many different types of patients. I gained more knowledge in caring for patients with strokes, TBI, cardiac, and rehab. Co-workers were great! They were the best part of this job. The hardest part of the job was being able to get everything done that one hoped to. Especially concerning patient/family education.
Pros
a massage therapist came during night shift and great co-workers
Productive with several dining occasions in hospital
H.I.M. Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I leave my job and knowing that I put forth my best effort in getting my job done, sometime the hardest part is in training trying to know everything which may put me a little behind. I work very well with my employees in every job I had. I learned that I have to manage my workload by its priority.
Pros
food day
Cons
sometimes you need to get away from your desk for a short break
this was my first job out of college. Enjoyable place to work.
PRN (Former Employee) –  St. LouisSeptember 10, 2014
The gym was large with updated equipment for that time. We saw a wide variety of patients. At that time patients would stay in the hospital for rehab.
Great environment where everyone (even the President) cares
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WASeptember 3, 2014
I worked in the Dietary department for just over 2.5 years and I loved it! The head Chef and my director were amazing to work with. Throughout my time there I went back to school and picked up a part-time job to gain experience in another field and they worked with me to accommodate my schedule.
Overall my co-workers and supervisors were all really supportive and really fostered a servant leadership culture.
As long as you do your part they will do theirs to compensate you and give you great benefits and support.
Lots of opportunity to move around in the company which spans across the country.
Pros
great benefits, competetive pay, lots of "team spirit" in departments and between other departments
Cons
small hospital, not very diverse, its religiously affiliated (which for me is a very small con, i just am not religious)
The co-workers , doctors, supervisors are great, but upper lrvel management is horrible. I was employed as a Cna for 14 yr, was terminated while sick.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2014
A great place to work, but don't get too comfortable they'll fire U in a heartbeat.
Pros
good with asthma
Cons
quick turnover. now u see them and now u don't.
i like working with the supervisor and staff
Certified Health Unit Coordinator/Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INAugust 25, 2014
A typical day I worked on a cardiac step down unit. Patients were coming and going at all times. I had to make sure there monitors were on and working correctly. I reported information to doctors and nurses. I learned more about cardiac patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing patients getting back to normal activities.
manager is very professional.
Monitor Technician/Safety Sitter (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 25, 2014
Great place to work and was conveniently located. Provided a great foundation for learning. However, the employees were not very happy people.
Pros
12 hour shifts, 3 shifts a week.
Cons
night shift.