St. Anthony Hospitals Employee Reviews

Stressfull work environment
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 17, 2016
Poor and inadequate Management in the Mental Health Area. Very little Support in doing your job. Little Training to do ones job. Little appreciation shown to staff. Critical Administrative Staff.
Pros
Schedule sometimes, Friendly Staff
Cons
Little or no breaks, poor management, would not listen to staff concerns.
This was my favorite place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 16, 2016
St. Anthony is one of the most amazing places to work. From the co workers to ceo. Wish I didnt have to leave them. I worked chemotherapy dept an residency clinic
Productive work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, ORSeptember 22, 2016
I work for orthopedic doctor he is amazing to work for. He has taughted me so much about orthopedics that sometimes i can have the patient diagnosed before they are even seen by the provider.
Pros
Great people to work with, job is not extremely hard just takes work in to it
Cons
short breaks, short staffed, benefits
Enjoyable place to work
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 25, 2016
Great management and coworkers. Lots of teamwork. Friendly staff all around. Great environment to learn. Excellent place for a new grad to be.
Great Learning experience
Telemetry Floor RN (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 1, 2016
I started at St. Anthony right out of nursing school. I was able to have a great preceptor and was able to learn a lot. I am very thankful for the experience I was able to receive.
Nice place to work
Supervisor for ultrasound (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 17, 2016
Great equipment with full IT support. The lab is very up to date and clean. I would recommend this site as a staff sonographer. The radiologist are very easy to please and allow the sonographer to work autonomously.
Pros
Facility is modern with great equipment
Fun environment
Computed Tomography Technologist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 15, 2016
I loved working at the YMCA. There was never a dull moment or confrontation of any kind. Everyone is very laid back and accepting.
Productive and a good place to work at
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 22, 2016
Most typical day is when one of my patient got to acting out because he didn't want to be at the hospital and not having the support from his family. And being a staff was able to assure him that he will get the best care and we will make sure that he will have the best care and he was very happy with that. being able to manage and balance and maintain a good work ethic to perform the job to hospital policy and being a great team player and enjoy working with my peers and keeping it a safe and productive place to work in.
Pros
Award for the employee of the month for being a good employee
Cons
Working short handed. but still able to get the job done
some RN take advantage
LPN/PCT (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLJune 16, 2016
I was hired as a PCT not and LPN, but once some RN find out you are a LPN they want you to do more. Some RN's do not do thier share of the work load and sometimes you are split between more than 1 RN for your assignment so they both want you at the same time.
Pros
Some great RN's and want to teach
Cons
Some lazy RN's want you to do all the work
Very busy area to work. Long 12 hour shifts
Health Unit Coordinator, I (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAJune 9, 2016
The experience gave me lots of skills and advantages of working in the medical field.
the typical day at work was a 12 hour shift with a constant flow of work in patients charts, assistance with information and helping the nursing staff. Care and greeting of patients' family members and phone use.
Pros
benifits were good
Cons
No support for the sercretarial staff
Great coworkers on and away from work.
Radiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 27, 2016
Fast paced hospital with lots of great experience for a student.I went to radiology school there and learned a lot, not only from my coworkers and other students, but also from my teachers. My time at this facility taught me how to use different techniquesto use in difficult situations with difficult patients and surroundings. I really relish the knowledge I gained from many of the experiences there.
Pros
Awesome work enviroment
Cons
Inconsistent management
Clinical Nurse Manager at St. Anthony in Lakewood, Colorado
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 9, 2016
very busy
I learned to organize and proritize
visible management
manager peers were great to work with
hardest part was turnover
creating relationships with other managers was one of the great parts of working at SAH
worked in intensive care unit
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INApril 30, 2016
Worked 12 hour shifts caring for the critically ill. Working at that level of intensity, it was always satisfying when a patient became more and more stable and was transferred to a medical floor. ICU is an incredibly close unit for workers; team work is essential.
Pros
job security
Cons
intensly stressful situations
Performed XR exams
Per-Diem Student Rad. Technologist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 20, 2016
As a student tech, I was not really in-tuned with the management of the procedures of this hospital. I was in school at the time and did not work enouphe hours to comment on this hospital and the department.
Pros
good learning environment
Cons
management poor communicators
Great company
MEDICAL ASSISTANT SENIOR CLINIC (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COApril 5, 2016
My company is actually a great company to work for. I just had a 28 wk old son and I am looking for a job to work from home so my son doesn't have to go to daycare.
very great enviroment to work with great staff
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 3, 2016
I love working there working with other hard working motivated people. everyday was something new there which was exciting
Pros
free lumch
Cons
short breaks
intern
Intern/volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 24, 2016
I loved being able to sit in on surgeries and meet different types of people from all over the country who come to this amazing hospital to recieve their outstanding care and treatment. I learned a great deal about healthcare and patient care
Worked for St Anthony for 20 years
RN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 23, 2016
I started at San Anthony North as CNA, LPN, and RN. After I passed my boards I was placed in the float pool. First time for new grads. Floated to Medical, Ortho, and Surgical/Oncology. Then transferred down to Central. Work in the Oncology Unit for 3 years. Closed the Oncology unit and moved it to the Medical floor. Oncology was then moved to the Trauma/Surgical unit. Was Team Lead for 4 years and was ask to Managed the floor when the manager was out for maternity leave. She came back and let her go. I was offered the position but need to get my Bachelor degree. So work full-time and went to school full-time. Love the experience but missed my patient care. I went to Interventional Radiology for the next 3 years. Love this position. Learned so much on that job. Coiled aneurisms, drains place, fistulas, trauma 10 patients to look for bleed. Hardest part was the on call hours with us being short most of the time with RN help. Most enjoyable was the co-workers. Great doctors.
Pros
Enjoyed starting my career with a great group of co-workers. Love Oncology patients.
Cons
Hard to work with one of the CEO while in managment.
Hands-On Experience
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 10, 2016
The experience was extremely hands-on. Physicians were eager to teach both theoretically and on real patients. Questions were highly encouraged and physicians in all 15 departments I rotated through were just as excited to teach as I was to learn, I only wish I had had more time with them.
Would not reccommend this company.
Patient Hospitality Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2016
Some of the staff in other departments are more caring and concerned that my fellow co-workers and supervisor of EVS. Need more teamwork. Togetherness within the Environmental Services Department. Needs new management.
Cons
No teamwork, coworkers always complaining about working.