St. Anthony Hospitals

St. Anthony Hospitals Employer Reviews

Productive and caring
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 27, 2014
I have recently graduated and am a Registered Nurse. Currenlty I am working as a CNA, until I am able to find employment as a RN. As a CNA, a typical day for me is consisted of obtaining vitals, blood sugars, cleansing wounds, assisting with admission and discharge of patients, performing daily patient care and keeping the patients confortable during their stay.
I have learned a lot working on a stroke/ telemetry unit and have previously worked on a cardiovascular unit. In addition I have voluntary shadowed a RN and have gone to several units in a hospital and have learned and aquired skills needed from other units too. I have learned to be calm in intense cardiac/ neurological situation, nursing assisant tasks, and managing my patients needs.
I enjoy working with my coworkers and am a team player, trustworthy, dependable, and enthusiastic about providing care.
I love to learn new things and ask when unsure about something. I enjoy providing care to various patients and helping them with their needs.
The one place you want taken when you get sick
Emergency Room phlebotomist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 27, 2014
lSt Anthony Hospital has a reputation for being one of the best hospital in Oklahoma city.The Emergency Room is a awesome place to work because of the manager and the whole team.Anyone would feel like a place they belong.l have been around the hospital environment for many years, but i have never experienced the joy to good to work as l did in this hospital.The most amazing thing about this hospital is how the caregiver take care of the patients.
Great teaching hospital!
RN-ICU (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 25, 2014
I worked in a general ICU setting. I managed a lot of septic patients during my time there. I learned a lot about myself and how my morals directed my care of patients. My co-workers were supportive and helpful.
A great place to work.
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: friendly work enviroment
Cons: no lunch
Working @ a major hospital can be difficult but i enjoy being there helping the patients. At St. Anthony Hospital I had many close co-worker relationships. I was my boss's right hand man, managing 25 people. So many days, when patients arrive in the emergency department and surgery they might feel a bit of anxiet;y over what their X-ray might reveal about their conditions. that's when i feel i can to my best job. I think laughter is the best medicine. That's the most enjoyable part of my job if I can distract them from their pain.
Great job
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 17, 2014
My long standing career shows this love for my job. We were a family and just had to move
Excellent place for an internship
COUNSELING INTERN (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 11, 2014
I worked in an inpatient mental health unit and the entire health care team was extremely professional and caring with patients and their families. I was provided with top-notch supervision and leadership and taught lessons I will use throughout my career. A wonderful experience!
SNAP/Nurse Assistant
Student Nurse Apprentice (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 4, 2014
I have had great nurses to work with on each shift! My boss is great and very personable!
Wonderful place to work
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 29, 2014
Wonderful co-workers, worked as a team.
Great staff
Very busy life oriented hospital
People from all walks of life
A plesant place to be a part of
Narcotic Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 25, 2014
I have learned so much from my time at St. Anthony's Hospital. There is a great deal of camaraderie between many of my co-workers and myself, and we enjoy working together. I enjoy the challenge that daily life in the hospital pharmacy setting brings, and working off others who thrive in this setting as well. I believe that while this particular pharmacy has a great deal of potential, it has become stagnant in many areas.
Fun place to be
Volunteer Patient Ambassador (Current Employee), Michigan City, INJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: wouldn't hire me after being a volunteer for 5 years
Social Work Experience
Social Work Intern
St. Anthony Hospital Michigan City, IN
• Provided individual assessment, treatment and discharge planning, and case management, and
psychotherapy services to socio-culturally diverse adult population diagnosed with affective disorders
• Counseled families on end-of-life care
• Researched social service resources in region and developed resource packet for hospital patients and
visitors
Related Experience
Volunteer Patient Ambassador
St. Anthony Hospital Michigan City, IN
• Provided patient advocacy by visiting with patients, assessing their needs, and reporting any needs to
the appropriate hospital personnel
• Provided patients with information about community resources and intervened on patients’ behalf as
needed
• Educated patients on self-care upon hospital discharge
Disabilities Advocate April 2009-June
Challenging and fun
Care Manager RN BSN (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 12, 2014
I really like identifying and solving problems whether it is finding an item in a medical record that may be over 1000 pages long, or assisting the billers with customer service issues.

I am not unhappy in my job, I am just looking to add different experience.
Great interaction with patients
Registrar (Former Employee), Chicago,ILJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: meeting new and different people every day
Register patients from all walks of life. My coworkers at the time were amazing.
Great company to work for
Staff Nurse/General Surgery/Medical Surgery (Former Employee), Saint Louis MOJanuary 8, 2014
Team spirit and management was fair. Enjoyed working for this employer
supervisers&management was uncaring.the hospital has no catholic values at all
Housekeeper (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 26, 2013
Pros: patients were nice
Cons: the insurance was strictly geared to only use st.anthony's hospital, pharmacy & urgent care.
Employees were over worked & underpaid. The former CEO was paid to much & bailed out in May when the hospital was in trouble for patient abuse. The hospital also fought employees over unemployment benefits & would take your final paycheck if you owed them anything.
Benefits
Sterilization Specialty Technician (Current Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 15, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
St. Anthony's offers really nice benefits to the employees that work here.
TOO much work and high turn over
Room Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 13, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: staff wages
order grocery work a shift which one today
management not very understanding too much time away from family
Great family atmosphere
Hyperbaric Safety Director (HSD) (Current Employee), Westminster, CoDecember 12, 2013
Pros: great recources
Cons: no break room
Great interaction with peers and patients.
Front desk staff is always pleasant in the mornings and greet
everyone with a smile and great coffee.
I begin my first patients at 800am and are always fun to work with.
I then see 6 to 7 more patients through out the day.
Good place to work, Coworkers are great. Equipment is also very nice.
Radiologic Technologist/CT Technologist (Current Employee), Effingham, ILNovember 21, 2013
I learned alot at this job working the night shift being the only technologist on hand. Also i learned alot in high stress trauma situations. Great place to work for a new graduate.
The workplace is very productive
Mental Health Technician, Admission, Discharge (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2013
Pros: the benefits are good and professional staff
Cons: career advancement is limited
St Anthony is a very nice hospital to work for.The staff work together
as a team. The supervisors are supportive.
Great Hospital Experience, Good Learning Experience, Enjoy my co-workers
Certified Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 19, 2013
Pros: 7 on 7 off gives my lots of time off
Cons: midnights are very hard.
I have enjoyed working here for the past 7 years. I have learned alot from many people, I enjoy my co-workers and love knowing that I make a difference in patients lives.