St. Augustine High School Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Love teaching & coaching; enjoy the PE department a lot
Teacher/Coach (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLAugust 1, 2015
Start my day with a planning period, followed by 3 morning classes, lunch, and 3 afternoon classes. Teach HOPE, Team Sports, and Women's Fitness.
Pros
I get to teach about fitness and nutrition.
Cons
Longer time to really get to know all the kids due to class size, 35-50 in each class.
Health Services Coordinator
Health Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 7, 2014
I have been at St. Augustine High School for 10 years. During my first year, I developed a Sports Medicine class and program and implemented that during my second year. This year, I also started teaching an Anatomy/Physiology course. All the while, being the sole athletic trainer for 15 varsity sports. Saints has a stellar athletic program including many CIF and 3 state titles.

Saints is a Catholic boys school with predominately male work enviroment and all male administration. It is run by the Augustianian Order, with a monastery on campus and a campus ministry program ran by 2 priest. We attend mass weekly as a community and say prayer daily in class.

The hardest part of the job was during the beginning of the school year with the collection and review of the paperwork for 700+ students, 2 new classes and football season with 3 teams. It was definitely my busiest time of the school year.

Teaching has been the most enjoyable part of my job. I love inspiring my students as well as being inspired by them. One of my first students has followed in my footsteps and now is also a Certified Athletic Trainer and I also have another in med school. It has been such an honor to guide this young men into a good career path.

The staff at Saints is great, always supportive of each other and of all the students. Our students are very talented and we always have a good showing of faculty and staff at events such as plays, band performances, and of course athletics.
Pros
loving catholic environment
fun workplace with good teahcers
School (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLFebruary 7, 2014
I like it. There's fantastic teachers and great students. There are amazing programs and awesome opportunities. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. The hardest part is the work. The most enjoyable part is lunch. I've learned how to be prepared for college. I've learned how to deal with multiple social situations. I've learned a great deal I couldn't learn anywhere else or any other place. School is good but, St. Augustine High School is great
Pros
good classes, good teachers
Cons
gross lunch, overly packed
high school teens....never a dull moment! loved it.
supervisor, Frank Holliman (Former Employee) –  St. Johns County, floridaJune 20, 2012
working with high school teens who are duel diagnosed and on medications; not that easy but a heck of a lot of fun.
Pros
working with teens
Cons
working with teens.... : )
Great School
Teacher (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 14, 2013
One of the best school in the Nation. Teaching was a pleasure even though it was not for me it was a pleasure to make a impact on young mens lives

4.5