St. Bernard Hospital

St. Bernard Hospital Employer Reviews

Fast moving workplace
Utilization Review Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2013
Pros: good team to work with, good medical/dental plan, convenient parking
Cons: low range salary, no room to grow, extensive commute
My current job is very challenging in the evolving American healthcare environment. The fast changing pace is exciting and creates an atmosphere of learning.
A typical day involves the skill of – more... prioritization; my Director is relatively new and is revamping the department. She has implemented many new processes which help other staff understand more about quality and coordination of care, this makes my job easier.
My co-workers are not typical eat your own nurses and Social workers. We help each other and use each other as catalysts for learning.
The hardest part of the job is getting the Physicians on board with the changes in healthcare. It can be frustrating getting them to understand how healthcare reimbursement operates in the new healthcare climate. The other issue I have is the need for advancement and growth, which I don‘t see being offered.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am an advocate for my patient and helping my employer remain viable in the healthcare marketplace. – less
Family orientated and a very good starte job for someone
Ward Clerk (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 15, 2013
My typical day @ work is very busy answering phones you must be very alert ready for anything to jump off i work in the emergencyroom and it can be busy one day and educational the next.but my job always gave me more responsibilities.
good
Food and Sanitation Worker (Former Employee), chicagoAugust 26, 2013
it was a good place to work. the ppl are nice and friendly for the most part. theres some bad things with any job. but the ppl you would work with are great.
a typical day at work
Nurse's Aide (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2013
my typical day at work is assisting patients with activities of daily living
Fast paced and productive work place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2013
I loved seeing the patients everyday. The always brightened up my day. Sometimes when I would work a lot of overtime. We would start joking around and they would share personal stories with me. Even though i enjoyed spending time with them, our relationship never affected my work
Highly productive and educational
Staff Registered Nurse for telemetry unit (Current Employee), Chicago, il.June 20, 2013
The most enjoyable part of being a Registered Nurse is the patients. More than not, patients are primarily skeptical relying on another for care. Once I have gained a patient's trust I feel fulfilled. I know I have done my job. My patients feel safe in my care. That is most enjoyable.
Small hospital but very busy.
Student Diagnostic Radiological Technologist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 12, 2013
Great Hospital, the atmosphere is good. the workload isn't bad, you get to see almost everything like you would a trauma 1 hospital. I was a student so i wasn't there everyday but for the most part a great place to work.
team work amongst the staff is great!
Registered Nurse on telemetry/step down unit (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 10, 2013
Pros: flexability
Cons: salary
A typical day is coming in to receive five patients at least one that is on contact isolation. most of the lab work drawn, patient prepared for surgery and no complaints.
Clinicals rotation for med-surg
STUDENT NURSE (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 6, 2013
Had med-surg clinicals here. Most of the nurses were very helpful and understanding. Learned a lot of valuable information.
working for St.Bernard
Central Service Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2013
working at St.Bernard was the greatest part of my life. I learned a lot of new things,having over 100 new friends.A typical day in central service was making sure the equipment was clean and working. Making sure the instruments was clean and working propertly, and always giving the best customer service attitude. The hardest part of the job is when – more... surgrey kick in the third gear and we get over whelm with instruments. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with others. – less
Fun Place to work
Contractor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2012
Pros: cool people
Cons: they under pay
I love working there for the convenience of traveling but the stability is missing.
Great group of security co-worker makes the job enjoyable.
Security Charge Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2012
Pros: health/dental care!
Cons: short unpaid lunch and no workout area.
The day starts off in the emergency room (ER), fast pace area, dealing with different personalities, attitudes and situations. You learn to adjust to any situation everyday, the hardest part of the day is tussling with mental and unruly patients and sometimes visitors. The most enjoyable part of the day is working with my security co-workers.
Great Learning Experience
Security Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2012
Pros: the experience of meeting different people.
Cons: poor scheduling
My day starts off with post assignments but everyone rotates posts for the sake of staying fresh. I've learned how to operate a more current surveillance system than what i was used to. My superiors have a good open door policy. I enjoy working with the group of guys on my shift because we all work good as a team. The hardest part of my job is becoming – more... confrontational or physical with pysch and intoxicated patients. The thing i most enjoy about my job is helping people have a good experience at the hospital. – less
Good steady work
Cardiovascular Sonographer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2012
Pros: co-workers are nice.
Cons: on call is rough
A reliable place to work. The job keeps you busy. Co-workers are easy to get along with.
Fast paced upbeat place to work
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2012
Pros: discounted lunches
Cons: they only take cna's
Did my externship here. Loved the staff and the patients are always welcoming
challenging
Food & Nutrition Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2012
Pros: fast pace meet all kind of people learn new skills
Cons: time consuming
Working here was very exciting and challenging learning new skills daily learning to be verstile and quick.
have a productive work day
Ward Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 11, 2012
go to work, get ready for the doctors to come thru to see there patients and to do complete the orders that they wrote for the patients
I would like to be given a fair opportunity to work there.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 22, 2012
Pros: conveniently located.
Cons: the medical staff were conscientious workers.
Previously, the administrative management staff conspired to sabatoge my employment as they saw fit. Hopeful, this has changed.

About St. Bernard Hospital

St. Bernard Hospital has been a continuously growing entity within Chicago's Englewood neighborhood since its very first brick – Read more