St. Bonaventure University Employee Reviews

Fulfilling career in athletics with an administrative balance
Ticket Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYOctober 18, 2017
A typical day at work at the St. Bonaventure University Ticket Office was fairly balanced, unless there was a short deadline to be reached. But, I feel work was not inhibited, as I work well under pressure.

In the off season, which is usually April until October, it is a typical administrative office setting. I would work on daily accounting transactions while managing a relationship with outside vendors and work on things related to the upcoming season while closing out the prior season.
During the season, the days become a bit more hectic as all the administrative duties are present, as well as preparing for and working on game days.

I learned a lot about graphic design (self-taught), as I created the graphics for the season tickets and for the single game tickets stock, working closely with the ticket printing companies. I also learned how to work more extensively in Microsoft Excel, to which I already had a basic working knowledge.

There is a great deal of autonomy at St. Bonaventure, which works very well, since I am a self motivated individual. There is very little micro-managing, instead it's a collective team effort with senior staff members.

The hardest part of the job is having to leave my children when traveling for any post-season play that is out of town.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the amount of balance the position had between creativity and administrative/accounting duties - an employee in that position, in my opinion could never get bored. Another perk is watching NCAA basketball for free. GO BONNIES!
Pros
Great benefits; Work with students and athletes;
Cons
University wide hiring freeze
good place
Security Dispatcher and Guard (Current Employee) –  Allegany, NYAugust 9, 2017
If you enjoy working at a College with a Family style relationships its a good one to work for with many opportunities in many different areas around the campus.
Pros
work relationships
Cons
cold in winter
Go bonas
Clinical Health Psychology Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Bonaventure, NYMay 1, 2017
Bonas is the most wonderful place in the entire world and anything related to bonas is wonderful. All research I have ever done here has all been extremely vital in my professional development.
Good place
Security Dispatcher/ Officer (NYS Licensed) (Current Employee) –  St. Bonaventure, NYJanuary 17, 2017
Its a quality place to work, for a family person that has or will have children attending the University. Good amout of PTO and the medical is awesome.
It was a nice place
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYSeptember 1, 2016
I know as a house keeper as Aramark calls it they are contracted with St, Bonnaventure it can be challenging sometimes but it is work. The professors are nice the people I worked with are nice.
Gaining experience
Safety and Security Officer (Current Employee) –  St. Bonaventure, NYJune 7, 2016
Compensation is poor. The assistant director makes the position difficult keeping things from the Director. Not enough hours.
N/a
GA Activities (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYApril 21, 2016
• Leadership and management of Intramural staff and game officials.
• Event coordination, punctuality, & time management skills.
• Innovative marketing creativity in advertising university events.
• Club Sports’ & University Events’ Chaperone and Advisor.
• Excellent communication
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  St. Bonaventure, NYApril 3, 2016
This has been a positive work experience. I enjoy working with this particular population. Supervisor has been very supportive and helpful.
Pros
Friendly, supportive
Cons
Part time
Good Place to work at. Friendly and professional.
ENG 101 (Former Employee) –  Plasman HallOctober 20, 2015
Olean is a small town, but it's in NY state. SBU is a very welcoming/embracing community. Career advancement is limited, however.
Productive environment with Individual work offices for employees
Admissions Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Bonaventure, NYApril 15, 2015
Managed Duplicate data and generated reports for the board of directors. Managed and recorded inventory for the admissions department. Prepared list for e-blast mailing and advertisements.
Pros
Own Office
Cons
No Parking
Great place to work and gain experience
Communications Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Bonaventure, NYJuly 29, 2014
Supervisors allow employees freedom and room to do great things.
St. Bonaventure University
Carpenter's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allegany, NYMarch 24, 2014
St. Bonaventure University is an excellent place to pursue a college education. It is a small university where students are able to have face to face relationships with their professors. Furthermore, the fairly low number of students allows for a more personal experience in the classroom and around campus.
i would not work for this university again
House keeping/general maintenance (Former Employee) –  St. Bonaventure, NYJune 9, 2013
the staff and management who were in charge of housekeeping were always wonderful to work with and i even miss them as many became good friends. hours/work was steady and my job was secure. housekeeping was managed by a 3rd party company Aramark who did their best to make us feel our work was appreciated. i left due to the the way the university treated its hourly workers and the promise to increase wages substantially at the beginning of the next school year to put a stop to a strike and then failing to follow through with those promises.
Pros
workers/management staff were fun and wonderful people to work with.
Cons
university management left much to be desired.
Great place to work while I pursued my MBA
Men's Soccer Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYMay 20, 2013
Overall it was a great experience to work with various student-athletes. It was a good way to be able achieve my MBA and gain business experience. I had to provide support to the student athletes to help them achieve an Atlantic 10 championship.
Pros
Tutition Assistance
Cons
Long Trips
THE Franciscan University
Director of Social Ministries (Former Employee) –  St. Bonaventure, NYApril 11, 2013
SBU is a great University, next to the rural city of Olean, NY.
Pros
sbu, the southern tier
Cons
a little isolating (the bona bubble)
Great place to work!
Student Tech (Former Employee) –  St. Bonaventure, NYJune 25, 2012
As a student, Bonaventure offers a great service to grow your knowledge of personal computers. The Technology Services team is an awesome place to work!
Cons
you have to qualify for federal work/study
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Bonaventure, NYMay 30, 2012
Great place to work and get an education at. A lot of fun things to do in and arround campus. The people are great, the area is fun, and there is always something to do. What more could you ask for?
Pros
tuition discount
Cons
short winter