St. Camillus Employee Reviews

the moral is very loving and touching. a very happy place to work and learn new things
residential aide/ CNA (Former Employee) –  10100 w. wisconsin Ave.May 5, 2016
I enjoyed spending one on one time with the patients and listening to their life stories or whatever it was that they wanted to talk about or sing about. hard part was when we had to work short staffed but that was very rare.
Pros
room for advancement to grow throughout the company
Cons
pto(paid time off ) and attendance policy
disappointing
clinical student (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 30, 2016
this place was not the best, i saw how people mistreat the elderly and i worked hard to see that all residents are not abused. this takes away from my education and was disappointed in st camillius
Good Work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WINovember 18, 2015
My Experiment at St. Camillus was overboard at first but I started to like it and I learned that you should always work as teammates. The Management were very kind of racist but also favoritism with other co-workers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Breaks
Everything was Great
Waiter (Former Employee) –  bluemound, wisconsinOctober 22, 2015
Working area was clean and sanitary to health inspection. Management team was great to work and organize work for worker.
Pros
Part time
Cons
short breaks
St . Camillus
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIOctober 9, 2015
Very large organization . I liked this job because it was very demanding . The staff I had was not that skilled I really enjoyed training the staff .
Pros
Huge Kitchen
Cons
Unskilled staff
Home Care RN Case Manager
Homecare RN (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 11, 2015
Case manager for 6-7 clients daily with rotating on-call. Provide full assessments at every visit, perform nursing tasks and MD orders as required. Manage visits by prioritizing client needs. Assess family dynamics for supports. Assess needs for any DME, SW, OT, PT.
Obtain necessary MD orders and medications as needed.
Document in Oasis system . Daily correction to charted Oasis for accurate billing.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new clients, assessing their needs,providing care for them.The most difficult part of the job was the endless charting in the oasis system.
Pros
Meeting and caring for clients
Cons
Endless oasis charting
Great place to work.
Stocker/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIApril 2, 2015
A great place to work as a server for high school students or just as a second or part-time job to make ends meet. Overall a great place of welcome.
fun place to be
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIFebruary 18, 2015
absolutely loved working at st cams campus. spirituality was a highlight. the management and coworkers were all wonderful, cheerful people
Pros
cafe on first floor
Cons
cafe hours
I love working with the elderly
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 19, 2015
Meeting new residents each day is a beautiful experience. A typical day at work is learning new things about my residents. I learned that work with elderly you experience different mood swings and personalities and that you have to be willing to deal with it and I love it
productive workplace
Resident Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 30, 2014
enjoying the resident and learning new charting system that they use. working with different departments and employee's. becoming a mentor trainer.
Pros
mentor trainer program
Fun work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 31, 2014
A typical day at work would be to go in at work at 4 PM and sit up water on tables. You get to work at a section and take tables. It was a retirement home so most of the elderly were either angry or nice. It was my first job so I learned a lot about customer service and helping others. The management was good. They knew what to do and they trained me properly unlike the other jobs I have worked for. My co-workers were awesome. They were friendly and always willing to help. The hardest part of the job would be to carry all the food out to a table of 6. Nothing was hard about the job besides the lifting. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the co-workers.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
hours, salary
Overall it was a good experience working with dementia patients and getting a feel for CNA work in a nursing home atmosphere.
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIApril 24, 2014
I would recommend St. Camillus to a first time CNA or an aide who just need some experience. But to advance at a facility, I would keep looking. Their policies on switching departments is to strict and some of the'old school' aides are too jaded and angry to welcome in new blood. They have a very high turnover of aides which makes it hard to have good teamwork and working conditions.
My Life In The Day At St Camillus
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 27, 2014
I started but my term there didn't last very long due to being laid off. The management team was great I got along with them very well, the compensation and hours were also great. I enjoyed my short stent with this company. The hardest part was giving up such a great environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning new cooking techniques and recipes.
Honest work, good part time job.
Wait staff (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIFebruary 25, 2014
During my time here, I waited on residence, and kept a clean environment.
ok job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIOctober 19, 2013
I loved working with the residents, but i didn't really care for the food service aspect.
Pros
good food, good teamwork, great residents
Cons
dishes, drama, food
currently seeking a career that is motavation and have a mission to service the public
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 16, 2013
St. Camillus is a place you can call home,my experience still today was a very good experience . A vibrant community that enables seniors to live a healthy and active lifestyle, with a complete network of comforting support. I couldn't really say what was the hardiest thing working their because we always work as a team but overall the different challenging behavior fro client could be overwhelming but it wasn't anything that I couldn't handle.
productive and learning environment for all race and ages
Dietary Aide / Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 14, 2013
I enjoyed working at St. Camillus, the staff was very understanding and caring. learning to work with others, serving the elderly and just to see them smile and laugh, knowing that my job of making someone day enjoyable and accountable. management trained us in a professional way. the hardest part was going home from another place I called family.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, health care, and salary
Assited Living
C.N.A (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIApril 19, 2013
Assisted clients with activities of daily living and promoted independence to those who were able and willing.
Enjoyed working for this company.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIFebruary 13, 2013
Get to work early, prepare myself for the day, getting supplies needed to complete the daily needs for the residents. Working with co-workers was good they will be there to help you if you needed it. Supervisors wee great also.
Friendly and busy work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 23, 2013
I liked working with my co-workers, I was able to further educate myself using power point. I found using power point to create the orientation to being very rewarding.
Pros
grading papers and creating test for the orientations
Cons
cold - my office was in the basement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Camillus. Our community is ready to answer.