St. Camillus

St. Camillus Employer Reviews

Overall it was a good experience working with dementia patients and getting a feel for CNA work in a nursing home atmosphere.
Residential Aide (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIApril 24, 2014
I would recommend St. Camillus to a first time CNA or an aide who just need some experience. But to advance at a facility, I would keep looking. Their policies on switching departments is to strict and some of the'old school' aides are too jaded and angry to welcome in new blood. They have a very high turnover of aides which makes it hard to have good – more... teamwork and working conditions. – less
My Life In The Day At St Camillus
Cook/Server (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 27, 2014
I started but my term there didn't last very long due to being laid off. The management team was great I got along with them very well, the compensation and hours were also great. I enjoyed my short stent with this company. The hardest part was giving up such a great environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning – more... new cooking techniques and recipes. – less
Honest work, good part time job.
Wait staff (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIFebruary 25, 2014
During my time here, I waited on residence, and kept a clean environment.
ok job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIOctober 19, 2013
Pros: good food, good teamwork, great residents
Cons: dishes, drama, food
I loved working with the residents, but i didn't really care for the food service aspect.
currently seeking a career that is motavation and have a mission to service the public
Residential Aide (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 16, 2013
St. Camillus is a place you can call home,my experience still today was a very good experience . A vibrant community that enables seniors to live a healthy and active lifestyle, with a complete network of comforting support. I couldn't really say what was the hardiest thing working their because we always work as a team but overall the different challenging – more... behavior fro client could be overwhelming but it wasn't anything that I couldn't handle. – less
productive and learning environment for all race and ages
Dietary Aide / Housekeeping (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 14, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, health care, and salary
I enjoyed working at St. Camillus, the staff was very understanding and caring. learning to work with others, serving the elderly and just to see them smile and laugh, knowing that my job of making someone day enjoyable and accountable. management trained us in a professional way. the hardest part was going home from another place I called family.
Assited Living
C.N.A (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIApril 19, 2013
Assisted clients with activities of daily living and promoted independence to those who were able and willing.
Enjoyed working for this company.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIFebruary 13, 2013
Get to work early, prepare myself for the day, getting supplies needed to complete the daily needs for the residents. Working with co-workers was good they will be there to help you if you needed it. Supervisors wee great also.
Friendly and busy work place
Receptionist (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: grading papers and creating test for the orientations
Cons: cold - my office was in the basement
I liked working with my co-workers, I was able to further educate myself using power point. I found using power point to create the orientation to being very rewarding.
fun work place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 26, 2012
dietary aide at st.camillus is a nice position to work especially if your a teenager trying to make extra money
friendly warm and fast paced enviroment
Server (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WIAugust 14, 2012
Pros: christmas bonuses and yearly raise
Cons: the limit on switching hours with an individual
A typical day at work is taking orders, running to grab dinners, ensure customers are satisfied with their meal request , memory of providing customers with their proper meal order.

The hardest part of the job is having to deal with a demenia customer who doesnt remembered the items they have ordered.

The enjoyable part is having the opportunity to – more... interact with the residents and also provide great customer service.

I learned how to be very patient with customers and no matter how the job may seem overwhelming I learn to to make it through. – less
Decent company, but management is a problem
Scheduler/On-Call Scheduler (Current Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJuly 8, 2012
Pros: relaxed work atmosphere
Cons: unorganized, problem-solving techniques never get completed
I think that St. Camillus is a nice company to work for, but I feel that due to the way the department I work in is set up, there is no organization, or proper details to always be able to efficiently do your job.
Productive workplace
Caregiver (Former Employee), Berlin, GermanySeptember 15, 2014
Supporting the caregiver for work preparations and care for seniors
Enjoyable and hard working place.
Activity Helper (Former Employee), LimerickJune 3, 2013
Pros: i got hour for my lunch.. which i enjoyed
Cons: i work 9 to 4.
I start at around 9 until 4 as it was work experience. I learned how cut keys and stock shelves and use cash machine. The workers where friendly and helpful and enjoyable to work with.. The working of cash machine was hard remember all the button. The most I enjoy is interacting with customers which is key thing in the world of work.
Clean Environment
Nurse Aid, Secretarial Assistant (Former Employee), Subacute Unit and CunitFebruary 11, 2012
Pros: further education
Cons: nonunion
St. Camillus has a subacute unit, Brain Injury and long term units that offer variety in every aspectedof nursing.
Leuke werksfeer
Stagiaire verpleegkunde (Former Employee), Roermond, LIJuly 6, 2014
Niet meer werkzaam wegens einde stage maar een leuke tijd gehad.
Goede herinneringen aan de patienten en colllega's