St. Charles Community College

St. Charles Community College Employer Reviews

Very Good Workplace
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee), Cottleville, MOJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great work atmosphere, great co-workers, good environment, etc.
Cons: a lot of germs
The day to day work pace is always different. Though the job is very repetative, you never know how a day will be compared to the last.
I learned a lot of my office skills, though I had many coming into the job, I still earned a lot of hands on learning skills.
Management was good. My boss was alwyas there whenever I needed something or when things were going wrong, and was alwyas there to help solve any issues.
Co-workers are geat. Everybody in the office are easy to work with, but then again everybody has their days. Most of the people in the office are great co-workers. I really do enjoy working with such great people.
The hardest part of my job is following my schedule. I like to arrive early. I like to get up and come straight to work. I struggle with that and sometimes arrive way too early before my shift.
The most enjoyable part of my job is making the customers happy and satisfied with the amount of respect and decensy that they are treated from the moment they walk in or doors to the time when they are walking out.
Horrible management
Housekeeper (Current Employee), CottlevilleOctober 19, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: management is not good or fair
Housekeeping manager and facility director are not fair. As long as college is clean they will not get in trouble. They change things and don't care who it hurts. College president should look into expenses they use.
SCCC is an exceptional example of higher education.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Saint Peters, MOSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: the pros: great teaching atmosphere, academic flexibility, improving compensation, receptive student body.
Cons: the cons: full-time faculty and administration can be very 'clique ish', adjunct not necessarily always made to feel included, the simple nature of being an adjunct.
I am a part-time adjunct instructor at St. Charles Community College and have been making the commute to SCCC from St. Louis for 18 years now. I enjoy the flexibility of managing my course load as I see fit and I enjoy the fact that since I teach courses in the evening, most of my students are returning adult learners. This makes for a more enjoyable class that offers ample opportunity for input from students' life experiences.
First Experience at Teaching
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), St. Charles, MOJuly 1, 2014
After taking classes at SCCC, I was offered the opportunity to teach the Digital Video Editing course. Loved it!
Designed my own curriculum and projects. Worked directly with the students and staff. Really enjoyed seeing the moment when the students "got" what I was teaching and used it creatively in their projects.
Unfortunately, it all came to an end when I got a job out-of-town and had to leave.
co-workers fun to work with; free meals during holidays
Housekeeping (Current Employee), St. Peters, MOMay 1, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hours, especially during winter months
hardest part are work hours 9pm - 5:30 am and driving in the elements during winter
Flexible schedule with no rigid rules
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Cottleville, MOApril 19, 2014
Pros: friendly workplace
Cons: no benefits
Working at SCCC was an enjoyable experience because the supervisors were friendly and not too harsh.

When the lab wasn't busy, I was able to do my homework, and due to the flexible schedule, was able to maintain a balance between work and school.
Good college
Adjunct Accounting Professor (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MONovember 29, 2013
I accepted the Adjunct position to receive an offer for a full-time position but the college was oriented to adjunct positions only; therefore, there was not opportunity for full-time work.
Career Counselor (Former Employee), Saint Peters, MONovember 12, 2013
Pros: great working in the career center for the college and benefits
Cons: external funded may end anytime and low pay
I worked for the St. Charles Community College in the St. Peters career center. The management staff and Co-workers was outstanding to work with. We work on externally funded programs that could ended yearly mostly from federal cuts.
It's and ok company I would give it a score of a 3
House Keeping (Former Employee), midrivers mallOctober 24, 2013
Pros: by working there you could go to school for free.
Cons: there company hand book, and the way you had to take your days off
A typical day was pulling trash,Cleaning all restrooms that I was given to take care of,vac clean,dust class rooms and hall ways pull trash. what ever they needed to maintain in keeping the class room clean and making sure that every one on campus felt and safe on campus grounds at all times.
Be care full on who you trust, don't let your guard down even if it's
the press of the company, the most hardest part of the job was the hours and getting use to 3rd shift because you have no life, and people don't let you sleep and on top of that if you want to get stuff done you have to stay up and not sleep any way,
the most enjoyable part of the job was movie night.
Great experience for college students
VISUAL ARTS BUILDING LAB MONITOR (Former Employee), Cottleville, MOMay 30, 2013
Great opportunity for a college student to get experience working for a large organization or academic institute.
A great place to work
Groundskeeper (Current Employee), Cottleville, MOJanuary 31, 2013
Students and staff are friendly, supervisors are awesome, and the benefits are fantastic. I love the opportunity to spend beautiful days outside, however the hardest part of my job is being outside on the worst of weather days (intense heat, extreme cold).
Nice place to work.
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Cottleville, MOOctober 3, 2012
Nice place to work. Pay is low because its in education, but they have good benefits such as free medical/dental/life and a great vacation/sick/personal/hoilday time off.
Relaxed environment perfect for getting schoolwork completed.
Student Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Cottleville, MOApril 18, 2012
-typical day usually includes homework and net surfing
-learned a lot about Microsoft office
-co-workers are extremely friendly
-hardest part of job....there is no hard part
-most enjoyable part...do even feel like your working