St. Charles Community College Employee Reviews

Work study student who dreams of returning
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Cottleville, MOJuly 2, 2017
SCC was one of the best jobs I have ever had. The entire campus is such a part of the community and creates an atmosphere of being with family. I have kept in touch with a few of the people I worked with there and I hope to someday return to the Adm office and stay there until I retire. Many people feel that same way, thus I am not employed, yet...
Pros
Cons
Work Study which ended
Good work enviroments for teachers
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cottleville, MOMay 5, 2017
At SCC, faculty are supported in their roles as educators. The college goes out of its way to make sure that the students' needs are accommodated and not the responsibility of the faculty.
productive learning enviroment
Assistant Teacher/Floater (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMay 1, 2017
It is a busy and fast paced place to work so it makes the time spent there go by quickly. It is always changing when you work with children so there is always something new to learn. I enjoy working with and learning from all of my co workers.
worked well there for 14 years
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cottleville, MOApril 13, 2017
The work is challenging and fast paced. There is little room for advancement.Allows for great creativity and autonomy within the curriculum(as It is decided in each classroom and is student interest based)
Pros
Free Breakfast, lunch, and snack. Many days off that do not count against your vactationtime, great creativity oppurtunity..
you will need two incomes to live on your own
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOApril 11, 2017
Day time and night time work is not decided equal and the pay is even less fair. Although they offer free school it would take years to complete a two year degree because they only work with you so much when it comes to class schedules. I had to move back in with my parents because they do not pay well.
Pros
Insurance free school
Cons
you work until 12:30am, you don't get paid enough, takes forever to get through school
it's not the best place to work for the hours suck and so does the pay.
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MO 63376February 22, 2017
it's not the best job but if you have one it would be a good idea to keep it they are one sided there and the favoritism to race is unbelievable.
Pros
you could go there for free all you had to pay for is your books
Cons
don't trust any on or anything there.
Food Service
Cook's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cottleville, MOFebruary 3, 2017
A typical day included prep work for service and cooking orders for customers. We also provided catering for all the events on campus. I had a wonderful team of management and I enjoyed all my coworkers. I would say the people I worked with were the best part of the job. The hardest part would be having to judge multiple orders, but with my skills and being part of a great team, I didn't find the job difficult.
Excellent Educational Resource
Adjunct English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJanuary 10, 2017
Excellent learning environment.

•Taught twenty composition courses at developmental, remedial, ESL, and transfer level.

•Taught one Creative Writing course and one Intercultural Communication course.

•Participated in college, departmental, and faculty organization activities.

•Presented papers at national Sociological and English conventions.
Pros
Excellent students, faculty, staff, and administration.
Cons
No full-time positions for instructors
hated it
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJanuary 5, 2017
job changed on a daily bases. Management does not even know whats going on. They are always looking to get something on someone. It's just not a comfortable work place.
Benefits
Cons
everything but benefits
Great place to work, very flexible hrs
Course Developer (Former Employee) –  Cottleville, MOSeptember 27, 2016
I enjoyed being able to teach students Java programming for the first time and even learned a lot myself. The hours where great and I was often able to work from home.
Pros
Work remotely
Cons
Positive and Fun place to work.
Admissions Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MODecember 17, 2015
This job has given me multiple opportunities to go out and represent SCC. I have learn new costumer service skills and communication skills. My co-workers are the best and they have always helped me when I had a question.
I tutored math and chemistry for several semesters.
Math and Chemistry Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cottleville, MOMarch 3, 2015
I tutored the lower level of math and chemistry classes, so it was the easy stuff. There were plenty of tutors, and I had time to do homework while waiting for students to come.
Very Good Workplace
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cottleville, MOJanuary 27, 2015
The day to day work pace is always different. Though the job is very repetative, you never know how a day will be compared to the last.
I learned a lot of my office skills, though I had many coming into the job, I still earned a lot of hands on learning skills.
Management was good. My boss was alwyas there whenever I needed something or when things were going wrong, and was alwyas there to help solve any issues.
Co-workers are geat. Everybody in the office are easy to work with, but then again everybody has their days. Most of the people in the office are great co-workers. I really do enjoy working with such great people.
The hardest part of my job is following my schedule. I like to arrive early. I like to get up and come straight to work. I struggle with that and sometimes arrive way too early before my shift.
The most enjoyable part of my job is making the customers happy and satisfied with the amount of respect and decensy that they are treated from the moment they walk in or doors to the time when they are walking out.
Pros
Great work atmosphere, great co-workers, good environment, etc.
Cons
A lot of germs
Horrible management
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  CottlevilleOctober 19, 2014
Housekeeping manager and facility director are not fair. As long as college is clean they will not get in trouble. They change things and don't care who it hurts. College president should look into expenses they use.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Management is not good or fair
SCCC is an exceptional example of higher education.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOSeptember 12, 2014
I am a part-time adjunct instructor at St. Charles Community College and have been making the commute to SCCC from St. Louis for 18 years now. I enjoy the flexibility of managing my course load as I see fit and I enjoy the fact that since I teach courses in the evening, most of my students are returning adult learners. This makes for a more enjoyable class that offers ample opportunity for input from students' life experiences.
Pros
The Pros: Great teaching atmosphere, academic flexibility, improving compensation, receptive student body.
Cons
The cons: full-time faculty and administration can be very 'clique ish', adjunct not necessarily always made to feel included, the simple nature of being an adjunct.
First Experience at Teaching
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MOJuly 1, 2014
After taking classes at SCCC, I was offered the opportunity to teach the Digital Video Editing course. Loved it!
Designed my own curriculum and projects. Worked directly with the students and staff. Really enjoyed seeing the moment when the students "got" what I was teaching and used it creatively in their projects.
Unfortunately, it all came to an end when I got a job out-of-town and had to leave.
co-workers fun to work with; free meals during holidays
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  St. Peters, MOMay 1, 2014
hardest part are work hours 9pm - 5:30 am and driving in the elements during winter
Pros
great benefits
Cons
hours, especially during winter months
Flexible schedule with no rigid rules
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cottleville, MOApril 19, 2014
Working at SCCC was an enjoyable experience because the supervisors were friendly and not too harsh.

When the lab wasn't busy, I was able to do my homework, and due to the flexible schedule, was able to maintain a balance between work and school.
Pros
Friendly workplace
Cons
No benefits
Good college
Adjunct Accounting Professor (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MONovember 29, 2013
I accepted the Adjunct position to receive an offer for a full-time position but the college was oriented to adjunct positions only; therefore, there was not opportunity for full-time work.
Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MONovember 12, 2013
I worked for the St. Charles Community College in the St. Peters career center. The management staff and Co-workers was outstanding to work with. We work on externally funded programs that could ended yearly mostly from federal cuts.
Pros
Great working in the Career center for the College and benefits
Cons
External funded may end anytime and low pay