St. Charles Hospital Employee Reviews

Full of service and giving
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), oregon OHAugust 3, 2015
Pros: free food now and then
Wonderful job.
Happy and productive
Mainly focused on excellent customer service
Hardest part of Job was serving people quickly with little room
most enjoyable was the upbeat environment
Comfortable Place to work
Emergency Room Nurse-Community-Based Hospital (Current Employee), Port Jefferson, NYAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Work with great people
Cons: Hard to get time off
Work with nice people in a comfortable work environment. Interprofessional callaboration is great. Working in the ER that is increasingly becoming more challenging due to the increasing amount of patients seeking care.
Great place! Challenging but Good place to work
Operating Room Facilitator/Central Sterile Tech (Former Employee), Port Jefferson, NYJune 7, 2015
Working in the operating room means you are constantly on the go, or on your guard. You need to be ready at a moment's notice if an emergency occurs. I learned not to take anything for granted. Working with so many different personalities can sometimes be a challenge, but the key is to remember that we are all here for one common goal; the health of the patient.
Medical Records Clerk II (Former Employee), Port Jefferson, NYApril 14, 2015
St Charles has a family like atmosphere, they are very good to their employees, sorry I had to leave. Fast paced job the day flew! Bosses were always fair and there to help.
Productive Day Time camp for kids with Cerebral Palsy
3 Week Externship (Former Employee), Port Jefferson, NYSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: rewarding
Cons: short breaks throughout the day
This camp was specially designed for kids who have hemiparesis due to their diagnosis of Cerebral Palsy. As a CIMT extern we worked with an OT and PT to help them perform constraint induced movement therapy. As an extern, we set up different gross motor and fine motor activities with the children and were able to evaluate them through the use of different assessments and measurement tools. There were about 9 camp counselors that worked together as a team and we all had a great time. The camp was very rewarding.
i did clinicals
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee), Luling, LAAugust 27, 2014
it was great i learned alot...it was a good experience being right out of school.
Lab
Phlebotomy/EKG Technician (Current Employee), Luling, LAJuly 6, 2014
Lab has no leadership. My awesome boss just resigned and the assistant director is temporarally taking her place until Oschner comes in an hires someone to hopfully does not play favorite to certain employees.....
Friendly employees, caring and loving.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Long Island New York.April 7, 2014
Pros: very clean and friendly employees
Cons: very far.
St. Charles Hospital is very accommodating to the needs of the patients.
Excellent management team!
Staff Registered Nurse/Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee), Oregon, OHMarch 28, 2014
Wonderful place to work--absolutely enjoyed my time here.
Nice place to work
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: always sent home early to save on budget
Nice work environment. Good pay. Lots of cuts to every dept. Job security not stable. Good workers and good management.
St. Charles
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Port Jefferson, NYFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: somewhat stressful
This was the job that challenged me the most. Being in a large hospital in a big OR was not easy, but I caught on quick and made a great name for myself.
Hospital
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Luling, LAJanuary 17, 2014
St. Charles Parish Hospital is wonderful Hospital growing in a positive progressive direction in Luling, LA. Healing is number one priority.
long hours, very stressful and can be depressing
Oncology Staff RN (Former Employee), Oregon, OHNovember 25, 2013
Pros: when patients are in remission
Cons: death of ore patient
Work twelve hour shift, become attatched to paitients as they come in and are newly diagnosed with cancer, they leave and come back for treatment with surgery and or chemotherapy, they leave and have to come back because their white cells are low and they have infections.
was the best
Distribution Buyer/ Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Port Jefferson, NYOctober 17, 2013
the manager in this department is the best.
fun busy
short staff
Its a nice place to work but it is time for me to move on
Respirtory Therapist/Sleep Tech (Current Employee), Port Jefferson, NYNovember 26, 2012
Pros: recognition by adm. for job well done
Cons: job criteria
great people to work with and wonderful clientele. have learned some "secrets" as to how to keep leads on a childs head. most difficult part of job is sitting all night long,(abt. 5 hrs.)

the best part of the job is working with the patients; children and adults
ST. Charles Hospital
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Toledo, OHNovember 8, 2012
Pros: working as a team, and meeting new patients
I worked with 5 other LPN's, and an RN in Med/Surg taking care of 8 to 10 patients doing Pre-OP ad Post-Op care, also care of patients with various medical conditions. I administered medications, and helped my patients with all their needs, and documented patient care and information. I enjoyed working with other nurses, and working as a team. My co-workers were dependable to help when needed, and I was in return.
Excellent Place to work
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), Port Jefferson, NYOctober 23, 2012
Pros: profesional work environment and intermittent free (ceu's) continuing education.
Cons: not enough hours as a perdiem amployee
St. Charles is an excellent place to work and the therapists are top notch.
Fast paced, but good atmosphere
Nutritional Services Aide (Former Employee), Port Jefferson, NYJuly 31, 2012
The typical day I had at St. Charles Hospital was busy, always moving, and when you weren't moving, you were thinking about what you could do to prepare for the nest rush of people. You always had to be one step ahead of your game, because you could have curve balls thrown at you at any given time. I learned about time management. How to prioritize jobs, and solutions, especially in a high stress situation, but also making sure co-workers and customers were happy with the decision made. I also learned how to work fast paced but get the job done in a timely and efficient manner, with no loose ends. The management was interesting- there were some areas that they could have improved, but they were always trying to make the work environment tolerant for their employees to the best of their abilities...sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. I made some great friends out of the co-workers I used to work with. Most of them pulled together to help one another out. The hardest part of the job was when they were at one point constantly changing rules in a particular area, and how things needed to be done. If you thought you were doing something right, something would change at a moments notice. Not that it was a bad thing, you need to be able to adapt to changes, but there also needs to be stability in there too. The most enjoyable part of the job was how fast the day would go. Before you know it, it was time to go home.
Great Hospital staff.
Nutritional Services Aide (Current Employee), Port Jefferson, NYJuly 31, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Very enjoyable hospital with a continuous hard working staff that is willing to improve the lifestyles of the disabled.