St. Clair Hospital Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
great
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 25, 2017
Very busy job. But the people I worked with made the job great. Everyone worked wonderfully together. We were chronically understaffed but made the best of it through teamwork
Organized and Relaxed atmosphere
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  PGH, PAAugust 11, 2017
Well paced, structured, and organized processes are in place that promote patient and employee safety. Culture of positive and continuous process improvement.
Pros
Free parking
Nice place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15243July 21, 2017
Working with the patients, learning more about cancer and watching the people who was dealing with cancer and how they handle it. The nurses were great with the patients
Pros
Differenct cultures
Cons
The drive
Great hospital, great atmosphere
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 18, 2017
Employed at St Clair from 2008-2009, worked primarily Swing Shift. Awesome employees to work with, loved hospital atmosphere. Great benefits and strong job security.
Poor upper management
Clinical Staff (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 8, 2017
Great people to work with. Patients grateful for care receIced. Administration is clueless - no one reallly has respect for them because they ran another hospital into the ground. They have poor health informatics, HR director is under qualified and not people or employee friendly. OR staff high turn over due to poor management. Hospital Execs hire consultant after consultant because they are ill equipped to run a health care system.
Pros
Collegial staff, physicians, hospital staff
Cons
Administration that does not value employees
Hard working experienced staff/ unprofessional management and clueless administration
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 23, 2017
Flexing up part time staff against their will and not granting benefit days off for full time staff due to chronic short staffing for over one year, was enough to make me quit. Human Resources and Administration fully supported this practice. Workload was busy, but enjoyable. The staff throughout the hospital was the best.
Pros
Great staff and doctors. No weekends or holidays.
Cons
Unprofessional management and clueless administration
I would recommend working at St. Clair Hospital
Certificated Nurse Assistant/ICU (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 12, 2017
Fast paced environment, there is always something new to learn from the medical field, great management staff, hardest part of the job would be lifting, the most enjoyable part of this job for me would be taking care of patients.
need more workers to help with the workload to relieve the stress of doing so many rooms by the aloted time
Environmental Support Services (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 16, 2017
required to clean 15-20 rooms in a 8 hour time and also required to clean all chutes and bathrooms. also all departments required to clean like er, ct, mri, and nucular med. hardest part of job is doing the tasks with less and less people too much work for too little man power
Pros
free parking on holidays
Cons
no breaks
Creating and living by an image are 2 different things
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mount Lebanon, PAMarch 7, 2017
St. Clair Hospital is creating an image toward advanced healthcare and patient experience by remaining independent but competeing with big hospitals like UPMC and AGH but are not really much different. They offer a competitive wage and benefits compared to any other hospital. SCH boasts patient care but fail to realize that employees are patients, too. I had difficulty seeing providers that I desperately needed and found little flexibility with my department. Training was much longer and much less effective than it could be. Resources were scattered, training was rushed to fill the open slot with promises of finishing but never having time. It is too much to ask an employee not fully or properly trained to perform as well as others while not offering the tools for my position or a guide to expectations. A number one healthcare provider should give their employees the tools to succeed. Instead, they have promoted failure. They failed me and I, in turn, failed them.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, free or reduced parking, cafeteria and Café, badge swipe for meals, gift shop, area away from Pgh traffic
Cons
Short or no break, varied lunch schedule, lack of training in departments, poor evaluation system, insurance deductible is high unless you use St. Clair doctors
everything is subjective
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 5, 2017
saw many nurses who would not help other coworkers. very cliquey atmosphere with definite favoritism. felt like high school and departments were not willing to assist or work with other departments
Good pay in relation to work load. Very nice and clean facility.
X-Ray & MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mount Lebanon, PADecember 30, 2016
Hospital is expanding because they have so much income. Payer mix, location, and patient demographic keep the institution alive. Upper Management not afraid to waste money on extravagance to create competition.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Unrealistic expectations from upper management
St.Clair Hospital is a great place to work!
Medical Records Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 14, 2016
St.Clair Hospital provided a great learning experience for me as an intern. I was impressed with the dedication of the staff to providing the highest quality of health care services. I would highly recommend it.
Good place to work to get a feel for the medical field. Good coworkers and work environment.
Patient escort (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 19, 2016
I worked there with no degree and just a high school diploma, made more money than most of my peers but being a patient escort isn't something to do for many years. Good to get experience in a hospital but then forwarding my education was needed. The environment was clean and friendly but management wasn't as good as it seemed.
Pros
Foot in the door for future jobs (nursing, x-ray tech), always surrounded by good, educated people
Cons
Short breaks, position wasn't appreciated by management.
Great coworkers, with emphasis on the patient
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 5, 2016
Becoming more of a "business" as is all healthcare. High cost insurance - premiums ok, but deductibles and copays quite high. Pay decent, but could be better to help cover medical costs i.e basic preventive care. Coworkers are excellent, patients get great, though hurried care. Hardest part of the job is not being able to give enough to patients......must always account for every second of PRODUCTIVITY. Enjoyable is hardworking knowledgeable staff/MD's who want and DO the best for their clients.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Hurried care to satisfy number crunchers
productive and safe place to work
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Lebanon, PASeptember 5, 2016
I enjoy working at St. Clair hospital, I trained in many positions and am very flexible with the scheduling. My co-workers are helpful and reliable.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
can work long stretch of days at a time
Staff is very friendly
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 23, 2016
I've worked here for over 6 years. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. If you like to stay busy, this is a great job. I recommend.
Difficult company, looks good but...
Patient Access Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 29, 2016
High pressure, no breaks, unexpected mandatory overtime, very high turn over from people quitting. This company actually denies spousal benefits to legally married employees stating that their benefits policy does not recognize same-gender marriage.. Coworkers can be good but there are difficulties at all levels and employees have to make up for them.
Pros
Working with the patients and making a difference in the lives of the patients.
Cons
See the evaluation.
Good Hospital
RRT (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 26, 2016
Hospital with a great reputation, good food at cafeteria. Worked in multiple units. Excellent continuing education. Great coworkers.
Follow directions/work well under pressure/multi task/Asst Mgr experience/I strive to work hard on any task
Patient access representative (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 22, 2016
I am a Bilingual (English/Spanish), providing customer service for more than 20yrs, hard work, work well under pressure, I get along well with co-workers, my satisfaction is that to provided the best I can possibly can in all aspect (emotionally working with patients, entering proper insurance info for billing dept.....etc), I have learn not to take anything for granted.
Pros
where I currently work I don't take lunches, there is no time with the demand of patients coming in
Excellent hospital
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Upper St. Clair, PAFebruary 7, 2016
Hospital with a great reputation. Excellent cafeteria. Worked on a telemetry unit. Excellent continuing education. Great coworkers.
Pros
Great cafeteria, longer lunch breaks
Cons
Less pay than other hospitals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Clair Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9