St. Clair Hospital Employee Reviews

Good place to work to get a feel for the medical field. Good coworkers and work environment.
Patient escort (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 19, 2016
I worked there with no degree and just a high school diploma, made more money than most of my peers but being a patient escort isn't something to do for many years. Good to get experience in a hospital but then forwarding my education was needed. The environment was clean and friendly but management wasn't as good as it seemed.
Pros
Foot in the door for future jobs (nursing, x-ray tech), always surrounded by good, educated people
Cons
Short breaks, position wasn't appreciated by management.
Great coworkers, with emphasis on the patient
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 5, 2016
Becoming more of a "business" as is all healthcare. High cost insurance - premiums ok, but deductibles and copays quite high. Pay decent, but could be better to help cover medical costs i.e basic preventive care. Coworkers are excellent, patients get great, though hurried care. Hardest part of the job is not being able to give enough to patients......must always account for every second of PRODUCTIVITY. Enjoyable is hardworking knowledgeable staff/MD's who want and DO the best for their clients.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Hurried care to satisfy number crunchers
Staff is very friendly
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 23, 2016
I've worked here for over 6 years. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. If you like to stay busy, this is a great job. I recommend.
Difficult company, looks good but...
Patient Access Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 29, 2016
High pressure, no breaks, unexpected mandatory overtime, very high turn over from people quitting. This company actually denies spousal benefits to legally married employees stating that their benefits policy does not recognize same-gender marriage.. Coworkers can be good but there are difficulties at all levels and employees have to make up for them.
Pros
Working with the patients and making a difference in the lives of the patients.
Cons
See the evaluation.
Good Hospital
RRT (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 26, 2016
Hospital with a great reputation, good food at cafeteria. Worked in multiple units. Excellent continuing education. Great coworkers.
Follow directions/work well under pressure/multi task/Asst Mgr experience/I strive to work hard on any task
Patient access representative (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 22, 2016
I am a Bilingual (English/Spanish), providing customer service for more than 20yrs, hard work, work well under pressure, I get along well with co-workers, my satisfaction is that to provided the best I can possibly can in all aspect (emotionally working with patients, entering proper insurance info for billing dept.....etc), I have learn not to take anything for granted.
Pros
where I currently work I don't take lunches, there is no time with the demand of patients coming in
Excellent hospital
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Upper St. Clair, PAFebruary 7, 2016
Hospital with a great reputation. Excellent cafeteria. Worked on a telemetry unit. Excellent continuing education. Great coworkers.
Pros
Great cafeteria, longer lunch breaks
Cons
Less pay than other hospitals
I enjoy the work that I do, as well as the work atmosphere
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh,PAOctober 15, 2015
I tend to look forward to the next day of work. I feel that the work I do on a daily basis has a profound affect on the lives of the patients that I come into contact with.
Pros
Great coworkers, good area, good benefits
Cons
Pays less than other hospitals
Busy, fast paced, learn as you go environment
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Lebanon, PAAugust 16, 2015
Very busy community hospital which is a non teaching facility with many first assisting possibilities. I believe that to be the most difficult part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is location, benefits, and compensation. Co-workers are enormously experienced and trained in there services and duties. A typical day at work consists of assisting the surgical team in the Operating Room
Pass instruments, sponge and suture to surgeons
Prepare sterile supplies and maintain sterile field
Check and restock operating room
Set up sterile back table
Perform instrument and sponge counts with circulator
Perform closing count
Assist in cleanup of the operating room after procedures
Assist and relieve for lunches at any point during the case
Prep and Draping the patients before surgery First assisting- retracting, cutting suture, holding laparoscopic equipment, cleaning and dressing
Management is very involved and educational
Pros
Discounted food, free and reduced pricing for parking, and excellent location and compensation
Cons
very busy, high turnover rate, high stress environment
good hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 25, 2015
Managers were fair and decent people. It would be nice if one could work one steady shift. Fair and decent bosses. I would work there again.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
2 shifts
Productive place
Volunteer office worker (Former Employee) –  St. Clair HospitalJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day consisted of just filing paperwork. The co-workers were friendly.
Great places to work, security department is a joke
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PaJanuary 27, 2015
Before you think about applying to be a "hospital police officer" you should know that this department has no structure, and management sux, since no one has law enforcement experience and the supervisor is incompetent of being a good leader, and lacks in supervising his officers. What this department needs is someone with previous policing experience and common sense, other than that, great place to work for.
Great place for an RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 11, 2014
St. Clair was a great place to start my career as an RN. I had great coworkers and staff support. I loved working close to home and not worrying about parking, traffic, bridges, etc.

There will always be stressful times in this job, but I always felt supported by the staff and my manager.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
fewer opportunities to learn as it is not a teaching hospital
work week
Patient Register (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 18, 2014
assisting with varies of jobs within my department. helping and relieving different people when they are off on vacation or whatever it may be
Pros
learning
Cons
more knowledge
Favoritism
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 30, 2014
It's referred as "The Country Club" for good reason... depending on who you are, both management and doctors/staff can talk to you and treat you as they please without repurcussions. The same staff are babied daily and allowed to go home early, sit, or disappear, while the ones who work hardest are mandated (yes, MANDATED) past their shifts and told "I didn't have anyone else..." Well, don't let people go home early. The most enjoyable part of the job, sadly, are the surgeons who are also in the same boat, and the same staff. WE SEE EACH OTHER EVERY DAY.
Pros
Getting to finally leave, and great patients
Cons
Management and the Peters Principle promotion tactics
productive place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 29, 2014
was great at first, but once I was there over a year the manager pushed for more hours and I couldn't do that, so i felt she may have pushed for too much and pushed me to leave
I love st.clair, have been there for 7 years .
RN (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 20, 2014
I love working at St.Clair hospital, have been there for 7 years, small community hospital with a home-town feel.
Not a good department to work in
Senior Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 27, 2013
Billing,various coding procedures, the overall work atmosphere is not very good. The people are not very nice to work with and management is awlful
Loved my co-workers
Operations (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 23, 2013
Great place to work. They have made many improvements to their facilities and processes. Great benefits.
Excellent co-workers/management
Menu Concierge-Dietary Computer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA May 28, 2013
Learned so much at St. Clair Hospital from co-workers, management, nursing and patients! A very friendly, helpful place to work. Co-workers are good friends.
Pros
Yearly bonus, able to schedule overtime if you need the extra $$
Cons
Census down, asked to work in other dept. or use a personal/vacation day and not come in

2.8