ST. CLARE HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Cohesive team spirit
Clinical Support Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MONovember 14, 2015
I love the mission statement, "Through our exceptional care we reveal the healing presence of God." I felt that in most parts of the hospital. It was what I carried with me each day I practiced nursing there.
Produtive, Trustworthy
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAApril 9, 2015
I loved working at this hospital. The staff is great, My boss was a good listener, she was open for any discussion. I loved the doctor's there. Every one treated me with respect as I did the same. If I had any question, I knew I can turn to anybody for help.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun work place. Friendly staff
Student Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJanuary 8, 2015
My co-workers are very welcoming to new staff and students. Very productive, helpful, and competent co-workers.

Separate departments for breast, general, and vascular studies
excellent educational support, friendly staff with great teamwork.
Staff Nurse (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MONovember 30, 2014
On your feet from the start of a busy shift with great opportunities to provide excellent nursing care. Staff support throughout each and every delivery. Couldn't be better.
Pros
education, staff support, caring management
Cons
occasional physician issues
excellent benefits, friendly coworkers and medical staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WINovember 12, 2014
provided secretarial support to the Vice President of Patient Care Services, the Vice President of Operations and Organizational Effectiveness, Director of Finance and Director of Marketing and Community Relations.

A good place to work; opportunities for advancement; Continuing Education to staff is considered a priority. I attended out-of-state training for CBISA software to data enter Community Benefits Data. Fast-paced and multi-tasked. Friendly coworkers; caring healthcare.
Pros
excellent benefits
Overall review is ok.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOOctober 1, 2014
Typical day at work was arriving around 6 a.m. Preparing patients for surgery and post-op care. Placing multiple I..V's. Discharge teaching.
What I learned is that I have to be excellent at multi-tasking and prioritizing my patients according to level of need.
Management was excellent in that fact that we could communicate all of our concerns about our job.
Our co-workers worked well together like a team.
Hardest part of my job was never knowing when I would be working or what time I would be finished.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the team of people I worked with.
Pros
the community of people at the hospital
Cons
difficult patients, felt unsafe at times
unit secretary
Health Unit Coordinator / Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJune 17, 2014
medical terminology, transcription of physicians’ orders, charting, patient scheduling, customer service, and communication.
Pros
good pay
Cons
culture of establishment
good
RN (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMay 25, 2014
Busy critical care department, 12 hour shifts. Primary care nursing
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not much room for growth
Transferred to Franciscan Medical Group part of same company
operator and front desk (Former Employee) –  Lakewood WAApril 5, 2014
Same as FMG, patient interaction was great, got promoted and transferred.
Productive and team oriented workplace that focuses on excellent care and values
Special Projects Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 26, 2013
I enjoy volunteering for this employer. They have been a wonderful resource while I completed my degree.
What I learned
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJune 17, 2013
I learned about policy and procedures on different diets for patients, how to set up trays for meals. I also took calls and gave instructions on diets patient was on due to their meal restrictions if any.
It was a good place to work.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMay 21, 2013
St. Clare was a always very busy with drug screen collections, blood draws and processing lab samples.
Pros
not too far from home.
Cons
i had to train my lead lab assistant
Working On-Call
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WaFebruary 7, 2013
I'm on-call and I just started. This company values their work and care for the patients care in every way possibly.
Pros
wonderful staff to work with.
Cons
not enough hours.
They had contempt for the people serving.
Register Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WADecember 31, 2012
This is a hospital that was built on serving the poor but behind close doors they talk about the clientele in a degrading way. Co-workers provided limited support but one particular nurse was working out of licensure and everyone new it but overlook it. Doctors respected her opinion and allowed her too much power. She had moft into a doctor without going to school.
Pros
breakfast was great there.
Cons
discrimatory practices
I give this hospital 5 stars
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MODecember 17, 2012
I give this hospital 5 stars. I was only there for 270 work hours but it was a great experience.
Small hospital, big heart
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INOctober 3, 2012
The work load isn't large, but you learn a lot. Because this is a smaller hospital I learned more than phlebotomy. I learn office work, specimen processing and I was about to assist in the ER.
Pros
great place to learn
Cons
staffing issues
Great Place To Work
PRN (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOSeptember 28, 2012
Since St. Clare Health Center opened I have only been in a PRN position; therefore, I can not review their benefits package. The weekends are crazy busy but the schedule has about two hours of overlap to allow the tech to catch up with all the ordered exams before the end of the shift. There's also an "on call" person who would be happy to get the extra pay if you called them in due to heavy volume. Recently, I've been getting hours during weekdays and there is a "float" tech to prevent getting behind like you do on the weekends. When my supervisor and co-workers found out that I needed more shifts the response was immediate and I'm overwhelmed with gratitiude!
Pros
consistently voted "best place to work" year after year
Cons
no way to get a lunch break on weekends.
Fun and important.
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIJune 30, 2012
Not in every job do you get the satisfaction of helping people. Especially sick ones at that, its a great feeling knowing you helped make someones say better or easier when they can not help themselves. The hospital itself is a wonderful place to work at.
Pros
everyone is very polite and always willing to help one another.
Cons
communication is sometimes strained.
Great learning experience.
Patient Access Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMay 31, 2012
Answering phones, checking patients into the hospital, making copies of patient insurance and ID cards, sending mail out, receiving mail, directing patients around the hospital, looking up patient information for visitors, and making sure that all patients and visitors problems were resolved if they needed help. The hardest part of the job was learning my way around the hospital , the most enjoyable part was helping the patients and visitors with their problems.
Pros
fast paced, always something to do, and great people to work with on a daily basis.
great hospital
Dietary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMarch 30, 2012
I loved working there and meeting new people. The job was excellent and the workers were great
Pros
loved the people that i worked with
Cons
nothing