ST. CLARE HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Great Learning
Full-time staff/float nurse (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAFebruary 13, 2018
Learned a lot in ICU from a great team of nurses and developed advanced skills allowing me to move into a SWAT nurse position helping in all areas of the hospital. Also, expanded my IV skills as a SWAT nurse providing better care for patients with difficult access to their veins,
Pros
Too numerous to mention
Cons
Learned about jealousy of co-workers
I believe in the values and mission statement for SSM.
Registered Nurse, I-choice (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MONovember 10, 2017
I love working for a faith based hospital and believe in the values and mission statement for SSM. The management team truly cares about the employees. The CEO even rounds the hospital in the middle of the night to touch base with staff and get feedback on how things are going.
Pros
design of hospital, all private rooms, supplies and equipment always available when needed.
Cons
low censused a lot, difficult to get all my hours
It was a pleasant atmosphere to work in.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WISeptember 26, 2017
I did not work at this hospital for a very long time but when I did it was run very professionally at all times. Everyone seemed friendly and very knowledgeable when I was training and had questions too.
Great place to work with fantastic culture!
Aide (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAAugust 23, 2017
The culture there is really amazing. They do a lot of group building activities and events. You will easily know people from every department if you just walk around the halls. Management was good overall, even with some changes to most upper level management in the last few years. There were no big issues when I worked there, and I've known several people who got a job there no problem.
Great place to work with great benefits.
Cook II (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOAugust 9, 2017
The people there are great to work with, but the management by a contracted company is very weak. The benefits are incredible, especially the vacation time and health care.
Great company. Management appreciates staff
Volunteer Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMay 1, 2017
I worked here as a volunteer receptionist with the patient access department while I was in school, completing my Medical Assisting program. I loved being there and meeting all the new people, and visiting with them pre procedure.
Pros
Management appreciation, fun people
Cons
as a volunteer, no pay
Excellence and high standards.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOMarch 13, 2017
St.Clare is very promising in all areas. Personally I feel they go above and beyond the call of duty with their employers in making sure they are treated properly and that their concerns are validated. I have found its a very clean and the atmosphere professional among co-workers. I recommend the hospital's services always.
Pros
request honored and validated, holiday meals provided with excellence
Great work environment
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2017
Had great clinical rotation. Employees were nice and I learn a lot to help with my nursing career. The atoms[here was pleasant and patients were well cared for.
Good environment
RN in PCU (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAFebruary 19, 2017
overall great employer. Medical benefits could be better. Environment is fabulous and I'd recommend it to anyone. I like the management and there is always opportunity to learn.
Good place to do good work
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WIJanuary 10, 2017
Professional workplace, with policies generally treating employees well. Very good culture for patients and for employees. Some departments not as well managed as they could be.
Pros
generally fun people.
Cons
being on call gets old
good place to work
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WANovember 7, 2016
Good place to work will definitely miss my co-workers. Has that small knit community/family feel.Always something to do, busy. Sad that management left and we were out of the loop.
Pros
steady work
Cons
no room for advancement
Stressful but rewarding
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 24, 2016
Being in the medical field, you may have more than one position that comes with you job title. Working with large volumes of documents while scheduling patients for appointments.
Pros
Early work schedule, educational hospital, and great management
Cons
short lunches
Positive
RN (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMay 9, 2016
Compassionate Hospital, a great place to begin career. Great co-workers, tons of diversity and wonderful support staff.
Was the greatest life experience I could ever ask for
Radiology Technologist I (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIJanuary 27, 2016
I learned a lot about myself and people in general. It is a great teaching hospital. Loved the work environment. Loved the managerial staff.
Pros
I received my start in Radiology here and loved it.
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
Cohesive team spirit
Clinical Support Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MONovember 14, 2015
I love the mission statement, "Through our exceptional care we reveal the healing presence of God." I felt that in most parts of the hospital. It was what I carried with me each day I practiced nursing there.
Produtive, Trustworthy
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAApril 9, 2015
I loved working at this hospital. The staff is great, My boss was a good listener, she was open for any discussion. I loved the doctor's there. Every one treated me with respect as I did the same. If I had any question, I knew I can turn to anybody for help.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun work place. Friendly staff
Student Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJanuary 8, 2015
My co-workers are very welcoming to new staff and students. Very productive, helpful, and competent co-workers.

Separate departments for breast, general, and vascular studies
excellent educational support, friendly staff with great teamwork.
Staff Nurse (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MONovember 30, 2014
On your feet from the start of a busy shift with great opportunities to provide excellent nursing care. Staff support throughout each and every delivery. Couldn't be better.
Pros
Education, Staff support, caring management
Cons
Occasional physician issues
excellent benefits, friendly coworkers and medical staff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WINovember 12, 2014
provided secretarial support to the Vice President of Patient Care Services, the Vice President of Operations and Organizational Effectiveness, Director of Finance and Director of Marketing and Community Relations.

A good place to work; opportunities for advancement; Continuing Education to staff is considered a priority. I attended out-of-state training for CBISA software to data enter Community Benefits Data. Fast-paced and multi-tasked. Friendly coworkers; caring healthcare.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Overall review is ok.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOOctober 1, 2014
Typical day at work was arriving around 6 a.m. Preparing patients for surgery and post-op care. Placing multiple I..V's. Discharge teaching.
What I learned is that I have to be excellent at multi-tasking and prioritizing my patients according to level of need.
Management was excellent in that fact that we could communicate all of our concerns about our job.
Our co-workers worked well together like a team.
Hardest part of my job was never knowing when I would be working or what time I would be finished.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the team of people I worked with.
Pros
The community of people at the hospital
Cons
Difficult patients, felt unsafe at times