St. Clare of Assisi Roman Catholic Parish in Surprise, AZ is seeking a full time Maintenance Technician.
Under general supervision, performs regular preventative maintenance and operation and care of various types of equipment for assigned buildings and facilities. Will also provide related work for Pastor, members of staff, parish and various other committees and boards as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Managing work orders on time
- Completing hands –on, technical, maintenance projects
- Building, mentoring and leading housekeeper, grounds personnel and vendors.
- Managing a budget
- Coordinating vendors and inventory
- Problem solving and trouble shooting
- Notify management concerning need for major repairs or additions
- Assist Pastor and staff at special parish events
- Set up and break down of tables and chairs for events
- Move and arrange furniture and equipment, as needed
Additional Job Functions:
- Perform any job-related tasks necessary for the smooth flow of operations within the parish.
- Contributes to a team effort for a professional office environment and maintains a good working relationship with parish staff and community.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- A high school diploma or equivalent required; trade school and/or military training
- Three or more year’s hands –on general maintenance experience including plumbing, electrical, appliances and painting is required.
- HVAC certification highly recommended: Type II, Type III and /or Universal
- Must be able t read blue prints
- Backflow prevention tester certification a plus
- Ability to work weekends and be on call for after-hours emergencies is required
- Basic computer skills
- Valid Arizona driver’s license
- Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds