St. Cloud Hospital

St. Cloud Hospital Employer Reviews

Productive and Challenging Workplace
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), St. Cloud, MNSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: health care
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work starts at 7:00 AM. I continue to learn something new at work everyday. Management is awesome and so are my co-workers. The hardest part of the job and the most enjoyable part would have to be the people I help.
Nursing Student
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 2, 2014
I was a nursing student here. It was a great place to have a clinical rotation at. I learned a lot from the nurses I followed.
Great health care place to work
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNAugust 31, 2014
The St. Cloud Hospital is a great place to work. They are a dedicated in bringing the best health care to the central Minnesota area. The workers there are dedicated and hard working.
Amazing employer
LPN - Family Birthing Center (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNMay 9, 2014
Values and goals of St. Cloud Hospital are top notch, proud to be and employee.
a good job to have
PCA/ monitor tech (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNMay 7, 2014
Pros: fast paced
Cons: fast paced
I work in a progressive setting. I love the fast paced environment and I feel like we all work together amazing as a team. I love this job!
A great Learning Experience
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNApril 3, 2014
I was able to learn a lot about how things run in the surgical suite as well as once the patient left the floor. I enjoyed the pressure of trying to consistently meet surgical staff's needs, which ultimately helps to provide the patient with optimal care!
great place to work
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNApril 1, 2014
great benefits, excellent pay and flexible schedules. Management that cares and will work with you and encourage job advancement
Well paying and good benifits
Nutrition Associate (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNMarch 21, 2014
Pros: free pop, great benifits, pays well
Cons: sometimes had to go without a break
Typical day would be to stock everything, keep stuff clean, take over for peoples breaks. I learned a lot about food safety, there was always management around if you had questions. The co-workers there end up to be like a family, weather you get along or not so much you guys end up hanging out a lot.
Owner didnt care for employees
Prestige Valet (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNMarch 7, 2014
Pros: college job
Cons: no breaks, owner
Owner demanded over the top performance from employees but were not rewarded decent pay.
Enviroment
Volunteer (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNDecember 30, 2013
The work environment is enjoyable and the pay is comparable to other health clinics.
A great work environment with knowledgeable personnel willing to teach
Medical Technologist (student) (Former Employee), St. Cloud, MNDecember 9, 2013
Depending on the area of the lab I was in could be anywhere from processing samples for microbial culture to cross matching blood and plasma products. I learned a lot while I was there, but there's so much to learn that I always learned something new everyday. Our management team there were very professional and tried to talk to their employees to see – more... what needed to be done at their level so they could facilitate the work that needed to be done. My co-workers were all very experienced and were willing to show me how to do the job if it was a task I was unfamiliar with so I could succeed. the hardest part of the job I would say would be when an instrument had a malfunction or a bad reagent batch and trying to find the problem, fix it, and make the corrections all while there was still plenty of work to be done that was coming in at a constant rate. The best part was getting the experience, it's always challenging to find work without any experience so have the opportunity to gain some real experience there was very satisfying and will better prepare me for my future endeavors. – less
Nursing, Doctors, and Anesthesia Staff are amazing to work with!!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNNovember 20, 2013
Pros: .
Cons: .
I loved my job and the people I worked with. The company is a good place to work.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Catering Associate (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNOctober 31, 2013
A typical day at work began at 7 in the morning and ended at 7:30 at night. From the start of the work day there was little time to slow down. The job was physically demanding, but rewarding to help and satisfy the needs and wants of the St. Cloud Hospital patients. I learned hos to manage my time very effectively. Management as effective and worked – more... without flaw. Co-workers were enjoyable to work with and we became one large family and working unit. The hardest part of the job was juggling many different tasks and satisfying every need of the patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was the hardest parts of the job as well. – less
Compensation is good
Program Facilitator (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNMay 20, 2013
Large organization with caring staff. Pay and benefits are good.
Good learning experience
Radiographer's Assistant (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNMay 10, 2013
I am currently a student working as an Radiographer's Assistant. I work closely with technologists and also have the opportunity to perform x-rays independently, which has helped build my confidence and skills.
Over worked and under paid.
Catering Associate (Former Employee), St. Cloud, MinnesotaMay 9, 2013
Pros: i really can't think of a good reason to work there
Cons: very unfriendly staff, when your on your own they don't start you out with baby steps, they expect you to get the work done in the same time as people who have been there for years.
I have to agree with the first review. I would not recommend working as a Catering Associate.

After training they expect you to be able to handle numerous patients by yourself (around 30) and if you don't get the work done in time you will be questioned about what you've been doing. It's like they set you up to fail.

The employees are extremely unfriendly – more... and don't own their mistakes.

They seem to have a hard time keeping Catering Associates from quiting so soon, I would think upper management would try to figure out why, and that needs to start with the supervisors.

The pay is way to low for the amount of work that's envolved and with working a 12 hour shift, you'll get a total of 45 minutes of break time.

I suspect they've lost some dedicated, hard-working emplyees there do to all of the above reasons. – less
A great organization, a horrible department
Nutrition (Current Employee), Saint Cloud MNMarch 11, 2013
Really think twice about applying for anything related to food at the hospital. The director is a sociopath! You can go to work and do your very best everday and she will find a way to get rid of you. Nobody in the department is free to express concern or displeasure about work conditions or environment for fear of retaliation. It seems as though upper – more... management are blind to the inner workings of her department and see only the money that is made. It is a very unhappy work environment and you will go home stressed out and miserable. – less
A great place to work!
Nurse Intern- ICU & Center for Surgical Care (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNDecember 12, 2012
I completed all my clinicals for nursing school on various units. I also completed a paid Summer Nurse Internship in the Center for Surgical care. I was able to improve all of my nursing skills, which I believe better prepared as a new graduate in 2009.

I also completed a Capstone/Internship in both the clinical setting and leadership setting my final – more... semester of nursing school in the Intensive Care Unit. Again, I was able to practice and improve all my nursing skills especially with the critical care population, by working directly with patients. I also was able to learn a lot about the leadership aspect of nursing through observing and assisting leadership personnel such as Nursing Director, Nurse Educator, Clinical Nurse Specialist and several charge nurses all in the Intensive Care Unit.

My preceptors and all other employees of both the Intensive Care Unit and the Center for Surgical Care were amazing. They always were willing to teach and answer any questions I had. They were also great at giving my learning opportunities in which I had never previously experienced.

Overall, all that I learned through my experiences at the St. Cloud Hospital prepared me to be a great new graduate Registered Nurse. By the end of my experiences, I was able to care for patients independently under the supervision of my preceptors. I owe a lot to this facility for all the experiences and teaching they provided me to become an excellent, competent and confident RN. – less
Great challenging work environment
Administrative Intern (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 6, 2012
Great management that is alway there to answer questions from any level of staff

Challenging work environment which allowed me to use all of my skills
Peaceful Atmosphere
Respiratory Therapist Supervisor (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, FLApril 26, 2012
Pros: clean, organized. and fair
Cons: it was very far, and many tolls.
My day would start by receiving my report for the day.
Management was very fair.
co-workers were caring and funny.
the hardest part of this job was leaving it.
what i miss the most is my coworkers/friends