St. Cloud Hospital Employee Reviews

Stressful
Other (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 3, 2017
Stressful environment, wages were kept low even though they are non-profit and are buying other entities. Started to feel like a number rather then an employee.
Great place to work for most
Imaging Transcription (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 4, 2017
It is a great place to work for most people but when it comes time to save money by eliminating your position to go with a cheeper contracted service your years of service and past performance as an excellent employee don't mean much. People who never stepped up and helped out receive nice severance packages while those who are kept on take a decrease in pay.
Pros
Many extra hours available for increasing your paycheck, They are transitioning now to help employees maintain a healthier work-life balance, Our Best Begins with Me is providing necessary changes.
Cons
Too many hours. Work-life imbalance. Good employees always doing more.
great work environment
Central Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNAugust 24, 2017
enjoy working here, wonderful co-workers, great training.
Good healthcare facility and A1 staff and up-to-date medical facility which is needed in the area.
benefits
Cons
drive
Great place to work and learn new skills.
Nutrition Associate (Former Employee) –  St Cloud MNAugust 23, 2017
Great atmosphere and always new skills to learn if you so choose to increase your knowledge of food service. One does have the opportunity to learn many positions in the Nutrition Department,
Pros
Free beverages at the time I worked there. Easy to pick up extra shifts.
Cons
Very hot to work in the kitchen tray line areas.
Hard work with job security
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 11, 2017
The job is just demanding of physical work. It is a great learning experience with many skills to be learned and taken in. There is no room to negotiate salary.
Stressful
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJuly 21, 2017
Very busy hospital environment. RN's work load increased continually. Always needed to do more with less help with more assessments and documentation requirements. Lots of pressure to punch out on time even when you were unable to complete all your work before leaving.
Pros
Great wages and benefits
Cons
heavy work load, stressful environment
Was a great place
Surgical Scheduling Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 30, 2017
I worked at St. Cloud Hospital many years ago prior to CentraCare purchasing the hospital. Before the buy out it would have gotten 5 stars, after the buyout things changed.
Pros
Great hospital, proud to work there
Cons
buyout changed things
good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 6, 2017
Good place to work and advance your career. My area of work allowed for a great schedule and flexible with changes. Core charge nurse is amazing and helps out as needed.
Summary
CLC Athlete of the week (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 6, 2017
Great place to work. Lots of diversity, great staff. I started working here at a very young age and I fit right in the crowd with people who were double my age.
A great job opportunity
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 1, 2017
I absolutely love my job at the st. cloud hospital. I never have the feeling of not wanting to go. Everyone is extremely nice and welcoming. They try their best to work with you in anyway possible and the patients are great!!
Student Physical Therapist
Physical Therapy Clinical Internship I (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 27, 2017
Worked here as a student- 10-12 patients per day. Fairly autonomous. Great team to work with. Everyone sits down and has lunch together which is nice for work-life balance. They were having difficulty staffing when I was there so everyone was a little stretched thin. Made some stressful situations that were unable to be resolved due to need for patient care and lack of staff.
Lead Ultrasound Tech (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 1, 2017
I enjoyed my time at St Cloud. I was a great place to for and enjoyed my time there. I have no complains. lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Great workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMarch 15, 2017
Management is professional and reluctant to lend helping hand on the unit. Poor schedule for many of registered nursing positions. Employees have great attitudes about work and patient population.
Enjoyed working at the St. Cloud Hospital.
cardiovascular assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMarch 9, 2017
I enjoyed working with the staff and patients that I encountered within the hospital. I would gladly return if the opportunity became available. There is a reason that the Cath Lab does not have openings, simply because everyone enjoys working together.
Great Place to work!
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMarch 6, 2017
Working at the hospital has been my favorite job by far! My coworkers on 6th floor were my second family and they made me want to go to work everyday even though some days weren't so fun. The hardest part was floating to other floors or losing a patient. The most enjoyable part was knowing that you were making a difference in not only the patients life but also in their families lives. If I still lived in the area, I would still be working here.
Pros
Lunch can be taken out of your paychecks, good environment to work in, benefits
Cons
Pto, floating to other floors, difficult patients
Neuroscience/Spine Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 9, 2016
Was an excellent place to work and learn on a daily basis.

Helpful coworkers, no one acted better than the rest - it was a cohesive team and everyone mattered.
Information Desk
Information Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Information Desk ReceptionistOctober 28, 2016
The job is great for someone who is needing extra money. Sometimes it can be slow and others it can be busy. The co-workers I have are all very nice and help you out if they can.
love the people i work with
Nutrition Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 5, 2016
some days are busier than others. people tend to call in so that makes your work day that much harder. overall, good place to work at especially for the benefits.
Good Experience
Patient Access Representative Info/Desk (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 22, 2016
I think it is great place to work. Good environment with co worker. Easy access to the leaders. Structured work place. opportunity to grow in the organization. Feed back from managers and supervisors for improvement every year.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Volunteering
Minnesota Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 22, 2016
Everyone is very friendly, and helpful. They all have smiles on their faces, and seem very happy to be doing what they are doing, and happy to be there.