St. Cloud State University Employee Reviews

Working as Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 14, 2017
I am working here as a Graduate Assistant while going to class. My professors are very helpful and direct however I do not believe they would hire a graduate assistant if you were not a current graduate student.
My first academic job
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 12, 2017
This was my first job in academia. I taught courses in my discipline and supervised students in the speech and hearing clinic. I left for personal reasons in order to relocate my family to California.
Pros
Excellent experience for a first acadmeic job
Cons
St. Cloud is very cold.
student worker position
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 18, 2017
Very flexible scheduling that is great for student workers
Usually small work load which gives time to work on homework or studying
Great office experience for future professional positions
Worked out for Me...
Student (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNAugust 16, 2017
School accomplished my goal of getting a degree. Psychology program professors were very nice and accommodating. The upper management was very helpful when I needed to voice my concerns.
Great Job
Student Worker, Affirmative Action Office (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNAugust 9, 2017
Was a student worker in a office and I enjoyed it. I would file paperwork, do spreadsheets and other projects given to me by the supervisor/office manager. Such an amazing place to work.
Life changing experience as a Community Advisor
Community Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 28, 2017
This job will change you, in more ways than one. You may go into it thinking only about the room and board waivers, but this job is much more than that. You have to be on top of your report and with all representative jobs where you are a public face of the University, you can't do anything that would look unfavorable in the eyes of said college. This job is not for everyone and you have to balance the "me" time, school work/projects, student council, floor activities and personal relationships. If that sounds like a lot to you, then maybe you should reconsider. But it does allow to grow as an individual and hold more responsibilities as person just finding their way in life.
Pros
Free lunches, free room, opportunity to meet new people
Cons
Restricting work hours that force you to stay in the dorm, strict deadlines, some of the management
Great Learning Experience
Integrated Media/Photography Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 14, 2017
While managing the photo labs, I learned a lot about the chemistry and components of the printers used. It was great getting to help fellow students as we all were learning how to pursue our passion.
Excellent management
Radiological Safety Officer, Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 6, 2017
flexible hours to work around your thesis. The position can be dangerous so make sure to follow all protocols properly. Management is very helpful and kind. I truly enjoyed my time there.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
health risk
Enjoyed working as a Graduate Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNMay 30, 2017
Graduate Teaching assistant gave me an opportunity to design class projects and assist the students with their doubts learning c# coding. I really loved this work as it gave me a chance lo learn different ways a code can be written for one problem, their mistakes helped me to debug the code and enhance my knowledge in the coding and teaching areas
Encouraging work enviroment in the Archives
Digitization Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNMay 24, 2017
This is a State University, many of the conditions that I worked under are regulated by the state and federal government. I worked in the archives in the Miller Center. I worked as a digitization technician for three years and digitized over 50,000 items using a variety of scanners from Epson Expression 1640XL & 11000XL, Epson GT-S50, and Konica Minolta PS7000C mk. II.
very productive and friendly environment
Community Advisor, Residential Life (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNMay 16, 2017
I work as a RA/ CA in Residential life in St. Cloud State University. I loved this job because I met a lot of people, learned a lot and grew up a lot in the process. This job taught me about community building, event planning, confronting people making bad choices but in a calm manner, balancing multiple tasks at the same time and a lot. I really enjoyed working with people and being a leader.
Pros
learning opportunities while meeting new people
Cons
I work where I live which sometimes makes me feel like I don't have my own space
Professional environment with people to shared the same passion to help young adults, as myself.
Community Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 14, 2017
A typical day at work was calm, with at least one outing for the floor. On a typical day I would be available in my room with my door open to answer any questions my residents may have. Through this journey I learned that living on campus, working and going to school at the same time presents many conflicts for students. Additionally, I learned how to resolve these conflicts by becoming familiar with the resources necessary for students to thrive in that environment, and sharing that with them. Management consisted of our Residential Hall Director and Assistant Hall Director.
The hardest part of the job was planning events around everyone's schedule, since they were all different. But the most enjoyable part was being able to build and maintain meaningful relationships.
Education and great first hand experience
Athletic Training Student (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 15, 2017
Your workload can vary depending on what team you are working with or what clinic you are working with. The skills and techniques I have learned during this experience will help me to further myself in future careers.
Challenging environment
dazed and confused (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNMarch 2, 2017
VERY dedicated people focused on students - unfortunately they don't always work together to achieve results. Chronic budget shortage leads to more work being done by fewer people and a great deal of frustration.
Pros
Great and Dedicated staff
Cons
Declining enrollment and budget
Fun workplace with super cool supervisor. Always supportive
Graduate Assistant (GA) (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 26, 2017
My work is to create, modify and maintain database of students. Invoicing companies for the work done by the interns in their company. Creating detailed payroll reports of interns.

I have learnt many things. I would like to start with Discipline, work Culture in USA and it's difference from the one in India. I have gained Management Skills as I used to Coordinate and Manage multiple conferences and camps through my tenure as GA.

I used to enjoy doing my work so, there is no such part as hardest.
Productive and Challenging
Graduate Assistant, Department of MEM (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 14, 2016
Accomplished over a year relevant professional experience, responsible and challenging position as a Business Analyst where my knowledge and experience was shared and enriched.
I liked it there.
Assistant Professor of English (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 14, 2016
A fair work place. People got along I got along well with my colleagues.My co workers were very nice but not very sociable. That could have been because of my different background. I had a very I actually enjoyed working there. I enjoyed teaching there.
Decent Workplace
Graduate Intern (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 15, 2016
SCSU is a nice, mid-sized university in which I enjoy working for. The only downfall is that the school buildings and a majority of campus are outdated/needs to be remodeled (due to lack of funds).
Pros
Beautiful campus; pleasant coworkers
good student work
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 10, 2016
as a student this job is great. You get a lot of experience working with many different kinds of people and different settings. As a student you are provided time to do your homework as well if needed.
St. Cloud State University
Graduate Assistant- Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 25, 2016
Working here as a graduate assistant has been an amazing experience. I have been able to network with many other Student Affairs professionals and make an impact on our student lives.