St. Cloud State University Employee Reviews

Awesome place to get experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNJune 16, 2015
Working at St. Cloud State as an undergrad student gave me a chance to practice my teaching skills. I learned to work with people from different backgrounds and also learned to balance school and work. The management was awesome and encounters with different people was the most enjoyable part of the job.
St. Cloud Workplace desription
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), St. Cloud State, MNMay 28, 2015
Worked with the Women's Soccer, Track and Field sport teams. It was my responsibility to get all athletes ready for practice while also managing and teaching ATEP students. During practice hours it was my responsibility to deal with athletic injuries. After practice was reserved for paper work and rehabilitation exercises. I learned how to become my own athletic trainer, I learned how to better managed my time, communicate with other staff and coaches. The hardest part of the job was dealing with injuries that I had no control over. The most enjoyable part of my job was having relationships with all the other Athletic Training staff and all of my athletes.
Fast-paced tutor center
Biology Tutor (Current Employee), St. Cloud, MNApril 20, 2015
I tutor students seeking help in Cell Function and Inheritance, Organismal Diversity, Genetics, Cell Biology, and Microbiology courses. Most students need help understanding difficult biological concepts, writing lab reports, or solving complex problem sets. Tutoring biology is very enjoyable because I find fulfillment in seeing my students succeed. The most difficult part is trying to lead the student in the right direction without telling them the answer to their question.
Worked as Graduate Assistance
Husky Tech Expert (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: increased confidence to deal with others
Cons: short term job during college period only
I worked as Graduate Assistance in Computer Science Department. I assisted for Elements of Computing course which was regarding HTML and JavaScript. Basically I leaned how to teach and deal with others. The professor I worked with was very helpful.
Great opportunity
Entrepreneurship Internship (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 19, 2015
Great internship, I learned a lot about all aspects of consulting a company.
Great for Skill Biulding
Manufacturing Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: high learning curve
This is a great on campus job for someone that wants to work in manufacturing. You will start out pushing a broom and in no time you will be learning welding techniques and running engine lathes. This is not a work study job, but a work experience position.
Productive and highly instructive research opportunity with industry support
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNDecember 23, 2014
Conducting undergraduate research on nanoporous anodic alumina is one of the highlights of my undergraduate career at St. Cloud State University. Over the course of six months I gained more hands-on experience than I did throughout college by learning to use cutting-edge technology such as AFM and SEM; I also became acquainted with clean room processes and protocols. In addition, this experience boosted my communication skills through regular correspondence with faculty and industry partners.
Good job
Audio-visual Technician (Former Employee), St. Cloud, MN 56301November 24, 2014
Pros: flexible, develops problem solving skills, develops technological aptitude
Cons: high stress at times
This Job was nice as a students because you could create your own schedule. Hours varied based on activities going on during the week. Learned problem solving skills and developed technological aptitude. Worked with a diverse clientele which provided variety and made the job interesting. Job also allowed for creativity and collaboration when meeting clients audio-visual needs.
Workplace bullying
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), St. CloudSeptember 30, 2014
This is hostile university where students, faculty, and staff are mistreated. Administration knows this and does nothing. I would not recommend this place.
Excellent education opportunity for students
Fixed term professor of biology (Current Employee), St. Cloud, MNMay 29, 2014
Pros: collegiality and friendliness of coworkers
Cons: currently the funding for higher education makes job security difficult
SCSU provides an academic environment that stimulates students and their professors.
Productive and fun place to work.
Residence Hall Director (Former Employee), St Cloud, MNMay 20, 2014
I enjoyed my time there very much and learned a lot while working with professionals and student staff.
Productive and fun loving
Graduate Assistant - Information Systems (Former Employee), saint cloud, MNMay 20, 2014
fun loving
lovely place to work
good team members
lovely atmosphere
Secretary (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNApril 21, 2014
Enjoyable place to work. My supervisor was extremely understanding and was always making sure that I was managing my work and school appropriately.
Fun place to work with professors and the community
Planetarium Tour Guide/Web designer (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNApril 17, 2014
Pros: flexiable hours and breaks, working at your own pace, meeting people
Cons: bad delegation from management, slow on communication
Come in every day to do some simple tasks like check emails and phone calls, then work on projects and tasks dealing with the planetarium and website. Management pretty lacked with giving tasks but pretty much manageable work. Everyone was pretty cool to work with. Didn't like dealing with incomplete details on my task from my boss and didn't like that they push you aside for other people when they said that they wanted to go over things with you. Liked working with the public and teaching astronomy to them.
Good working environment
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNApril 1, 2014
high rating. It was a nice place to work as a student. Enjoyed my 4 year of college at the school.
Always challenging and enjoyable surroundings
Research Assistant/Intern (Current Employee), Department of Biological SciencesMarch 26, 2014
Pros: stimulating and challenging independent laboratory work
Cons: low or no pay
I've very much enjoyed working in the microbiology laboratory at St. Cloud State University. There are always challenges involved with gene cloning and protein expression yet I think these challenges make the work exciting and stimulating. My coworkers are passionate about their studies and their research which makes for a very supportive and collaborative environment.
It was a fun practium
Game Day Operations (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNMarch 14, 2014
It was fun getting to know the staff and kids, looking for similar opportunities with pay and benefits
Easy going and creative environment
TA (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: limited ability to move up
A typical day at work was intense but satisfying. My coworkers were kind and helpful. I learned a lot about teamwork and group brainstorming.The job itself was very rewarding and enjoyable.
that job was the beast!
Film Crew Member (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNDecember 19, 2013
Pros: i was able attend every practice and home game, working with the film crew.
Cons: learning quickly how to use each piece of equipment
Working with the SCSU football team allowed me to expand my knowledge of the sport and to explore the different aspect of it. I was able to attend every practice and home game, working with the film crew. I learned how to use the program Hudl when filming practices and games; I also ran the scoreboard during practices for each drill. My coworkers were very friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of this job was jumping in and learning quickly how to use each piece of equipment, but with the help of coaches and supervisors they made it enjoyable. The most enjoyable part was getting to know a lot of people and being able to be a part of an amazing sport.
Fun place to work and lerarn
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Cloud, MnSeptember 26, 2013
Accounting I & II, Business Law, Financing, Management, Marketing, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Business Information Systems, Business Statistics, Business Economics I & II, Business Mathematics I & II, Insurance & Real Estate, Communication Studies, etc.