St. Cloud State University Employee Reviews

Great learning enviorment
Multicultural Student Support Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 30, 2015
Long hours during the season, but still great experience. A typical day would be, coaches film session in the mourning. Spend most of the late morning and early afternoon preparing for practice. then practice late afternoon, then another film session early evening.
Teaching assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  st. cloud, MNOctober 15, 2015
Performed several duties as instructed by the professors and assisted them in performing their work efficiently.
Managed CSCI computer lab and provided technical IT assistance to students.
Fun place to learn and work at the same time.
Machine Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 19, 2015
Fun place to learn and work at the same time. it's a good place to grow and develop good skills. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop
Productive, eye opening, engaging, slow at times and busy at others etc.
Night Security Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 30, 2015
A typical day being a Night Security Assistant always changes. The environment can be fun yet stressful but my coworkers always seems to make the job worth it as well as all of the faculty. The experience it what has been gained.
Awesome place to get experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 16, 2015
Working at St. Cloud State as an undergrad student gave me a chance to practice my teaching skills. I learned to work with people from different backgrounds and also learned to balance school and work. The management was awesome and encounters with different people was the most enjoyable part of the job.
St. Cloud Workplace desription
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud State, MNMay 28, 2015
Worked with the Women's Soccer, Track and Field sport teams. It was my responsibility to get all athletes ready for practice while also managing and teaching ATEP students. During practice hours it was my responsibility to deal with athletic injuries. After practice was reserved for paper work and rehabilitation exercises. I learned how to become my own athletic trainer, I learned how to better managed my time, communicate with other staff and coaches. The hardest part of the job was dealing with injuries that I had no control over. The most enjoyable part of my job was having relationships with all the other Athletic Training staff and all of my athletes.
Fast-paced tutor center
Biology Tutor (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNApril 20, 2015
I tutor students seeking help in Cell Function and Inheritance, Organismal Diversity, Genetics, Cell Biology, and Microbiology courses. Most students need help understanding difficult biological concepts, writing lab reports, or solving complex problem sets. Tutoring biology is very enjoyable because I find fulfillment in seeing my students succeed. The most difficult part is trying to lead the student in the right direction without telling them the answer to their question.
Worked as Graduate Assistance
Husky Tech Expert (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 28, 2015
I worked as Graduate Assistance in Computer Science Department. I assisted for Elements of Computing course which was regarding HTML and JavaScript. Basically I leaned how to teach and deal with others. The professor I worked with was very helpful.
Pros
increased confidence to deal with others
Cons
short term job during college period only
Great opportunity
Entrepreneurship Internship (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 19, 2015
Great internship, I learned a lot about all aspects of consulting a company.
Great for Skill Biulding
Manufacturing Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 6, 2015
This is a great on campus job for someone that wants to work in manufacturing. You will start out pushing a broom and in no time you will be learning welding techniques and running engine lathes. This is not a work study job, but a work experience position.
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
high learning curve
Productive and highly instructive research opportunity with industry support
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 23, 2014
Conducting undergraduate research on nanoporous anodic alumina is one of the highlights of my undergraduate career at St. Cloud State University. Over the course of six months I gained more hands-on experience than I did throughout college by learning to use cutting-edge technology such as AFM and SEM; I also became acquainted with clean room processes and protocols. In addition, this experience boosted my communication skills through regular correspondence with faculty and industry partners.
Good job
Audio-visual Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MN 56301November 24, 2014
This Job was nice as a students because you could create your own schedule. Hours varied based on activities going on during the week. Learned problem solving skills and developed technological aptitude. Worked with a diverse clientele which provided variety and made the job interesting. Job also allowed for creativity and collaboration when meeting clients audio-visual needs.
Pros
flexible, develops problem solving skills, develops technological aptitude
Cons
high stress at times
Workplace bullying
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  St. CloudSeptember 30, 2014
This is hostile university where students, faculty, and staff are mistreated. Administration knows this and does nothing. I would not recommend this place.
Excellent education opportunity for students
Fixed term professor of biology (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNMay 29, 2014
SCSU provides an academic environment that stimulates students and their professors.
Pros
collegiality and friendliness of coworkers
Cons
currently the funding for higher education makes job security difficult
Productive and fun place to work.
Residence Hall Director (Former Employee) –  St Cloud, MNMay 20, 2014
I enjoyed my time there very much and learned a lot while working with professionals and student staff.
Productive and fun loving
Graduate Assistant - Information Systems (Former Employee) –  saint cloud, MNMay 20, 2014
fun loving
lovely place to work
good team members
lovely atmosphere
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 21, 2014
Enjoyable place to work. My supervisor was extremely understanding and was always making sure that I was managing my work and school appropriately.
Fun place to work with professors and the community
Planetarium Tour Guide/Web designer (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 17, 2014
Come in every day to do some simple tasks like check emails and phone calls, then work on projects and tasks dealing with the planetarium and website. Management pretty lacked with giving tasks but pretty much manageable work. Everyone was pretty cool to work with. Didn't like dealing with incomplete details on my task from my boss and didn't like that they push you aside for other people when they said that they wanted to go over things with you. Liked working with the public and teaching astronomy to them.
Pros
flexiable hours and breaks, working at your own pace, meeting people
Cons
bad delegation from management, slow on communication
Good working environment
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 1, 2014
high rating. It was a nice place to work as a student. Enjoyed my 4 year of college at the school.
Always challenging and enjoyable surroundings
Research Assistant/Intern (Current Employee) –  Department of Biological SciencesMarch 26, 2014
I've very much enjoyed working in the microbiology laboratory at St. Cloud State University. There are always challenges involved with gene cloning and protein expression yet I think these challenges make the work exciting and stimulating. My coworkers are passionate about their studies and their research which makes for a very supportive and collaborative environment.
Pros
stimulating and challenging independent laboratory work
Cons
low or no pay

4.4