St. Cloud State University Employee Reviews

Productive and Challenging
Graduate Assistant, Department of MEM (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 14, 2016
Accomplished over a year relevant professional experience, responsible and challenging position as a Business Analyst where my knowledge and experience was shared and enriched.
I liked it there.
Assistant Professor of English (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 14, 2016
A fair work place. People got along I got along well with my colleagues.My co workers were very nice but not very sociable. That could have been because of my different background. I had a very I actually enjoyed working there. I enjoyed teaching there.
Great student employment opportunity
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 16, 2016
The position of AV technician at St. Cloud State University offered a chance to gain experience and earn a living while attending college. The position is technically classified as a work-study opportunity. While on the job, troubleshooting skills and critical thinking are among the most necessary requirements.
Pros
Choose your own hours, Work as often as you want, Learn new concepts/technology, Great managerial staff
Cons
Limited opportunity for advancement, Entry level wage
Decent Workplace
Graduate Intern (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 15, 2016
SCSU is a nice, mid-sized university in which I enjoy working for. The only downfall is that the school buildings and a majority of campus are outdated/needs to be remodeled (due to lack of funds).
Pros
Beautiful campus; pleasant coworkers
good student work
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 10, 2016
as a student this job is great. You get a lot of experience working with many different kinds of people and different settings. As a student you are provided time to do your homework as well if needed.
Graduate Assistant & Teaching Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 13, 2012
Taught for 3.5 years -- 2.5 years as GA, 1 year as TA. Taught listening/speaking, reading/writing as a GA. Had weekly meetings with cohorts and large groups. Many materials and ideas provided by the department chair -- the BEST support! GA salary is for full time stipend.
Graded composition papers as a TA. Filled in for some classes.
Pros
resources, trainings
Cons
position dependent upon m. a. program
St. Cloud State University
Graduate Assistant- Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 25, 2016
Working here as a graduate assistant has been an amazing experience. I have been able to network with many other Student Affairs professionals and make an impact on our student lives.
I learn new electrical engineering concepts everyday.
Student Researcher for Zycom LLC (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMarch 8, 2016
A typical work day involves researching or solving a particular problem in a timely manner. Guidance is provided by a residing professor who takes the time to explain concepts and presents avenues for advancement.
Great learning enviorment
Multicultural Student Support Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 30, 2015
Long hours during the season, but still great experience. A typical day would be, coaches film session in the mourning. Spend most of the late morning and early afternoon preparing for practice. then practice late afternoon, then another film session early evening.
Productive, fun lab work place
Research Assistant I (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNApril 1, 2016
Typical day at work included running different tests on polymer samples in the lab. Coworkers, team was in good energy, good vibes and educational in a sense that our conversation during work was about our field of expertise.
It was a fun practium
Game Day Operations (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMarch 14, 2014
It was fun getting to know the staff and kids, looking for similar opportunities with pay and benefits
Front Desk
Office & Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJanuary 15, 2016
It's a steady Health Services offered to St. Cloud state students. Two medical doctors, two NP providers, and one registered nurse. It also has a full lab and pharmacy available for students. Nice, friendly and helpful staff.
Fun place to work with professors and the community
Planetarium Tour Guide/Web designer (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 17, 2014
Come in every day to do some simple tasks like check emails and phone calls, then work on projects and tasks dealing with the planetarium and website. Management pretty lacked with giving tasks but pretty much manageable work. Everyone was pretty cool to work with. Didn't like dealing with incomplete details on my task from my boss and didn't like that they push you aside for other people when they said that they wanted to go over things with you. Liked working with the public and teaching astronomy to them.
Pros
Flexiable hours and breaks, working at your own pace, meeting people
Cons
bad delegation from management, slow on communication
Productive and highly instructive research opportunity with industry support
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 23, 2014
Conducting undergraduate research on nanoporous anodic alumina is one of the highlights of my undergraduate career at St. Cloud State University. Over the course of six months I gained more hands-on experience than I did throughout college by learning to use cutting-edge technology such as AFM and SEM; I also became acquainted with clean room processes and protocols. In addition, this experience boosted my communication skills through regular correspondence with faculty and industry partners.
St. Cloud Workplace desription
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud State, MNMay 28, 2015
Worked with the Women's Soccer, Track and Field sport teams. It was my responsibility to get all athletes ready for practice while also managing and teaching ATEP students. During practice hours it was my responsibility to deal with athletic injuries. After practice was reserved for paper work and rehabilitation exercises. I learned how to become my own athletic trainer, I learned how to better managed my time, communicate with other staff and coaches. The hardest part of the job was dealing with injuries that I had no control over. The most enjoyable part of my job was having relationships with all the other Athletic Training staff and all of my athletes.
good place to work
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 20, 2013
good place to work, no opportunity for advancement
good co workers
management lets you do your job
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
parking fees
that job was the beast!
Film Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNDecember 19, 2013
Working with the SCSU football team allowed me to expand my knowledge of the sport and to explore the different aspect of it. I was able to attend every practice and home game, working with the film crew. I learned how to use the program Hudl when filming practices and games; I also ran the scoreboard during practices for each drill. My coworkers were very friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of this job was jumping in and learning quickly how to use each piece of equipment, but with the help of coaches and supervisors they made it enjoyable. The most enjoyable part was getting to know a lot of people and being able to be a part of an amazing sport.
Pros
I was able attend every practice and home game, working with the film crew.
Cons
Learning quickly how to use each piece of equipment
Awesome place to get experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 16, 2015
Working at St. Cloud State as an undergrad student gave me a chance to practice my teaching skills. I learned to work with people from different backgrounds and also learned to balance school and work. The management was awesome and encounters with different people was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Fun workplace with a lot of educational opportunities.
Football film crew (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 24, 2013
Fast-paced tutor center
Biology Tutor (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNApril 20, 2015
I tutor students seeking help in Cell Function and Inheritance, Organismal Diversity, Genetics, Cell Biology, and Microbiology courses. Most students need help understanding difficult biological concepts, writing lab reports, or solving complex problem sets. Tutoring biology is very enjoyable because I find fulfillment in seeing my students succeed. The most difficult part is trying to lead the student in the right direction without telling them the answer to their question.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Cloud State University. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Cloud State University Reviews by Location