St. Coletta of Greater Washington Employee Reviews in United States

Dont do it
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 29, 2016
The kids are great but the management runs a slave ship for all colors, they treat everyone loke dirt, when you get hurt on the job its not their problem. If you have a voice of your own when you feel like something isnt right...even being a advocate for yhe kids...your a target...please dont set yourself up for misfortune
Pros
Kids
Cons
Everything else
Not a great company
Class ParaProfessional (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 9, 2015
This company is very sneaky and only make sure administrative are put first. The students are not a priority to the Administrative, but are to the Lead Teachers and lower staff. A typical day at this job involves behavioral issues, but the kids are such a blessing. The hardest part is trying to not react to the kids reaction. The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that you are able to give back to individuals that actually need help and seeing progress from them becoming independent.
Great team atmosphere
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 18, 2016
St. Coletta is a great place for physical therapists to gain valuable pediatrics experience. Students range from age 3-22 and present with various physical conditions. A large staff and family environment allow for good work environment and work/life balance.
Work experience
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 14, 2015
This is definitely a starter job to get some experience in the education field. Extremely hard to stay because of long hours, high demands, and low appreciation. Majority of classrooms are understaffed and underpaid, but easy to grow because of the high turnover rate. The best part is working with this company are the students, watching them progress month to month and knowing you had an impact. Parents also show much appreciation which can be rewarding.
general, yet honest
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 28, 2016
The kids are great! It can be a very enriching experience, if you have patience and a genuine love for children with special needs. It's very demanding, yet rewarding.
Worst job ever!
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 9, 2015
The turn over rate is ridiculous mainly because they treat the staff poorly. Any complaints? Unless you're a house manager or teacher your concerns aren't viable or addressed. The culture at St. Colleta is disrespectful to say the least worst job by far I ever had!
Pros
If your desperate for money perfect
Cons
lunch breaks, poor management, tense environment, unsanitary conditions
A beautiful building, wonderful participants, and great support staff.
Employment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 28, 2015
St. Coletta of Greater Washington, is a wonderful company. I had the privilege working for this company for almost two years. Everyone is wonderful to work with.
Pros
great company
Cons
n/a
The Kids are great
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 10, 2015
The kids are great and it is a great beginning experience.You learn a lot from the kids basically just as much as they learn.
Productive, Fun Workplace
Adult Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 16, 2014
I enjoyed my time here at this company. The management team was great and fun to learn and work with as well as learn from. A typical day at work is welcoming all the participants every morning and checking them in on daily basis. Next I would file all my documentation of checking in with my supervisor and after i would go straight and start working with my one-to-one participant, Where i would teach them vocational jobs skills in order to help them find a job that best suite them in the workforce. My Co-worker was a great group of people to work with, They was also a great helping hand whenever I needed them.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short lunch break
wonderful and fun work environment
Paraprofessional/Classroom Aid (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 7, 2014
Providing one-to-one support to an assigned student and assists the teacher in daily classroom tasks. Making a learning environment which improves and develops the student's social, communication and intellectual skill. Using my knowledge of and implementing the assigned student's Individual Education Plan (IEP) goals and objectives. Data collection and documentation of students’ progress and maintain student portfolios. It is a team work based environment, and very fast paced.
Pros
field trips, great benefits
Cons
fast paced and unpredictable
Great place to start....
Adult Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 26, 2013
A typical day at work is requires me to have my day activities planned ahead. Make sure participants are escorted to their appropriate or group rooms. When my group is completely gathered together, a morning activity is provided. Or some participants independently work on an activity of their choice. We work on themed arts and craft projects throughout the day, and personal/individualized goal achieving activities .
Management is management. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a participant execute a goal that they have been working on then using it as if it came naturally to them.
Pros
benefits and leave and no weekends
Cons
hourly wages
Enjoyable school with all the materials needed for the children needs
Paraprofessional – Special Education (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 31, 2013
Seeing the children exit the bus in the morning greeting them was a plus. That all the children needed is love and patience and I have lots to give. Management was a little difficult i feel it was new to most of the Teachers their because some was straight from college and never dealt with the children. Feeling that you can do more when you are actually doing whats needed. Seeing the children face when you are having a hard time away from work. And knowing I am making a difference.
Rewarding
Adult Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodmont Weavers located in Ballston, VAAugust 5, 2013
I worked with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a weaving workshop. Although all of them have disabilities, it did not show in their weaving craft. I've seen some beautiful work. I provided supervision to make sure the weaving was correct, the looms were set up for weaving projects, and encouraged the participants to do their best.
Pros
love working with talented people, rewarding work, provided excellent training
Kids with disablitiy
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 6, 2012
I had a little boy I work with every day, he bought joy with his smile. We did have our ups and downs but we move pass all of that. It was a blessing to see him put a puzzle together. that lets me know my hard work had paid off.
Pros
my student was looking forward to seeing me every day
Cons
had to wait in the cold. staff did not have a place to park
awful
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 29, 2014
worst job ever! the management is horrible! turnover rate was not because of the participants as they would say it was because there was no structure. the bosses did not know what they were doing. so thankful got out of that sink hole.
Pros
participants
Cons
management, pay, no structure
Great for kids with special needs not for employees
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 15, 2014
A pretty cool program for kids, but they do not care about their employees. A huge turnover rate. Great resources but not worth it.
Pros
turnover rate, terrible management
Cons
resources, great kids
Awesome Clients and Families
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 13, 2013
Overall, a really good place to work. The individuals served are absolutely amazing and its hard not to enjoy them. Days can be difficult but the victories make each day worth while.
fun
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 31, 2012
nice building, fun to work with participants, fairly new management who are trying their best to work things out, hardest part of the job is drama by coworkers
Great Place to Work
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 10, 2012
Great Boss, Great Staff. Can get pretty crazy at times but that kept things interesting.
Pros
lots of holidays off
Cons
dc traffic is not the greatest
A great organization, with a great mission.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 13, 2014
St. Coletta does wonderful work at the school. I learned a lot during my time there.

2.9