St. Croix Hospice

St. Croix Hospice United States Employee Reviews

Poor Management and lack of policy and procdures and holding people accountable
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Oakdale, MNOctober 10, 2014
Pros: christmas party and making your own scheduel
Cons: on call without compansation, expecting you to live for company before your family, communication!!!!!!!
This company prefers to hire new grads as they can dangle them like puppets as they do not know a lot. They do not train thoroughly on end of life so the staff are going into the field blindsided and have to BS there way to get families to trust them. The field staff are great and work together well, but that is because they communicate with each other. The biggest thing this company is lacking is communication. If you keep quiet and don't complain and try to understand the whys as you are trying to keep your license safe. You are golden. They hire management or better yet promote staff to management when they don't even understand the company in general. Again they like the newbies cause they stay quiet and upper management can treat them like puppets. They base their visit frequency on personal gain. Visits are not based on pt needs it is based on census and if the nurses want to be home by noon and be paid for a full days work. The Patient Service director/Clinical supervisors makes rules that meet her needs and so from day to day so you do not know if what you are doing is correct as it changes and they refuse to write policy's on anything. It is the most unorganized, un professional company I have ever worked for and it is very unfortunate as the mission that the company holds I believe in but I don't think the company follows it anymore.
RN's are constantly turning over there as the company does not know how to treat their employees.
Productive and fun workplace
Office Support Volunteer (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNJune 30, 2014
Management was easy-going and approachable with a sense of humor when things were stressful.
Hospice Aide (Former Employee), Oakdale, MNMay 15, 2014
I loved working for St. Croix Hospice. The culture is great, I'd let anyone there care for a loved one of mine, if needed. Awesome company.
Externship (Former Employee), Oakdale MNApril 1, 2014
When I was there the company was in process of transferring from paper to electronic medical records. Most of the records I dealt with were paper medical records, I put medical records together for new patients and put paper work that nurses brought in, into the correct medical record. It was a great way to get some experience and to find out if this was something I would enjoy doing. Management was great they were able to help me stay busy when there were slow times. I was able to help assist others in the office with anything they needed to get finished but did not have time to do. The hardest part of the job, well it was a very small room so I had to occupy myself with keeping busy when there was not work to do. I enjoyed the job a lot it was a great learning experience and would love to continue working with medical records.
Over promised, under delivered.
Not a former employee. (Former Employee), OakdaleNovember 27, 2013
Pros: not many
Cons: too many to list
I am a family member who used these services. I regret that we did now in hindsight, You only get one chance at end-of-life. make sure you really want hospice involved and if you do, you talk to several to see who will work best for your family's needs.
High amount of firings, poor management
HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGER (Former Employee), Oakdale, MNOctober 22, 2013
Pros: some training opportunities
Cons: poor management, few to no breaks, job insecurity
Typical day: non-stop expectation and pressure to complete a huge amount of work and the duties that are handed down to you. Breaks are few because of the work load. Training is limited but expectations are high to learn very quickly and make few to no mistakes.
Management: are not focused on patient care and morale obligations to the well being of staff. Attitudes were awful. They care about money and how to make more of it. Supervisor said they liked it when patients died quickly because those are the patients they "make bank" from.
Co-workers: disgruntled, overworked, and fearful of losing their jobs-which many of them did unfairly. Many of the staff were compassionate, caring, and hard working because they focused on the patients.
Hardest part of the job: really bad management, job insecurity, no help for work load.
Horrible;Avoid at all cost
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), OakdaleAugust 9, 2013
Pros: you can get hired quick and easy
Cons: it will make you hate your job and you will be miserable
This place is like working in hell. I have never experienced such an unfriendly, corrupt dictatorship they call management in my life. They tell you exactly what you want to hear to get you to take the job and then after you are in they change it all on you. Expect the job to include on call, holidays, weekends, and long hours not to mention beating on your car about 1200 miles a month. They can't hold employees because of the conditions so the turnover is high and the work load is pushed on the nurses that are there. You will be expected to be a case manager, a admit nurse, an aid, and an LPN. They say you are only one upon hire other but then they make you work beneath your licensure and perform other duties. I wouldn't apply here if it was my last option. I have been a nurse a long time and I have never been treated so poorly in my life. I left before a year. I could not deal with it anymore. It affects your personal life ,family life, and your mental state. The nurses are all unhappy and often you will see them crying, upset, and frustrated.
Good values, lacks organization and leadership
On call/ Triage RN (Former Employee), Oakdale, MNOctober 1, 2012
Pros: worked out of home
Cons: 15 hour nights 2-3 nights a week
Hospice was a great experience. Employees are nice and friendly. Lacks leadership and organization. Under paid for the amount of work done.

St. Croix Hospice Salaries