St. Croix Hospice Employee Reviews

My Dream Job
Social Worker/bereavement coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hermantown, MNJuly 21, 2017
I think it depends on the atmosphere at the specific branch you work at and who's working there at any given time, kind of like at any job. Overall though, the company is supportive and a great culture to be a part of. The job is the most rewarding and meaningful job ever. You must be open to working hard and willing to do on call for many of the disciplines but for me it's so worth it and when working in hospice you want to be availible to your patients and their families! Their mission and values are so easy to be on board with. I often feel it's too good to be true but it seems to be true!!
Pros
The work we do is so meaningful
Cons
Different branches have their own challenges, have to be willing to work with constant change. Admits happen quick, deaths as well...
Rewarding and fullfulling place to work
RN Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNJuly 9, 2017
St. Croix is a great place to work and they truly put their patients they serve as their top priority. Hospice can be a very difficult job, but the fulfillment and joy that is brought to patients makes it all worth it. You get to be a part of not only the St. Croix family but also play an important role in the families you are serving through hospice care.
worst.place.ever
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJune 16, 2017
The upper management with St Croix Hospice terminate people like it it's FUN. They don't educate them or give them the resources to be successful. The best nurses I know were "let go" because they were not sucking up to management like the others were... The communication is horrible, they over work their RNs and pay is horrible. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Do not do it!
RN-back office (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIJune 11, 2017
Worst company to work for that DO NOT care about their employees! Could care less about the turn over rate and also the hours the RNs work! They expect you to go above and beyond what is "asked of" but if you aren't one of the favorites, you are in trouble! Management had changed and now is controlled by someone who only cares for themselves!
Pros
Get close with coworkers
Great place to work!
RN (Current Employee) –  Platteville, WIJune 5, 2017
I love working at St. Croix Hospice! Hospice is hard work, but very rewarding. Hours vary with being on call and patient needs. There's a lot of flexibility. Management provides the tools and resources needed to be successful. Communication is great and everyone is so supportive! Good pay and benefits.
Not the best place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  MNMay 2, 2017
It wasn't the worst place I have ever worked, but that isn't saying much. This company tends to run its clinical employees into the ground, and they do not listen to input as to how to improve it. But then, they do save a lot of money since people leave after a year or two and then they can hire some new grads at the lowest rate.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Its a short term job unless you are a glutton for punishment
Secure position, no advancement availability
Aide/HIM/Scheduler/Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spencer, IAApril 29, 2017
I was with this company for nearly three years. I started as an aide and moved to the HIM position. I feel like they compensate their marketing and clinical staff better than their office positions. I spent a majority of my time in the office alone. A majority of my training was self taught, though support when I had questions was offered.
If you chose to work for this company I highly recommend only working near the home/cooperate office in Oakdale. The remote offices do not offer internal advancement. Internal job postings are filled by people at the cooperate office. Support is offered, but not consistently received.
I did enjoy my time with this company, for the most part. But it's more of a job than a career.
Pros
Job experience
Cons
Lack of support
Great place to work and excellent team.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 3, 2017
Very nice, flexible, and a great place to work. Plenty of traveling on a daily basis. You help people in their last stages of life. Support family of the dying. Meet people of all types of walks.
Pros
flexability
Cons
travel a lot.
The best
Hospice aide (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 14, 2017
Working for this company is just wonderful I could not ask for a better experience. Although the title I have now is great I have to admit this is one of the best.
I love it here
Finance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNMarch 3, 2017
For anyone looking for a career and not just a job this is the place for you. The team is very supportive and always willing to help each other even across areas of expertise. The benefit package is outstanding. And the on going training offered is top notch. All the tools needed plus some to complete your role are given to you. The management is here to make sure you succeed.
Pros
Always opportunies to learn and grow within your role and within the company.
Cons
As anyone in finance knows, end of months can be busy and a little stressful.
Caring and Compassionate Employees
Lead CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Sartell, MNFebruary 3, 2017
Not only do the employees care about their patients, they care about each other as well.
I learned how to be a great NAR during my tenure. The nurses inspired me to go to school and achieve my nursing degree.
The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the patients and their families. I have met some of the most wonderful people.
Pros
Great pay, great coworkers, meeting new people, traveling to different places through the day can make it go by fast
Cons
Traveling a lot can be tiring
Position
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 31, 2016
Love this job. It was a job that I applied for on a whim, and it was the greatest decision I've made. It's an honor and privledge to work for a rewarding company.
Pros
Get to meet people
Cons
Hours vary due to patients passing
Over worked under paid
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 29, 2016
Rewarding job. Underpaid work in a nursing home and make more raises are hard to come by they can never keep things the way they are for more than 6 months changes constantly territories are always moving which upsets the facilities which management and corporate do not deal with cna n nurses have to deal with it when the facilities are upset Staffing is changing because of being overworked and underpaid
Pros
Flexibility [some of the time]
Cons
Under paid, never know that your day is going to be like until your day is over, long hours when you work weekends, changes all the time
Challenging and fulfilling environment
RN, Case Manager (Former Employee) –  North Branch, MNNovember 16, 2016
Challenging and fulfilling environment with the opportunity to impact patients future and goals in life by providing ongoing, intensive outpatient followup.
Rewarding work unsupported by management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 7, 2016
Rewarding work, awesome local work environment but corporate folks lack commitment to see rural branches succeed. Lack of support for all positions equally.
Pros
Great staff locally
Cons
Lack of corporate support
rewarding work, underpaid, over worked, inconsistent mgmt
RNCM (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 30, 2016
16 hour days plus on-call on a salaried basis, most RNCM don't last a year, training inconsistent and support scant creating tensions in work place; is rewarding work and requires strong emotional base as well as ability to be extremely flexible; management demonstrates little knowledge, understanding of positions creating ineffect contact with field staff
Pros
rewarding work, self scheduling most of time
Cons
underpaid for work, lack of support from mgmt, problem areas seldom resolved in timely manner
Rewarding position
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 26, 2016
The work itself is completely rewarding. It takes a special person to care for a dying patient allowing them dignity during their last few moments on Earth. Promises were made about position advancement/promotion, only to have the job be given to someone else. The admission process went from the nurse contacting the patient and setting up a time that was mutually agreeable, to having the "secretary" set up the admissions. Admits were often scheduled for late afternoon (4pm) or weekends. Each admit takes on average 3 hours; so after seeing patients all day, then doing a late day admit, it wasn't unusual to work a 16 hour day...and this was seen as "ok" by management. Training process was somewhat weak.
Pros
Good benefits, company car, good pay, caring for a special group of patients.
Cons
Long hours, admissions often scheduled for late evening hours, poor work/family life balance
Horrible company to work for
Employee (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 29, 2016
This company grew to fast. 20 year olds in high management positions at corporate office and have no management skills. Nurse's have a high turner
Rate due to burn-out. Over worked...a lot of traveling and on call work. Never get you work done in a day..much charting done in the evening. Weekday and weekend on call. Trading is awful..no one has the correct training to do if you get training. No advancement in position. Ask for more job duties and trained done. Compensation started out good but when no advancement...yearly raise isn't much. Employee turn around is very high. The smaller offices suffer the most..no support from corporate when needed. I would never recommended this company to anyone for any position that is out there.
Cons
Micromanaged. Always given grief when time needed off. Rarely got a lunch. Flexibility not great.
Great place in my mind
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  New Hampton, IAAugust 25, 2016
I have been working here for over 2 years and I am very grateful for the structure and management of this organization. Our office is a tight knit team and our director of patient services is very supportive and understanding. Very flexible and willing to work with me when something comes up in my personal life.

Upper management at corporate are very down to earth people and understanding of our work-life balance. Always promote and encourage a healthy work environment and set us up for success. Wonderful philosophy of care which is patient centered and dedicated to provide the greatest care possible to patients and their families. Awesome benefits to include a company vehicle, awesome on call compensation, and a 401K plan. Ive never felt more supportive than at St. Croix Hospice.
Pros
The people I work with, support from management, and quality of care.
Horrible place to work!
HHA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNAugust 5, 2016
Horrible, horrible place to work. Patients don't get the consistency they deserve and neither do the workers. Workers are treated horribly and disrespected. Don't work there. They are always changing their policies.
Pros
Getting to know the patients and their families better
Cons
Too many to list