St. David's Medical Center

St. David's Medical Center Employee Reviews

Positive, friendly environment
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 17, 2015
I enjoyed working on the neurology unit. Coworkers and supervisors were friendly. The hardest part of the job was driving into Austin because I live in Lockhart.
Horrible place to work DONT WORK HERE
Patient Care Tech II (Former Employee), Austin TXAugust 1, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything low pay hard work they try to push you to the limit, they don't care about you
They retaliate against you for doing the right thing don't work here to many bad things to list but they work you like a dog and don't give proper breaks as they should but they take out your check for them
Great Place to Work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 19, 2015
Everyone loves working here! People are always nice and helpful. Multitasking and having astute attention to detail is important. Management is usually understanding and willing to work with you. You must be punctual to work here. Time clock is a drag, but free ice cream for employees on payday. Cafeteria could be a little better, but not bad overall. Responsibility is important here. People that call in aren't liked very well and usually get pressured to quit.
Great place to work, friendly.
NICU Staff RN (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff, management willing to work with you
Cons: Salary :(
I was "green" when I got hired at St. Davids in NICU. I am thankful they gave me the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of preemie care. SDMC will always be my "home". I will miss it dearly.
Management is awesome. Especially because they were bedside nurses right along side of us years ago and I think that makes a great team.
Co-workers are friendly, willing to help you anytime. I will miss my peers the most.
The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to sit and help a preemie learn to take a bottle! Babies are amazing!
The doctors and NNP's are also very respectful and friendly and trust the nurses. I never had an issue with a doctor in the 10yrs I worked there.
Rehabilitation to those in need
Rehab Tech, I (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 30, 2014
Played a part in the rehabilitation process of patients going through an unexpected change in their lives and their families lives.
Horrible and unorganized management
Registrar (Current Employee), Austin TX St Davids MainNovember 27, 2014
Pros: co-workers were amazing.
Cons: no breaks. lunch breaks rare. horrible management. low compensation compared to other hospitals.
The managers are unorganized, and do not care for their employees. They were constantly understaffed, and the work load was tremendous and stressful. HR for parallon does nothing when there are problems with management. Hardly ever got lunch breaks. Even when I was pregnant.
i was a traveler
Registered Nurse Telemetry Traveler (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 22, 2014
they were not very nice to travelers back in the day. I'm sure it's better now.
not so great
Receptionist/Registrar (Former Employee), austin texasNovember 19, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Respected place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 7, 2014
Pros: self-scheduling
The most enjoyable part of the job is caring for adult patients. I typically work as a critical care RRT and enjoy working with the nursing staff and Critical Care physicians.
Exccellent work environment
PRN Chaplain (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 22, 2014
St. David's is consistently rated among the top 100 hospitals in the nation, and there is a reason for that. Attention to detail and quality of care is a must. That can add stress to the job, but because everyone works together to successfully administer that excellent care, the work is not overwhelming.

The only drawback to working here is that the hospital was often under-staffed, which made for a heavy workload at times. That situation was much better here than in other places, however.
Great Place to experience
Patient Care Technician Level 2 (Current Employee), Austin,TXJanuary 27, 2014
St. Davids provides a diverse health care atmosphere with many incentives to continue education within a specified role needed for fulfillment.
Bullying, Lying all normal in the culture
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 17, 2013
Pros: there are some really great people too
Cons: read the review...too many to mention. fire management.
I have never seen more favoritism, lying, unprofessionalism anywhere else like I saw at St. David's Medical center. I saw things that routinely put patients in danger, and when I reported it, I started getting written up for complete lies. DO NOT WORK THERE.
The ER craziness
Patient Registrar (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 11, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: stress level
Working at the hospital was a different experience but it was a lot of fun.
Harsh Dictatorial Managers
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee), AustinOctober 16, 2013
Pros: coworkers are typically friendly
Cons: management
They are always looking for something and unreasonable in their demands. keep adding piles of work, requiremnets but no increase in pay or benefits.
Amazing place to work
Substitute Registered School Nurse (Former Employee), Del Valle, TXAugust 31, 2013
Pros: fast-paced
Cons: large turnabount
I would have never left if I had not moved away.
Awesome co-workers and management.
please review my resume
Supervisor of Admissions/Patient Access (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 17, 2013
Pros: people you meet
This is a very busy job. But that is ok, due to this is a hospital and making people feel better makes everything ok.
Great place to work supports staff and has great updates to making a nurses life easier
Director of Nursing (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 2, 2013
Pros: large system with multiple sites
Cons: streamlining process sometimes not well thought out
Nursing work is always hard but the leadership at St. David's was a pleasure to work with. Great supportive Directors of Nursing from various opportunities. Allows staff to maximize their potential. The hardest part of the job is that things cannot be changed quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job I had there was the education provided, support for getting higher education, and long term employees.
Freindly
Environmental Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 11, 2013
Pros: positive attitudes
This facility was the most welcoming place I have ever worked.
Great coworkers
Pharmacy (Current Employee), Austin, TXDecember 21, 2012
Pharmacy management is below mediocre! Hard working technicians have been chased away and have been replaced with inexperienced techs. Too many supervisors who can't seem to make a schedule or handle call ins leaving it to the sick employee to find own coverage for shift!
Challenging and Rewarding
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 24, 2012
Pros: great views of the ut campus
Cons: nursing staff shortage
I work with an excellent team of Nurses and an awesome team of physicians and nurse practitioners.
Industry