St. Dominic Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 7, 2017
Wonderful place to work. The staff is great and nurses are awesome! I would recommend this hospital to others. Caring, Helpful, Understanding, Willing to listen.
Pros
Meals
Fun place to work
BEHAVORIAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 15, 2017
My experience here was a meaningful experience working with patients and co- workers. My most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know each patients .
Great place to work, great benefits, pay average with area hospitals
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 11, 2017
Great place to work. I worked at St. Dominic's for 4 years on 4 North, observation unit. Was fast paced, but worked with a great team that pulled together to help each other out. Had great benefits and pay competitive with area hospitals. I would strongly recommend working for St. Dominic. St. Dominic would train and offer classes for nurses to become TB certified, would train nurse onsite with nurse bring compensated while being trained. Great benefits including health, dental , vision, 401k, flexible spending account options, short and long term disability. Great pharmacy (Farlow's) located in the facility.
Pros
Flexible company, compassionate, competitive pay, flexible hours
Cons
Long walk from parking garage to hospital
Workable enviroment
Insurance Claims Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 26, 2017
Its a great place to work. Staff and employees are team players. Besides have to wait on a parking spot for 2 years its a great job and a wonderful experience.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
St Dominic
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 25, 2017
St. Dominic is a awesome work place and i would recommend anyone to work there. Do your work and always be friendly and open minded to everyone. I see St Dominic as a retirement job.
Great Place
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MS 39216July 7, 2017
I only work there two months and i loved it. The staff was very nice and i loved the patient. Sometime it was a little busy and you had no help, but most of the time patient were very understanding.
productive work place.
Clinical Rotation Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 1, 2017
very comfortable environment. Employees are very helpful. This facility provides great learning opportunities for students. The physicians always provided learning opportunities for me. Very diverse culture for the workplace.
Busy hospital
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 23, 2017
St. Dominic is a good place to work, but as any hospital would be, it gets very busy. Most employees are reasonable and hardworking; however, there are quite a few nurses who are irritable and hard to get along with.
It depends on which department you work for at St. Dominic
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 5, 2017
St.dominic could be better for as environmental services they just have to much going on. They put to much on you and expect it to get done in one day
Er
Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse, Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 4, 2017
Busy ER in Stroke Capitol of the South, only comprehensive stroke center in MS, 502 bed hospital, Areas top stroke and chest pain centers, great physicians
Medical Technologist-Microbiology (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 24, 2017
Overall, this is well balanced placed to work. This organization has a relatively low-stress environment. The employees and staff here very courteous and respectful while maintaining a good sense of professionalism.
Donor Tech
Office Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 23, 2017
 Screen donors prior to blood collection and/or donation
 Enter donor’s information into computer and completes the registration process
 Perform vital sign assessments (e.g. weight, pulse, temperature, height, and etc.)
 Collect blood samples for blood donation and lab testing
 Label blood sample vials with correct donor information
great place to work
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Madison, MSMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed the flexibility and working environment. pay was also great. My manager was very understanding and allowed for time off for my children it was great
Worked as ER Tech
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 22, 2017
Rewarding and fast paced enviroment. Worked mostly overnight which took getting used to. Administrators were very helpful and easy to get along with.
Pleasant work environment
ER Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 10, 2017
Pay is minimal but it is a pleasant workplace environment. Working in the ER is very interesting and a great learning experience. Henceforth, sometimes tragedies are witnessed that are otherwise disturbing.
Pros
Pleasant workplace
Cons
Minimal Pay
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 4, 2017
Everyone was kind except a few people. It was pleasantly great. I was welcomed and sometimes recognize. I was not explained the policy well and was told that i could come back in 6 months.
Pros
Cons
Na
To work there you have to love children
Day Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 28, 2017
I worked in the daycare and I loved this job. This job was my first job and I needed this job to be able to work in retail to learn patience because working with children you have to have patience and know how to love the job you do.
Pros
Love working with children
Cons
Needed to venture out
nice place to work
Surgical aide (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 9, 2017
great people to work with, you will learn teamwork makes the dream work ,staff is great an helpful, the hardest part of this job is making everybody happy, the most enjoyable part of this job is waking up an going every day to a place that care about you as much as they do the patients
Pros
free lunches at times
Cons
some people try to get over on you
Decent place to work
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 8, 2017
The microbiology laboratory I worked at was a great experience as far as expanding my knowledge of the subject, but the lab really needed to be updated so the turn around time was better for the patients.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lousy attitudes of co workers
Great co-workers and atmosphere just looking for a more challenging position
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 30, 2017
St. Dominic Hospital is a great place to work. The employees posses positive attitudes and create an enjoyable working environment! They treat each patient with respect and strive to make every patient's experience one of a kind.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Dominic Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2