St. Edward's University

St. Edward's University Employer Reviews

Prestigious, forward-thinking environment
Freshman Studies, Rhet & Comp Instructor (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: collaborative work environment and idea-driven community
Cons: not dependable working contracts
At most universities, autonomy is the status quo, and this was also the case at St. Edward's University, though this was the first university that also embraced team-teaching and collaboration. I enjoyed having faculty members to discuss ideas and theories in effective writing and strategies in editing. Students were motivated, respectful, and full – more... of enthusiasm. Guiding editing, revision, and writing instruction was satisfying.

The most difficult time was summer when there were few classes to offer to instructors and I had to go many months without work waiting for the Fall. I would have loved to continue work there had it been dependable. – less
Best College in Austin
Full Time Student (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 4, 2014
St. Edward's University has challenged me in every aspect of my educational career. The professors offer true life experiences that are related to courses and learning topics. The tools that we have learned at St. Edward's I feel are tools that we will use in our professional careers.
Higher Education Environment
Secretary (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 14, 2014
Pros: excellent opportunity for furthering education.
Cons: no comment
St. Edward's University provides an excellent environment for higher education learning and interacting with students and faculty.
University environment in which every professor and admin knows your name
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Expect one on one time (and free coffee or two) with your professor and learn the ins-and-outs of collegiate academia. Learn the steps they took to be where they are and make close, lifelong friends from your colleagues.
Fun workplace and helpful and considerate staff members
Office Assistant/Front Desk Worker (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: joyful atmosphere, access to career planning events
Cons: few work hours
Since I was on work study, staff members and management team were very flexible and considerate. Everyday I provided administrative support to seven staff members and career counselors. I helped by answering phone calls, managed calendars and scheduled appointments. I assisted students, employers, faculty staff, and visitors with questions regarding – more... office services like workshops, resume editing, career counseling, interviewing skills. I also, updated event calendar and maintained department’s website to post new employers and jobs and/or details regarding upcoming events. – less
Awesome working environment with great supervisors
Communication Intern - Office of Career Services (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of many tasks such as:
Coordinating projects from eight staff members, monitoring five social media networks and updating content, posting information about events and services on social media, scheduling communications at peak times using HootSuite software, promoting career services through diverse media, e-mails, and – more... campus flyers, managing the “Success Outcomes” website/ blog, and writing blog entries about students and employers; conducting interviews to gather information.

My supervisors were some of the best people I ever met. They were fun, relatable, smart, and most importantly, dependable. I definitely learned how to multi-task, perform under pressure, and meet deadlines in an office setting.

The "hardest" part about my job was managing up to five tasks all at once. There were a lot of different projects that I was assigned, but through a nice schedule and responsible time- management, I managed to always complete my work! – less
Great workplace
Project Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 12, 2013
Pros: great benefits
outstanding workplace with many opportunities for growth
Great place to work in a positive environment
Computer Help Desk Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 17, 2013
Pros: challenging but not stressful
Cons: low to medium pay
The culture is very energetic and fun with having such a diverse group of people to work with. I definitely would consider going back someday.
Productive and knowledgeable work environment with great co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 13, 2013
Pros: knowledgeable work environment
Cons: management changes
An amazing place to work with great co-workers. Everyday brought a new experience.
Management Intern
Management Consultant Trainee (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 24, 2013
Exceptionally work friendly environment. Very helpful colleagues and mentors who provided meaningful and valuable feedback to enhance career growth.
Positive workplace based on strong relationships.
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 6, 2012
Day-to-day can be pretty repetitive, but special events make it worth it. It can be exciting and fun.
Education was primary
COMPUTER LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 5, 2012
Great staff, everyone was wonderful. The facilities were top notch.