St. Edward's University Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 10, 2017
Very simple tasks that do not take a long time. Not a very demanding job since it is answering questions and phone calls in a residence hall at a small liberal arts school.
I love St. Ed's Mission
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 6, 2017
St. Ed's is a wonderful university and community. The administration is committed to providing a living wage. Jobs are highly competitive and it can be difficult to get an interview.
Pros
Wages, Community, Mission
Cons
Lack of opportunities to move up
Exciting & Friendly Environment
Dean of Administration Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, Texas, USApril 4, 2017
Working at St. Edward's allowed me to increase my confidence as well as push my limits as an employee. I enjoy work and found myself finding work to do, even when I was not tasked for a particular assignment. I was able to make valuable relationships with my employees and I know that I left with complete confidence that I would be able to ask any one of my employees for a letter of recommendation.
Pros
Free food, healthy and professional relationships
Cons
Not enough challenging work
Student worker
Student Working (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 14, 2017
It's really great working at St.Edward's! You get to make great connections for the future! If you are a student, the offices are flexible and very understanding if you need to take off in order to do class work.
Flexible hours and quiet workspace
Digital Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 28, 2016
I was able to work while still attending classes. Management was very accommodating and the office was quiet and easy to work in.
Contingent faculty
Adjunct faculty/writing center tutor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 26, 2016
Being an adjunct teacher is stressful. There is no job security other than semester to semester, no benefits, no stability. The students are great, and other teachers are kind, but it is an unstable job, at any school.
Adjunct faculty anywhere have these problems.
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 26, 2016
Mine was a typical situation for adjunct faculty in that I was hired in a hurry and thrown into the classroom, then let go as soon as they got their ducks in a row in regards to full time faculty, then I was no longer needed.

The facilities were very nice, the curriculum made sense, and the pay was very good for them times.

Students in the accelerated BBA program were often having their (very expensive) tuition reimbursed by their employers, but only with a grade of B or above, so there was intense pressure to give students a B or above,whether their work merited it or not.
Relaxing place to work
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is not very demanding, there is a lot of free-time so you are able to work on different things. As long as the tasks are completed (which are not hard) you are gold. There will be days where time flies by since it can get busy. Also, when working during orientation, you get to know a lot of people and have a lot of fun.
Great culture, but no career advancement
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 20, 2016
Great place to work in Austin. Great benefits if you want to go back to school or continue your education. The faculty members are nice to work with.
Great Computer Science Department
Bacteriophage Genomics Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 17, 2016
The professors in the department helped me through challenges faced in internships and on-campus jobs. Great people to work with.
Love learning, loved school
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 25, 2016
I loved attending St. Edward's University. I gained perspective, knowledge, and a unique education that satisfied my intellectual curiosity.
Really fun and amazing job!
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  3001 South Congress AVE, 78704. Austin, TX.April 14, 2016
This job has been really amazing, I have learned so much about sports management. My coworkers are like my family and I look forward to going to work each time.
Pros
Free food, flexible hours, get to go to all the games.
Cons
You don't get 20 hours a week, if a game gets cancelled you can't work.
great
Strategic management class (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 3, 2016
It gave me a lot of experience in the marketing and research field, as long as operation management field which has been very profitable to me
Good place to build experience.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 1, 2016
Good place to gain experience and get a feel on how full-time jobs operate. Teachers were the management, making it easier to get along. Co-workers got along well and had no complaints.
Academic Intern
Microbiology Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 20, 2015
This job required a lot of learning since I had never worked with microbes before. This job was long hours, sometimes I would stay up until 3am in order to get my experiments to work correctly. However, I grew a large passion for this field in science.
Assistant to the Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 21, 2015
St. Ed's is a very student centered private university. It has changed so much since I started working here in 1999 but not so much that the focus is on our students. No matter the growth, students still know their instructors on a one to one basis. The organizational structure is very hierarchical in nature. If you like to help students reach their goals and enjoy seeing their growth from beginning to end, this is a good place to work.
Pros
A community within a community. Believe in their mission wholeheartedly.
Cons
Not too many opportunities for advancement.
It was a great work enviornment for a full-time student.
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  AustinJune 26, 2015
The times I have worked with for St. Edward's University have been great. They are very flexible since they know I'm a student. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with professors that have taught me in the past. It was a great opportunity to show them what I could do in a work enviornment.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Pretty chill and in a friendly environment - great people
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2015
This review is pretty pointless in my case sense I was simply a student working as a tutor part time.

HOWEVER!

The faculty is simply wonderful (I mostly dealt with math faculty) to deal with and are very flexible with timing (for tutors). Everything is pretty much built for the students' schedule.

All of the staff I met during my time (2012-2015) were pretty happy and friendly with each other and students.

Would definitely recommend.
Very good and friendly place to work
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 22, 2015
St. Edward's is a really good place to work. The environment and the people make it really friendly. The hours are good and the offices are clean and spacious.
Pros
Free lunch, nice people, nice environment
Cons
Not insurance if part time, parking can be difficult at times
Productive and fast paced environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Served as the main help in the career office and assisted all students, staff and employers that had any questions regarding our services and helped setting up appointments. I was in charge of making any changes to our website and uploading new jobs based on the information that we received from employers. It was a very fast paced environment as I tracked the calendar and scheduled of 7 staff/counselor members in our office. I was very fortunate to also help with the promotion of our job fair and setting everything up for the event to be a success.
Pros
time flexibility and great help from coworkers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Edward's University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4