St. Edward's University Employee Reviews in United States

Love learning, loved school
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 25, 2016
I loved attending St. Edward's University. I gained perspective, knowledge, and a unique education that satisfied my intellectual curiosity.
Really fun and amazing job!
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  3001 South Congress AVE, 78704. Austin, TX.April 14, 2016
This job has been really amazing, I have learned so much about sports management. My coworkers are like my family and I look forward to going to work each time.
Pros
Free food, flexible hours, get to go to all the games.
Cons
You don't get 20 hours a week, if a game gets cancelled you can't work.
great
Strategic management class (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 3, 2016
It gave me a lot of experience in the marketing and research field, as long as operation management field which has been very profitable to me
Good place to build experience.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 1, 2016
Good place to gain experience and get a feel on how full-time jobs operate. Teachers were the management, making it easier to get along. Co-workers got along well and had no complaints.
Academic Intern
Microbiology Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 20, 2015
This job required a lot of learning since I had never worked with microbes before. This job was long hours, sometimes I would stay up until 3am in order to get my experiments to work correctly. However, I grew a large passion for this field in science.
Assistant to the Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 21, 2015
St. Ed's is a very student centered private university. It has changed so much since I started working here in 1999 but not so much that the focus is on our students. No matter the growth, students still know their instructors on a one to one basis. The organizational structure is very hierarchical in nature. If you like to help students reach their goals and enjoy seeing their growth from beginning to end, this is a good place to work.
Pros
A community within a community. Believe in their mission wholeheartedly.
Cons
Not too many opportunities for advancement.
It was a great work enviornment for a full-time student.
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  AustinJune 26, 2015
The times I have worked with for St. Edward's University have been great. They are very flexible since they know I'm a student. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with professors that have taught me in the past. It was a great opportunity to show them what I could do in a work enviornment.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Pretty chill and in a friendly environment - great people
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2015
This review is pretty pointless in my case sense I was simply a student working as a tutor part time.

HOWEVER!

The faculty is simply wonderful (I mostly dealt with math faculty) to deal with and are very flexible with timing (for tutors). Everything is pretty much built for the students' schedule.

All of the staff I met during my time (2012-2015) were pretty happy and friendly with each other and students.

Would definitely recommend.
Very good and friendly place to work
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 22, 2015
St. Edward's is a really good place to work. The environment and the people make it really friendly. The hours are good and the offices are clean and spacious.
Pros
Free lunch, nice people, nice environment
Cons
Not insurance if part time, parking can be difficult at times
Productive and fast paced environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Served as the main help in the career office and assisted all students, staff and employers that had any questions regarding our services and helped setting up appointments. I was in charge of making any changes to our website and uploading new jobs based on the information that we received from employers. It was a very fast paced environment as I tracked the calendar and scheduled of 7 staff/counselor members in our office. I was very fortunate to also help with the promotion of our job fair and setting everything up for the event to be a success.
Pros
time flexibility and great help from coworkers
Neuroscience Lab Researcher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Great place to work, learned a lot. I was a student here and I worked in a lab. Beautiful campus, great professors. I also really enjoyed the dining hall.
Great place to learn new skills and begin your science career
Independent Researcher (Current Employee) –  Natural SciencesJuly 24, 2014
Under the great leadership of my research advisor I learned a ton about hard work, discipline and academic rigor. Working here has showed me what it takes to be a biologist and I've never wanted to pursue it more.
Prestigious, forward-thinking environment
Freshman Studies, Rhet & Comp Instructor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 16, 2014
At most universities, autonomy is the status quo, and this was also the case at St. Edward's University, though this was the first university that also embraced team-teaching and collaboration. I enjoyed having faculty members to discuss ideas and theories in effective writing and strategies in editing. Students were motivated, respectful, and full of enthusiasm. Guiding editing, revision, and writing instruction was satisfying.

The most difficult time was summer when there were few classes to offer to instructors and I had to go many months without work waiting for the Fall. I would have loved to continue work there had it been dependable.
Pros
collaborative work environment and idea-driven community
Cons
not dependable working contracts
Best College in Austin
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 4, 2014
St. Edward's University has challenged me in every aspect of my educational career. The professors offer true life experiences that are related to courses and learning topics. The tools that we have learned at St. Edward's I feel are tools that we will use in our professional careers.
Higher Education Environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 14, 2014
St. Edward's University provides an excellent environment for higher education learning and interacting with students and faculty.
Pros
excellent opportunity for furthering education.
Cons
no comment
University environment in which every professor and admin knows your name
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Expect one on one time (and free coffee or two) with your professor and learn the ins-and-outs of collegiate academia. Learn the steps they took to be where they are and make close, lifelong friends from your colleagues.
Fun workplace and helpful and considerate staff members
Office Assistant/Front Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2014
Since I was on work study, staff members and management team were very flexible and considerate. Everyday I provided administrative support to seven staff members and career counselors. I helped by answering phone calls, managed calendars and scheduled appointments. I assisted students, employers, faculty staff, and visitors with questions regarding office services like workshops, resume editing, career counseling, interviewing skills. I also, updated event calendar and maintained department’s website to post new employers and jobs and/or details regarding upcoming events.
Pros
joyful atmosphere, access to career planning events
Cons
few work hours
Awesome working environment with great supervisors
Communication Intern - Office of Career Services (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of many tasks such as:
Coordinating projects from eight staff members, monitoring five social media networks and updating content, posting information about events and services on social media, scheduling communications at peak times using HootSuite software, promoting career services through diverse media, e-mails, and campus flyers, managing the “Success Outcomes” website/ blog, and writing blog entries about students and employers; conducting interviews to gather information.

My supervisors were some of the best people I ever met. They were fun, relatable, smart, and most importantly, dependable. I definitely learned how to multi-task, perform under pressure, and meet deadlines in an office setting.

The "hardest" part about my job was managing up to five tasks all at once. There were a lot of different projects that I was assigned, but through a nice schedule and responsible time- management, I managed to always complete my work!
Great workplace
Project Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 12, 2013
outstanding workplace with many opportunities for growth
Pros
great benefits
Great place to work in a positive environment
Computer Help Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2013
The culture is very energetic and fun with having such a diverse group of people to work with. I definitely would consider going back someday.
Pros
challenging but not stressful
Cons
low to medium pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Edward's University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6