St. Edward's University Employee Reviews

Very productive workspace
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 6, 2017
A typical workday consisted of immediately looking at the task board to see what had to be done as soon as I arrived. If no tasks were written down then I would ask my supervisor what he wanted me to do in the meantime. Once I was done with my duties, which sometimes included doing rounds around the library to check that everything was in place, counting how many patrons were in the building, and doing a deep cleaning of the computers that the patrons would use on a daily basis, I would wait for the next task at hand. Some of my other duties included counting the supplies in the stock room and making note of what needed to be re-stocked soon. I would also be in charge of the front desk in the library where I would answer any questions the patrons would have to the best of my ability and answer phone calls. In the beginning the job was difficult because I had to multitask and work swiftly and efficiently when I was left in charge of the front desk. It seemed that patrons would come in from all directions but I grew accustomed to the work environment and enjoyed the experience of working quickly. Everyone cooperated very well to any changes in the schedule that appeared from time to time.
Pros
Work environment, the people working there
Cons
Senior students could not expect a raise in pay
Laid Back Environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 3, 2017
The management here is pretty laid back. They leave you to your work and do a good job of working with you when you're struggling with something. Lots of patience and support.
great place
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2017
Working at St. Edwards University was a lot of fun due to the ethnic diversity on campus, you always learned something new each day. The best part of the job was being able to work effectively between the students and professors.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Patience is a virtue
Young environment with the best working staff
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 8, 2017
Working with St. Edward's University Athletics was some of the best times I had at St. Edward's University. Traveling for work was sometimes required but it was always so much fun watching and recording stats for several athletic events.
Fun place to work
Assistant Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 2, 2017
Great place to work for a long period of time. Athletics was well run from the top to the bottom. Great things are still to come for St Edwards. Enjoyed my time on the hilltop.
Relatively comfortable and friendly
New Literati, Editor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 31, 2017
At St. Edward's University, I worked on a literary magazine as an editor. It is called the New Literati, and I worked with other students to go through submissions, approving, editing, and working towards the publication deadline.
Convenient working environment for current students
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 31, 2017
The pay is not much if you are a student but hours tend to be flexible around class schedules. Supervisors and staff are friendly. Access to the university's facilities like the gym and fields is plus.
Pros
Convenient location
Cons
Low wages
Productive!
Pre-Health Professions Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 18, 2017
Loved working here! It is a friendly environment and felt like a second home. I worked in an office setting in an environment that was not fast paced and very accepting.
nice
Independent Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 8, 2017
good place to intern and study, faculty and departments range, but all faculty care deeply about empowering students to gain skills and take on their own work and become self-leading
Balanced yet competitive and fun working place
NCAA Athletic Training Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 20, 2017
Worked with athletes-best part of job.
Assisted athletic trainers with treatment and rehab.
Very friendly and fun workplace.
Family culture and environment.
Simple but productive.
A lot of learning opportunities.
Pros
experience, flexibility, environment
Productive workplace
Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 10, 2017
Very simple tasks that do not take a long time. Not a very demanding job since it is answering questions and phone calls in a residence hall at a small liberal arts school.
I love St. Ed's Mission
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 6, 2017
St. Ed's is a wonderful university and community. The administration is committed to providing a living wage. Jobs are highly competitive and it can be difficult to get an interview.
Pros
Wages, Community, Mission
Cons
Lack of opportunities to move up
Exciting & Friendly Environment
Dean of Administration Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, Texas, USApril 4, 2017
Working at St. Edward's allowed me to increase my confidence as well as push my limits as an employee. I enjoy work and found myself finding work to do, even when I was not tasked for a particular assignment. I was able to make valuable relationships with my employees and I know that I left with complete confidence that I would be able to ask any one of my employees for a letter of recommendation.
Pros
Free food, healthy and professional relationships
Cons
Not enough challenging work
Student worker
Student Working (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 14, 2017
It's really great working at St.Edward's! You get to make great connections for the future! If you are a student, the offices are flexible and very understanding if you need to take off in order to do class work.
Flexible hours and quiet workspace
Digital Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 28, 2016
I was able to work while still attending classes. Management was very accommodating and the office was quiet and easy to work in.
Contingent faculty
Adjunct faculty/writing center tutor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 26, 2016
Being an adjunct teacher is stressful. There is no job security other than semester to semester, no benefits, no stability. The students are great, and other teachers are kind, but it is an unstable job, at any school.
Adjunct faculty anywhere have these problems.
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 26, 2016
Mine was a typical situation for adjunct faculty in that I was hired in a hurry and thrown into the classroom, then let go as soon as they got their ducks in a row in regards to full time faculty, then I was no longer needed.

The facilities were very nice, the curriculum made sense, and the pay was very good for them times.

Students in the accelerated BBA program were often having their (very expensive) tuition reimbursed by their employers, but only with a grade of B or above, so there was intense pressure to give students a B or above,whether their work merited it or not.
Relaxing place to work
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is not very demanding, there is a lot of free-time so you are able to work on different things. As long as the tasks are completed (which are not hard) you are gold. There will be days where time flies by since it can get busy. Also, when working during orientation, you get to know a lot of people and have a lot of fun.
Great culture, but no career advancement
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 20, 2016
Great place to work in Austin. Great benefits if you want to go back to school or continue your education. The faculty members are nice to work with.
Great Computer Science Department
Bacteriophage Genomics Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 17, 2016
The professors in the department helped me through challenges faced in internships and on-campus jobs. Great people to work with.