St. Edward's University Employee Reviews

It was a great work enviornment for a full-time student.
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee), AustinJune 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible Work Schedule
The times I have worked with for St. Edward's University have been great. They are very flexible since they know I'm a student. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with professors that have taught me in the past. It was a great opportunity to show them what I could do in a work enviornment.
Pretty chill and in a friendly environment - great people
Tutor (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 15, 2015
This review is pretty pointless in my case sense I was simply a student working as a tutor part time.

HOWEVER!

The faculty is simply wonderful (I mostly dealt with math faculty) to deal with and are very flexible with timing (for tutors). Everything is pretty much built for the students' schedule.

All of the staff I met during my time (2012-2015) were pretty happy and friendly with each other and students.

Would definitely recommend.
Very good and friendly place to work
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, nice people, nice environment
Cons: Not insurance if part time, parking can be difficult at times
St. Edward's is a really good place to work. The environment and the people make it really friendly. The hours are good and the offices are clean and spacious.
Productive and fast paced environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: time flexibility and great help from coworkers
Served as the main help in the career office and assisted all students, staff and employers that had any questions regarding our services and helped setting up appointments. I was in charge of making any changes to our website and uploading new jobs based on the information that we received from employers. It was a very fast paced environment as I tracked the calendar and scheduled of 7 staff/counselor members in our office. I was very fortunate to also help with the promotion of our job fair and setting everything up for the event to be a success.
Neuroscience Lab Researcher (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Great place to work, learned a lot. I was a student here and I worked in a lab. Beautiful campus, great professors. I also really enjoyed the dining hall.
Great place to learn new skills and begin your science career
Independent Researcher (Current Employee), Natural SciencesJuly 24, 2014
Under the great leadership of my research advisor I learned a ton about hard work, discipline and academic rigor. Working here has showed me what it takes to be a biologist and I've never wanted to pursue it more.
Prestigious, forward-thinking environment
Freshman Studies, Rhet & Comp Instructor (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: collaborative work environment and idea-driven community
Cons: not dependable working contracts
At most universities, autonomy is the status quo, and this was also the case at St. Edward's University, though this was the first university that also embraced team-teaching and collaboration. I enjoyed having faculty members to discuss ideas and theories in effective writing and strategies in editing. Students were motivated, respectful, and full of enthusiasm. Guiding editing, revision, and writing instruction was satisfying.

The most difficult time was summer when there were few classes to offer to instructors and I had to go many months without work waiting for the Fall. I would have loved to continue work there had it been dependable.
Best College in Austin
Full Time Student (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 4, 2014
St. Edward's University has challenged me in every aspect of my educational career. The professors offer true life experiences that are related to courses and learning topics. The tools that we have learned at St. Edward's I feel are tools that we will use in our professional careers.
Higher Education Environment
Secretary (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 14, 2014
Pros: excellent opportunity for furthering education.
Cons: no comment
St. Edward's University provides an excellent environment for higher education learning and interacting with students and faculty.
University environment in which every professor and admin knows your name
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Expect one on one time (and free coffee or two) with your professor and learn the ins-and-outs of collegiate academia. Learn the steps they took to be where they are and make close, lifelong friends from your colleagues.
Awesome working environment with great supervisors
Communication Intern - Office of Career Services (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of many tasks such as:
Coordinating projects from eight staff members, monitoring five social media networks and updating content, posting information about events and services on social media, scheduling communications at peak times using HootSuite software, promoting career services through diverse media, e-mails, and campus flyers, managing the “Success Outcomes” website/ blog, and writing blog entries about students and employers; conducting interviews to gather information.

My supervisors were some of the best people I ever met. They were fun, relatable, smart, and most importantly, dependable. I definitely learned how to multi-task, perform under pressure, and meet deadlines in an office setting.

The "hardest" part about my job was managing up to five tasks all at once. There were a lot of different projects that I was assigned, but through a nice schedule and responsible time- management, I managed to always complete my work!
Great workplace
Project Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 12, 2013
Pros: great benefits
outstanding workplace with many opportunities for growth
Great place to work in a positive environment
Computer Help Desk Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 17, 2013
Pros: challenging but not stressful
Cons: low to medium pay
The culture is very energetic and fun with having such a diverse group of people to work with. I definitely would consider going back someday.
Productive and knowledgeable work environment with great co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 13, 2013
Pros: knowledgeable work environment
Cons: management changes
An amazing place to work with great co-workers. Everyday brought a new experience.
Management Intern
Management Consultant Trainee (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 24, 2013
Exceptionally work friendly environment. Very helpful colleagues and mentors who provided meaningful and valuable feedback to enhance career growth.
Positive workplace based on strong relationships.
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 6, 2012
Day-to-day can be pretty repetitive, but special events make it worth it. It can be exciting and fun.
Education was primary
COMPUTER LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 5, 2012
Great staff, everyone was wonderful. The facilities were top notch.