St. Edward High School, an all-boys Catholic school in the Holy Cross tradition, seeks a dynamic and experienced Vice President of Institutional Advancement to provide leadership, strategic vision, and direction for all fundraising, alumni and parent relations, development communications, and stewardship activities for the school. This is a unique opportunity, as a member of the school’s senior administrative team and in partnership with the President and the Board of Trustees, to play a central role in shaping a limitless future at St. Edward, especially by enhancing the fundraising capabilities of the School.
The Vice President of Institutional Advancement will join the St. Edward community at an exciting time as the School continues to move forward with great energy, completes a Vision and Strategic Framework for 2018, and enters into planning for and implementation of a significant capital and endowment campaign in support of this strategic vision.
Working closely with the President and senior administrative team, the Vice President of Institutional Advancement will play a key role in advancing St. Edward’s Holy Cross mission of faith formation, excellence, relationships and servant leadership. To achieve that goal, the Vice President must be strategically oriented, knowledgeable about and experienced in fundraising campaigns and communications, enthusiastic, genuine, and a team player who is an effective leader of people.
As St. Edward High School prepares to enter a comprehensive campaign, the proven experience of a leader who can effectively organize and run a development office of 5 staff members, facilitate the hiring of additional major gifts officers, and develop a plan to maximize fundraising potential by developing genuine relationships with the loyal St. Edward constituency is critical to success.
Key responsibilities include all activities related to:
- Working with the President to develop and implement all fundraising strategies, including percentage and dollar benchmarks for each program and cultivation strategies for all major gift prospects.
- Leading all aspects of a Capital and Endowment Campaign process; assembling and leading a Campaign Team tasked with developing and implementing strategies that support the goals of the Campaign
- Developing a stewardship program for all donors.
- Coordinating with the Advancement Committee of the Board of Trustees on strategy, planning and implementation for development and advancement.
- Developing strategies and timelines for maintaining a comprehensive, sustainable major gifts program (donors of $25,000 and above).
- Designing and building a robust planned giving program.
- Working in partnership with the President in the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gifts.
- Personally managing a select portfolio of major gift prospects.
- Overseeing implementation of a plan to identify, recruit, train and reward volunteer leadership, forming a cadre of working volunteers.
- Becoming involved in the community and understanding the value of building strategic community and business partnerships that can be leveraged for the benefit of the school.
- Ability to naturally embrace the Catholic, Holy Cross Mission of St. Edward High School.
- A high level of integrity, warmth, confidence, a positive outlook, a good sense of humor, a level personality, and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to oversee the identification, cultivation and securing of major gift and annual fund leadership prospects.
- Knowledge and experience in prospect tracking, stewardship and reporting procedures and all aspects of annual giving programs.
- Ability to build an Institutional Advancement team and manage multiple projects and work closely with administration, parents, alumni, faculty, foundations and volunteers.
- 5+ years of increasing advancement experience required, preferably with significant experience working on capital campaigns.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES MAY FORWARD THEIR RESUMES TO:
Ms. Rose Anne Platek
St. Edward High School
13500 Detroit Avenue
Lakewood, Ohio 44107