St. Elizabeth's Hospital Employee Reviews

I liked helping patients that needed appointment or referrals.
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAJanuary 4, 2017
Very busy work place. many sick people that need appointments. Learned how to do referrals for the specialists regarding health insurance. Making insurance was valid. Manager was great person and organized giving assignments. The people in the office worked well together. Hardest thing was getting appoints for all patients. Patients really liked me and complimented me how happy of my service.
Pros
I lived very close
Hard work
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 7, 2016
Typical day involved receiving dispatches and going to different areas of the hospital where you would transport a patient on a stretcher to wherever they had to go within the hospital.
Clean environment, non-friendly workers
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LANovember 30, 2016
Worst hospital to work for. Team members are not friendly with new workers, breaks are short, pay is low. Interviews are a complete waste of time. A few people I know are still waiting to hear back from St. Elizabeth of Gonzales. Just be honest and tell the person if they got the job or not, don't say you will give them a call and never do.
Excellent organization
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILNovember 21, 2016
My experiences at this hospital have been excellent. The organization is committed to excellent patient care strive to give staff the support they need. I have an excellent rapport with my co-workers and we function as a great team.
Pros
Weekend option is available. Self scheduling is also a nice perk for full time employees.
good
Patient Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILSeptember 1, 2016
this was a very good company to work for as long as you're willing to work. it is a hospital that is ever growing and trying to improve the patient care and services.
A job that requires special attention to detail.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 22, 2016
My typical day at work is transcribing dozens of specialized reports for the hospital. Accuracy and confidentiality are crucial to this job.
Pros
Working out of home
Cons
I miss personal contacts
Good Place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILJuly 1, 2016
Busy, hard work, but good place to work. Pay could be better when I worked there. They are now a Union staffing now I believe.
Pros
Like a family
Cons
pay could be better lots of call
Nurses are rude
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 4, 2016
If you are new nurses will not help you, they will talk and make the aides do all the work, They will not give a second chance when a mistake is made
Pros
Cons
short lunch breaks, no help
Clinical Experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMarch 30, 2016
I was a student here for my last rotation through clinicals. I loved the experience I had here. The technicians were helpful and it was a good training environment.
This was a brand new Bone and Joint (sports orthopedics) with one of the best surgeons Dr. Bill Morgan
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAMarch 29, 2016
The facility was gorgeous Sport Orthopedic center. Fantastic doctors but the manger didn't know how to manage and it caused the department to run inefficiently.
Pros
Beautiful facility, great doctors and good location
Cons
poor management
great hospital
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILJanuary 29, 2016
best care in Belleville and best to work for, excellent benefits. Pay isn't especially competitive but the benefits blow every other employer out of the water.
Pros
benefits, culture, acceptance
Cons
pay, uniform requirements
administration is demanding without giving any benefits for the level of dedication expected of employees
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILNovember 28, 2015
The hospital staff as a whole are very dedicated and hardworking, but the administration is deplorable. Turnover is very high due to poor work conditions, such as working understaffed.
They taught me all the basics & helped me grow
Staff Technologist / Mammography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILOctober 22, 2015
This was the first hospital that I worked at as an imaging technician, it was also where I did my clinic hours for school. The techs are amazingly patient and helpful to their students.
Pros
great place to work
Productive Working Environment
Registered Nurse I (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 7, 2015
Pay was fair, job loud was reasonable, great management. I enjoyed my patients, and coworkers, I was unable to secure a 12 hour shift, that is the reason I left.
Not a fun place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 13, 2015
Expect a lot from you when you are underpaid, management does not hear out your concerns, they push them under the rug. Management is not very personable with staff unless you are one of their favorites, play favorites and groups (cliques). You are not allowed to take all the PTO you have, only 4 days one week and 4 another week, has to be all in the same week, not allowed specific days off. Their is little guidance from management for new hires (technicians); relatively new people have to hire new people due to lack of technician staff.

Hardest part of job is dealing with management who doesn't care, and some days completing all of your work when their is lack of technician staff.

Most enjoyable part of job is knowing you are helping sick people in the hospital and you are doing your part in their healthcare.

If you want to be part of an organization who believes in equality and mutual respect, I would not advise you to work here, or if you are interested to job shadow a day or two before you put yourself into a position you regret further down the road.
Pros
Marketplace has delicious food, most coworkers are very helpful and kind
Cons
Can only use a little PTO, Not much guidance for new hires from management, Can't have off same week as anyone else in department, politics, groups (cliques), high turnover
Institutional setting in which I did not feel productive.
Dance/movement Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2015
The hierarchy of the department disabled any real listening or concern from the patients or lower staff. I found this very disheartening and hopeless.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2015
I grew up at this hospital, practically born and raised. I have volunteered for over 6 years. My grandmother retired from the Orthopedic Department after working there for over 15 years. Everyone there was kind including the patients. Its sad because the doctor sold is practice last winter.
Pros
Internet access
Cons
Cold spaces
Patient Registrar ER Department/Main Registration (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 14, 2015
St. Elizabeth's is a comfortable satisfying place to work. All the employees are very welcoming, caring, and helpful. I have really enjoyed working there.
Fun, Interesting and educational
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 5, 2015
Working at St Elizabeth's Hospital as an Administrative Clerk, afforded me the opportunity to gain valuable administrative skills..
Nice job
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILJune 8, 2015
You can balance your work life with home life
Compensation isn't bad
Job security is there
Management is great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Elizabeth's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Elizabeth's Hospital Reviews by Location