St. Elizabeth's Hospital Employee Reviews

great experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILOctober 2, 2017
I worked as a CNA here and loved what I did. There are some great nurses that I worked with were great role models to want me to expand my career to want to become a nurse.
Amazing place to work!
Clinic Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Prairieville, LASeptember 26, 2017
I enjoyed working for St. Elizabeth, and I would absolutely consider returning if the right position for me opened up. Great atmosphere and work environment.
Ekg tech
Secretary/Trans/EKG Tech (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILSeptember 22, 2017
In a typical day I do all and more that is expected of me and have never been fairly compensated for it. I feel that my company does not care about compensating employees that do not have an R.N. behind there name.
poor
Registered Operating Room Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILSeptember 20, 2017
understaffed, no support from upper management. Very low morale.I am only talking about the operating room, I don't have an opinion on any other department.
Very productive
Secretary-Chief of Post Trial-Forensic Department (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 14, 2017
Working at St. Elizabeths Hospital provided me with a lot of experience because I worked in the Forensic section of the hospital where patients who were found Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity was housed between minimum, medium and maximum security wards. The patients were friendly, the staff was helpful and management took the time to meet with you in addressing your concerns.
Pros
Meeting patients of all backgrounds.
Cons
It was fun when there was a cookout
St. Elizabeth's is a good place to work to get your feet wet and start your career
Phelbotomist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 16, 2017
A typical day to is to do your work and the work of your co-workers. Not everyone is treated equally and you have the same job title. Management only cares about the numbers. At this time everyone is stressed because of the upcoming move. The job is not really hard and the most enjoyable part of the job is the patient's that you meet.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not everyone works with you, management only talks to you if they want to ask you to work over or come in early
seemed promising at the start
Telemetry - RN (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 30, 2017
Administration promised a lot of things regarding staffing, nurse ratios and compensation benefits; without ever meeting those needs. Nurse to staff ratios continued to increase to the point it became dangerous for both patients and staff. Routine mistakes were made due to this issue.
Pros
comparative pay and benefits
Cons
unsafe work environment
Relaxed
Logistical Support Person (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 27, 2017
Only worked there part-time, but wasn't a bad place to work, had good co-worker who knew there jobs. Could be stressful at times but it was workable to deal with.
Great patient cenetered placed to work
RN, RN Charge (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 20, 2017
St Elizabeths is a cutting edge facility that provides excellent care to patients across the Metro-East St louis area. Patients vary from OB newborns to end of life issues and care
Good Place to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJuly 13, 2017
The care and the people who work there, really do care about their patients.
Unfortunately, they closed down my unit, the Senior Care and were unable to find me another position.
Management was friendly and the work was fun.
Pros
Working with caring people
Cons
Having to quit due to closure of unit
good place to work
Painter (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJune 29, 2017
Check for work orders ,do work .Learned about HIPPA and HCAPS. Management stretched thin. Catholic faith based. under standing work requests. Met some good people.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
uncertaintee in job security
fast paced with great people
E.V.S. Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJune 3, 2017
I really enjoyed working at the hospital even though I was just a housekeeper everyone made me feel important. I worked hard everyday to keep everything detailed clean. I got along with everyone I came in contacted with. The labor was painful, but always rewarding. I had planned to retire from there until medical issues enabled me to stay.
Pros
total job security
Level 1 trauma center
Staff Nurse, Progressive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMay 16, 2017
This is a great place to work for healthcare providers. This is a level one trauma hospital in Youngstown Ohio. This is a learning hospital with education programs for many disciplines.
Pros
Flexible schedules for nurses, Residency program for nurses, Multiple ICUs, Mix of experience levels, Focus on patient care
Cons
Understaffing
Very productive, friendly place to work
Youth COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 1, 2017
A typical day at work were replying to emails , getting ready for project team meetings, planning out the day for the kids , and focusing on duties that needed to met by the end of the day.
Surgical Tech
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Wabasha, MNApril 19, 2017
Getting ready by having the surgeons preference card and getting all the things you need to do the case.
Make any changes to the card if necessary.
Having management is great they are great to work with
Education and learning are on going here.
When things don't go the best, just keep calm and do the best you can.
Just to know how great the patient will feel when the case is done , being able to work with a great team of medical people to insure a good outcome for the patient
Pros
Excellent Pot Lucks
Cons
Stressfull job full of drama of he say she say waste of time
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAApril 14, 2017
First my manager hired me for days then failed to mention two months of training i was covering everybody shift but my own coworkers created drama from the beginning people are constantly digging a hole to push you in while smiling in your face with the knife still in your back MANAGERS ARE EASILY MANIPULATED by negative individuals who constantly running in and out of the office MANAGERS ARE NOT PROFESSIONALS AT ALL nobody is happy there whatever you say is used against you even by the manger in any and every way overall stressful environment don't pay well at all only care about themselves nice place to work if it wasn't for the negative LYING manipulative co-workers
Pros
Hospital staff are nice patients make you love your job
Cons
Consistent drama not a peaceful work environment
patient safety issues
Staff Nurse, Medical-Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMarch 24, 2017
Many patient safety issues. Too many patients per nurse. In addition, I had to assess all of the LPN's patients. Too hectic, chaotic. Surgical patients came to the floor without orders. Patients were constantly leaving the floor to go out to smoke or do whatever.
Wonderful place to work!
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Enumclaw, WAMarch 6, 2017
The people and surgeons make working here a lot of fun! Very rewarding job! The only bad part about working here is it is a very small facility and you have to take a lot of call...
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
A lot of call
A stable working environment
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILFebruary 21, 2017
My typical day at ST Elizabeth's had me delivering laundry to all the floors of the hospital. I learned a lot about spatial management while I was there.
Great Co-workers
xray,Mammo,CT,MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILJanuary 25, 2017
I enjoyed all my co workers in Ofallon, but there was no job security and management changes all the time. The moral is very low at this time.