St. Elizabeth Hospital

St. Elizabeth Hospital Employee Reviews

great atmosphere!
Internship (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAJuly 11, 2015
I loved interning at STEH. I was able to learn many things about the medical field. The employees were helpful and very approachable. My favorite part about my internship was working with Respiratory because I was able to have hands on experience!
great place to work!
Registered Nurse ICU (Current Employee), Belleville, ILJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Great Staff
Cons: Need more nurses
I love St. Elizabeth. I have worked in many different areas of this hospital! Great caring staff! I currently work in the ICU and my co-workers are amazing! If I ever have a sick family member this is where I want them to be@
Seeing clients become productive
Student Intern (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Seeing a client leave the facility
Cons: Only coming twoce a week for one hour
This was not a paid employment. I volunteered at the hospital. I came twice a week for one hour a day. Help to coordinate 12 step recovery meetings.
Productive workplace with a collaborative, patient-focused team
Medical Technologist - Generalist (Current Employee), Appleton, WIJune 3, 2015
Being on an off-shift, I have learned how to better prioritize my time, and at the same time be efficient and accurate with my work. Even though the work load can be overwhelming, our lab team is always willing to help each other out, so that the patients are receiving the best care possible.
Fast paced diverse patient population
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMay 16, 2015
Worked here on weekends and holidays which was the busiest times in the emergency room. Enjoyed the other staff and doctors. Saw anything from Critical/Trauma patients to minor patients. From pediatric to elderly
Productive and Fun work environment
Lab Information Specialist (Current Employee), Edgewood, KYMay 15, 2015
This is a clerical duty position. I deal with patients test results and make sure they get sent to the appropriate place. My co-workers are a fun group and we like to keep things exciting because this is a very tedious job.
level one trauma
CT Technologist (Current Employee), Boardman, OHApril 23, 2015
co workers are amazing. Level one trauma. always busy and running around. X-rays rooms are CR only one room DR. Not a bad work place.
Acute rehab unit Intensive therapy float pool work on tele and med surg
Registered Nurse - Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Belleville, ILApril 6, 2015
As Charge Nurse/ Registered nurse my duty in a normal shift included typically, monitoring patients, develop patient care plans, implement treatments and provide guidance and supervise the work of licensed practical nurses (LPNs), nursing assistants or CMA. Clinically speaking responsible for any of IDT be primary caregivers and are responsible for making diagnosis and prescribing treatments for patients accordingly. Job duties normally include monitoring a patient's vital signs and symptoms, maintain records, deliver medication and implement other treatments. delegate, aides and assistants to monitor patients, as well as feed, clothe, change linens and assist with personal hygiene other various ADLs as well as perform the duties of CNA when needed.
A nice place if you don't work here
Medical Technologist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee), Enumclaw, WAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: commute is good, no traffic locally if you live close.
Cons: see review too numerous to list here
The laboratory workflow here is grossly mismanaged. The day shift has the bulk of the workers, and very little patient load other than the morning run. The 2nd shift from 2-10PM has the bullk of the patient load from ER, and only 1 Tech and 1 phlebotomist. The third shift can be variable in workload, but there is only 1 tech on duty for several hours at a night, no phlebotomist.
This is to cover the whole inpatient hospital, and an Emergency Dept that services a large portion of South King County. There are NO meal or rest breaks for these two shifts, and 8 hour employees are required to work 10-12 hour shifts regularly. Obviously, you can't eat or drink in a laboratory, so good luck if you're hypoglycemic or diabetic, or a human person who needs water. You can't legally go on break if you're the only tech on duty.
There is absolutely no coverage for sick days or family emergencies, you are expected to suck it up and just go to work. I have been told to come in to work with a fever because there is no back-up coverage, just not to tell anyone. Techs have reached the maximum PTO accrual and have worked with no additional accrual, because they are not allowed any time off for vacation. In two instances I am aware of, the CHI/Franciscan corporation mandated that these employees take time off, and only then were they not scheduled to work.
I have been written up for not answering the phone in a timely manner, when I was the only person on duty, and had to go to the restroom. Oh, and there are so few techs, you work every other holiday and every other weekend. Immediate management does what they can, but the overlords are off-site, and only manage "on paper."
This scenario is repeated throughout departments, nursing, imaging, etc. Surveys given reveal that most employees (including the President of the hospital) would not bring family members here for treatment, nor will they recommend it to friends and neighbors.
Working with patients in the hospital
RN (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJFebruary 16, 2015
I was a medical surgical nurse for a short time before embarking on a home care experience.

Worked with patients coming out of surgery. vitals and all skilled nursing done.

working in the hospital was fun but I wanted to work with patients one on one and went to home care.

I love working with patients and helping them in anyway possible.
Well established health care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXFebruary 16, 2015
St. Elizabeth Hospital is a professional health care facility, providing medical services, in the surrounding area. Founded in the ideal, values, and compassion for people, this institution achieves its mandate.
Professional Working enviroment
File Room Clerk (Current Employee), Appleton, WIFebruary 12, 2015
I learned how to be a professional with patients and other staff members. I learned how to manage my time effectively and stay organized while being efficient.
COMPANY STRIVES TO IMPROVE PATIENT CARE BUT FAILS TO ADJUST EMPLOYEE ISSUES.
Registered Nurse, Emergency Room (Current Employee), Belleville, ILFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: high employee turnover
I HAVE ENJOYED WORKING AT THIS FACILITY BUT IT COMES A TIME WHEN YOU KNOW IT IS TIME TO LEAVE. I AM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING LESS STRESSFUL AND DIFFERENT. I HAVE LEARNED THAT PEOPLE WILL BE WHO THEY ARE NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO BUT ALWAYS TREAT THEM WITH RESPECT AND DIGNITY. YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WHEN YOU DO THAT.
Productive and educational
rn (Current Employee), edgewood kyJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great schedule
Cons: very busy
very busy during 12 hour shift. Always learning something new.
Great work environment
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAJanuary 27, 2015
I loved the staff I worked with on different shifts. I also loved getting the opportunity to learn in any modality I chose.
It was both a challenging and rewarding career.
Acute Dialysis Nurse (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHJanuary 18, 2015
Cons: having to take oncall shifts.
Worked both independently an within a team for the best care of the patients.
Biomed Technician (Current Employee), Lafayette, InDecember 31, 2014
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: healthcare costs keep going up
Great place to work. Coworkers are wonderful.
They really value your input. You are not just a number.
Love my job hate the politics
Tech (Former Employee), AppletonDecember 27, 2014
Pros: cafeteria, co-workers
Cons: no breaks, benefits, managment
Fast paced, great co-workers, politicaly oriented management who doesn't care about staff
Not applicable
Nurse Extern (Former Employee), Washington DCNovember 17, 2014
The nurses are down to earth and are always there when you need help.
productive baptist hospital
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Beaumont,TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: late hours
Cons: not enough hours
MOSTLY cleaning the department that your assigned. I learned how to make sure everything was very clean and sanitary. Management and the coworkers made sure that i knew everything that i needed to know.

1 2 3 4

$8.00 per hour
Technician
$20,000 per year

St. Elizabeth Hospital Photos

St. Elizabeth Hospital, Inc.