St. Elizabeth Hospital Employee Reviews

EVERYONE is unhappy here
Patient transporter (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OH 44504November 10, 2017
transporter is horrible unless you kiss butt sad but true. supervisor is unprofessional! nothing gets done around here! a lot of supervisors have no degree!
Busy work environment
Staff RN Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 7, 2017
I enjoyed working with the other nurses and the medical doctors treated the nurses with great respect. I worked part time per diem, I was put on the schedule, but usually one of the first to be put on call.
Pros
days went by quickly
Cons
short staffed
Per diem
Registered Nurse, ICU (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LANovember 2, 2017
I worked as an agency nurse here and then eventually became an employee because I loved it so much. Great people all around. Does not have the pretentiousness of some places.
Good place to work and people to work with.
EVS (Enviromental Services) (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHOctober 30, 2017
Nice place to work friendly staff, hours were difficult to maintain sometimes due to working midnights and getting little brother to school but overall was a great place to service the community
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
going on strike
unprofessional management stressful enviornment
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LASeptember 17, 2017
The hospital itself was a very nice place to work. The nursing staff and even the patients was very nice to be around. Unlike the phlebotomy department.
Pros
nice hospital staff makes working there fun
Cons
hospital food was just like phlebotomy staff disgustingly nasty
St. Elizabeth Hospital
Registered Nurse, Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILSeptember 12, 2017
Average paced work environment. Management changes a lot. Work with a diverse in-patient adult population. Patients of all ages seen in the emergency department.
terrible
Aide /Sitter Companion (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 5, 2017
It is a terrible place to work, no compassion or understanding for being a hospital .. they are so dirty to their workers ..No respect for their workers
Pros
Cons
lies about compassion and respect for their employees
Fast pace, very physical
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYAugust 30, 2017
It's not my ideal job. Its very physically demanding and hard on the body. It was not a happy work environment and the management was unfair. I wouldn't recommend
Great Experience
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYAugust 28, 2017
I had an excellent manager who was supportive and willing to teach. The atmosphere was great. I felt appreciated for the work I did. I enjoyed working with patients and the medical team.
Pros
cafeteria, good management
Cons
hours
Patient Access
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 27, 2017
I enjoyed working there for several years but then staffing issues made it difficult to do your job. Patients suffered because of short staffing. Overall it is a good place to work
Acquired by another organization
Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 26, 2017
Day to operations to maintain staff and the supplies needed to take care of the patients. Worked closely with our distribution center to make sure there would always be enough stock on hand.
Nice people
Internship in Cardiac Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  Thomas, KYAugust 25, 2017
Friendly people, worked with many patients who are determined to live a healthy lifestyle. Learned how to take blood pressures and about cardiac rehab
contracted
Registered Nurse (RN) Hemodialysis (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 25, 2017
i am currently employed with Davita , and contracted to Christus St. Elizabeth hospital.
perform renal replacement therapy (hemodialysis) on chronic kidney patients and work closely with nursing staff in the intensive care units to treat acutely ill patients.
the hardest part of the job is the long hours and taking call.
I absolutely love watching the patients improve from criticaly ill to walking out of the hospital and going home.
fun place to work
STRESS LAB TEST TECH/ MEDICAL ASSISTANT NURSE TECH (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 22, 2017
fun and rewarding place to work, the learning possibilities are endless. the different shift availability was nice so that you could do your school work
Poor work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 18, 2017
Management cares only for themselves. There is no clear direction. Day and night shift disagrees about everything. Co-workers do not get along, thinking they are better then others. You are never allowed to make mistakes!!!!
Pros
Good benefits and PTO
Cons
Poor management, non-communication, co-workers
St. Elizabeth Hospital
Respiratory Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 15, 2017
Working at St. Elizabeth as a student has given me the opportunity to expound on the skills I have learned at school and clinical experiences. A typical work day consisted of 12 working hours were I was assigned to do floor treatments and care.
BSN, RN (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, KYAugust 1, 2017
I have enjoyed working with St. Elizabeth Hospital. is a place where you can work comfortably without worrying about chaos, fighting, cursing, etc. You come in everyday complete your tasks and then go home. It's not stressful and there's no distractions. Its a safe environment in a suburban area.
Pros
free parking
Cons
like to park closer in
Fast paced
Dietary Aide/FSA (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 31, 2017
Worked in the kitchen part time while going to school. The people there were great but little coverage considering it is just a service job, fast paced, and have to be quick on your feet. Some of the other departments/individuals looked down on us but for the most part everyone is super friendly and really nice.
Good overall
Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 28, 2017
The position is good overall with minor tweaks that could make the workplace more desirable. However, we just underwent a switch from one service to Ascension healthcare, so the glitches are still being worked out and the workplace will hopefully improve soon.
Very Slow advancement opportunities
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 27, 2017
Responsible for housekeeping duties, with minimal management interaction or direction.Unable to get assistance with heavy lifting. Lack of advancement opportunities or promotion.