St. Elizabeth Hospital Employee Reviews

Have to be willing to work hard
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INNovember 20, 2016
My job was, from the time you clock in, until you clock out, allot of walking, and doing a number of things at once, I would start to fall behind and ask for help and never got it. But it was ok for me to stop what I was doing to go and help someone else that was falling behind. I would go to Management and ask for help, all I got was a big, eating grin, basically they didn't care.
Pros
Great benefits, flexible scheduling
Cons
Management has favorites, ask for help, then your complaining.
St. E's values are excellent. I worked PRN so didn't receive benefits
Student Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 16, 2016
A variety of tasks throughout the day included: taking x-rays, transporting patients, mobile radiography, C-arm in surgery. I learned how to manage a variety of diseased and injured patients while producing optimal x-ray images. Management was undergoing some changes so had a lot of growing pains that made days difficult at times. Co-workers were nice to work with. The hardest part of the job was when it got really busy because it created a lot of stress. The most enjoyable part was working with the patient to obtain optimal images that would result in an accurate diagnosis so they could be treated and feel better.
Pros
good people to work with
Great atmosphere and roasting Dr's was the best
Medical Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILSeptember 1, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of rooming patients, vitals, scheduling, procedures, injections ect. I learned how to cath babies during urine screenings. Management was reasonable but could pay the employees better for there services. I worked with great co-workers that were fun and energetic at all times. The hardest part of the job would have been rooming 15 patient for seven different doctors. The most enjoyable part of this job was understanding the quality of working. Meaning knowing more than one job function will improve your chances on getting a better job.
Pros
Learning other job functions
Cons
Time management
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYMay 24, 2016
Large lab, fast paced lab, good compensation and benefits, training was very good, culture of quality work and results from the lab.
love to work at St. E.
Patient Care & Transporter (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, KYJanuary 9, 2016
The staff and management at St. E all get a long and work hard to provide excellent patient care and quality service to the region
Pros
continuing education
Cons
little room for advancement
Pleasant, friendly, amazing coworkers,fast paced enviroment.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 11, 2016
Pleasant, friendly, amazing coworkers, fast paced environment. I enjoyed meeting all the different people. I loved being able to work independently or as a team.
Pros
Great coworkers and enviroment
Cons
Poor management
Fast paced and the ability to problem solve is a must.
Pharmacy System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 4, 2016
Every department touches Pharmacy whether it is a request for assistance, medication or investigation. Working as a team ensures that staff will have what they need when they need it to give our patients the utmost care possible.
Pros
The ability to help with the healing process.
Cons
Current under staffing.
overall an enjoyable place to work
Unit Secretary-Labor and Delivery Unit (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILAugust 1, 2016
a typical day would be admitting the mothers into labor & delivery and then the babies when they were born, making out the birth certificates then discharging them when ready to leave.
Pros
help feed the babies and stamping their little feet on our wall in hall
Cons
called off due to low censes to much
Serious but fun environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYAugust 23, 2016
Learn how to talk to patients about anything. Learned about teamwork building. My co-workers are fun and intelligent to be around and make the days go by faster.
Enjoy the fast pace, ability to use clinical knowledge
Psychiatric Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, KYMay 5, 2016
Good working environment, everyday offers a wide variety of new and exciting challenges. I enjoy helping patients and the fast paced environment. At times wish, I had more opportunities to find patients the help they need.
Pros
close to home
Cons
non-flexible work schedule
Staff therapist working fulltime in NICU
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 3, 2015
I mostly worked night shift (7p-7a) for mostly critical care units. We had a great clinical team. All team members assisted the clinicians in need of assistance. Training and education was constant, so that, all clinicians were up to speed on new equipment and medications. The hardest part of job was working night shift. The best part of the job was working with all medical staff and developing great relationships.
Pros
Extra days off due to 12 hour shifts and and compensation working night shifts
Cons
No time for breaks are lunches due to heavy treatment loads.
Small town Hospital
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Enumclaw, WAJune 4, 2016
The dynamics in this hospital are great. Everyone from housekeeping to the doctors are easy to work with. Makes it an enjoyable place to work.
Health Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Enumclaw, WAMarch 30, 2016
Nice place to work. Beautiful facility. Most all other employees are very nice. Food in the cafe is excellent. More and more specialties will probably be added which could be great for people living in the area which is kind of far out from larger cities.
Pros
cafe food is excellent
good place to work
Registered Nurse, Cardiac/ Critical Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 20, 2016
Great Catholic values.Versatile work areas. Involved in the community and education. I like working for Franciscan Alliance. Great people to work with!
I was a ward clerk
Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Belleville, IL 62220April 4, 2016
Transcribed physicians orders from charts to the computer, answer telephones, file and maintain charts, give directions to customers, schedule different types of surgeries and enter charges into the computer
Small Facility with a family type atmosphere
OP Patient scheduler/OP Collections (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LAAugust 8, 2013
My day starts off from the second I sit down, printing out schedules, making collection calls, verifying insurance, prep of all outpatient charts etc. I've learned so much since I've began working here, began answering phones as a PRN PBX operator to get my foot in the door and within 6 months was cross trained in multiple departments and promoted. It's a very stressful job when dealing with not only patients that need services but explainging insurance benefits and payments that are required upon registration. I do enjoy always being able to help other co-workers in areas outside of my own, and having the ability to do so, you really never know what each day holds, as everyday is nearly different-the patients you deal with, the issues that arise, and the always changing protocal for testing etc
Pros
great insurance benefits, awesome people to work with, caring facility thats always looking to improve satisfaction scores etc.
Cons
short lunches, no room for advancement, pay
Productive workplace
Radiology Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LANovember 9, 2015
St. Elizabeth was my first job after obtaining my college degree. I really enjoyed working at St. Elizabeth as a radiology technology assistant in the Radiology Department. The staff was wonderful and friendly. I think that the salary and use a huge boost.
Pros
free luches and events for the staff
Cons
short breaks
An excellent place to work
Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 12, 2015
Patients are always placed first. The work culture is great, very supportive of both patients and employees. I wish it would have stayed small and personal as mergers meant a loss of that feeling.
Pros
Supportive work environment, care about patients
Cons
Merging with bigger healthcare systems making the environment less personal
Transported patients wherever they needed to go in the hospital
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYFebruary 23, 2016
A typical day at work started out by picking up a transport call and then continuing to pick up calls throughout the day. We would take patients anywhere from a CAT scan to discharging them from the hospital.
Pros
Patient/family interaction
Cons
Understaffed
was an okay enviroment, fun people to work with
Coding Associate (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 30, 2012
a typical day would include signing in to computer, reading outpatient charts and applying medical codes to diagnosis and procedures performed to send to billing. The coworkers were good and for the most part helpful and supportive. The management in the department was not good, very impersonal and would change terms at a drop of the hat. I at one point enjoyed the work, but because of management and issues within the department, started to have a feeling of not wishing to be there.
Pros
alright pay and benefits
Cons
management was not good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Elizabeth Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Elizabeth Hospital Reviews by Location