St. Elizabeth Medical Center Employee Reviews

It all depends on which dept you work for.
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 17, 2017
Very nice people in most departments. My experiences in some were horrendous. As with any job you have to have to proper fit to last. Make sure to get a detailed job description.
Was a long time ago
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYSeptember 27, 2017
Was at the beginning of my nursing career more than 30 years ago. Worked with some awesome folks but traveled more than 60 minutes each way. Enjoyed working with a diverse group of patients.
17 years ago it was a great place to work or to have a loved one.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 20, 2017
This is going to be short because my review is from 2000. As a registered nurse you were in charge of at least one or 2 halls, depending on the acuity. You had techs and LPNs working with you. Years ago most people stayed for a while because the pay was good and you became close to the residents. Management was fair and knew the employees. The hardest part was if you had to work an area you weren't familiar with. I really enjoyed getting to know the residents and it was a great way to learn my basics in nursing communication skills.
Pros
Continuity of care
Cons
Too many residents for 1 nurse on more independent areas.
Wonderful work place
Computer Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYAugust 9, 2017
Management team was wonderful. I worked 3rd shift and anytime I needed to call a manager they were always there. Always knew what was expected of me. Taught me a lot on how to solve computer and printer issues.
Pros
great great managers
Cons
3rd shift
educational busy medical center.
Chemistry Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILJuly 28, 2017
It was a big and busy hospital. It had a quick turn arround time laboratory. I enjoyed working in that hospital. St. Elizebath hospital do not exisst any more.
Community/patient focused
Medical Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 11, 2017
The organization made patients the priority and upheld their moral and ethical responsibilities. While a larger company, you still felt like everyone was there to reach the same goals and everyone looked out for each other.
Demanding unit but extremely gratifying.
STAFF RN (OR,CTOR) (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 9, 2017
My current department is a very small group of strong individuals. We function independently and are motivated learners. It is a demanding job with huge responsibilities. We consider ourselves family. We have been without a true department manager for a year now and remain strong despite the lack of management support with departmental issues. That is currently the hardest part of the job. Saving lives is the most enjoyable!
Great place to work for
Digital Media Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYJune 25, 2017
The only bad thing i would have to say is that the pay isn't great. They would hire people on after me (and I was there for a few years) and they would start out making more money than I did. Even new employees that came from outside companies.
Cons
The pay
Was a good first job.
Staff Nurse Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 21, 2017
This was a first job out of college. I was able to build my skills as a nurse and enjoyed working in a good environment. I was able to work part time when I got my next job.
Fast-paced work environment.
Hemodialysis Nurse (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYJune 2, 2017
In my department the work schedule changed at a moment's notice and the staff had to adjust and rebalance the patient load and work setting. We staffed the hemodialysis department at three different hospitals, and although you may start your work day at one location, you would have to be flexible enough to leave one site and go to another, sometimes in the middle of a treatment. I was an "on call" nurse, and my setting was primarily the ICU, taking care of the acutely ill patient. I would be called to take care of one patient, but if needed, I would stay to treat two, three or even four patients, as staffing demanded. We received orders from a team of seven nephrologists and had to adapt to the specifics demanded by each doctor. This was challenging but provided for the best possible patient outcomes.
Pros
Never a dull moment.
Cons
Little time for breaks or meals.

Want to know more about St. Elizabeth Medical Center?

Ask a question
terrible management. horrible insurance. Barbaric PTO policy
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, KY 41017May 12, 2017
PTO policy is barbaric. To work in a hospital surrounded by sick people and only get 3 days off a year is ridiculous. Plus the 5-1 pt to nurse ratio on a TCU floor is insane. We can't keep nurses because they are burning out in less than 1yr.
Pros
amazing group of nurses
Cons
5-1 pt nurse ratio on a TCU floor is terrible. They are guaranteeing burnout
A Productive place to work.
Clinical OR Manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MAMay 1, 2017
St. Elizabeth is an overall great place to work. Nice people to work for and a hospital who cares for their patients. The Management works well together. The hardest part is the fast-paced environment. The most enjoyable part for me is the people. I am a people person and I like the people here.
Weak leadership
Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 12, 2017
Are not willing to face the real challenges, prefer to chip around the edges.
Need to really look and see where things are broken before too late.
A lot of people dedicated to the patients.
Pros
Dedicated staff
Cons
Lack of understanding by management
fun place to work
Data entry of procedure codes and billing (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAApril 10, 2017
I admitted labor and delivery patients, Assigned bed placements for the hospital, hospital billing and procedure code data entry and check in patients for maternal fetal medicine.
Pros
fun place to work
Fair but frustrating
Registered Nurse - Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, KYApril 8, 2017
My day in the operating varies greatly. I don't feel I get support from my managers. The benefits are fair, but our yearly bonus is made each year to be more and more difficult to achieve. It is very frustrating, it is very difficult to make very sick people happy, and we truly try our best, but sometimes it feels like an uphill battle.
Pros
flexible scheduling
unit coordinator
Unit Secretary - Partime (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MADecember 6, 2016
this was a very outgoing and friendly place to work...i learned alot in inpatient care department and my mentors were great.they were very understanding and easy going
What I have learned
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, KYFebruary 15, 2016
I have learned from working at St. Elizabeth is excellent customer service and strive to make sure all the patients/ customers needs are met. The management is behind the worker 100% and tries to keep up morale.
Productive and fun workplace
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MANovember 30, 2015
Float to 4 medical surgical and telemetry floors. High intensity, fast paced work environment. Great co-workers. Good management.
Professional workplace
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 21, 2015
Worked many years for different supervisors, and was treated fairly by all. Co-workers were, by and large, great to work for.

Hardest part as working long hours to accomplish all my tasks, including remoting in from home.
Worked with nice and helpful co-workers
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYSeptember 28, 2015
Office was very organized and well maintained by Office Manager. Enjoyed assisting the patients by scheduling appointments, collecting co-payments, etc.
Pros
Friendly and helpful co-workers
Cons
Part time position