St. Francis College Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Make your own path.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 22, 2017
This college doesn't offer much for the money I invested. If it weren't for my volunteering work I really wouldn't have learned anything. I had to put a lot of mine and a lot of dedication to succeed, but everything by own.
It is an amazing experience being here
Student Senator on Social Media Committee (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 7, 2017
the work space is enriching. team members are excellent to work with. I am having a great experience in the community. people and management are always ready for a change and are easy to approach.
I provided Green Screen Photography
Green Screen Photographer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 31, 2017
I provided Green Screen Photography St.Francis Casino Night event every year. Management made it very easy to fulfill my responsibilities as Event Photographer. The workplace culture was diverse and very inviting. Finding parking was not easy.

I enjoyed creating the backdrops, taking the photos, Printing the photos, and presenting the photos.
Pros
Working with mgmt
Cons
This is a really great place to grow professionally
Work Study Student and Visiting lecturer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 8, 2017
Work schedules at St. Francis college is matched to each employee's skill and profession, while all the assignments were complimentary to the overall development of the students and staffs of the institution.
Pros
Opportunity to grow professionally
Cons
Work study student and occasional visit to lecture
Demanding Workplace
Coach (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 28, 2017
Franciscan Culture, which creates a good nurturing environment for the students. Competitive school, only drawback is lack of facilities. Fun and spirited
Head Diving Coach (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 17, 2017
I absolutely loved working at St. Francis College. My boss was fabulous and very understanding and the athletes were a pleasure to work with. I love my coworkers as well
Small College. Big Dreams.
Senior Adjunct Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 31, 2017
With 150 years of history, St. Franics College is an institution steeped in the Franciscan tradition of offering a high quality Liberal Arts education of the young people of Brooklyn.
Good working environment
Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  TECHNICAL TRAINERFebruary 27, 2017
Gained technical knowledge and practical knowledge about various electrical topics and felt good working environment and good management skills gained
Small school that helps build you up
Reporter/Videographer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 16, 2017
The school itself is small in class size and area, so not many activities, or clubs are presented. However I worked with great professors who I can now call my mentor. They helped me understand the duties that the real world would need of me. And for communication arts majors there are a lot of video and television materials you can use for class projects or personal projects.
Pros
One on One time with Professors
Cons
Too small
A great workplace where one not only helps students with their career goals but works on their own goals as well
Peer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Heights, NYOctober 16, 2016
It is a great place where you are able to develop great management and organizational skills when scheduling meetings with students and helping them with their career goals.
Pros
Being involved, and helping the community
Cons
Low pay
interdisciplinary small sized college institution
Student (Former Employee) –  BiologySeptember 14, 2015
St. Francis College is a smaller sized college, which is terrific for education. The academic staff can focus on students needs more on an individual level, which allows for students to learn in a unique environment where they can learn better and more comfortably. This also highly promotes mentorships and the desire to succeed.
Great Place To work
Adjunct Psychology Professor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 2, 2015
I love this school and all of the professors and administrators. Its a small school with a big heart!!! I would recommend this school to anyone.
Productive and a Drag
Clerical / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 21, 2015
typical day for me was paper work and giving placement exams to incoming freshmen. I learned that you can't trust people. Some of my co works were awesome and others made my life a living nightmare. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the pettiness of some co workers. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the students.
Pros
interacting with students
Cons
too much to list
A good school, affordable compared to other private colleges
Diabetes Health Educator, Health Fair (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 7, 2015
St. Francis College is a good school to go to if you want to attend a private college that is affordable. There are so many right by the school that makes transportation so accessible. There are a lot of opportunities here but one has to be prepared to put some effort into what they do. Always plan ahead when it comes to having extra funds for this school in addition to any financial assistance received.
Flexible Work Environment
Data Entry Clerk & IT Helpdesk (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 24, 2015
Quality Job, Flexible work schedule, great and clean work environment. Nice co- workers and management. Learned more about the IT industry as well as gaining customer service experience.
Good place to get your education and work experience as well
Student Assistant Worker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, New YorkApril 17, 2015
Small college of big dreams. True! St. Francis College gives you a great educational start and helps to get the necessary work experiences with internships and assistant work opportunities.
Small college big dreams
Senior Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 15, 2014
While working at St. Francis College I gained a great deal of leadership skills. I learned to be able to do presentations and give reports at meetings. St. Francis atmosphere was friendly and caring for the entire community. I loved working with my co-workers and have remained friends with them today.
Pros
Atmosphere and location
Cons
change in managment
Great Job
Registrar Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 6, 2014
Great work life balance. Great management. Learned alot from company
Great Learning Experience
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 6, 2014
It's a great place to learn new skills about game production with a great and dedicated crew.
Productive department
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Heights, NYJuly 9, 2014
-the typical day included booking tutoring appointments, fixing mistakes in Microsoft Outlook, filing tests and portfolios
-prepared disabled and disadvantaged students for exams
-learned how to utilize Microsoft Outlook and Excel
-learned how to suppress emotions and expressions while at work
-learned how to work productively in teams
-management was inconsistent
-miscommunication became the norm
-hardest part of the job was coping with impartial supervisors and headstrong peers
-most enjoyable part of the job was celebrating the milestones of staff members in the department and the edible culture shock moments
Pros
Free school merchandise during big events, time available to complete schoolwork
Cons
Loud and crowded environment, miscommunication between peers and supervisors