St. Francis Health Center Employee Reviews

A fun place to work
CT/Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 23, 2017
I have worked here for 15 years and I have had a blast. I could not say enough good about my supervisor. From the top down everyone I work with I feel has my back.
Pros
a lot of emphasis on patient care here
Cons
nothing
Rewarding place to work and interaction with patients and family
Radiology Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 20, 2017
A typical day is very busy between opening up my department, checking in patients, answering phone lines and faxes. Once other staff starts arriving for the day I am able to go to my office and work on billing duties. The local management is fantastic and great to work with. The are very knowledgeable and ready to help in any situation. The hardest part of the job is it can be feast or famine. A lot of things happening at the same time or a lull of dead time. It is key during famine to keep yourself busy. The most enjoyable part of the job are the patients, their families, and the staff. A smile goes a long say either when you are giving it or receiving it.
Pros
It is an open environment, friendly & helpful staff
Cons
IT Help is out of state-there are so many departments, you often get sent around to several before you can find someone to help you.
Excellent staff like family, stresses quality patient care and tremendous loyalty
Mobile Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 17, 2017
When working at St. Francis you'll quickly notice the warm welcome like family. Rapport between floors and departments is excellent. Has a propensity to give growth opportunity to any employees that seek it. Consistently gets high marks on patient care and always looking to improve; this is truly at the center of this faith based hospital and its mission. Currently undergoing tremendous uncertainty of closure or layoff.
Pros
Growth opportunity, superb workplace culture
Cons
Very uncertain job security
Amazing
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 15, 2017
I have worked at St. Francis for 7 years and have done a multitude of job duties. I have gone from medical billing, to Payroll, to Secretary to Registration and now work in Medial Records. I serve as my supervisors "left arm" which means I am her back-up when she is gone. I am in charge or ordering supplies of all kinds.

St. Francis has really opened up my skills.
Pros
Welcoming
Cons
Possible closing
Floatinf secetary for the seperate units at the hospital
Unit Float Secretary (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 1, 2017
Very busy fast paced
my position was nights
i learened a lot about working in a hospital and the inner workings of many different medical treatment units
The supervisors were very kind and helpful
The hardest part of the job was losing a patient and not being able to be in two places at once when things were very busy
knowing i was helping the hospital staff provide the best care that the could by doing my part in reallying care was the best part of my position, even though i was more of a behind the scenes person
Pros
knowing i helped many people in their time of need
Cons
short breaks if any and working overnights
Fast paced, several technology learning experiences.
Systems Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 18, 2017
I got to work at 8am. First, review the highest priority help desk tickets. Field support calls from end-users. Order parts for repairs and order new devices for upgrades or new deployments. Several learning experiences with so many different devices and software configurations. Management was always helpful and gave us what we needed to succeed. Co-workers were great, team oriented. Hardest part of the job was working on holidays. The most enjoyale part was the satisfaction of working at a health center and being a part of helping people.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work on holidays
The company is nice to work for.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 10, 2016
The benefits are pretty good and in my experience, the staff was wonderful to work with. As with any job there are cons but in general I enjoyed my time at St. Francis.
Awful place to work!
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 11, 2014
Horrible place to work! Administrators try to make you perform job duties that are not within your scope of capability. Stumbling just trying to get through. If hospital census is down, you have to leave and use your vacation/sick time.
Pros
Medical insurance is really good.
Cons
Constant change in staff and positions.
Caring and professional hospital work place!
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 23, 2014
Enjoyed my co-workers and supervisors!
A typical day at work was never high stress or out-of-control.
Cook
COOK (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 27, 2014
Cooked for customers. Helped with banquets. Created new menu for grill
Nice place to work
Perioperative Nurse - 48 Hour Call (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 12, 2013
Great place to work, wonderful co workers and supportive management.
We have great team. Everyone works together
Unit Secretary and Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 26, 2013
My day start with a all day shift employees meeting with the charge nurse to know what happen during the night and any other need to know information and ends with a prayer. Once the day is started we all help one another no matter what your title is.
Pros
awesome people to work with
Cons
you have a work some weekend and holidays
Productive, positive and helpful work place
Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 26, 2012
At St. Francis I am only a PRN employee, but have been given multiple opportunities for hours. The staff is all very professional, helpful, and work very well together. Since I began working as a student I have learned a lot from other staff member about different aspects of being a repiratory therapist and continue to learn more and more everyday.
Pros
positive work environment and great staff
Cons
not having benefits as a prn employee