St. Francis Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 6, 2017
It was a very nice place to work.I work there for 22 years,they stood behind they employees.We had a lots of things to do.Like celebrate the hospital accomplishement in the health care field
its an okay work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYDecember 6, 2017
I have learned a lot working in the department I'm in. overall my manger is a great down to earth person and very reasonable. I just feel that the way time is accrued for clerical employees and health care professionals aren't fare. I've been with this company for ten years and It seems like I don't accumulate time. As for the benefits they are so so. not the best. I don't like feeling trapped into having a procedure in at one of the CHS facilities.
Pros
able to get a discount on rx
Cons
salary and time accrual
Very high turnover with non competitive wages
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 3, 2017
Fast paced environment. The staff is friendly and customer service satisfaction driven. Pro is allowed if days are out in in advance and benefits are great.
Benefits
Cons
No holiday bonuses or employee excellence recognitions from managers and supervisors.
Depends on your unit
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 28, 2017
If you work in a good unit, this is an awesome place to work. If you aren't in a good unit, work is miserable.
Management is not the best. Especially in the Tower.
Stressful, but that is to be expected working in a hospital.
Great benefits, good company.
Productive and great place to work.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 26, 2017
I did volunteering after I was done with my Medical office assistant program. The employees were helpful and friendly and willing to teach you and guide me as needed.
Stressful
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 26, 2017
They don’t take employees seriously. They want to work you as if you are five people in one. Management does not know how to do half of what the techs do. They will not let you finish one task without pulling you off of it to go do something else. Management does not know how to manage. I would not recommend it to anyone. Inpatient pharmacy is rough, outpatient pharmacy is better. I do not recommend the hospital pharmacy.
it was good
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 23, 2017
take laundry to differnt floors an trash buff an wax floors clean laundry room differnt things i learned work was easy people was nice an also the mangerment
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breakes
Its an interesting place to work at times
Patient Transport Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 20, 2017
You get to see all different types of people. And its not like watching Greys Anatomy or ER. You are mostly on your feet sometimes for up to eight hours depending on the shift or how much people are in the Emergency Room. So expect to burn some calories.
Pros
2 different breaks
Cons
2 people on nights
One of the best hospitals in NY
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYNovember 20, 2017
Magnet level of care in nursing, a strong culture of excellence making it number 1 in heart surgery on Long Island. Respiratory Therapists are respected members of the treatment team and have more autonomy compared to other institutions.
lab assist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, ILNovember 16, 2017
Very pleasant place to workl
Management was very seldom present
Everyone was nice to work with
slow paced hospital few beds
i worked evenings that i liked very much
loved my job
commercial biller (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 13, 2017
I truly enjoyed my job. I loved my job duties and the people I work with. Productivity guidelines are fair and reachable. management are encouraging and supportive. The culture of the office is fun and team oriented. Everyone is approachable and helpful. I would've loved to stay there until I retire. They are outsourcing the billing office.
lab tech (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 13, 2017
I worked in the lab and met a lot of great people. I learned a lot about the medical field. Would like to work there again be part of the team. Acessioned specimens into the computer for 8 hrs and delivered specimens to the different depts. in the lab.
Pros
nice people
N/a
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 10, 2017
The job isn't that bad but the techs are not always respected. Type A personality nurse does not allow you to run the floor the way you see fit. Wish we could make the national average of pay.
slinging nebs
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74136November 9, 2017
Way overworked! You're not allowed to use your brain at all!!! No actual pt care! Document vents and sling nebs on very strict time line! No abg's, no pulse ox, don't touch the O2 and run like crazy
Excellent
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYNovember 9, 2017
Seeing a doctor and nurse smile
I have seen their hard work and its not easy
Supervisor are great
and their are issues at times in the work place but you learn to work around it
Hardest part is seeing a nurse working 12 hrs
The most enjoyable part is working with nurse and doctors
Pros
Smile
Cons
Tears
Great place to work never boring, constantly changing
Emergency / Admitting Registrar (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYNovember 8, 2017
A typical day at work for me consists of job functions that include, high volume telephone reception, faxing, photocopying.

Registering patients, verifying insurance information, obtaining authorizations online or by phone with live insurance representatives.
Collection of balances due for patients for outpatient procedures, and securing private rooms and the collection for deluxe rooms.

Setting/assembling charts for next day procedures for up to three different departments.

Escorting patients to there destinations in numerous areas in the hospital.
Pros
Great Atmosphere and meeting lots of people with interesting backgrounds
Cons
N/a
Decent place to work
Registered Nurse, Medical/Surgical Floor (Current Employee) –  CTNovember 8, 2017
Nice place to work when staffing levels are adequate. Ancillary staff is typically adequate to ensure a safe and productive work environment. Parking can be rather far for some people though.
worked there a long time ago
RN (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 3, 2017
It has been twenty-eight years since I worked at St Francis. I do not know about current working conditions at Via Christi St Francis hospital.
Constantly Improving
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 3, 2017
The staff at St. Francis can either be wonderful or a disaster. You can usually tell who cares about their job and wants to be there vs. someone who just wants a paycheck. Throughout the year I've seen improvements.
Not a bad place to work. Needs improvement.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 1, 2017
The culture was very biased depending on race or ethnicity. Supervisor was excellent. Benefits were terrible under Lifepoint.
Advancement was rare. No raises. Excellent learning opportunities and wonderful co-workers. Very stressful conditions as your work had to be perfect, lawful and accurate. Best part of the job were the patients I met and my co-workers.
Pros
Free prescriptions
Cons
terrible insurance and hard to reach HR to resolve problems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Francis Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.