St. Francis Hospital Employee Reviews

Rewarding
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYJanuary 23, 2017
I learned a lot at St francis as a patient cared associate. My typical day at work would consist of Vital Signs, Walking patients, testing blood sugars with a glucometer, taking blood from patients, cleaning patients, performing and reading EKGs. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help patients whenever they needed my help. I also liked talking to patients and hearing their stories about their lives.
Pros
Experience, Rewarding, Patients, Coworkers.
Cons
Short staffed
Rewarding once you become comfortable
Security Control Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 12, 2017
Be prepared to take on a lot of responsibility as the face of the security department for the hospital. Not a job to be taken lightly, but rewarding if you learn to succeed. You will be answering phone calls from the public, nurses, doctors, other staff members, and occasionally the suits of the hospital.
The training is tough, and you learn a lot a lot more on the job after training. After a few intimidating months you'll get set in and the job becomes much more manageable once you begin to understand the schedule and operation of the hospital.
Learning experience
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 28, 2016
a typical day at work it St.Francis was starting with morning conditioning...Saying good morning can always make a person,are persons feel better...good additude is very,very,important and so smiling was very important..I learned how a great deal of how important communication is with other empoyee.,are co workers..the hardest part of my job was unloading of truck..on day there was a demand and dealine had to be met..but job was always completed..The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all the wonderful people i met...really injoyed.
Lack of quality assurance abounds here
Lead Hematology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 10, 2017
I worked in the lab and the supervisor there did not have her certification and it showed. She regularly violated CLIA laws and upper did not seem to care. She also would freak out and punch walls and throw things around the room. The pay was average but the work environment was unprofessional and not safe.
Pros
parking garage
Cons
federal law violations and workplace violence
Guest related/ Costumer service
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 13, 2016
A typical day at work would involve answering phone calls, directing guest to patient rooms, maintaining confidentiality, and assisting nurses/doctors on information about patients if needed. I learned how to access patient information through their system and how important it is to make sure you are available to guest while adhering to the companies policy. Management overall was great. Co-workers were friendly, easy going, and always willing to help. I personally feel there wasn't any difficult or hard parts of the job.Most enjoyable part of the job would certainly be interacting with guest and being able to assist them to my best ability.
Excellent Teaching Hospital & great opportunity for advancement.
RN Charge Nurse Chronic, Acute & Home Hemodialysis (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 1, 2017
Excellent Teaching Hospital & great opportunity for advancement if you are a conscientious & hard worker. Friendly & caring environment. Great opportunity for learning also.
Pros
Great opportunity for learning & advancement.
Cons
Some of the teachers at the nursing school were mean if they did not like your personality.
Having the opportunity to work and assist a registered nurse rather than only being under the supervision of, I feel like I have learned so much.
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 8, 2016
I have learned the importance of communication and documentation.
An observation floor gives the opportunity to have a variety of cases which is interesting to me. I like the fact that not only do I work under the supervision of a registered nurse but have the opportunity to assist with procedures, I feel like I have learned so much.
Pros
Employee discounted lunch and 12 hour shifts
Cons
No designated breaks and or lunches
Great Hospital to work for before the lay offs.
Secretary/Computer Program Installer (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, ILDecember 8, 2016
Day started at 8 am and getting work orders together for maintenance crew to complete for the day.
Answer phones.
Complete Reports.
Schedule maintenance of plant and Biomed equipment.
Learned quite a bit about all aspects of the maintenance of equipment and building design.
Learned AutoCad
Most of the co-workers were easy to work with and friendly.
Pros
All good
Cons
No Cons at the time I was there.
Excelleant
nurse casemanger (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 2, 2016
St. Francis is a faith based hospital with a mission of providing excellent care with dedicated staff, while upholding the hospitals values of integrity, excellence, compassion, collaboration and dedication to all. I was one of those individuals for 10 yrs upholding and serving our community, with multiple challenges in providing a safe discharge, by meeting all possible needs for the patient and family.
Teamwork and Collaboration
Registered Nurse, Staff/Charge Nurse, Educator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 18, 2016
St. Franics hospital has a great reputation for teamwork within its staff members. We work together like family. When a trauma comes in, everyone stops (if they can) and helps out the nurse and patient needing the most care. It is a very well orchestrated system of caring and professionalism. Regardless of what is going on around us or with management, we work together and we stick together.
I really do enjoy my job.
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 12, 2017
When I first started working at St. Francis , I had no idea about what would be required of me. As I began to learn how sterile processing works, I actually enjoy what I do. Although I enjoy what I do , I am currently in the process of furthering my education and becoming an LPN.
Pros
Set Schedule
Cons
Constant changes
Great people
Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 7, 2016
It was a great place to work, which is why I stayed 11+ years, at times extremely busy but great team work helped make it easier. My day consisted of correctly obtaining correct demographic information to quickly assist patients in emergency need
Pros
excellent team work
Cons
short breaks, very busy at times in the ED
Multitask and fast past work atmosphere
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYJanuary 1, 2017
Transfer and discharge patients
Answer phone calls
Make consult calls to doctors
Restock linens and pantry items
Hand out food trays to corresponding patients
Pick up medications from pharmacy
Wheel out patients when discharged
Keep all patient files organized and neat
have worked here 20 years
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 17, 2016
work 12 hour shifts, many opportunities to work in many specialty areas, management for the most part is supportive of nurses, love my co-workers, small unit, large facility,
Pros
good pay, lots of specialty area to expand ones knowledge
Cons
float to unfamiliar units, lots of admits, no cap on nurse to pt ratio
Working at St. Francis was a good palce to work. I made a supportive group of friends there.
Manager Sterile Processing (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 22, 2016
A typical work day was extremely busy.

St. Francis has taught me that a work life balance was something I need to move forward to find.

The leadership that I worked side by side with is no longer employed at St. Francis. They were some of the best people I've come to know here. They made it easy to work long hours because they were as dedicated to our patients as I was.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the people the I came in contact with. Everyone has a story to tell and you need to listen and acknowledge what they are going through.
Very corporate and professional work environment
(Temporary) Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 21, 2016
Great team environment! All of the department worked cohesively as a whole to get goals and objectives completed. I hated to leave this company! It was a fantastic place to be and a positive environment full of great people!
Pros
great team, flexible
Cons
Super corporate, strict dress code
Review Summary: Typical day in the life of a Volunteer at St. Francis Hospital.
Volunteer Services (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 9, 2016
Help investigate and research patients discharge summaries, patient health records.
I learned how to research patient demographics, insurance information and physician notes and assessments for the patient.
Co-workers were great. Willing to work with you and help you if you needed help.
Hard part of the job - being able to find the appropriate information that was requested by the physician or insurance company.
Pros
Don't get paid for volunteer work.
Cons
No cons.
Great place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 23, 2017
St. Frances Hospital was a great place to work. Colleges treated each other with respect. If you did not know something, you could ask a co-worker for help without fear the request would show up on job performance evaluation as a negative behavior. Genuine people.
Not Very enticing unless you are management
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Yale, OKJanuary 15, 2017
Lots of openings in the lab due to high turnover rate. not very many opportunities to advance. compensation is low, morale is usually pretty low. would recommend to younger applicants due to low compensation and lack of benefits.
good. fair and competant employer
pre-admission testing and or secretary (Former Employee) –  ambulatory surgeryOctober 17, 2016
I have been overall satisfied with my employer.I did my job at the best of my abilility. Work load increased by errors were made, 3 in past year,, hence dismissal
Pros
satisfied
Cons
due to cutbacks, work load over extended in expected time frame.Rushed to get work done in 40 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Francis Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Francis Hospital Reviews by Location