St. Francis Hospital Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working with patients
Nurse extender (Former Employee), Roslyn, NYAugust 26, 2015
Pros: The training was exceptional and made the worker feel confident
Cons: under staffed which can make for a stressful work environment
Very busy but learned a tremendous amount of nursing and life skills. The management was flexible and willing to educate. The hardest part of the job was balancing different tasks. The most enjoyable part was the reward of helping the patients
Hectic but exciting workplace with great employees
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Always something to be able to keep yourself busy
Cons: No breaks if you work in central for the most part
A typical day can be hectic with many medications being sent via the tube station and being hand carried to the floors. The morning are usually easy going but from 9am - 11am are typically very busy.

I learned how to multitask fairly well from working at he St. Francis hospital. Also learned to communicate better.

The hardest part of the job is working in central pharmacy. Keeping up with the pace and getting medications to the patients in a timely and safe manner is difficult to keep up with but rewarding.
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEAugust 20, 2015
I was responsible for nursing care for patients of 7South Medical-Surgical and 7North Surgical Units. I acquired initial nursing exposure to the nursing process. With the understanding of the five-step process of the nursing role I was able to gain confidence as a novice. Through my confidence I critiqued my understanding of pharmacological administration, medication bioavailability and adverse reactions/side effects. I maximized my assessment skills to implement the correct plan of care.
Rampant issues throughout all levels of management
Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: There are some really good people that work here
Cons: Most of the good people are not in management positions
Check out the past year or so of articles in the Ledger Enquirer, especially the recent months, before you decide you may want to work here.
Very busy but rewarding
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Learning about Medical terms
Cons: no overtime
We check-in, Check-out and schedule appointments for our patients. I have learned to use NextGen, Meditech as well as Passport, Navinet, State of Delaware Medical site to verify insurance. I have also learned to enter charges into the system and learn about ICD9 codes.

Working with the Management and Staff has been a pleasure and very interesting to learn what they have to share with me. Hardest part of the job is trying to help everyone in 8 hours and when we are booked completely and would like to help a patient see a Doctor sooner. I enjoy helping others and that is my favorite part of the job.
Good Work Place
Nursing Assistant IV (Current Employee), Bartlett TNAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Flexible Schedule
Cons: Not having access to the cafeteria after hours
Enthusiastic Co-Workers, Open Door Policy to speak with management, Busy days and nights, Good Customer Service, Sometimes you will get tired but its just the boost you need to keep going.
It;s a friendly,understanding,christian atmoshere
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 7, 2015
A typical day would be cleaning, and understanding the sick.. I learned that people are at there worst when they are sick so you let God handled it. Blessed the sick and shut-in. Management is tight with law and ordered follow the rules and you will be rewarded . Co-workers was very helpful as a team. The hardest part was when the pages go off and STAT come in . The most enjoyable part of the job was when one person down the team still did the job
Fast-paced work environment
LPN (Current Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 6, 2015
Cons: Not as many hours as promised.
Whenever I got to work in the mornings, I would go get instruments and put them in the correct spots. Then, I would go turn on the rooms and stock them to get them patient ready. After that, I would start triaging patients and putting them in rooms. Once the doctor was ready, we would go in the rooms together and I would assist him with procedures and complete the charts. I learned to multi-task very well. My management and coworkers were very helpful to me. The hardest part of the job was handling all of the different aspects as a nurse. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with all of our patients.
Very nice place to work
Diabetes Educator/Dietitian (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: learning
Cons: flexibility
A good place to work, I learned a lot about diabetes educacation, my boss was wonderful. Provided Medical Nutrition therapy
Productive workplace with very nice co-workers.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 27, 2015
Enjoyed working for St. Francis Hospital. I got to know a lot of employees personally. Had good interaction with the managers.
Very productive and fast paced.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Good insurance, working with the patients
Cons: Barely can get a lunch break and poor team work.
A typical work day in the ER is very fast paced. Going in and out of patients rooms gathering demographic and insurance information accurately for billing purposes.
My jobs there was a fast pace everyday.
Lead Patient Account Rep (Former Employee), Litchfield, ILJuly 21, 2015
I learned several new programs through the years that I was there. Most of them the new programs I was in charge of set up the programs and training the co workers for the new systems. The hardest part of the job was having helping out in several other jobs and still doing my job.
Positive work environment.
Chaplain Resident (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 20, 2015
St. Francis is a positive work environment where the culture is that of family. Every employee is made to feel like family as they enter the company and as a result the patients and clients feel the same.
Nice place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Beech Grove, INJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling
Cons: Short breaks
Responsible for assisting nursing staff with activities of daily living of patients on the Long-Term Acute Care unit.
Responsible for colostomy and Foley care.
Management heavy atmosphere
Circulator, cath lab (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 10, 2015
Pros: clinical staff
Cons: management
Good people working the clinical roles. Middle and upper management is woefully incompetent. Many of the supervisors are put in those places to keep them from blundering away someones life.
PRODUCTIVE
Respiratory Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: PT CARE, LOVE IT.
Cons: TALKING BEHIND BACKS, JUDGING
I LOVE PT CARE. WE WOULD GO TO ALL CODES,RAPID RESPONCE'S. DAY STARTED AT 6:30 AND ENDED AT 7:15. WOULD ARRIVE AND GET REPORT WRITE DOWN THE ASSIGNMENT FOR THE DAY GET ON THE FLOOR BY 7:15AM. I WOULD WORK IN ICU, GIVE TX'S ON THE FLOOR OR WORK IN THE ER WITH A SMALL FLOOR ASSIGNMENT. STAYED WITH THE PT DURNING THE THERAPY AND ANSWER QUESTIONS OR EDUCATE THE PT AND FAMILY. CHECKED CHARTS THROUGHOUT THE DAY. CHECK AND MAKE SURE THE OTHER THERAPIST WERE DOING OK OR NEEDED HELP. AS THE DAY WENT ON WE WOULD DO EQUIPMENT WHICH MEANT PUTTING IT TOGETHER STOCKING THE FLOORS WITH EQUPIMENT OR TANKS. CHECK XRAYS AND MAKE SURE WE WEERE DOING THE APPROPREATE CARE. SEE IF THERE WAS SOMEETHING THE PT NEEDED OR DIDN'T NEED ANYMORE. WHEN FAMILY GOT LOST SHOW THEM THE RIGHT AREA THEY NEEDED TO GO TO. TTAKE PT'S TO CT IF ON VENTALATORS. WE CARRIED A BEEP AND CELL PHONE FOR CALLS THROUGHOUT THE DAY. IF CALLED DURNING LUNCH WOULD HAVE TO STOP EATING AND SEE ABOUT CALL. WHICH IS FINE WITH ME. GGIVE REPORT AT THE END OF THE DAY HAND OFF BEEPER AND PHONE RIGHT BEFOR WE LIVE SO OTHER SHIFT CAN WRITE DOWN THEIR ASSIGNMENT AS OTHER SHIFT DID FOR US.
good atmosphere with coworkers
Charge RN (Current Employee), Cardiovascular UnitJuly 8, 2015
Cons: understaffing
The main issue at this hospital is the absence of a float pool. What does this mean to full-time employees? They get floated frequently to other areas of the hospital. We love helping the hospital but it is hard to care for those outside our realm of experience without proper training. Otherwise, the atmosphere at this hospital is unlike any thatI have ever experienced. The staff seems to have a bond, hospital wide, that is very important for the best patient care and outcomes.
great work place
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Litchfield, ILJuly 5, 2015
St. Francis is a good hospital to work. The people that work at this hospital are friendly and happy. Great work place it is a 25 Bed hospital.
very great workplace, friendly co workers
Environmental services, medical office greeter (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: free lunches
the most enjoyable part of the job was the people around me.
the co-workers were amazing and very friendly
the management there was great
I learned how to give proper directions to patients
Not too shabby.
Clinical Secretary (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 30, 2015
Pros: Opportunities for advancement, great benefits, great hours
Cons: Healthcare field, exposure to germs/bacteria
As a unit secretary, your day typically begins with ordering supplies for the unit supply room and the nourishment rack. You must be able to pick concepts up quickly to not have a stressful day at work. A positive attitude is a must. On all units, there will be high intensity situations. It is best to always remain calm and positive. Management will usually be very helpful, unless it is something out of their control. Co-workers are usually very nice, no one is outright mean (if they are, ignore them for as much as you can), but if you have a problem, please go to management. The hardest part of the job is probably being positive and optimistic. It does get stressful, from time to time, but you are there to do a job and to assist everyone on staff, so that the patients can get better. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people get better. It is rewarding in the end, if you can keep your head up.