St. Francis Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Awarding
RN Alcohol/ Drug Rehab,Detox (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 2, 2016
Interesting, and educational. Great working with such a culturally diverse population. Friendly co-workers. company encouragement of further education. Tuition reimbursement.
Pros
No uniforms required, professional attire.
Cons
Large amount of admissions at one time.
Poor management with a good team of nurses
Regestered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 30, 2016
As a floor nurse everyday was different. I worked three 12 hr. shifts, but not consecutive days. Three owners in 10 yrs., four CEO's in 10 years, and seven supervisor's in 10 yrs. A very inconsistent work environment.I met and worked with some very dedicated nurses's and formed lasting relationships. I was given the opportunity to learn many skills in a team effort atmosphere
Pros
We always had a festive Nurse's Week
Cons
Very limited break-times. Forced to work with broken or uncaliberated equipment.
Don't do it.
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 23, 2016
The company is good. The patients can be lovely but watch ur back. You may think the co workers are your friends but when you are gone they talk about you and report you for the same thing they did. Management stick together very well and they never side with you even when they know you are right. Disrespect amongst co workers is very high. Black employees have a target the first time you stand up for yourself. If you are better at the job then someone who has been there longer, you are targeted more. Watch what you say at all times. Its best you stay away from the group and not speak much. I would not recommend St. Francis to any person I consider a friend. Nobody should be subjected to that kind of emotional abuse.
Pros
some nice people
Cons
sneaky co workers, the management stick together, new black staff is a target from the begining.
Great Experience
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 18, 2016
I really looked forward to work every day. My co-workers were friendly and pretty laid back. I would definitely recommend this job to someone else, especially for getting great exposure to the medical field.
It is a good place to learn and grow
Team Lead/Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 16, 2016
Every day is a learning experience, being in a hospital environment can be a challenge dealing with a lot of different personalities as far as staff, patients and patient family members.
Interesting and Educational Fun place to work with a great team
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 15, 2016
Working at St. Francis has been a rich experience for me. I enjoyed the patient care and meeting new people. Nursing assisting is a wonderful career and feeling needed is gratifying . The co-workers are wonderful and always helpful and extremely nice and caring. I loved working with a team that met goals and each day was a new learning experience. They truly care about people and it shows. I will miss them all as I journey forward.
Pros
Each new day is a new experience
Cons
Very relaxing and "chill" environment to be a part of. Employees are respectful and so are the customers
Gift Shop Clerk (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAApril 11, 2016
A typical day at work is very relaxing, though still active in my responsibilities. I learned important things such as my first impression on customers, being able to correctly deposit the correct amount of change to security, giving back the correct amount of change to customers, accepting and managing all different types of payment methods, etc. My co-worker is extremely helpful when I need help and always has a smile on her face. The hardest part of the job would be blowing balloons and properly packaging products. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a conversation with customers and seeing smiles on their faces.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Repetitive tasks can be tedious
Overall good Rating
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYMarch 10, 2016
Generally very busy day. Constantly multi-tasking and managing time. Great co-workers, friendly staffing. Hospital in itself, has very kind employees where as one person who may not be stands out a great deal. Overall it is a great hospital, awesome benefits, good enviroment to work.
Very intense company to work for
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 29, 2016
This Job was a learning experience for me. I am not a fan. I am grateful to have had a job for that period of time but I wouldn't make it my career.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
unorganized, favoritism, prejudice
Fun and Awesome work place
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Beech Grove, INFebruary 20, 2016
I sat with the patients, and I loved it and enjoyed it a lot. The staff was great people to work with every single day and night. They was always there when you needed a helping hand on anything at all.
Pros
Great group of people to work with and great patients to take care of.
Cons
They done away with the job and closed that hospital down in Beech Grove
I thoroughly enjoy my job
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 18, 2016
Everyday is different and challenges all that you've learned and been trained to do. My team works well together, of course personalities clash but we are a family. The hardest part of my job is encountering new situations but my team and supervisor are always there to help.
Pros
Learning so much
Cons
Job security in question
Great Learning Experience
Radiology Registration Representantive (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 7, 2016
It was a great learning experience for me. I was able to learn more about customer service in the medical field. I highly recommend them for employment,
Pros
Love every part of my job !
Cons
Sometimes the work hrs are difficult
QA experience
Quality Improvement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53215February 5, 2016
Has a working knowledge of current local, state and federal regulation and regulatory agency standards, including JCAHO, BQA (Bureau of Quality Assurance) and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Conditions of Participation. Has working knowledge of Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules & Regulations. Identified trends for enhancements or changes in services.
Established appropriate work groups to facilitate accomplishments of service area goals and activities, and changes that arise from regulatory agencies.

Conducted and documented regular departmental and specialty staff meetings to maintain open communication with employees. Maintained open communication with multiple external contacts; hospital attorneys, liability insurance representatives, other health care disciplines and peers from other facilities.

Prepared and reports quality and risk issues to Leadership Team, Administrative Team and the Governing Board.

Coordinated complaint process and reports data on a biannual basis.
Great teamwork!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYFebruary 2, 2016
Working as a RN in a hospital can be stressful. However, with a great team, you can accomplish so much more. I love caring for my patients at St. Francis and I learn new things everyday. It is a true privilege to be a Registered Nurse.
short staffed over worked, poor compensation
Assistant Office Manager/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYFebruary 1, 2016
over worked short staff, poor management, unhelpful management. I have learned a lot of positions due to poor staffing and consistently covering other departments the hardest part is going too work their and the best is leaving everyday
Pros
their reputation
Cons
poor compensation, no advancement, no raises
Productive and Not fun
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJanuary 29, 2016
I would generally run the floors give to the patients. I would wash dishes right after I get done taking out the trash, then preparing for tomorrow. working there was cool I liked it for the time being.
good work place, get to meet new people
Housekeepig (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJanuary 26, 2016
not a problem at work or with co-workers, really wasn't a hard part of the job,management was good,get to learn new things
Pros
good cafeteria food, nice environment, flexible hours
workplace in which helping others is primary goal
Certified Crisis Clinician in Behavioral Health (Former Employee) –  St Francis old and at South campus.January 26, 2016
I enjoyed working there in dealing with the staff and the patients.
Working as a Crisis Clinician was one of my favorite positions Helping people in stressful situations.
Pros
busy
Cons
sometimes longer hours
Fun place with amazing Co-workers
Patient Finance / Administration Rep (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYJanuary 23, 2016
Typical day was to greet and check in patients, i learned a lot about different insurances and medical terminology. Management didn't take too much interest in what employees had to say. I love my coworkers and we are still very good friends. The hardest part of the job was being appreciated for the work I did.
Under paid, over worked, racist and mistreatment
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 20, 2016
During the hiring process I was promised a raise after my 90days or 6 month review and that never happened!! Talking to employees who have been there for years I was informed they never get raises.. Same management has been in place for years and years. They stick together and is not open for growth or change! Black employees have higher expectations , we are required to work harder,know more, bend more, be more flexible, and never complain!! You complain and you put a target on your back.... Please run!!! Never work for this company !!!
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management that stick together, when others are wrong

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Francis Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Francis Hospital Reviews by Location