St. Francis Hospital

St. Francis Hospital United States Employee Reviews

St. Francis Hospital
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: routine schedule.
Cons: no job opportunities.
I liked the work. It was clerical. There were not many different things happening in the day. It was basically the same routine over day. .
Caring Hospital
Senior Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Evanston, ILJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: seeing new hire enthusiasm
Cons: no major cons
What I learned at St Francis is the importance of successful multitasking and time management. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the joy of new employment on applicants faces.
A great place to grow!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good teachers
Cons: i have not seen any
They offer a place to learn for new RN's and a place to success for a experienced RN.
Productive and Fun work place
Cook 1 (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 12, 2015
Gave me the opportunity to work directly with the patients and staff. Managers and co workers were very supportive and kind.
Friendly and productive environment!
Cashier/Sitter (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJanuary 8, 2015
Day to day, St. Francis Hospital is a very energetic, fast paced, and friendly environment. I have learned to the importance of having a positive attitude and rapport with those I work with and for. The management staff is very resourceful and respectful and my fellow co workers are friendly and personable. I enjoy having the opportunity to meet and accommodate employees and the general public.
Productive and challenging place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 4, 2015
Cons: difficult to get a break
A typical day included direct acute patient care. Developing and implementing individual plan of care for each patient. I learned a lot about acute care protocols for each diagnosis. My coworkers were fun to work with. I enjoyed the nurse/patient relationship. The most challenging was the high nurse patient ratio of some times up to 12 patients per nurse.
Great place to work!
RN, BSN (Current Employee), Greenville, SCDecember 27, 2014
Pros: christian environment.
Cons: parking limited.
Positive and healing work environment. Caring individuals.
Great co workers
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Bartlett, TNDecember 24, 2014
Pros: nice pay
Cons: busy
Busy
Great co workers
Great doctors
Team work
When I got sick my co workers took great care of me daily.
Good patient care experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Federal Way, WADecember 24, 2014
I learned a great deal about patient care of general-medical surgical patients. I took care of about 8 patients per shift. I enjoyed taking care of patients who recovered, but the hospice patients were the most challenging.
Very well managed
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Roslyn, NYDecember 4, 2014
I learned a lot of my basic skills here. They were always willing to teach and show you new things that you had not witnessed before. The hardest part was the fact that most of the clients needed a lot of care.
Productive and fun workplace
PBX Operator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 30, 2014
St. Francis Hospital is one of the best places to work! I love working with tenet healthcare because you are not just a number the employees recognize and know you by name.
Medical Admissions Clerk (Former Employee), Evanston, ILNovember 24, 2014
its the best place to work and learn about the medical field i loved it
Educational
Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee), Roslyn, NYNovember 24, 2014
St. Francis provides educational opportunities for their staff members. Great place to learn!
A great learning experience
Physical Therapy Tech II (Former Employee), Mooresville, INNovember 7, 2014
Pros: one hour lunches, paid well, great benifets
Cons: not enough time in the day
I loved working at St.Francis Hospital. It was a patient first place along with much help to the staff. Highly praised place to work. My job was preparing staff and patient daily programs for Physical Therapy needs. High volume most of the time but fun.
Learned something new everyday about the structure of hip and knee recovery procedures.
Management was always there to participate in assisting in
everything needed. You were never alone. great support.
Hardest part of my job was not enough time in the day.
Loved working with my co-workers and the patients' Fun' was the
motto. 'You work hard and gain much'.
Doctor nurse
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Topeka, KSNovember 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: management
Love it I got to greet the patients take there vitals, give vaccines. Teach them how to take care of wounds or other things, set up for minor procedures.
Great atmosphere where people care for life.
Clinical Pastoral Education Residency (Current Employee), Columbus, GANovember 5, 2014
Very intense work schedule at times with a need for more help in the department, but great exploration and education.
Great Place to learn and improve your skills
Patient Access Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee), Columbus, GAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: great medical benefits
Cons: advancement opportunities very few
- providing great customer services to our patients
- that being in customer service, we are the first line in repeat and referrals to customers friends/neighbors
- Management and Co-workers were all very strong willed and hard working
- Was not being able to see my patient faces until appointment were made.
- Hearing a grateful Thank you from a patient when I was able to provide them with fast and reliable service to those patient that are having a hard time with their injuries.
very educational
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), Roslyn, NYOctober 28, 2014
Pros: excellent learning experience
Cons: no cons
I was an intern so worked week ends only learned all about sterile compounding and management was very supportive and all the pharmacist very always ready to answer any questions that I had. Eventhough I had to drive about an hour to get to the hospital I enjoyed all the hours that I have spent in that hospital interacting with the nursing staff and patients
Billing
Recovery Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEOctober 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches from the reps and benefits and acknowledgement from the company
Cons: short lunch breaks
I enjoyed working for St Francis, I started working for St Francis with no experience just schooling. My manager was tough but I learned so much from her. A typical day at St Francis was working the A/R
each day.Posting payments and everyday was a new learning experience. I love what I did, it made me feel like I was helping the patients rest easy knowing their bills were being paid,or they could call and we could make arrangement to help them get their bills and copays paid making their life easier.. I owe all my knowledge to my manager. The hardest part of the job was fighting with the insurance companies. The most enjoyable part of the job was the work environment and how well we got along.
Biomedical Engineer
Biomedical Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Hartford, CTOctober 19, 2014
I was able to gain experience in my field by being able to be hands on with every type of machine ran in a hospital. Each device must be subjected to testing during a specific time frame to ensure it's capable of completing it's function.

About St. Francis Hospital

Founded in 1922 by the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary, St. Francis Hospital is New York State’s only specialty designated – Read more

St. Francis Hospital Salaries