St. Francis Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and learning conducive environment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 19, 2017
I learned something new, on a daily basis, while employed here. It was the job that opened the door for me, to realize that healthcare was something I wanted to pursue, and from there the knowledge that serving others is truly my ultimate calling in this life.
Pros
Good people
Cons
short breaks, if any, overtime whether you want it or not
Challenging and fun place to work.
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 16, 2017
My typical work day consists of receiving and following work orders as they appear on my work phone. These work orders can consist of replacing or fixing all mechanical aspects of the hospital. I learn something new almost on a daily basis. Because every day is different, I experience different things. I work on second shift and most days do not encounter my supervisor. But when I do, he is always a good listener and helps with everything. Workplace culture is very diversified and is respected by myself and ones who I encounter. The hardest part of my job is if and when I do need help, I work alone. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to take care of issues, solving/fixing them and helping people.
Pros
Work is steady and challenging.
Cons
I work alone. Help is needed on occasion.
Great job opportunity for new graduate nurses looking for invaluable experience
RN (Former Employee) –  TelemetryJune 16, 2017
Great for new graduates to work for to develop skills and gain valuable work experience. Not good to work at for experienced nurses due to unfair, unsafe patient:nurse ratios, as well as unsafe working conditions. Unsupported by management.
Cons
Unsafe nurse:patient ratios
Really liked this job
Nuclear Medicine Lead Technologist (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJune 12, 2017
great place to work had many good years working here. Staff and management was always there. I worked hard and never had interaction with upper management
Pros
great structure
Cons
more care into small things then large things
This hospital is fair to work for
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 12, 2017
case manager,utilization review nurse
managed all high patient that would or possibly have discharge needs
reviewed clinical stays with Insurance companies providing and assuring stay met continued stay for hospitalization
Worked with Doctors,hospitalist, and other discplines discussing patient needs
Worked with physician advisor on cases denied and did appeal
ed discharge Planning weekly
prepare monthly reports on hospital stays that were denied and provided to management
Pros
Very nice people to work with
Cons
lack of communication from adminstration to staff memers
fast
Patient services specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 8, 2017
you had nice employees and they helped you and very friendly the mangment need more time with there employees. you got to meet new people everyday and have alittle fun.
Spine Center
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 8, 2017
Loved the environment and staff, sad to see that the neurosurgeons are no longer there. Was a great place to work and the best floor in the hospital.
A well place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNJune 6, 2017
When I was at St. Francis Hospital it was a very enjoying time the people their was nice and caring they made me fill like I was one of the family and I would go back.
Best Cardiac Care
Medical Surgical Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYJune 5, 2017
Everyone at St. Francis is dedicated to giving the best quality care. The staff works as a phenomenal team striving to achieve the best quality of life for the patient always keeping the patient the head participant in the team.
Critical Care RN
Critical care RN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 4, 2017
Very fast paced environment. Education there plays a vital role and I feel we got plenty of education and were kept up to date on the latest technology coming into the unit.
Productive, learned a lot, friendly environment
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Chicago Heights, ILMay 31, 2017
Excellent boss I was always helped never alone. Worked as a team. Always have smiles on faces gets the work done never complaint Friendly environment even though I wasn't there that long.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
There is none
Fast paced and fun place to work
Part- time Float Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 29, 2017
I like to have a busy job and keep it moving. I get bored if I am not busy. I am not afraid of learning a computer program. I liked floating to different units. I go where I am mostly needed. I am a team player and work well with everyone.
terrible management
Admissions Registrar/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, ILMay 29, 2017
Working at the hospital under terrible management was rough. This and the low pay was the reason I left. I didn't mind the work. However, pay and hours were terrible. I would work a midnight shift and get asked to work the day shift right after.
Pros
clerical
Cons
management and pay
Fun working with patience and staff
Runner/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 28, 2017
I Loved working here, nurses, doctors, and overall staff where very friendly. Will hopefully be returning one day as a nurse myself. Thanks for the opportunity.
Great!
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 25, 2017
I have work several positions at this facility and it is different everywhere you go. I had to learn it is up to you to make the best for your work environment.
No thanks
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYMay 25, 2017
St Francis Hospital in Roslyn, NY does not treat their nursing staff well. Workers started with SFH are caught up in the bad environment and don't know how to move on. Small hospital, lots of gossip. Workers who have worked in other facilities previously will realize very quickly how SFH is not the place to further their careers. Management does not care about their nursing staff and often treat staff with minimal respect. Most management working are just finding ways to step on others to get to the top. Some managers I have encountered are not helpful and often can berate staff. Frequently short staff or can possibly be left with no ancillary staff to assist with patients. Lack of supplies and frequently cut costs on supplies (like the use of individual lotion packets instead of bottles, which end up wasting more money because it takes at least 4 to moisturize your hands), many practices and supplies are out of date and they feel that this is the best way to conduct a hospital. The majority of the workers are unhappy and dissatisfied.
Pros
The patients like the hospital
Cons
Short breaks, unhappy staff
Second time working for this hospital. Not at all happy with the environment, or management.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 24, 2017
I would rate this hospital a 2 maybe 3 if you count the coworkers in general. Most employees are unhappy and looking for another job. Morale very low and management not involved and unsupportive of staff.
Pros
It was a short commute for me.
Cons
Management and HR allowing Physicians to abuse privileges.
Overall good.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 24, 2017
Employees were friendly and helpful. Management was professional and helpful. Employees seemed happy at their jobs. Good training was available. Fair wages.
Unorganized
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 21, 2017
It would have been ideal except management was terrible, they are hard to work with and not very helpful to new employees. They should work harder on management to employee relationships.
Poor Management under LifePoint
Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 21, 2017
Great job and ok environment until LifePoint took over. The management was poor to nonexistent, and people were fired for no good reason. One of the guys over the CBO was a fry cook at Whataburger just 3 years prior, so he obviously had no real leadership experience. All in all, I was happy to move on to bigger and better things.
Pros
Free generic medicines at outpatient pharmacy
Cons
Poor management, cliquish, no job security