St. Francis Hospital Employee Reviews

very pleasant
Wellness Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 13, 2017
Aside from a constant change in management, the environment at St. Francis hospital was very pleasant. The opportunities for advancement were available and the educational benefits were huge.
Lack of quality assurance abounds here
Lead Hematology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 10, 2017
I worked in the lab and the supervisor there did not have her certification and it showed. She regularly violated CLIA laws and upper did not seem to care. She also would freak out and punch walls and throw things around the room. The pay was average but the work environment was unprofessional and not safe.
Pros
parking garage
Cons
federal law violations and workplace violence
Productive and a very fun place to work.
CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 5, 2017
A typical work day was very productive. I learned that not in all work places you can climb up the ladder. Management really sucked to be honest.
account
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 3, 2017
I enjoy working for st francis, would like to advance my career there through education and experience. There are great co workers and customers.
Excellent Teaching Hospital & great opportunity for advancement.
RN Charge Nurse Chronic, Acute & Home Hemodialysis (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 1, 2017
Excellent Teaching Hospital & great opportunity for advancement if you are a conscientious & hard worker. Friendly & caring environment. Great opportunity for learning also.
Pros
Great opportunity for learning & advancement.
Cons
Some of the teachers at the nursing school were mean if they did not like your personality.
productive workplace
Patient Access/ Registrar (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJanuary 26, 2017
I enjoyed this job and the face paced environment. My co-workers were nice and helpful. I learned a lot of new things and worked in many different depts.
Really nice place to work at
Cook (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 25, 2017
Not a whole lot of job advancements available. But good place to work nonetheless. Management could be better. They pay is average. All that aside I enjoy and take pride in what i do at st. Francis.
Pros
Cons
Mismanagement
Ok Place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 24, 2017
It has a pleasant atmosphere, some employees can be lazy. but there are some that are great at team work. Not a bad place to work and try to advance.
Rewarding
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYJanuary 23, 2017
I learned a lot at St francis as a patient cared associate. My typical day at work would consist of Vital Signs, Walking patients, testing blood sugars with a glucometer, taking blood from patients, cleaning patients, performing and reading EKGs. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help patients whenever they needed my help. I also liked talking to patients and hearing their stories about their lives.
Pros
Experience, Rewarding, Patients, Coworkers.
Cons
Short staffed
Exciting and rewarding place to work.
PCT/CNA (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 23, 2017
I loved working for St.Francis, everyone was like family and when a problem came up we all worked together to fix it.Plus we had great team work,great health insurance and just all around great staff.
Pros
raises often
Great place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 23, 2017
St. Frances Hospital was a great place to work. Colleges treated each other with respect. If you did not know something, you could ask a co-worker for help without fear the request would show up on job performance evaluation as a negative behavior. Genuine people.
Not Very enticing unless you are management
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Yale, OKJanuary 15, 2017
Lots of openings in the lab due to high turnover rate. not very many opportunities to advance. compensation is low, morale is usually pretty low. would recommend to younger applicants due to low compensation and lack of benefits.
Rewarding once you become comfortable
Security Control Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 12, 2017
Be prepared to take on a lot of responsibility as the face of the security department for the hospital. Not a job to be taken lightly, but rewarding if you learn to succeed. You will be answering phone calls from the public, nurses, doctors, other staff members, and occasionally the suits of the hospital.
The training is tough, and you learn a lot a lot more on the job after training. After a few intimidating months you'll get set in and the job becomes much more manageable once you begin to understand the schedule and operation of the hospital.
I really do enjoy my job.
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 12, 2017
When I first started working at St. Francis , I had no idea about what would be required of me. As I began to learn how sterile processing works, I actually enjoy what I do. Although I enjoy what I do , I am currently in the process of furthering my education and becoming an LPN.
Pros
Set Schedule
Cons
Constant changes
Decent but can be better
Denial Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 9, 2017
I love the location as I am from this community, however the parking is horrible, we are restricted to certain medical benefits because it is a catholic hospital, no real departmental structure, horrible attendance policy
Educational and Fast Paced Environment
Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KS 66611January 5, 2017
This hospital is a great place to work fast paced friendly environment and always a opportunity to learn something you didn't know. The environment is always changing and a full day never stays the same as it starts out.
A great company to work for
Certified Medication Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 4, 2017
I was really unhappy to learn that St. Francis was selling our facility. St. Francis had been a great company to me and several co-workers for many years.
Multitask and fast past work atmosphere
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYJanuary 1, 2017
Transfer and discharge patients
Answer phone calls
Make consult calls to doctors
Restock linens and pantry items
Hand out food trays to corresponding patients
Pick up medications from pharmacy
Wheel out patients when discharged
Keep all patient files organized and neat
Learning experience
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 28, 2016
a typical day at work it St.Francis was starting with morning conditioning...Saying good morning can always make a person,are persons feel better...good additude is very,very,important and so smiling was very important..I learned how a great deal of how important communication is with other empoyee.,are co workers..the hardest part of my job was unloading of truck..on day there was a demand and dealine had to be met..but job was always completed..The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all the wonderful people i met...really injoyed.
I was temporary
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 22, 2016
I was really only at St. Francis for about a month. I was a temporary employee. Everyone was polite and courteous during my short employment time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Francis Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Francis Hospital Reviews by Location