St. Francis Hospital

St. Francis Hospital Employer Reviews

epic consultant
Anesthesia/Optime/ Call center Lead (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 5, 2014
A great hard working consultant that knows and can teach may modules.
Overall a great company
registrar (Former Employee), 46237July 28, 2014
Pros: friendly enviroment, team leaders, great facility
Cons: short breaks, short staffed
A typical day of work consisted of checking in patients, collecting copays, verifying insurance claims, labeling patients, assisting patients, and most of all patient care.
Poor management
Pre-operative staff nurse (Former Employee), Federal Way,WAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: parking
False accusations when they found someone who didn't fit in current role that wanted mine, and falsely me of habits I was not practicing.
Multi Culture facility
Director of Nursing (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: administration was involved in the facility, systems was in place
Cons: the facilities are in great shape, systems in place, everything is already done, it is just monitoring the systems, sometimes it is nice to create something you do.
I loved working at St. Francis, the Administrators was involved, they put together systems that worked. Between the Administrator and I we had a wound management system that worked. It was nice to see the same vision for their facility. It has a sub acute area, and all the areas. The building had all the systems in place to maintain good care. I really liked the multi cultured people who worked there, I learned a lot from them. The care was good and the food was great. They served food they would be eating at home. That says something about the people or corporation who owns the hospitals. The hardest part of this job is that everything has already been figured out. Some times we like to create some thing our self. It was an enjoyable place to work and I made a lot of friends there. I also learned that not all corporations really cares. It has been a while since I worked there but I am sure the facilities are in great shape now.
Great team work and many oppurtunites to advance to better jobs within health system
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 17, 2014
Pros: employees willing to help one another with work loads. good benefits.
Cons: short breaks
The other employees were very helpful. In my opinion, there were too many managers with different preferences. Overall, it is a great place to work.
Productive,busy Hospital.
LPTA (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches frequently.
Cons: no short breaks, too busy schedule;example:17 patients per day.
Organized well,good educational company,learned a lot & practice acute /subacute rehab; outpatient/inpatient rehab; rotations every 6 months,MS rehab ,CVA's ;Orthopedics,cardiovascular rehab. Professional& responsible , many good seminars.
Productive and fun; nice people to work with
JanitorlTransportation (Former Employee), Beech Grove, INJuly 15, 2014
Pros: good culture
Cons: being exposed to illness
I worked 5 days a week and it was fun working and talking to co-workers and the patients. I learned about how hospital care benefits the patients and how doctors, nurses, and pharmacists use their skills. I learned the role of managers in the hospital setting. The hardest part of my work is when patients died. The most enjoyable was seeing happy patients after I helped them.
Nurses that care about clients in psych unit
Student nurse (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 10, 2014
The staff was accommodating. They were helpful in teaching me how to interview clients, especially how to do an admission interview. Although I could not administer medications or really be alone with any of the patients, I was able to watch the nurses work and learn in that way. I do think there should be more activities available for the clients because the psych unit is rather confining and there isn't much for them to do.
ins
Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 10, 2014
teamwork and reliablty very fair and great place to work , great acknowledgements for employees
PRODUCTIVE WORK ENVIRNOMENT
Monitor Technician (Current Employee), HARTFORD CTJuly 9, 2014
IDEAL COMPANY TO WORK FOR. VALUES THEIR EMPLOYEES. ALWAYS WORKING TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF CARE FOR PATIENTS.
Has potential
Manager of Inventory Control and Distribution (Former Employee), Columbus, GaJuly 9, 2014
Stressful environment and will beat you down if you can not handle it. I enjoyed it but will make you tough within your years.
Loved Working Here
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee), Litchfield, ILJuly 8, 2014
St. Francis is a wonderful place to work, even Gofor work. The staff is friendly and kind to all patients and usually friendly and kind to other employees. I got a great sense of fulfillment from my charity work here.
Good start out job
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 7, 2014
This job was a great learning job the co-workers on my floor helped one another/ this buisness did what was best for the patients/ this job was only a extern job but hopefully in the future I can be a employee
Productive and creative atmosphere
PCA (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 3, 2014
My co-workers were energetic and knowledgeable. i enjoyed my days with their professional attitudes and they provided excellent care for the patients and peace of mind for the family members.
Happy working in the company
Clerk III (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 2, 2014
Flexible hours of vacation when requested. Happy working with other employees. Improved skills in different corners of work related areas.
Nice place
Ultrasound and X-ray Technologist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 2, 2014
Pros: small town atmosphere
Was a very caring place to work. Very small town feel. A lot of good doctors area now working there, will be a very up incoming place to work.
a nice place to work at i loved it
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: learned a lot and a friendly place to work at
Cons: healthcare
i learned a lot of things there and i love the people i work with they was fun and everyone help each other
Productive place to work
Labor and Delivery Admitting (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 27, 2014
Kept you busy throughout the day and night. Great coworkers.
Productive work environment
Epic Credentialed Analyst/Trainer (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 26, 2014
educated end users on how to use epic applications. Trained clinicians in classroom setting
It was a busy
Phlebotomy technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 17, 2014
Pros: very busy
Cons: very busy
I only worked at St. Francis for approximately a year (2005-06) - I can't remember atmosphere. I do remember running for 11p-7a.

About St. Francis Hospital

Founded in 1922 by the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary, St. Francis Hospital is New York State’s only specialty designated – Read more