St. Francis Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Very challenging, fast pace environment
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 8, 2015
My position at St. Francis as Unit Secretary can be very stressful if not managed. It involves a lot of multi-tasking, which I am really good at. It is very customer service oriented in a hospital setting. My co-workers and I work as a team to accomplish our goals in giving the best patient care. Although stressful at times, I enjoy what I do in serving others.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Can be very stressful
Non profit hospital
Staff nurse on medical telemetry floor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 4, 2015
Can be understaffed more than I feel is safe. Coworkers are enjoyable to work with. More politics and red tape then I would like but nothing above the norm in the healthcare industry. Financial crisis has been resolved by signing with Lifepoint so hopefully things may improve.
Pros
Supportive environment, good benefits
Cons
No longer match 401K, understaffing
Not to happy
Volunteer as Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAOctober 26, 2015
NOT HAPPY WITH MY VOLUNTEER OVER THERE. Just a volunteer.It a clinic were you greet all people who come in.It is a boring position.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
don't care
Great Unit
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 23, 2015
Great hospital, good management team. Everyone I worked with there enjoyed their job (as did I) so the work environment was over-all happy. Good benefits, perfect hours. A happy place with lots of continuing education.
Fun place to work all based on teamwork
MEDICAID DENIALS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 22, 2015
Very Christian organization to work for, a typical day was based on prayer and focus on my specific job duties, co-workers were hard to deal with at times but that's something I was able to get used to
fun and rewarding
skills-Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 21, 2015
I learned alot about discipline and working. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of job was taking care of mentally ill patients. The most rewarding part of the job was feeling like I made a difference in the lives of others.
Pros
Breaks and free meals
Cons
No cons.
Inpatient Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYOctober 18, 2015
Friendly and courteous co-workers and staff. Hospital is very clean and well maintained. Patient satisfaction, and safety is very important. Well know for heart procedures and deep history. Everyone takes pride in their work.
Free Hearted and Good Will
PHLEBOTOMY INTERN (Former Employee) –  Col,GAOctober 5, 2015
I really like the openess and kind hearted patients that kept me giving my all each day. Those special nurses and techs are what St.Francis is all about.
Pros
discounted lunches and the experience
Cons
Being helpless to natural life process call death.
Terrible place to start as a graduate nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 2, 2015
Patient nurse ration off, over loaded with patients because of a short staff. And little support from colleagues. Poor judgment from floor manager to encourage and provide a safe learning environment for new nurses.
Office manager/phlebotomist/histotech
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 1, 2015
On a typical day I manage a front office receiving station. In where all specimens are processed in the area. From Chemistry, Hermatology, Bloodbank, Histology, Cytology as well as Microbiolgy specimens are taken care o0f right here first. Processed and delivered to the appropriate areas in a timely fashion. Handle all phone calls tom and from doctors, floor nurses as well as outpatient services. Fax all results to areas needed, fil perscriptions in order. Supply areas with tools needed if necessary. Draw blood for in house as well as out patients on a daily bases. File pathology slides, embedd tissue, cut tissue on microtmy machine when short in that department.
Productive and Fun work space
Patient Access Representative \ Greeter Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WASeptember 29, 2015
working with patients is fun checking patients in verifying patients orders sending them to the right building providing customer service
hectic unfriendly workplace
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GaSeptember 23, 2015
Staff is mean and unapproachable. Workplace is busy, management is unresponsive and doesn't do anything is a timely fashion. Worst place to work
great
Hyperbaric Technician (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILSeptember 9, 2015
I come early in the morning to start my patients on time, some of our patient require more assistance than others and I got to make sure I spend some quality time with them, I'm a very reliable worker and like to come on time and I don't call in sick, I love what I do and I want to continue doing what I'm doing.
The day was very exciting, I learned the ends and out about the revenue cycle , why insurance important , understanding the insurance card,.
Extern (Former Employee) –  COLUMBUS,GASeptember 9, 2015
The work place was supportive due to the fact that it is ran by a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning something new about the different types of insurances,get the patients to pay there copay on time through re condo and web pay.
Pros
LEARNING SOMETHING DIFFERENT EVERYDAY DUE HEALTHCARE REMIBURESMENT
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 7, 2015
Saint Francis is a small community based hospital, and has been serving Wilmington, DE for years. Friendly work atmosphere and supportive management. Work load is reasonable where we could meet patient's needs.
Great patients!
RN (Former Employee) –  AllSeptember 7, 2015
Management does not support female nursing staff. Witnessed harassment, lateral violence and unsafe practice.
Male RNs are favored and advanced more rapidly.
Management turns a blind eye.
Fast paced and productive environment to work in.
Extern (Former Employee) –  Columbus,GASeptember 4, 2015
The people I worked with were very friendly and patient. I enjoyed it because I had the opportunity to meet a lot of different people.
Pros
Cons
Short Breaks
Warm and welcoming Enviornment
LVN Student (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAAugust 26, 2015
This is a teaching facility that prides its self on the product that they produce, great nurses at both RN and LVN levels. Continued education is a constant this hospital.
Pros
Team work
Enjoyed working with patients
Nurse extender (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYAugust 26, 2015
Very busy but learned a tremendous amount of nursing and life skills. The management was flexible and willing to educate. The hardest part of the job was balancing different tasks. The most enjoyable part was the reward of helping the patients
Pros
The training was exceptional and made the worker feel confident
Cons
under staffed which can make for a stressful work environment
Hectic but exciting workplace with great employees
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 22, 2015
A typical day can be hectic with many medications being sent via the tube station and being hand carried to the floors. The morning are usually easy going but from 9am - 11am are typically very busy.

I learned how to multitask fairly well from working at he St. Francis hospital. Also learned to communicate better.

The hardest part of the job is working in central pharmacy. Keeping up with the pace and getting medications to the patients in a timely and safe manner is difficult to keep up with but rewarding.
Pros
Always something to be able to keep yourself busy
Cons
No breaks if you work in central for the most part