St. Francis Hospital

St. Francis Hospital Employer Reviews

overtime always avai
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: meeting people
Cons: understaff
A typical day at work I start everyday by checking the patient charge book to ensure they are only being charged for what they use then the phone calls start I start receiving patients assigning beds and making charts the day get when I have to tell a nurse they to take another patient because attitudes start but they over it and the day get better.
There are some good people
Oncology Patient Liasion (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 17, 2014
Pros: friendly
Cons: many issues
Alot of changes, turn around and adminitrative changes are often
loader n unloader
Sanitation Specialist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 15, 2014
basically wait till signal is given to unload or load the plane, do so in a timely fashion and safe environment
Great Job
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Port Washington, NYMarch 15, 2014
Pros: tuition assistance, great benefit
Loved working here had great opportunity to grow, coworkers are great to work with.
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee), Roslyn, NYMarch 13, 2014
ER RN triage anywhere from 50 to 75 people a day. Worked side by side with ER Physicians and PCA's. Started IV's, Initial Assessment, Critical Thinking
Fun place to work
Patient Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Escanaba, MIMarch 12, 2014
While the location is rural, becoming friends with your co-workers is generally pretty easy. It's been 9 years since I've worked there, and I don't think the following has changed much from what I hear. Employees are hired on as part-time, but are required to work UP TO full time hours and required to work all shifts. Not family friendly if you are – more... looking for a regular work schedule.

Benefits are offered, but are so expensive, you can't afford them on a part-time salary. – less
PATIENT AND STAFF ARE WELL TREATED AND TAKEN CARE OF
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 11, 2014
Pros: $5 gift for staff to use in cafeteria for a job well done
Cons: 45 miniutes brake for all staff
IT A GOOD ENVIRONMENT TO WORK
IT PREPARE YOU FOR THE NEXT LEVEL IN LIFE
THE HOSPITAL GIVES CONTINOUS TRAINING ON THE JOB TO STAFF
Lost in the numbers
Registered Nurse- Cardiovascular Operating Room (Former Employee), Hartford, CTMarch 5, 2014
Large institution where you can easily get lost in the numbers- needed a better formal orientation in the operating room
Good Administration
STAFF NURSE / RN (Former Employee), Topeka, KSFebruary 24, 2014
This hospital has great benefits and is a nice place to work. They are geared to serving lower income families and it is nice to see them receiving good care.
Faith based and family oriented. A great place to work.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Columbus, GAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: the employees receive a bonus; having days off through the week.
Cons: having to work twelve hours shifts.
I have been with this company for over seven years now and I must say that overall it is a great company to work for. I was recently promoted to a rewarding new position and I am excited not only for the opportunity but for my new boss as well.
very friendly
Diet Clerk/ CA/Team Lead (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no managements
A typical day at work is very busy, Dealing with patients, nurses, doctors, etc .. can be very frustrating at times, but other than that it gets the day going by fast.
Below
Environmental Services Associate (Current Employee), Indianapolis, In South CampusFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: can't think of any.
Cons: the pay is very low.
The nice part about the job here at St. Francis is the contact with the patients...it only takes a little kindness and politeness with a smile to brighten up their day.
The down side is always having to work weekends and pretty much all of the holidays, so that's special times you miss with your family and love ones.
My days at work vary, because I'm – more... in different areas working. Cleaning in the surgery areas can get pretty business, I also spend alot of time in Labor & Deliver, along with Endoscopy. – less
great hospital to work for
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 12, 2014
Just a nice place to work. learned a lot in my time there. employees were nice, company is very well maintained
great people to work with liked working in a hopital
pharm tech (Former Employee), port washington new yorkFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: short breaks
i liked working there was let got due to downsizing pharm techs
Excellent place to work.
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 4, 2014
I enjoyed working there in Microbiology, I learned a great deal, but left for better more secure position at Hillcrest. I was PRN and worked varying shifts and varying days.
Fun workplace
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed working in the hospital kitchen. It was a very relaxed environment where I learned food preparation.
Great Place to work for
Receiving and Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Peoria, ILFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: terminating the department
My shift started at 5:00 A.M. , filled orders for depts. in hospital. Trucks would come in and we would check quality, and load materials in receiving areas. Learned Inventory, Stocking, delivery. Management treated everybody with respect as long as you did your job properly. The hardest part of the job was when we were overloaded with trucks coming – more... in with materials to unload. The most enjoyable part of the job was all of the employees were very friendly and helpful. – less
Would Not Recommend
evening shift charge nurse in O.R (Former Employee), Charleston, WVFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: still looking
Cons: management
At initial interview I informed them I was certified by the American Heart Association to teach both BLS & ACLS. I was never given the opportunity to keep those credentials current. (For the record, the AHA seriously needs to look into who controls CPR training at this facility.) Thanks to management & the education department at this facility, my credentials – more... to teach CPR & ACLS expired. Recently I renewed my CPR provider course @ a major teaching acute care facility in the area & thoroughly enjoyed it & am waiting on the availability of a CPR instructor course. Following that I will go through another ACLS provider & instructor course.
While @ SFH I felt as if I were continually being "set up to fail" by management. I was "oriented" by the most malignant personality I have ever encountered . . . a person who had been fired from every facility in the area but "flourished" here. Management continually hired the most "pathologic" personalities they could. They continually set me up with the most subversive, non-supporting staff imaginable. When I would try to convey my concerns to management the response I got was that I wasn't the first to bring the same complaints about the same people. (I understand that since I left, other new employees have made the same complaints about the same people that I did.)
I went there with a strong background in critical care & surgery. Never once was I made to feel those credentials were relevant.
Employee health is non-existant. Upon initial hiring I informed them that I would need periodic CXR rather that PPD. NOT ONCE did they ever in my employment call me for a CXR. Also upon hiring, it was discovered my hepatitis vaccine was sub-therapeutic & again they NEVER offered that to me.
When I made efforts to approach my department head nurse with my concerns, it was always the same response. She would sit down, take out a pencil, & start writing as I talked. (More senior staff told me this was routine & that I should not expect too much.) This individual would not allow me to mention specific issues with another staff member because that person was not there to defend them selves. However, that very staff member was allowed to commandeer an entire staff meeting to complain about her opinion of my performance without me being present. – less
5star
Senior Staff Technologist (Current Employee), memphis tnJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na

clean

friendly

great employers

enjoyable

renowned educators

state of art
Enjoyed being a nurse Tech in ICU
Nursing Assistant/ Nurse Tech (Former Employee), memphisJanuary 31, 2014
Learned a lot as a student when I worked in ICU. I like learning new things and being in ICU was the best thing ever. Good co-workers that were ready to prepare me to become a nurse.

About St. Francis Hospital

Founded in 1922 by the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary, St. Francis Hospital is New York State’s only specialty designated – Read more