St. Francis Hospital Employee Reviews

Good place to work but not strong on leadership sometimes
Documententation Rep (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 13, 2016
My typical day at work consists of doing paperwork and do data entry along with faxing/scanning and interacting with the drivers and dispatch

Management is good
fun place to work with great staff
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 6, 2016
I work on the surgical floor which somedays it can be a little busy but I manage it and I get my work done. I've learn a lot working at st franics ex: inserted foleys, take out iv's, took pt glucose at bedside etc. My manager she is a very nice sweet person and a little bit understandable. I have awesome co worker we always work as a team. the hardest part at my job is when there is no team work. working with different patient and communicating with them.
Decent place to work
generalist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 27, 2016
Before being bought out by Ascension it was a decent place to work. Like any job it had a few not so pleasant co-workers and decent management.
Volunteer experience at St. Francis Hospital
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Beech Grove, INJuly 22, 2016
A typical work day at the oncology unit I volunteered at: It was a pure pleasure to get up out of bed to go to my assignment. The head doctor was extremely nice. The position didn't demand a lot, and my supervisors were patient people. They explained everything I didn't understand in a perceivable manner. The hardest part of the position was getting all the paper work into the proper patient folder, but the nice staff was always there to help me if I needed it. Their help made all the difference in the world.
Pros
Free meal tickets
A very pleasant place to work.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYJuly 21, 2016
I completely enjoyed working at St.Francis hospital. The staff and my co-workers were wonderful, knowledgeable, people. I learned so much about the medical field. I was in the MICU unit. the hardest part of the job was seeing wonderful people die. The management was amazing and always on top of things.
great place to work
Senior Buyer III (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 19, 2016
Tenet Health Care and St Francis Hospital has been a wonderful place to work for the last 20 years. I loved my job but my husband has been transferred to Baton Rouge
I worked several positions at St. Francis Hospital and learned and enjoyed each.
Administrative Asst. - ER (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 5, 2016
I developed many skills during my employment at St. Francis Hospital. Although my background is primarily administrative assistant to Emergency physicians, I also had exposure in accounts payable and payroll. I learned a great deal.

The staff at the hospital was like family. We always supported each other and helped out when needed.
Pros
Having support of all departments.
Cons
Eventual cutbacks causing layoffs and terminations
very good place to work I would tell anybody about it....
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 19, 2016
I get alone with all my co workers as well as my supervisor she make sure we have what we need when we need it if we need her help she is always there to help us out if one can not get it done we all team up and each others I love where I work just need more hours.....
Good organization to work for and be a member of the team.
PHYSICIAN AREA COODINATOR (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 18, 2016
Each day is both challenging and rewarding at the same time. The hardest part of the is balancing the workload between all physicians on staff.
10 years as staff and charge nurse
Charge & Working RN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 18, 2016
I would not send my dog there. I was erroneously terminated there after turning down a steak dinner,etc invite from a manager with no verbal or written warning. I was unable to dispute anything. Pros are that I am no longer there giving my time to an unappreciative company to say the least. Things seemed to have started to change for the worse than the better there prior to leaving anyhow.
Great place to work!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 16, 2016
I enjoy my job very much, It is a very supportive place to work. The managers care about you as an individual.
Not what it use to be
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 14, 2016
In recent years the hospital had financial problems and has recent been taken over by a new company. Benefits and perks have been cut. Staff is being moved around and floors closed. It may be a great place to work again but it will take awhile.
Great hospital
ICU Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 6, 2016
I would definitely say that I learned a lot working at this facility. It did get rough with the nursing shortage, but overall I would recommend a family member to be treated here.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Cheap pay
My work day
Patient care assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 4, 2016
I start my day with doing my daily rounds of vitals signs and in the process of doing that I assist the patient in there needs for the night I help wash or change them I proved food and snacks upon request I help the nurses out as needed
Pros
I put a smile on the patients face
Cons
fun and educational place to work
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 1, 2016
Staff were very knowledgeable and fun to work with. They were very time oriented and cared for their patients. The food was also great!!
Variety of work
Boiler Operator (Former Employee) –  Escanaba, MIMay 31, 2016
workload is self initiated, plenty of work.
management and few co-workers are self centered and back stabbers, they will go behind your back and try to burn you for your efforts. over achievers are discouraged and raises tension.
Pros
hours are great
Cons
liars and backstabbers
Productive work
Communications Specialists/Vital Security (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 25, 2016
My day at work starts at 8 a.m. and ends at 4 p.m. I have learned more about hospital terminology and different departments within the hospital. Management can be frustrated from time to time due to lack of communication but not always. However, I do enjoy my job and my manager is an understanding person. My co-workers are fun to be around and can also be frustrating with so many personalities.
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
no breaks or benefits
productive
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAMay 16, 2016
a day at Automac parking was very fast pace i would be a cashier and also conduct traffic the co-worker that i worker with where really friendly and helpful
I liked the Catholic identity
staff CRNA (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 4, 2016
Worked there for many years, and survived many storms of administration who was hostile to anesthesia. High staff turnover through the years, many locums who did not take call. Loved the people I worked with.
Pros
healthy environment personally
Cons
poor hospital mangement
Awarding
RN Alcohol/ Drug Rehab,Detox (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMay 2, 2016
Interesting, and educational. Great working with such a culturally diverse population. Friendly co-workers. company encouragement of further education. Tuition reimbursement.
Pros
No uniforms required, professional attire.
Cons
Large amount of admissions at one time.