St. Francis Hospital Employee Reviews

Overall
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 16, 2017
A great place to work if your just starting your career. Overall a nice place to work. The typical day is 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. Duties are to concisely check in patients and obtain needed information to go forward with appointment.
Challenging
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 15, 2017
A very busy, fast-paced environment. The nurses you work with are supportive and assistive. The opportunity to advocate for patient care with the hospital medicine physicians.
productiive and fun working
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 13, 2017
enter patients information,collect specimen from veins by venipunture or syringe,butterfly needle,or heel and finger stick.I learned to be more patient and tolerant with others and had great co-workers to work with.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
Lack of emloyees
Very professional and uplifting
PCT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 12, 2017
I love that all employees and personnel assist when and where ever needed with positive attitudes and encouraging messages. I will always appreciate the opportunity i was given.
Went from Hero to Zero
RN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 6, 2017
Used to be the greatest place to work: best management, best crew & finally brought in a great crew of ER MDs, but administration (as they often do) had to mess with a good thing & eventually ran off some of the best nurses this city has to offer, resulting in the situation they now find themselves in, having to offer ridiculous sign-on bonuses yet still unable to retain nurses & nearly the entire hospital is filled with travelers
Pros
MDs
Cons
management
I loved the people I worked with. Great experience.
Registered Nurse-CCU (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 4, 2017
I worked weekend option in CCU. I loved the work and the people, but we were just understaffed all the time. I enjoyed the one on one training I received and gained valuable experience.
Pros
People
Cons
Weekend Option
a typical day at work
Medical Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJOctober 4, 2017
I worked the 11-7 shift which consisted of me taking vitals for patients at set and requested time, drawing blood, accuchecks, EKG's, telemetry tech, patient care, post-mortem care and whatever was asked of me by the nurses and/or doctors on call that night
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
pay rate and not a lot of overtime
Committed to the community
Staff Nurse PRN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 3, 2017
Community is important to the hospital. The community has been good to the hospital and the hospital is appreciative of the support received over the years for the community, so the hospital strives to give back to the community as much as possible.
Medical Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 1, 2017
Coworkers helped each other efficiently on the shifts and made working easier. Pay was not the best, but being able to work with great people made up for it.
Busy workplace, great staff
Emergency Department RN (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WASeptember 27, 2017
St. Francis is a great place for a ER nurse to learn fresh out of school. It is a fast paced, high intensity ER that sees a variety of different patients. I learned a lot during my time there and plan to stay on per diem.
Blah
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 27, 2017
All of healthcare is in transition. Managers don't stay longer than 2 years. The work is pretty much the same anywhere. Keep your head down and work, you will be fine. Managers are scared. They will sell anyone down the river if it protects them.
productive working environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYSeptember 21, 2017
I care for patients while working with a team of professionals in an interdisciplinary setting. My management team is very supportive and always pushing the staff to grow and development.
Very teamwork oriented
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 20, 2017
A typical day at work would best be described as sporadic moments of dire situations. These instances would often demand quick, effective decisiveness. Teamwork is paramount, as well as social interaction. The most rewarding part of the job would be the ability to directly help various people and their families. The hardest part of the job, for me, is that it never requires the utilization of my true skill set.
Pros
Extremely synergistic staff
Cons
no room for personal growth
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 20, 2017
Nice Manager, I worked part -time while completing my degree. I gained a great deal of knowledge during the time I worked at St. Francis Hospital. I graduated and found a full time job with my degree.
Pros
Gained Knowledge.
Cons
part -time
Very Productive and fast paced
Public Health Cardiac/ Pulmonary Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 20, 2017
I enjoy my patients and my fellow co- workers. The team work is amazing, and overall the experience here at St. Francis has been a wonderful one. It keeps you on your toes!
Interesting place of work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 17, 2017
I learned a lot in the hospital setting. The management was ok. A lot of things go in the hospital. This is a great environment for a new CNA that wants to learn.
Service with a smile is a must.
TELEMETRY MEDICAL SURGICAL RN (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYSeptember 15, 2017
Specific culture to this hospital. Service with a smile is a must. on-union. Often have to stay late due to heavy work load. Staffing is ok, AN overall decent place to work.
Great Place To Work.
Room Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 13, 2017
This was a great place to work. Most of my experience here was positive. Co-workers are like everywhere else, some professional some not. Our Manager in food service seem to have borderline personality disorder though. You could do exactly what he asked, but he would be upset because HE changed his mind. He was nice one minute mean the next and reminded me of George Bush when he is there Everybody walks on eggshells.
Pros
Your badge gives you discounts everywhere from phone companies to childcare
Cons
Gossip
Good Place to work
Financial Counselor (Diem) (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 12, 2017
Here I also built a very nice foundation working with the public, enjoyed helping those who needed the help the most, and they did show appreciation.

It was also a family oriented area, with respect, and being trusted by others. It was a great job.
Great work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYSeptember 10, 2017
Great place to work, but in my opinion, not so great for new grads. I loved the workplace culture, all the nurses and assistant nurses work as a great team in order to keep the workplace environment safe as well as the patients.