St. Francis Hospital

St. Francis Hospital Employer Reviews

St Francis Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 19, 2014
Pros: large
Cons: large
Large hospital, offered a lot of specalities for patients and their families. Very centurally locatied and easy to access
Great workplace
Food and Nutrition Team Leader (Current Employee), Columbus, GAMay 18, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: the pay
eight hours shift, work as a team,great people to work with, high census,getting off
Hours are not guaranteed.
Line Cook (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 17, 2014
Pros: good benefits although part-time
Cons: management
Promised a full-time position but has not happened. Benefits are available to those that are working Part-Time so that is a plus.
Engaging work load
Patient Care Associate, Emergency Room (Current Employee), Roslyn, NYMay 8, 2014
A typical day in the emergency room at St. Francis Hospital requires that I anticipate patient influx, emergent situations and that I must be quick on my feet to better serve the needs of the patient. We are a top tier emergency room and serve an affluent community, but we also serve the less fortunate.

At the job there is always room for growth, and – more... I learn everyday about new medical conditions as well as the care that people must have when they're feeling sad and scared. The emergency room is a tough place to work, requires long hours on my feet and to always be ready for the next patient with a smile. I work under and extremely high stressful environment, but I do it with a smile. I am the first person the patient sees and so they depend on my knowledge, my friendly attitude and my skills as a technician to settle them in comfortably so I can follow the doctor's orders and see their tests done to completion.

The job in the emergency room is one that is never done. I am not just a technician, but a friend, a housekeeper, a heart rhythm EKG reader, a bed maker, someone to make the patient laugh, someone to count on to get the job done. – less
MT
MLS PRN (Former Employee), Bartlett, TNMay 5, 2014
It wasnt for me.
Workers were great Mgt. was not. Overall not a bad place.
Good Experience
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 5, 2014
This job was a good experience but it was not what I was looking for. I also felt they required a lot of their managers and the work life balance was not very good.
Good
RRT (Former Employee), Beech Grove, INMay 2, 2014
I had a good experience working for this company. I learned a lot about respiratory diseases.
The staffing was very poor, although there were plenty of work available.
Certified Nursing Assistant, (Muticare Technician) (Current Employee), Columbus, GAMay 2, 2014
When i began working for St. Francis in 2006, i thoroughly enjoy the work,and its environment. Over the years several changes in management has occurred, therefore the staff has become limited and the environment has changed. I have since become a PRN employee which has it benefits, but once i became an PRN employee all benefits were lost.
Nice unit to work for
PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Roslyn, NYMay 1, 2014
Nice place to work. I've learned a lot in regards to patient care
A Typical Work Day
Emergency Room Registrar (Current Employee), Evanston, ILMay 1, 2014
Pros: typing, teamwork, respect, epic certified
I currently work in our emergency department where I consistently demonstrates strong work ethic and teamwork throughout the department. I show great Adiet Skills in which our employees here use as a guideline for successful customer service. In which I takes the time out, acknowledging myself and making the patients feel comfortable all while showing – more... duration and empathy towards many individuals in need of health related services. thanks and appreciation towards not only my patients but towards her team as well.My co-workers are very hard working and helpful. The hardest part of my job is patients who come in and they are notified that a family member has past away. The thing that I enjoy the most is the enivroment and the people I am around everyday. – less
ER Tech/ Unit Secretary/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Evanston, ILApril 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: always super busy
I would love to go back there if there are any openings, I love going there to work everyday. I learned a lot of important skills while I was there
a people place
Porter/Food Service Aid (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 23, 2014
pretty lay-back, but it can get busy, it shows hospitality to others that visits, or a patient
good teamwork environment, high burn out, every third weekend, EPIC charting system, hospital care and techonology is efficent and up to date,
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 17, 2014
good teamwork environment, high burn out, every third weekend, EPIC charting system, hospital care and techonology is efficent and up to date. nurse to patient ratio 5-6 patients on nights,
Hectic and Multitasking
RN 5East Medical Renal Unit (Current Employee), Indianapolis,INApril 11, 2014
Hectic and Multitasking. Co-workers are awesome. Hardest part is heavy patient load with less help.
Highly educational environment
Registered Nurse, Well Baby Nursery/NICU (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 10, 2014
I cared for both cardiac telemetry and newborn patients during my time at this hospital. For the first time, I was taught to interpret EKG's precisely, and learn the many facets of cardiac nursing. While working in the nursery I was able to engage in many new skills, and see the miracle of a newborn and the strength they had to pull through birthing – more... complications. I was also able to gain some knowledge with Neonatal ICU (NICU) patients which made my nursing skills even stronger.

I became an RN while working there as an intern, and learned time management, patient care, and decision making for the first time while working at this facility.

As a new nurse management was very suppportive to my needs in learning many new things. My preceptor was an excellent nurse, and I attribute most of my floor nursing education to her. She made me the great nurse I am today.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my nursing school knowledge come together with all that I had learned while in school. – less
Stable but stuck
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee), Tulsa OklahomaApril 3, 2014
almost impossible to get fired from here. Its a decent place if your content with where your at. If you want to move to another modality plan on kissing some serious you know what and applying 4-6 times to get the jobs. If your a female and smoking hot, then you will have to apply once. Other than that its a good place to be.
Public seminar and weight loss management coordinator
Patient Appointment Specialist (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAMarch 23, 2014
My typical work day was to provide customer service support for the public and office support to a small group of medical personnel. From setting up surgery consultation appointments, to filling sales orders and inventory tracking.
Internship
Administrative Assistant / Internship (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMarch 22, 2014
Pros: good program for teens
I was a job readiness, job shadowing, 48 to 80 hour internship. I received a certificate.
I very much enjoyed employment with St. Francis.
Medical transcription supervisor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 21, 2014
My time with St. Francis with very gratifying, I found it to be a wonderful experience and was rewarded with a promotion.
Very comfortable eviorment if your used to the hussle
Room Service Runner (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 18, 2014
Pros: learn a lot
Cons: staffing
Aiding the ill, management was great but coordinators and staffing could use some improvement hardest part of the job was keeping your cool when confronted by a patient.

About St. Francis Hospital

Founded in 1922 by the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary, St. Francis Hospital is New York State’s only specialty designated – Read more