St. Francis Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Positive work environment.
Chaplain Resident (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 20, 2015
St. Francis is a positive work environment where the culture is that of family. Every employee is made to feel like family as they enter the company and as a result the patients and clients feel the same.
very great workplace, friendly co workers
Environmental services, medical office greeter (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 1, 2015
the most enjoyable part of the job was the people around me.
the co-workers were amazing and very friendly
the management there was great
I learned how to give proper directions to patients
Pros
free lunches
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 20, 2015
I was responsible for nursing care for patients of 7South Medical-Surgical and 7North Surgical Units. I acquired initial nursing exposure to the nursing process. With the understanding of the five-step process of the nursing role I was able to gain confidence as a novice. Through my confidence I critiqued my understanding of pharmacological administration, medication bioavailability and adverse reactions/side effects. I maximized my assessment skills to implement the correct plan of care.
Good working hospital staff and environment.
Staff Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 30, 2015
3rd Shift. 30 minute meal break. working mainly in the ER. Close working relationship with small night shift staff. great co workers at night. enjoyed my friendships. rather not review hardships.
Pros
Great staff at night.
Cons
management
fun and rewarding
skills-Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 21, 2015
I learned alot about discipline and working. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of job was taking care of mentally ill patients. The most rewarding part of the job was feeling like I made a difference in the lives of others.
Pros
Breaks and free meals
Cons
No cons.
Management heavy atmosphere
Circulator, cath lab (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 10, 2015
Good people working the clinical roles. Middle and upper management is woefully incompetent. Many of the supervisors are put in those places to keep them from blundering away someones life.
Pros
clinical staff
Cons
management
Fun place to work all based on teamwork
MEDICAID DENIALS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 22, 2015
Very Christian organization to work for, a typical day was based on prayer and focus on my specific job duties, co-workers were hard to deal with at times but that's something I was able to get used to
Inpatient Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYOctober 18, 2015
Friendly and courteous co-workers and staff. Hospital is very clean and well maintained. Patient satisfaction, and safety is very important. Well know for heart procedures and deep history. Everyone takes pride in their work.
Free Hearted and Good Will
PHLEBOTOMY INTERN (Former Employee) –  Col,GAOctober 5, 2015
I really like the openess and kind hearted patients that kept me giving my all each day. Those special nurses and techs are what St.Francis is all about.
Pros
discounted lunches and the experience
Cons
Being helpless to natural life process call death.
If you want to go were everyone knows your name, this is the place
Unit Clerk/Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 14, 2014
Typical day begins by getting report from the clerk, as far as phone calls to make, admissions, discharges, check the escort sheet for patients leaving and returning to the floors. transcribing verbal and written orders. The management was very professional. I loved my co-workers, it was like working with family. I didn't like having to search for equipment; e. i.v. pumps; wheelchairs; poles; stretchers.i enjoyed the closeness of working with loving, caring people
Pros
employee appreciation day, and you could take your birthday off with pay
Cons
salary not comparable to other hospitals
great
Hyperbaric Technician (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILSeptember 9, 2015
I come early in the morning to start my patients on time, some of our patient require more assistance than others and I got to make sure I spend some quality time with them, I'm a very reliable worker and like to come on time and I don't call in sick, I love what I do and I want to continue doing what I'm doing.
Productive and also different then what I'm used to.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INAugust 8, 2014
Typical day gathering supplies, going to my area.
I cleaned every room as though one of my family members where going to be a patient.
Management, when I would get too busy, the group leader came to help. I get along with anyone. We both are getting paid to do our jobs and that's team players to me. Willing to help each other when needed. As myself when I didn't have many rooms to clean I would call the office to see if anyone needed help.
The most enjoyable thing was I worked on the Labor and Delivery floor so I got to see the babies.
Pros
close to home, good insurance.
Cons
not much of advancement without college.
Not to happy
Volunteer as Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAOctober 26, 2015
NOT HAPPY WITH MY VOLUNTEER OVER THERE. Just a volunteer.It a clinic were you greet all people who come in.It is a boring position.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
don't care
Terrible place to start as a graduate nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 2, 2015
Patient nurse ration off, over loaded with patients because of a short staff. And little support from colleagues. Poor judgment from floor manager to encourage and provide a safe learning environment for new nurses.
ok place to work.
RN (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 22, 2015
Management was no to be trusted. Poor management!!!!! Policies . change from day to day. You did not know that policies because it change from day to day.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
Great job!!!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 8, 2013
My typical day here varried because it was a hospice/med-surg floor I worked on. I obtained a lot of skills in hospice and med-surg patient care. I always felt free to communicate with management and felt a strong bond with my co-workers. This job was unique in that nobody was trying to one up the other nurses, we truly worked together as a team. This was by far my favorite job of my whole working career this far. The hardest part of this job was watching people pass away and trying to be a comfort to families, being at a lose of things to say, trying to be a comfort by sometimes just sitting with them and being silent. The most enjoyable part was the atmosphere; people just really loved working there. In all honesty, I don't recall EVER hearing a co-worker complain. A trutly great place to work.
Pros
positive wonderful people i worked with.
Cons
could be depressing at times, especially when very young people passed away.
Respiratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 9, 2015
I love pt care. We would go to all codes,rapid responce's. Day started at 6:30 and ended at 7:15. Would arrive and get report write down the assignment for the day get on the floor by 7:15am. I would work in icu, give tx's on the floor or work in the er with a small floor assignment. Stayed with the pt durning the therapy and answer questions or educate the pt and family. Checked charts throughout the day. Check and make sure the other therapist were doing ok or needed help. As the day went on we would do equipment which meant putting it together stocking the floors with equpiment or tanks. Check xrays and make sure we weere doing the appropreate care. See if there was someething the pt needed or didn't need anymore. When family got lost show them the right area they needed to go to. Ttake pt's to ct if on ventalators. We carried a beep and cell phone for calls throughout the day. If called durning lunch would have to stop eating and see about call. Which is fine with me. Ggive report at the end of the day hand off beeper and phone right befor we live so other shift can write down their assignment as other shift did for us.
Pros
PT CARE, LOVE IT.
Cons
TALKING BEHIND BACKS, JUDGING
cliquey
EMT/HUC (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJuly 4, 2013
I loved working at St. Francis - I got to see a variety of patients and the doctors were fantastic. I loved my job. The nurses, however, were cliquey as was management. If you weren't liked - you got fired. I saw this happen many many times - most recently to a rock star nurse who should have went to medical school. She appealed her case and I hope she wins. Everyone - including the doctors - were in shock over it. I quit because I was afraid of getting fired. After being there for over ten years and then deciding I wanted to pursue PA school - I sadly resigned because I was afraid for my future. If I got fired in the Allina system I would never be able to work at an Allina facility ever again. I do not recommend anyone working there because even if you are there twenty years - they will turn their back on you anyway.

The HIPPA stuff is also out of control. It is to the point where someone could hypothetically get fired for giving or getting report. It's ridiculous.

Comment – July 17, 2013

In response to cliquey I myself also worked at St. Francis and saw the same cliquey attitude the nurses as well as the NCC's played. For example if one of their favorite RN's did something wrong she would just get a pat on the back. If another RN who was not in the clique did the same thing they got fired. I do not like the day to day antics that go on in that place.

good atmosphere with coworkers
Charge RN (Current Employee) –  Cardiovascular UnitJuly 8, 2015
The main issue at this hospital is the absence of a float pool. What does this mean to full-time employees? They get floated frequently to other areas of the hospital. We love helping the hospital but it is hard to care for those outside our realm of experience without proper training. Otherwise, the atmosphere at this hospital is unlike any thatI have ever experienced. The staff seems to have a bond, hospital wide, that is very important for the best patient care and outcomes.
Cons
understaffing
Productive and Fun work space
Patient Access Representative \ Greeter Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WASeptember 29, 2015
working with patients is fun checking patients in verifying patients orders sending them to the right building providing customer service