St. Francis Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Beware of pettiness and unprofessionalism
Former PharmD student (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CaFebruary 25, 2013
I was here for a six week rotation while working on my PharmD degree. One clinical pharmacist in particular was very unprofessional and unorganized and as her student I paid the price. I had to hear about her personal and professional issues while having to maintain the workload given to me. When time ran short for a presentation it was tabled indefinitely and if I was not prepared to deliver when she wanted I was marked down. Though we all have the same degree there was a definite air of superiority from the clinical pharmacist versus the staff pharmacists. May be a good place for a new grad but not for an experienced pharmacist looking to make a change.
Pros
clean, challenging environment, lots of exposure to interesting cases
Cons
pharmacy dept plays favorites and doesn't respect all pharmacists
The hospital is a good environment to work at, but there are bad aspects too
Footprints Program Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJanuary 15, 2013
I like working at the hospital because I get the chance to meet different people everyday and they appreciate what I do for them as a volunteer. It is a great feeling indeed! However, not all of the staff are nice and accommodating. Most of the time, they do not want to be bothered and want nothing to do with you (as with the staff that I have worked with).
great place to work
Clinical Intern (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAOctober 22, 2012
A typical day at work is not typical. Everyday is a different day. I always have a project to complete. I started with patient bedside care, bed baths, feedings, transferring and transporting patient. I have also assisted in the education department. documenation, filing answering phones, and creating modules.
Pros
opportunity for advancement
Great facility to retire from
Student RN (Former Employee) –  Lynwood CASeptember 25, 2012
I completed a six month rotation during nursing school here and I loved it. The people were friendly, knowledgeable, and eager to help students. The facility is modern, clean, and welled stocked.
Pros
people, management, pay.
Cons
history of not hiring new grads.
Busy emergency/ trauma services in underserved area
Charge Nurse, MICN (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CASeptember 3, 2012
Very busy emergency/trauma center with poor staffing and poor managerial support. Staff have too be strong in their nursing skills and patient advocacy.
Pros
strong teamwork from staff in direct patient care
Cons
lack of support from management and physicians
Valuable experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  lynwood, caJuly 22, 2012
Communication skills provided clients with joy through their illness which was very fulfilling to me.
great experiance with great co-workers
Registered Nurse/Medical Surgical/Telemetry (Former Employee) –  lynwood, CaliforniaJuly 22, 2012
St Francis days start out recieving, the patient, and report on the patient from night shift nurse. The day continues by reveiwing orders, giving report to case management, discharge planers, charge nurse and students nurses. Patient acessment and priortising patient care providing bedside care, treatment and clinical documentation for patients on cardiac, oncology and medical-surgical floors. Handling medication administration, dressing changes, IVs and all other aspects of nursing care. Facilitated admissions, discharges and transfers; prepared chart notes and other documentation; and participated on interdisciplinary team. I am a patient advocate and team player. I believe in empowering patients by delivering health education and nursing care that enhances wellness and quality of life.
My co-workers and I all work together as a team assisting each other when needed.
I enjoyed teaching the patients and empowering them with the knowledge of how to care for themselves and the adverse symptoms to monitor for and what to do.
The hardest part of the job is knowing you the doctors and your co-workers did their best and the patient was still lost. Mainly with the oncology patients.
I learned I can do anything I put in my mind.
Pros
great co-workers team players
Cons
company changed ownership
Love Students
Certified Nursing Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJune 15, 2012
Great learning environment, will train, and they have a UNION. Floatpool is a great place to start so you can see which floor you would like to work.ER is the best place to work
Pros
will train
Cons
not enough diversity
Productive and fun workplace
Community Service Work (Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAApril 17, 2012
A typical day at work is helping patients when they are having problems with the medical bills.
I learned that there alot of people that really do need help financially.
The hardest part of the job is when there is nothing we can do to help them.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you help the patient and all you can see is a sense of relief in the patients face.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no cons

St. Francis Medical Center Reviews by Location