St. Francis Medical Center

St. Francis Medical Center Employer Reviews

The hospital is a good environment to work at, but there are bad aspects too
Footprints Program Volunteer (Former Employee), Lynwood, CAJanuary 15, 2013
I like working at the hospital because I get the chance to meet different people everyday and they appreciate what I do for them as a volunteer. It is a great feeling indeed! However, not all of the staff are nice and accommodating. Most of the time, they do not want to be bothered and want nothing to do with you (as with the staff that I have worked – more... with). – less
A perfect day to work to get the job done.
Locksmith (Former Employee), Lywood, CaliforniaDecember 7, 2012
Pros: a great environment that surrounded me everyday.
Cons: downsizing
Challenging but exciting.
27 years of different types of work.
How to deal with different personality's
Provided what they needed.
Cooperative and willing.
Fighting the traffic getting there.
Getting the job done on time.
great place to work
Clinical Intern (Current Employee), Lynwood, CAOctober 22, 2012
Pros: opportunity for advancement
A typical day at work is not typical. Everyday is a different day. I always have a project to complete. I started with patient bedside care, bed baths, feedings, transferring and transporting patient. I have also assisted in the education department. documenation, filing answering phones, and creating modules.
Great facility to retire from
Student RN (Former Employee), Lynwood CASeptember 25, 2012
Pros: people, management, pay.
Cons: history of not hiring new grads.
I completed a six month rotation during nursing school here and I loved it. The people were friendly, knowledgeable, and eager to help students. The facility is modern, clean, and welled stocked.
Busy emergency/ trauma services in underserved area
Charge Nurse, MICN (Former Employee), Lynwood, CASeptember 3, 2012
Pros: strong teamwork from staff in direct patient care
Cons: lack of support from management and physicians
Very busy emergency/trauma center with poor staffing and poor managerial support. Staff have too be strong in their nursing skills and patient advocacy.
Valuable experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), lynwood, caJuly 22, 2012
Communication skills provided clients with joy through their illness which was very fulfilling to me.
great experiance with great co-workers
Registered Nurse/Medical Surgical/Telemetry (Former Employee), lynwood, CaliforniaJuly 22, 2012
Pros: great co-workers team players
Cons: company changed ownership
St Francis days start out recieving, the patient, and report on the patient from night shift nurse. The day continues by reveiwing orders, giving report to case management, discharge planers, charge nurse and students nurses. Patient acessment and priortising patient care providing bedside care, treatment and clinical documentation for patients on cardiac, – more... oncology and medical-surgical floors. Handling medication administration, dressing changes, IVs and all other aspects of nursing care. Facilitated admissions, discharges and transfers; prepared chart notes and other documentation; and participated on interdisciplinary team. I am a patient advocate and team player. I believe in empowering patients by delivering health education and nursing care that enhances wellness and quality of life.
My co-workers and I all work together as a team assisting each other when needed.
I enjoyed teaching the patients and empowering them with the knowledge of how to care for themselves and the adverse symptoms to monitor for and what to do.
The hardest part of the job is knowing you the doctors and your co-workers did their best and the patient was still lost. Mainly with the oncology patients.
I learned I can do anything I put in my mind. – less
Love Students
Certified Nursing Attendant (Former Employee), Lynwood, CAJune 15, 2012
Pros: will train
Cons: not enough diversity
Great learning environment, will train, and they have a UNION. Floatpool is a great place to start so you can see which floor you would like to work.ER is the best place to work
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKPLACE
Community Service Work (Assistant) (Former Employee), Lynwood, CAApril 17, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no cons
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK IS HELPING PATIENTS WHEN THEY ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE MEDICAL BILLS.
I LEARNED THAT THERE ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT REALLY DO NEED HELP FINANCIALLY.
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS WHEN THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO TO HELP THEM.
THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB IS WHEN YOU HELP THE PATIENT AND ALL YOU CAN SEE IS A SENSE OF RELIEF – more... IN THE PATIENTS FACE. – less

About St. Francis Medical Center

Saint Francis Medical Center is a 258-bed facility serving more than 650,000 people throughout Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, – Read more