St. Francis Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great Experience
HVAC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LADecember 10, 2017
This was a great experience. The benefits are wonderful. It would be hard to work your way up in the department I was in. I left to better my future .
Fast paced but great place to work
Newborn Nursery Tech, Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LADecember 1, 2017
St. Francis was a great place to work with many good work place friends, I would recommend St. Francis to anyone looking to work in the medical field.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough time in a twelve hour shift to take a break
Earned Great Experience
Pharm Clerk, New Emp Education, PT Tech (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MONovember 29, 2017
I held several positions within the hospital. I worked for OT, PT, the pharmacy and in the education department. While in the education department, one of my functions was to train new employees for certain positions. I took the time to work in those positions so I could better understand the role I was training new hires for.
Pros
Was a friendly place to to work
Cons
Small hospital, so little chance for advancement
The most enjoyable part of my work day
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CANovember 28, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my work day is being a patient recover and being able to get discharged home. to return to there respected families and enjoy there life.
Great project
Physician Tech Partners (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 28, 2017
Providing elbow support to front line staff by assisting them with the new EHR check in process in Cadence, entering correct data in the demographics field, verifying insurance coverage, inputting new information in Prelude, and balancing the cash drawer in Resolute.
Can be a good place to work depending on your field
Full-time employee (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CANovember 27, 2017
For my particular field, the management was poor and I personally believe my manager was hostile, unhelpful and inexperienced. However, I enjoyed interacting with professionals from other departments at St. Francis. Overall, the culture within the hospital was very friendly, but my department was unfortunately an exception.
Pros
Free lunch, good benefits
Cons
Understaffed, overtime without pay, poor work-life balance
Busy hospital with talented doctors and nurses
ICU Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CANovember 22, 2017
Great place to work but physically taxing. Nurses are well-compensated for work but stressful work environment at times. No safety features for staff i.e.: metal detectors for visitors/area is low income, high crime.
Pros
high salary
Cons
high crime area
Working in a facility where we could help people
Cashiers/Admission/Insurance Verification Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 22, 2017
Assisting patients who are seeking health care. Learning that each patient/person brings a different situation, no two are the same. Health carriers vary, depending on medical condition & services required, Management has an open door policy and always willing to listed to new ideas. Helping people as best as we can toward their healthcare.
Pros
Learning new department, skills, helping clients
Cons
Not enough hours in the day
ER Technician (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJNovember 14, 2017
This company is a great company to work for not a lot Of pay As expected but it is a job and also you get to go to school to further your education though it is not paid for entirely but they do pay a percentage also they do pay for your license registration and also they have partnered up with Cooper and Lourdes hospital
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great company
Assisting in transfers (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 13, 2017
Great company to work for with great benefits. Scheduling can be tricky but other all its a great place to work and are flexible with you and can work with anything
Good Compensation Employment
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CANovember 9, 2017
I feel this hospital was great in teaching me what has helped me further my career. I do believe management wasn't great because there was a lot of conflict of interest.
good experience
MRI Tech Assistant (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJNovember 7, 2017
St. Francis was a per diem position as an MRI tech aide to help me get the experience in the mri field as I went to school. The staff was very helpful and patient with me and gave me a wonderful opportunity! We have a prison unit on the 5th floor, therefore we deal with a lot of safety issues being that officers, who were fully equipped with metal had to bring the patients down. I feel as though this has thoroughly prepared me for future safety concerns in the MRI world.
Pros
worked a lot with my school schedule
Cons
wasn't able to scan too much since I had to be a tech aide 1st
Productive working environment
Quality Review Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CA 90262November 3, 2017
Daily scheduled department floor rounds to ensure daily charge reconciliation was completed. Conducted department meetings in order to improve errors.
Pros
Cafeteria onsite
Cons
No private office
Fun Workplace
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CANovember 2, 2017
Clinical Experience. Had the privilege to give total care to my patients. Management and staff was great and a wonderful learning experience. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my patients and learning from them.
Family Nurse Practitioner-Board Certified (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJNovember 2, 2017
Small hospital with family type environment. Working with a challenging but very rewarding patient population. Spiritually and faith based mission statement.
Pros
n/A
Cons
N/a
Central Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJOctober 19, 2017
I loved working here. It was pleasant and no one ever had a problem with anyone else. They are very caring of there employees and what is happening and going on.
fast paced
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAOctober 12, 2017
Great hospital, very big, wonderful staff. L & D is very busy and the docotors are amazing. some may disagree but i found it to be a pleasant experience.
Pros
awesome staff
Cons
small break rooms
busy, not enough help
Medical Surgical Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAOctober 8, 2017
the staff is very friendly and always willing to help you out. Unfortunately, not having CNA's at night to help makes it a but more stressful, especially as a new grad. time adds up when you have a patient asking for ice and another for crackers, and in between having to catch up on charting and give medications on time.
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Accounts Receivable Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAOctober 5, 2017
I started in Radiology department as an administrative clerk & due to working weekends, I felt I needed to make a change for my family. I learned a lot about the different imaging services while there. I decided to move to the Business Office to work in the accounting field as that was my passion. I learned so much about insurance that I didn't know before. I continue to learn more every day. I enjoy working with the people in this department as we are like a family. The hardest part of this job is dealing with patients &/or families that are unhappy about some of the insurance issues that come up. I enjoy working to resolve any issues that I may be able to, but sometimes I have to hand it off to someone who knows the issues better than I do for certain insurances.
Pros
Great co-workers
Hosptial Review
Registered Nurse Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LASeptember 27, 2017
Poor staffing ratios and unchecked verbal abuse from some providers makes for a stressful work environment. Education is needed to promote efficiency and morale. Floating is common unless working Med/Surg or Renal. Some providers were amazing to work with and enjoyed teaching but several were extremely difficult to work with and went without reprimand. These few made for an awful work environment. No breaks provided due to lack of coverage. Flexible schedule and minimal call a plus.
Pros
flexible schedule/12 hour shifts
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Francis Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.