St. Helena Hospital

St. Helena Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Poor management
medical assistant (Former Employee), Saint Helena, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free gym access
Cons: no breaks just lunch, lines at cafeteria is too long, lunch is too expensive.
working for this company was fun, nice but VERY stressful. co workers are nice, poor management, low on staff so we would always be backed up.
A good hospital to work for
Clinical Services Manager (Current Employee), St. Helena CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: good career
Cons: long commute
I enjoyed going to working everyday even though they were long busy days. The people I worked with were friendly and a great staff to lead. The main part I learned from my experience was how to navigate through the channels of command. Going from a private practice to a corp.hospital environment is a very different culture. I enjoyed working with my other managers as well.
If You Are Hoping For A Management Position, Be Warned
Pharmacist (Former Employee), St Helena, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: competitive pay
Cons: vicious internal culture & office politics.
The culture and office politics of this place are like nothing I have ever seen. Backstabbing is routine, resistance to change is epic, The undermining of authority and drama of employees is incredible. They do pay well, but you will earn every cent and most likely spend a chunk of it on therapy after more than a couple months in this zoo. There is a core of people in the organization that cares about good clinical care, but most are concerned only with triumphing in their petty office political quarrels, at any cost.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St Helena, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free parking
Cons: the salary is a hair above proverty levels.
Extreme lack of diversity. Management is top heavy and not skilled they have a job title which some take is entitlement.
This is a major cause of confusion at it's best.
To perform your job, software issues are extremely prolonged which has caused a few employees to quit out of frustration.
Training is non existent and they are quick to place the blame on someone other than themselves.
Case Management in a Rural Setting
Registered Nurse, Case Management (Former Employee), Saint Helena, CANovember 10, 2014
Case Management provides nurses an opportunity to see "behind-the-scenes". I loved learning about this different aspect of the hospital and nursing care. Sitting in an office and reviewing charts was very different to working at the bedside, but I really enjoyed collaborating with different teams to more effectively manage a patients care.
Fun and creative mind looking for more than a Job
Perioperative Service Coordinator (Current Employee), St. Helena, CASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: family feel, free lunches, employee recognition
Cons: lower paid than most hospitals in the area, heavy work load
I love to come to work and it did not feel like a job. At St. Helena I have learned that working in a place that changes lives is investing in the future. I love the management team that place people in positions to be successful. I love working with my coworkers because these take their job seriously but still know how to have fun. The hardest part of the job is the limited resources available to do your job. But St. Helena Hospital feels like a big family.
Internship
Napa outpatient (Intern) (Former Employee), St.Helena, CASeptember 5, 2014
I was in an internship for Physical Therapy Assistant School. It was an out patient facility and I did massage, e-stim, ultrasound and exercise program with patients
Horrible Job
Department Secretary (Former Employee), St. HelenaMarch 3, 2014
A Good ole Boy system. Crazy coworkers that make your day hellish and Management that does nothing because the Crazy co-worker had been there for several years. Management that also allows physicians to take advantage of hospital employees.
Horrible place to work,evil coworkers!
One raise in 5 yrs.
A facility with improved technology to complete evaluations. Great place to work and grow professionally. Limited opportunities due to the per diem
Per Diem Acute Care Therapist (Current Employee), Deer Park, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: not called in enough to work
8-4PM
Evaluations and write up 1 hour
Daily Treatments about 30 minutes
Learned how to produce an evaluation through hospital's record software.
Wonderful, supportive, co-workers
Most difficult aspect of the job was learning to navigate new software, and writing OT orders for physicians approval.
The atmousphere was great as were the staff
CNA (Former Employee), Saint Helena, CAJuly 20, 2013
i feel the pay and hours were set well scheduling was tough however it worked out based on each person. i enjoyed my time there.
Family Oriented Place to work. Very fast pace.
Assistant to Director of Marketing (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAJuly 6, 2013
Pros: great clients
Cons: short breaks
Great place to work. I learned to have patience. The hardest part of my job was getting the Physicians to call back in a timely manner. The most enjoyable was getting to know my fellow co-workers and their families.
Interesting work, kind co-workers, worked independently
Credentialing Associate (Former Employee), Saint Helena, CAJune 20, 2013
Pros: time flexibility, i.e. if i had a doctors appt i was allowed to make the time up by either staying late, or coming in eary.
Cons: lack of communication with departement heads, lots of turn over.
In my capacity as a payer credentialing associate it was my job to on-board our doctors and mid-levels with our contracted insurance companies, including governmental contracts. The hardest part of my job was trying to lock down the doctors for their signatures. Everything was time sensitive so it was imperative I get the documents filed by a certain date. My co-workers were very kind and supportive, but our positions were completely independent from each other. The best part of my job was being involved with, and getting to know all the different employees in our various practices. They were a great group of managers and support staff.
fun place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Saint Helena, CAMay 23, 2013
Pros: good team work
Cons: commute
Management is awesome. Co workers are nice and good team but the hard part is commute.
Wonderful place to work with free gym membership!!
Executive Assistant to Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee), St. Helena, CAMarch 6, 2013
Pros: free lunches when we had hospital wide meetings. :)
Cons: very few breaks. no time to take one!!
I loved working at St. Helena Hospital! The people are amazing to work with. It became like a family to me. I loved each and every employee that I worked with. It was a joy to go to work. I learned so very many things working in Administration and Nursing Administration. Each meeting started with prayer which set the tone of the meetings. The hardest part of the job was trying to handle multiple hospital needs besides St. Helena's. It was done with grace and I eventually was able to use a volunteer to help with some of the work load. What a gift!!
I think the most enjoyable part of my job was the wonderful people I worked with and came across every day. Each day I awakened to the wonderful thought of "I get to go to work today at St. Helena!" My job was cut back in 2011 otherwise I would still be there. My heart is still there with the people.
Some good, some bad
Nurse (Former Employee), CAJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: a lot of nice people
Cons: bad management in some dept's.
The HIM/Coding Dept. is great! The management of the Nursing and HIM/Coding Dept's. however are just plain awful.
Unfortunately in the hospital overall there is so much nepotism that it's difficult to advance even if you work hard. Some of the laziest people keep their jobs year after year...it's a shame.
Good place to work other than team work
CNA (Former Employee), Saint Helena, CASeptember 27, 2012
My Co-workers weren't the best at working together. I did not always get the help that I needed. Most enjoyable part of my job, however, would have to be the pure enjoyment of being able to help patients.
very interesting place to work, something different every day
Security Guard (Former Employee), St Helena, Ca.August 30, 2012
Pros: working with people and diverce duties
Cons: having to drive 35 miles every day over the mountain
You start your day doing one thing and it was something different all of the time. I really enjoyed working with the patients, and the staff. Worked sometimes in the emergency room which was quite interesting.
Thee Best Hospital, I have ever worked for
CNA/TCU (Former Employee), Deer Park, CAAugust 13, 2012
Pros: i think the adventist health care system, believes in treating the whole person, not just the injury or disease, and i learned to eat more healthy, since they have non meat products, and healthy fooods, also can swipe id badge, to have meal deducted from paycheck
Cons: i only have one, they don't utilize lvn's within the hospital, and i would do anything to go back there to work
I would start my day by getting report and doing rounds, taking vital signs. I have worked in many different hospitals in California, this is the best, the most serene atmosphere, and the staff is great to work for, no matter what department. I remember the first day working there, management and co-workers, thanked me for coming to work there and if there was anything that they could do to make me feel more welcome, which I just was in shock, since I got a pay raise and they had state of the art equipment, which made my job easier, and I had less patients, I felt I should be thanking them. The hardest part is getting attached, and watching them fly the coup, but the most enjoyable part was knowing they were leaving because they were better in health.
Wonderful experience
ICU Unit Secretary/Monitor Technician (Former Employee), Saint Helena, CAJuly 20, 2012
My experience with St. Helena Hospital was a great learning experience and was a friendly atmosphere to work in. Many co-workers were very helpful and encouraging in my employment with them.
Needs Improvement
Manager (Former Employee), Saint Helena, CAJuly 10, 2012
Pros: good insurance
Cons: lack of leadership, lack of professionalism and poor work environment
St. Helena Hospital could be a good place to work if they let ALL of management go and bring in new management to give a much needed revival to the hospital.

About St. Helena Hospital

We’re here to serve you! St. Helena Hospital welcomes you. We strive to be a place where you feel comfortable and well – Read more

St. Helena Hospital Salaries