St. Helena Hospital

St. Helena Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Nice people to work with
Psych RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Helena, CAJune 12, 2016
Outside company hired to open new unit which was a disaster. They did not know what they were doing which caused many safety issues.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Management doesn't understand safety standards
Friendly co-workers. Efficient customer service. Fast Paced Environment
Patient Concierge (Current Employee) –  Saint Helena, CAJanuary 29, 2016
This company does a great job at serving it's patients with a friendly and positive disposition. Though there is little room for advancement and a disconnect between co-workers, it is a great environment to hit the ground running. You are able to put many different skills into practice. I came into work everyday knowing that I am in charge of myself. I knew what needed to be done an was given the freedom to complete it in any way I felt was most effective.
Pros
Friendly environment, challenging work
Cons
Mangement, compensation
Small dept. a lot of drama.
Sterile processing technician (Former Employee) –  St. Helena, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Mediocre department management. Supervisor vanity is all important, the more you praise,the better your treated. Women are second class citizens and usually looked down on.Large turn over of staff in 2015.
Pros
Beautiful location, non management workers friendly.
Cons
Long commute. Poor middle management.
A great facility to learn about CABG, PCI, and shunts.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Helena, CADecember 22, 2015
THe employees had their own job which made it convienent to exercise on breaks. Also it was a great teaching hospital. It was difficult with a low salary because I lived in Napa and my rent kept going up but my salary did not. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting different people and making a positive difference in their life.
Pros
Gym
Cons
Low salary
Good hospital and friendly people
Nurse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Helena, CAOctober 6, 2015
This hospital is a rural hospital with a lot of wonderful people and in a beautiful setting. I have had to make a move and now looking for a new position closer to home. I work at a part time position but I am looking for a full time position. The most enjoyable part of my job are the patients and my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is not being full time to get all the task I need to get done in a day but doing my best to prioritize each day, all through the day! I truly enjoy being an RN and give my best to the co-workers and my patients.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Part time
Very standard
Sterile Processing Tech (Former Employee) –  St Helena CaSeptember 25, 2015
Work was standard had a small team. Scheduling was not consistent. Did not like the drama in the work place. Learn from my coworkers. Enjoyed working independantly. When management was there they were good.
Pros
Was a job
Cons
too small with much drama
Friendly place - but bring your own "culture"
Fitness Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Helena Hospital Center for HealthSeptember 4, 2015
I saw how my work as a personal trainer/coach could work well as part of a medically based clinical team. They were great and I loved meeting my fellow employees and answering their fitness questions.
Pros
Worked with a great team and staff
Cons
Budgets and management turn-overs wrought havoc on morale
This was a great experience!
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Saint Helena, CAAugust 9, 2015
• I was involved in a volunteer program under the direction of the hospital President Terry Newmyer. As the assistant to the hospital Chaplain, I was a group leader for the Recovery Center 12-Steps program, presented devotionals to the employees in morning chapel worship, and participated in Sabbath School and church service for patients and employees.
• I also volunteered in the Radiology Department assisting with ultrasounds.
Poor management
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Helena, CAMarch 2, 2015
working for this company was fun, nice but VERY stressful. co workers are nice, poor management, low on staff so we would always be backed up.
Pros
free gym access
Cons
no breaks just lunch, lines at cafeteria is too long, lunch is too expensive.
A good hospital to work for
Clinical Services Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Helena CAJanuary 25, 2015
I enjoyed going to working everyday even though they were long busy days. The people I worked with were friendly and a great staff to lead. The main part I learned from my experience was how to navigate through the channels of command. Going from a private practice to a corp.hospital environment is a very different culture. I enjoyed working with my other managers as well.
Pros
good career
Cons
long commute
If You Are Hoping For A Management Position, Be Warned
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  St Helena, CAJanuary 14, 2015
The culture and office politics of this place are like nothing I have ever seen. Backstabbing is routine, resistance to change is epic, The undermining of authority and drama of employees is incredible. They do pay well, but you will earn every cent and most likely spend a chunk of it on therapy after more than a couple months in this zoo. There is a core of people in the organization that cares about good clinical care, but most are concerned only with triumphing in their petty office political quarrels, at any cost.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
vicious internal culture & office politics.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Helena, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Extreme lack of diversity. Management is top heavy and not skilled they have a job title which some take is entitlement.
This is a major cause of confusion at it's best.
To perform your job, software issues are extremely prolonged which has caused a few employees to quit out of frustration.
Training is non existent and they are quick to place the blame on someone other than themselves.
Pros
free parking
Cons
the salary is a hair above proverty levels.
Case Management in a Rural Setting
Registered Nurse, Case Management (Former Employee) –  Saint Helena, CANovember 10, 2014
Case Management provides nurses an opportunity to see "behind-the-scenes". I loved learning about this different aspect of the hospital and nursing care. Sitting in an office and reviewing charts was very different to working at the bedside, but I really enjoyed collaborating with different teams to more effectively manage a patients care.
Fun and creative mind looking for more than a Job
Perioperative Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Helena, CASeptember 22, 2014
I love to come to work and it did not feel like a job. At St. Helena I have learned that working in a place that changes lives is investing in the future. I love the management team that place people in positions to be successful. I love working with my coworkers because these take their job seriously but still know how to have fun. The hardest part of the job is the limited resources available to do your job. But St. Helena Hospital feels like a big family.
Pros
family feel, free lunches, employee recognition
Cons
lower paid than most hospitals in the area, heavy work load
Internship
Napa outpatient (Intern) (Former Employee) –  St.Helena, CASeptember 5, 2014
I was in an internship for Physical Therapy Assistant School. It was an out patient facility and I did massage, e-stim, ultrasound and exercise program with patients
Horrible Job
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  St. HelenaMarch 3, 2014
A Good ole Boy system. Crazy coworkers that make your day hellish and Management that does nothing because the Crazy co-worker had been there for several years. Management that also allows physicians to take advantage of hospital employees.
Horrible place to work,evil coworkers!
One raise in 5 yrs.
A facility with improved technology to complete evaluations. Great place to work and grow professionally. Limited opportunities due to the per diem
Per Diem Acute Care Therapist (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, CAJanuary 29, 2014
8-4PM
Evaluations and write up 1 hour
Daily Treatments about 30 minutes
Learned how to produce an evaluation through hospital's record software.
Wonderful, supportive, co-workers
Most difficult aspect of the job was learning to navigate new software, and writing OT orders for physicians approval.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
not called in enough to work
The atmousphere was great as were the staff
CNA (Former Employee) –  Saint Helena, CAJuly 20, 2013
i feel the pay and hours were set well scheduling was tough however it worked out based on each person. i enjoyed my time there.
Family Oriented Place to work. Very fast pace.
Assistant to Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJuly 6, 2013
Great place to work. I learned to have patience. The hardest part of my job was getting the Physicians to call back in a timely manner. The most enjoyable was getting to know my fellow co-workers and their families.
Pros
great clients
Cons
short breaks
Interesting work, kind co-workers, worked independently
Credentialing Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Helena, CAJune 20, 2013
In my capacity as a payer credentialing associate it was my job to on-board our doctors and mid-levels with our contracted insurance companies, including governmental contracts. The hardest part of my job was trying to lock down the doctors for their signatures. Everything was time sensitive so it was imperative I get the documents filed by a certain date. My co-workers were very kind and supportive, but our positions were completely independent from each other. The best part of my job was being involved with, and getting to know all the different employees in our various practices. They were a great group of managers and support staff.
Pros
time flexibility, i.e. if i had a doctors appt i was allowed to make the time up by either staying late, or coming in eary.
Cons
lack of communication with departement heads, lots of turn over.

2.8