St. John's Episcopal Hospital Employee Reviews

productive and fun place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYJanuary 3, 2018
The staff is friendly and charismatic. The management was excellent I didn't get pay since it was volunteering work but the experience I gained from this place was rewarding enough.
Relaxed atmosphere, great team work. Things get done asap
Resident, Internal Medicine (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 8, 2017
Relaxed atmosphere, great team work. Things get done asap. Good compensation & other incentives. Patients mostly geriatric population but you able to see & manage almost every disease.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Ok
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYNovember 9, 2017
Would not recommend anyone. Just good if u need work. I have been there for two years now and not happy at all.the employees and staff are very unprofessional. Things at that place need to improve.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Thank you.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYSeptember 20, 2017
I had great supervisors and a great project to work on. As an intern I was treated with respect as any employee of the organisation. Great work culture. My supervisors were always appreciative of my work and always had feedback for me which motivated me to do better at what i was doing. The only drawback of working at the hospital was there was no working space assigned to volunteers/interns.
Pros
Free lunch for volunteers
Cons
No working space for volunteers & interns
I love my career
Case Management (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYAugust 29, 2017
My career is conducive to my lifestyle. I love the clients I serve and I love being able to help children and their families become empowered and successful in society. This is what is most pleasing. the hardest part is to not be able to accomplish or adhere to someone's' needs. I am able to take the initiative and responsibility of handling my affairs professionally , effectively and efficiently. I am responsible, I have impeccable work ethics, good time management skills, I am organized and consistent. I get my task done daily and I am respectful and kind, though I am serious when it comes down to my work I am flexible and I am a team player. I will make a great asset to any organization I am a part of. I am a manager, as I am the coordinator and responsible for 16 children and adolescent's and their families.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Summary
Medical Records Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYAugust 23, 2017
Being able to put my knowledge of medical assisting and medical terminology to use, I enjoyed working at St. Johns. I learned to be steady and prompt. I learned a lot as well.
fun work place not the people to work with
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYAugust 16, 2017
although i had the pleasure to work with wonderful people there were some people who tried to make my position harder than it should of been overall it was a fast paced work place had the pleasure of dealing with the patients i grew on some and some grew on me as well
Pros
fast paced
Cons
short breaks
respect of cultural diversity and good place to learn.
Health Information Technician (Intern/Trainee) (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 14, 2017
It was an amazing experience working with diverse people. My supervisor was very cool and supportive. I learned a lot of things regarding my career field while working at St. John's.
Good experience.
Director of Pharmaceutical Services (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYJuly 18, 2017
An excellent opportunity to interact with other members of the healthcare team and work together foe the benefit of the patients. Also an opportunity to teach students.
St. John's is on the move!
Patieint Experience Officer (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYJune 14, 2017
St. John's is on the move! We have a new executive team who know where the health care system is moving and are able to bring us into the future. They are very dynamic and have made a number of positive changes in the hospital. The people who work here are friendly and there is a family atmosphere. The work is challenging and rewarding.
Good Place to work
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYMarch 16, 2017
SJEH is a great place to work. There's always room for advancement. Very professional work place. Everyone working together to make it the best possible medical center for neighborhood.
Pros
Room for advancement
Convenient place to work if you live in the area or close by
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYFebruary 6, 2017
The hospital morale is low due to the lack of support and appreciation from management. Employees are still expected to produce the same amount of work even when working short. Otherwise, the employees work well together. The hospital is literally family oriented. Great learning experience for a new grad RN. If you want to learn more and further develop your skills in nursing you have to go work for a bigger hospital. Advancement is limited as far as climbing the clinical ladder.
Pros
Flex-12 hr shifts, coworkers
Cons
management does not appreciate employees, working short
Executive Chef
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYFebruary 1, 2017
Hospital needs to change its culture. New admin staff is dedicated to that. Patients first.Change is happening by slow. Finances are improving but very slow.
Pros
change in needed
Cons
culture is not good
management needs significant improvement
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYSeptember 11, 2016
very short staffed and at times a toxic work environment. highlight of the day are most co-workers and most veteran employees need to be re-trained. complaints are ignored or simply not cared about. human resources is mafia-like instituting rules on the fly or constantly trying to short employees of money. the union seems to be ill-equipped to deal with any issue.
Pros
good job security
Cons
mis-management
productive environment
Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYAugust 29, 2016
A typical workday may have included organized and efficient environment.I was encouraged to develop personal development skills which incorporated customer service.Having an environment that was efficient and stable it promoted a healthy workforce which entail one to take initiatives and accommodate challenges as well . My co- workers and I established a team player roll. We encouraged each other. The hardest part of the job was increasing absentees with certain individuals which caused an increased in the work load. The most enjoyable part of the job was the availability of management when things were needed.
Pros
comparative salary
Cons
job cultures
Great Benefits
Intake Coordinator/Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYJuly 8, 2016
Good work environment Employee recognition room for advancement and excellent benefits I learned to work well as a team as well as independently. I learned organizational skills time management and gained a lot of lifetime friendships.
Pros
Employee recognition
Cons
Health Benifits
Great Company
Hospital Medicaid On-Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYJune 13, 2016
I've worked with this company for 13 years. I enjoyed the people and the work environment. I had the opportunity to grow in the company.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Employee (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYApril 22, 2016
This is a great place to work in Far Rockaway, NY. New management is bringing healthy change. Not too many places nearby for lunch.
Good learning experience
FP resident (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYApril 20, 2016
Good learning experience. Lots of hands on experience and one to one with patients. I've learned much about how to practically apply medical knowledge to the work place.
working here
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYApril 18, 2016
I worked here for 6 years, I love it here but the workers are not so nice.I had my share of challenges working with various staff