St. John's Episcopal Hospital Employee Reviews

A small community hospital that provided a nice, comfortable place to work.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Smithtown, NYOctober 6, 2014
Pros: state of the art, constantly updated equipment, inter-departmental rotation, a nice community atmosphere, with many get togethers, holiday parties and gifts from doctors, a great cafeteria.
Cons: lab manager was often not concerned about how his scheduling affected employees, which often affected employee morale.
I learned a lot working a this facility. There were many opportunities for rotating to all departments, including phlebotomy, that provided a nice, interesting place to work.
Excellent Hospital and Staff
Family Practice Resident Physician (Former Employee), Far Rockaway, NYJuly 4, 2014
Pros: representatives from all fields of medicine got along well.
Cons: there really arrent any
I found all the Staff: Nurses, Doctors, Nurses, and ancillary staff to be kind, courteous, knowledgeable, and proficient, in their perspective field..
adrenaline rush
Medical Assistant/ Administrative (Current Employee), Far Rockaway, NYMay 6, 2014
Pros: learn so much
Cons: slow paste
You get to go on emergency medicals and learn a lot. It is a good job for someone in school because it slow paste. You work at most corporate offices like Morgan Stanley and it slow paste. so YOu can read and study when there is no work.
ummmmmmm?
Registrar (Current Employee), Far Rockaway, NYApril 30, 2014
To each his own. It's a job God I have one. Work there and you will see what it's like
Great learning environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Far Rockaway, New YrokOctober 8, 2013
Pros: great learning environment
Great place for a new nurse to start on their medical/surgical unit.
St. John's is a good place to work
Intensive Case Manager, OMRDD (Current Employee), Queens, NYJanuary 7, 2013
I really like St. John's the only problem is that there is no room for growth
A stressful workplace but enjoyable.
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Far Rockaway, NYJune 5, 2012
Pros: tuition reimbursement
Cons: salary increase, annual raises not received every year.
Like most typical jobs you have good co-workers and bad co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with patients and their families.
very busy place
Registrar, Admitting Clerk (Current Employee), Far Rockaway, NYApril 30, 2012
Pros: meeting people, and the high volume makes the day go by quicker
Cons: the work hours
The emergency room is a very busy high paced area excessive patients being the only hospital onthe peninsula
I'll learned patience and how to multi-task
My co-workers are awesome team players
the hardest part is trying to console family members when they lose a loved one in our e.r.
I enjoy seeing people walk how happy and healthy
Very good work enviornment.
Secretary (Former Employee), Far Rockaway, NYApril 12, 2012
I Think St John's Episcopal was a great work place. I learned alot worked hard and always had a very productive day. The staff all worked well togeather and treated each other like family. I was just in the wrong department with the wrong boss who is no longer there had I been given a chance to transfer to a different department I would have been working there going on my 5th year. If given the opportunity to work there again. I would go back with no hesitation. and work even harder.