St. John's Episcopal Hospital Employee Reviews

productive environment
Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYAugust 29, 2016
A typical workday may have included organized and efficient environment.I was encouraged to develop personal development skills which incorporated customer service.Having an environment that was efficient and stable it promoted a healthy workforce which entail one to take initiatives and accommodate challenges as well . My co- workers and I established a team player roll. We encouraged each other. The hardest part of the job was increasing absentees with certain individuals which caused an increased in the work load. The most enjoyable part of the job was the availability of management when things were needed.
Pros
comparative salary
Cons
job cultures
Convenient place to work if you live in the area or close by
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYFebruary 6, 2017
The hospital morale is low due to the lack of support and appreciation from management. Employees are still expected to produce the same amount of work even when working short. Otherwise, the employees work well together. The hospital is literally family oriented. Great learning experience for a new grad RN. If you want to learn more and further develop your skills in nursing you have to go work for a bigger hospital. Advancement is limited as far as climbing the clinical ladder.
Pros
Flex-12 hr shifts, coworkers
Cons
management does not appreciate employees, working short
Great Benefits
Intake Coordinator/Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYJuly 8, 2016
Good work environment Employee recognition room for advancement and excellent benefits I learned to work well as a team as well as independently. I learned organizational skills time management and gained a lot of lifetime friendships.
Pros
Employee recognition
Cons
Health Benifits
management needs significant improvement
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYSeptember 11, 2016
very short staffed and at times a toxic work environment. highlight of the day are most co-workers and most veteran employees need to be re-trained. complaints are ignored or simply not cared about. human resources is mafia-like instituting rules on the fly or constantly trying to short employees of money. the union seems to be ill-equipped to deal with any issue.
Pros
good job security
Cons
mis-management
Executive Chef
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYFebruary 1, 2017
Hospital needs to change its culture. New admin staff is dedicated to that. Patients first.Change is happening by slow. Finances are improving but very slow.
Pros
change in needed
Cons
culture is not good
A stressful workplace but enjoyable.
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYJune 5, 2012
Like most typical jobs you have good co-workers and bad co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with patients and their families.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
salary increase, annual raises not received every year.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYApril 22, 2016
This is a great place to work in Far Rockaway, NY. New management is bringing healthy change. Not too many places nearby for lunch.
Good learning experience
FP resident (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYApril 20, 2016
Good learning experience. Lots of hands on experience and one to one with patients. I've learned much about how to practically apply medical knowledge to the work place.
working here
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYApril 18, 2016
I worked here for 6 years, I love it here but the workers are not so nice.I had my share of challenges working with various staff
A small community hospital that provided a nice, comfortable place to work.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYOctober 6, 2014
I learned a lot working a this facility. There were many opportunities for rotating to all departments, including phlebotomy, that provided a nice, interesting place to work.
Pros
State of the art, constantly updated equipment, inter-departmental rotation, a nice community atmosphere, with many get togethers, holiday parties and gifts from doctors, a great cafeteria.
Cons
Lab manager was often not concerned about how his scheduling affected employees, which often affected employee morale.

Want to know more about St. John's Episcopal Hospital?

Ask a question
Very good work enviornment.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYApril 12, 2012
I Think St John's Episcopal was a great work place. I learned alot worked hard and always had a very productive day. The staff all worked well togeather and treated each other like family. I was just in the wrong department with the wrong boss who is no longer there had I been given a chance to transfer to a different department I would have been working there going on my 5th year. If given the opportunity to work there again. I would go back with no hesitation. and work even harder.
very busy place
Registrar, Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYApril 30, 2012
The emergency room is a very busy high paced area excessive patients being the only hospital onthe peninsula
I'll learned patience and how to multi-task
My co-workers are awesome team players
the hardest part is trying to console family members when they lose a loved one in our e.r.
I enjoy seeing people walk how happy and healthy
Pros
meeting people, and the high volume makes the day go by quicker
Cons
the work hours
adrenaline rush
Medical Assistant/ Administrative (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYMay 6, 2014
You get to go on emergency medicals and learn a lot. It is a good job for someone in school because it slow paste. You work at most corporate offices like Morgan Stanley and it slow paste. so YOu can read and study when there is no work.
Pros
Learn so much
Cons
slow paste
Excellent Hospital and Staff
Family Practice Resident Physician (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYJuly 4, 2014
I found all the Staff: Nurses, Doctors, Nurses, and ancillary staff to be kind, courteous, knowledgeable, and proficient, in their perspective field..
Pros
Representatives from all fields of medicine got along well.
Cons
There really arrent any
Great place to work.
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT/NURSE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYMarch 22, 2015
I would prepare patients for surgery and assist the nurses with patients. Preform EKG's, Phlebotomy, vital sign and assist patients after surgery.
St. John's is a good place to work
Intensive Case Manager, OMRDD (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 7, 2013
I really like St. John's the only problem is that there is no room for growth
Great learning environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Far Rockaway, New YrokOctober 8, 2013
Great place for a new nurse to start on their medical/surgical unit.
Pros
Great learning environment
ummmmmmm?
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Far Rockaway, NYApril 30, 2014
To each his own. It's a job God I have one. Work there and you will see what it's like

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. John's Episcopal Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

St. John's Episcopal Hospital Reviews by Location