St. John's Hospital

St. John's Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Great Job
Senior Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), BrokenArrow, okMarch 26, 2015
Worked with Hospital CFO to keep maintain hospital financial records. Executed month end close process and corporate reporting. Filed state direct, sales and use tax documents. Maintained journal entries as required on a daily basis. Automated some reporting source documents to streamline information needed as inputs for alternative reporting. Completed any ancillary tasks needed to fulfill informational needs of the hospital representatives.
fun
Phlebotomist 2 (Former Employee), Springfield, ILFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: not enough help at sometimes
Very good place to work. co workers are awesome. Management is wonderful. the hardest part of job is keeping patients happy. The best part of the job is seeing people happy. I enjoyed helping others and being part of the team,.
Development of Nursing skills within the NICU
Registered Nurse, Staff (Former Employee), Springfield, MOFebruary 8, 2015
Busy critical care area within NICU. Wonderful co-workers. Learned a new specialty area that I sustained for 33 years.
not a good place to work
Pharmacy Technician/Unit Clerk/Pharmacy Secretary (Former Employee), Springfield, ILFebruary 7, 2015
the management teams do not appreciate hard work or dedication at this hospital. they dont take the time to thank you for your time. they schedule you backto back shifts, and they arent understanding when it comes to working fulltime, being a single parents and children getting sick
Fast paced work nights.
St. John's Hospital Food Service Associate (Current Employee), Springfield, ILFebruary 3, 2015
A typical work night is a steady flow of deliveries, cleaning and straightforward tasks. The hardest part of my job is ensuring punctual delivery times while working overnight on my own.
Very busy environment, everyone worked well and pulled together
Registered Nurse Telemetry, Cardiovascular Unit (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: a lot of days there was no time for lunch and breaks were rare, most of the staff put their patients before their own personal needs.
My co-workers were great and always willing to help if you needed it.
The all worked hard and put in very long hours.
Rewarding job with room for advancement
Pre-Registration- Full time (Current Employee), Springfield, ILDecember 13, 2014
Pros: enviroment
Cons: hard to get breaks in
I go into work with a positive and eager readiness. My co workers and i get along and do our work together as a team. I put myself into my work 110% and try to not let anything distract me. The hardest part of my job is really nothing. I enjoy what i do. My typical day at work is to greet co workers, and get down to business. Getting the job done is a rewarding part of my job.
Nice sense of community
Monitor Technician (Former Employee), Maplewood, MNOctober 9, 2014
I no longer work in this role. When I did, the focus was much different and it was more patient centered. A monitor tech. will start the day by printing the rhythm strips for all patients who are monitored. Then you interpret the rhythm and make the nurse aware if there are any changes to the rhythm. I enjoyed being under pressure in the morning to get the strips done, and I also found it a little monotonous.
It was a great place to work. I give it an 8
Clerk/receptionist (Former Employee), Springfield, ILSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: potlucks, vacations, get together outside of work, meeting the needs of each other
Cons: you really could not take short breaks, just lunch.
St. John's Hospital help to grow in many skills of my job that I can now take with to other places. It is a great place to work and you meeting a lot of interesting people and hopefully make lifetime friends. The hardest part of the day was wondering if you did everything you needed to do before you left at the end of the day. Making a friendship with your co-workers and the patient's. Management would let you know the skills you need to grow in, and the ones you excel in the most. Overall it was not a bad place to work. The made sure the employees knew how appreciate they were to the company. They also worked to meet the needs of the patient's. I am sorry I no longer work there, but now I pray the skills I have learn there will take to another level in seeking another job.
Large hospital with vibrant, up-to-date nuclear medicine department
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 31, 2014
Pros: fast-paced enviroment which challenged me everyday.
Cons: sometimes could be a little stressful.
This was a great job with great coworkers. It was a demanding job, however. The compensation was fair for the job.

There were several shifts starting at 6 am with the last person leaving at 5:30 pm.

I moved to live near my boyfriend so I had to quit the job. Otherwise, it was a rewarding career where my skills as a nuclear medicine technologist had been brought up to post-graduate level.
TRANSPORTER (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 18, 2014
Fast paced work environment. My job entailed escorting patients to and from various medical procedures
great place to work
Registere (Current Employee), Springfield, ILAugust 12, 2014
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: changes healthcare demands
I have returned to St. Johns for employemnt. It has a " family" atmosphere. I love the religion -based values
Overall a great place to work.
RN (Current Employee), Springfield, ILAugust 11, 2014
I enjoyed working on the Hospice Unit. The staff works as a team and provides excellent patient care. The patient always comes first.
Great place to work.
Registrar (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJuly 9, 2014
Pros: they have a cafeteria and you don't have to go outside in the winter.
They prepare you well for your position. Management was great.
Learning experience.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJuly 3, 2014
Nice people to work with and challenging for the work experience.
I enjoyed my job.
NICU Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJune 20, 2014
I worked in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), and every day was different. I was the first person our patients parents saw when they came to visit their babies. My job was being the Unit secretary, from answering phones, put in medical orders, arrange for procedures or transports, getting needed supplies or medications, and doing what ever was needed to help take care of the babies in the unit. Being an important part of a team that cares for lives newest members was very rewarding to me. It takes great nurses and doctors to do this kind of job working with very sick babies, and I was honored to help them. The most enjoyable was being able to take a baby down to their first car ride home.
Structured environment for drug and alcohol rehabilitation
Alcoholism and Substance Counselor (Current Employee), Yonkers, New YorkJune 19, 2014
Conduct groups, complete paperwork, admit new patients, discharge patients completing program, find appropriate aftercare facility for patients leaving facility. Interact daily with all levels of management, work as a treatment team to oprovide the optimal care and recovery possible for all patients. The hardest part of the job is the seemingly endless revolving door that this disease causes but the most rewarding is the one patient that comes up to you and says that you made a difference or saved his/her life.
NA
Medical Laboratory Scientist - Microbiology Lab (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJune 7, 2014
It is located in Springfield, paid less than I signed on for, and lackluster work environment
Fun working enviroment,teaching hospital
Schedule (Former Employee), Springfield, ILMay 4, 2014
Pros: inservice
Cons: short staff
A typical day at work was fasted paced. Scheduling multiply procedure at once in a timely manner. I learned all radiology procedure and cardiovascular procedure and prep that were required .
Management were hands on,and were always available if needed.
hardest part of job keeping up with daily changes,and being short staff.
Most enjoyable part was the challenges that came with the position.
Outstanding work enviornment
Chemical Dependency Counselor / Internship (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMarch 15, 2014
Pros: outstanding work enviornment
High energy environment