St. John's Hospital

St. John's Hospital Employer Reviews

Large hospital with vibrant, up-to-date nuclear medicine department
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 31, 2014
Pros: fast-paced enviroment which challenged me everyday.
Cons: sometimes could be a little stressful.
This was a great job with great coworkers. It was a demanding job, however. The compensation was fair for the job.

There were several shifts starting at 6 am with the last person leaving at 5:30 pm.

I moved to live near my boyfriend so I had to quit the job. Otherwise, it was a rewarding career where my skills as a nuclear medicine technologist had – more... been brought up to post-graduate level. – less
TRANSPORTER (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 18, 2014
Fast paced work environment. My job entailed escorting patients to and from various medical procedures
great place to work
Registere (Current Employee), Springfield, ILAugust 12, 2014
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: changes healthcare demands
I have returned to St. Johns for employemnt. It has a " family" atmosphere. I love the religion -based values
Overall a great place to work.
RN (Current Employee), Springfield, ILAugust 11, 2014
I enjoyed working on the Hospice Unit. The staff works as a team and provides excellent patient care. The patient always comes first.
Great place to work.
Registrar (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJuly 9, 2014
Pros: they have a cafeteria and you don't have to go outside in the winter.
They prepare you well for your position. Management was great.
Learning experience.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJuly 3, 2014
Nice people to work with and challenging for the work experience.
I enjoyed my job.
NICU Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJune 20, 2014
I worked in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), and every day was different. I was the first person our patients parents saw when they came to visit their babies. My job was being the Unit secretary, from answering phones, put in medical orders, arrange for procedures or transports, getting needed supplies or medications, and doing what ever was – more... needed to help take care of the babies in the unit. Being an important part of a team that cares for lives newest members was very rewarding to me. It takes great nurses and doctors to do this kind of job working with very sick babies, and I was honored to help them. The most enjoyable was being able to take a baby down to their first car ride home. – less
Structured environment for drug and alcohol rehabilitation
Alcoholism and Substance Counselor (Current Employee), Yonkers, New YorkJune 19, 2014
Conduct groups, complete paperwork, admit new patients, discharge patients completing program, find appropriate aftercare facility for patients leaving facility. Interact daily with all levels of management, work as a treatment team to oprovide the optimal care and recovery possible for all patients. The hardest part of the job is the seemingly endless – more... revolving door that this disease causes but the most rewarding is the one patient that comes up to you and says that you made a difference or saved his/her life. – less
NA
Medical Laboratory Scientist - Microbiology Lab (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJune 7, 2014
It is located in Springfield, paid less than I signed on for, and lackluster work environment
Fun working enviroment,teaching hospital
Schedule (Former Employee), Springfield, ILMay 4, 2014
Pros: inservice
Cons: short staff
A typical day at work was fasted paced. Scheduling multiply procedure at once in a timely manner. I learned all radiology procedure and cardiovascular procedure and prep that were required .
Management were hands on,and were always available if needed.
hardest part of job keeping up with daily changes,and being short staff.
Most enjoyable part was the – more... challenges that came with the position. – less
Outstanding work enviornment
Chemical Dependency Counselor / Internship (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMarch 15, 2014
Pros: outstanding work enviornment
High energy environment
Opportunity for advancement
Caring Management
Loving sincere staff
Excellent training
Excellent benefits
Concerned about patient care.
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee), 801 E. Carpenter St., Springfield, ILMarch 13, 2014
Pros: learning the medical field
Cons: not having enough operating instruments, short staffed, not paid enough for responsibility
What I found most impressive about St. John's Hospital, as an employee, was their strong commitment to patient care and privacy. Employees were required to complete training modules regularly to keep up with new regulations, policies or just to refresh the commitment they made when becoming an employee of St. John's Hospital.

I learned everything that – more... went into preparing for an operation; from the time the used surgical instruments came into our department, thru decontamination, assembly (by operation type and sometimes doctor preference) and sterilization. There were several checks from the time our department sterilized the instruments and the time they went into the operating room to make sure they were properly sterilized. I felt very good about this triple check system because it instilled St. John's commitment to their patients.

The hardest part of my job was that we didn't have the equipment to complete operating room surgical trays. Some trays had to be assembled with instruments missing. In addition, because this job only paid entry level almost all of my co-workers were young, and in my opinion did not have a strong work ethic. I believed that this hampered the efficiency and integrity of our department. – less
Was a great place when the doctors ordered enough studies, no longer.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee), Springfield, ILFebruary 27, 2014
I really enjoy the job and the people that I work with, however we have been steadily declining in numbers of studies and are being sent home faster than we can accrue vacation days. We are like rats on a sinking ship and trying to abandon our ship.
Very patient oriented
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee), Springfield, ILFebruary 21, 2014
Though we are often short-staffed, staff is dedicated. I enjoyed the people I work with. The management is also dedicated.
In charge of drug screening
Drug Screening (Former Employee), Lebanon, MOFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: political
My responsibilities were doing drug screenings for the hospital and for the community. I also assisted the nurses in the "Health Risk assessments" that they did throughout the community.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), Maplewood, MNFebruary 5, 2014
It's a great atmosphere, very friendly people and fun to work for.
Not a great place to work. Understaffed.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Maplewood, MNFebruary 4, 2014
Management was intimidating. Work was heavy. It was understaffed.
Unpaid Internship
Eastern Illinois University Dietetic Internship (Former Employee), Charleston, ILJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: good location, good lunch break
Cons: unpaid internship, understaffed
Did not get paid for this internship. The team of professionals I worked with everyday loved their field. Like most hospitals limited funds and high turnover created frustration. But it did not keep everyone from getting their job done.
admistrater
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), los angeles caNovember 8, 2013
conducted ruetine phone calls on patient follow ups.Made any needed copies faxes and or emails to clients,.
Physical Therapy Assistant
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Lowell, MAOctober 19, 2013
In a days work I would run the front desk, which include, billing, I scheduled of patients .I order equipment for the department. I maintained patient charts. I would also assist in the transportation and treatment of some of the in-patients.

1 2 3