St. John's Medical Center Employee Reviews

Excellent environment in which to work with great benefits and terrific people
Patient Assistance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WYNovember 10, 2015
A day at work often started at 7:30 with the ringing of the phones - which continued all day. My co-workers and I all had special projects to focus on in addition to phones, which made for a full day, often very stressful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unsatisfied patients who were angry about their bills. Our job was to try and diffuse their anger and help find a solution to their problem / question, which I did on a daily basis.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with my co-workers - we had a small department (6) and depended upon one another for relief from the stress. We had an incredible team and we all all supportive of each other in every way.
Pros
Occasional recognition for a "job well done" in the form of lunches or movie tickets
Cons
Increasing stress on bringing in money and productivity
Bickering in an office environment
Customer Service Rep (Admissions) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 9, 2015
From what I remember, the management tried hard to keep personnel from bickering but to no avail. Close quarters and a constant stream of patients in pain or just uncomfortable made my coworkers irritable. I was a bit removed from them all and was able to enjoy my job without listening to the bickering.

Routine data collection for exam processing, collection of copays/deductibles, advising patients on procedural processes.
Pros
Cheap food in hospital lunchroom, can charge to upcoming paycheck, good management at the time
Cons
Bickering coworkers (drama), Cheap food is fattening, Coffee shop is addicting and expensive.
Fast paced and good colleagues.
Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 31, 2015
Fast paced with swapping and repairing desktop computers and printers for each doctors office in the hospital. Great coworkers who come together to get the job done fast and correct.
Great people who care about what they are doing - always challenging.
Program Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jackson, WYMay 29, 2015
Working in a rural hospital you have to wear many hats. In a day I can be designing ads, implementing a new service or helping a patient. The best part is seeing that what I do makes a difference in a patient’s life and gives them a better experience.
Pros
Wellness program includes free yoga and low fees to the gym.
Cons
Having to do too many things at one time.
Management was Gender biased.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK. 5th floorMarch 23, 2015
There were only 4 men in the nursing staff on the floor. I was treated okay but was terminated for fake reasons. With the exception of one incident, every reason given for termination was false.
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
12 hour day with almost no downtime. Had a 30 minute lunch and rarely got 15 minute breaks
Love working with the public and helping and seeing them smile
Outpatient registration/STNA (Current Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 29, 2015
My day starts at 5am and I help patient with appointments and wheel them where they are going.
I 've learn to be open mined and not be so judgmental
I get along with my co-works we are a TEAM
The hardest part of my job is when I can't get an issue resolved
The most enjoyable part is help the patients and making them smile.
Pros
love working with the patients and employees
Cons
a lot of unprofesssional managers and staff
Good professional place to work
Volunteer Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WYOctober 9, 2014
Department of one, so at times would have little contact with co-workers.
Needed to be self starter and self generator of programs and communication.
benefits
Cons
no potential for advancement
wished i would've stayed
Geri Tech/CNA III (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 5, 2014
things changed as with any thing in life and the grass appeared to be greener elsewhere and i regret leaving.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Good hospital to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 6, 2014
- classes and support information on new health issues.
- good team work with all staff members
- well equipped supplies and equipment.
Pros
encouraging adminstrative staff
Cons
long drive to work
Good work environment, new OR's
Staff Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, WYJune 29, 2014
This is an excellent place to work with an outdoor lifestyle. It can be difficult to both find and afford housing in the surrounding community
Pros
good food, good management, good staff
Cons
expensive living
St Johns...
ER Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 27, 2014
Great place to be employed. Learned a lot while working in the ER, everyone was very friendly.
Gorgeous scenery, great level of skill in all staff that works there, but cost of living very high.
Charge Nurse OB (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WYSeptember 3, 2013
The cost of living and the inadequate management make this hospital a difficult place to stay long tern. However, the varied patient population and the environment make up for that.
Pros
great benefits and high level of skill throughout staff
Cons
high cost of living and management that sets employees up to fail, rather than fosters good rapport.
Productive Hospitals with great employees.
Certified Surgical Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 26, 2013
At Ohiohealth and St John Medical Center, I have learned to be flexible because in any given day, I scrubbed multiple specialties. This is both the hardest part of the job but also the most enjoyable. At St. John, I was able to transfer my skills from Neuro to Ortho Spine to work with a surgeon who operates on spinal deformity cases using instrumentation he designed. I take pride in getting to know my coworkers because they are the ones who keep us going and can make a bad day better with a well timed joke or story. My coworkers are an extension of my family.
Being a volunteer R.N. I could spend more of my time with the patient as well as assisting the staff in their care.
Volunteer Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 6, 2012
St. John's philosophy focuses on excellent customer service and patient care. The patient is always first. The staff were very helpful in assisting me in learning the routine of the unit. The staff always worked together to get a job completed. The hardest part was trying not to "hurt" patients while starting an I.V. or performing a catherization because then they became very irritable. I enjoyed providing patient education which I did at every opportunity.
Pros
continuing education sessions with the doctors and nurse which were held frequently.
Cons
there was "cliques" on the unit which i did not participate in.
patients
Patient Access associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 9, 2012
patient Orientated facility
great volunteers
need more cohesive unity between clinicians and staff.
Pros
patient orientated facility
Cons
lack of team support system