St. John's Medical Center Employee Reviews

Job title was misleading
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 17, 2017
I was a "Patient Service Specialist", and I was not in contact with any patients at all. I am very good with easing fears of patients and their families and the St. John's job was sitting in front of a computer, so this job was not a good match for me.
Great front-line staff.
Director of Emergency Services (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WYSeptember 18, 2017
The front-line staff and interdisciplinary team provide great patient care and are advocates for their patients/families. Team environment and positive nursing culture.
Pros
Front-line nurses and ancillary staff
Cons
Very politically based, mutliple management changes
Supportive Work Life Balance
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, WYAugust 18, 2017
Exceptional team! Loved working for this organization. Fulfilled a temporary assignment for 4 month with St. John's. They offer an excellent work life balance in scheduling. Great team work, supportive group of individuals that I worked with daily.
Pros
Work from home.
Cons
Great place to work, but the pay for my position was not at all comparable ...
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WYJuly 22, 2017
St John's Medical center is great place to work. My department was like family and I learned a lot from a very talented group of nurses and doctors. I really loved going to my job, but .... I had to commute about an hour and fifteen minutes or 57 miles to and from work. The area's cost of living is ridiculous and the hospitals low pay rates make it impossible to live closer. They use a lot of travelers because they can't get people to come permanently because there is no hosing that is affordable. Don't get me wrong I love most of the travelers I have worked with , but why pay someone almost Three times as much as you do your permanent staff. I believe that if they raised there pay and gave incentives to people who commuted to work from surrounding areas they could keep permanent staff. I have given St John's three star because of the pay.
Pros
Overall great place to work, Friendly staff, Great health benefits.
Cons
Very low pay, Very high cost of living
SECURITY GUARD (POOL POSITION) (Current Employee) –  Jackson, WYApril 26, 2017
Great place to work, great employees, caring staff, would be full time in a heartbeat if asked. Many perks about the job, and the hospital is a staple of the community.
St. John's is the best employer I've worked for
Worker (Current Employee) –  Jackson Hole, WYDecember 30, 2016
Working in cities throughout the Midwest, I've had good and bad experiences when starting a new job. I decided to move further West, and decided on Jackson. It has always been a place I've wanted to live and play, and loved every visit I've made to the area.

However, Jackson is by far the hardest town I've found for new people to get a job that allows them to live comfortably, and still have time to do what they want. The working part is just a necessity to do all the other stuff I want to spend my time on, and with my skillset, the hospital was the only option I had.

When I was offered the job, I was excited, because everyone I met seemed very genuine and great to work with. So far, that has proven to be true, and I would say it has turned out to be my favorite job. Of all the Fortune 100 companies and smaller companies I've worked at, blah blah blah, it is at the top of the list.

Now, no matter where I've worked I've felt underpaid, and St. John's would be at the top of that list as well. I will say I was offered a different position in town, and the wages were far lower than St. John's, so I think it goes more for Jackson than any particular business or organization.

There's pros and cons to living and working in Jackson, no doubt. But, St. John's has been a great place to work for me and the management and peers I work with day in and day out are awesome.
Pros
People, Benefits, Management, Cafeteria (seriously!)
Cons
Cluttered Working Areas, Wages, Commute (depending on Weather)
Excellent environment in which to work with great benefits and terrific people
Patient Assistance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WYNovember 10, 2015
A day at work often started at 7:30 with the ringing of the phones - which continued all day. My co-workers and I all had special projects to focus on in addition to phones, which made for a full day, often very stressful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unsatisfied patients who were angry about their bills. Our job was to try and diffuse their anger and help find a solution to their problem / question, which I did on a daily basis.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with my co-workers - we had a small department (6) and depended upon one another for relief from the stress. We had an incredible team and we all all supportive of each other in every way.
Pros
Occasional recognition for a "job well done" in the form of lunches or movie tickets
Cons
Increasing stress on bringing in money and productivity
Great people who care about what they are doing - always challenging.
Program Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jackson, WYMay 29, 2015
Working in a rural hospital you have to wear many hats. In a day I can be designing ads, implementing a new service or helping a patient. The best part is seeing that what I do makes a difference in a patient’s life and gives them a better experience.
Pros
Wellness program includes free yoga and low fees to the gym.
Cons
Having to do too many things at one time.
Good professional place to work
Volunteer Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WYOctober 9, 2014
Department of one, so at times would have little contact with co-workers.
Needed to be self starter and self generator of programs and communication.
Benefits
Cons
no potential for advancement
Good work environment, new OR's
Staff Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, WYJune 29, 2014
This is an excellent place to work with an outdoor lifestyle. It can be difficult to both find and afford housing in the surrounding community
Pros
good food, good management, good staff
Cons
expensive living
customer service set up trays deliver trays follow Dr. orders
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Jackson Hole, WYDecember 13, 2013
6 am starts the day prep food - set up trays restock take phone orders and deliver, clean customer service worked 12-13 hour day's
Pros
free food, fun people
Cons
they no longer needed me
Exceptional Hospital Exceptional People Exceptional Care
SJRM Foundation Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson Hole, WYOctober 12, 2013
St. John's Medical is a exceptional hospital, made up of exceptional people who refuse to give anything less than exceptional patient care. Your co-workers become your family and the hospital is the heart of the Jackson Hole community. Physicians are world renowned ensuring the very best in patient care.
Pros
Dynamic people, exceptional values and world class healthcare
Gorgeous scenery, great level of skill in all staff that works there, but cost of living very high.
Charge Nurse OB (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WYSeptember 3, 2013
The cost of living and the inadequate management make this hospital a difficult place to stay long tern. However, the varied patient population and the environment make up for that.
Pros
Great Benefits and high level of skill throughout staff
Cons
high cost of living and management that sets employees up to fail, rather than fosters good rapport.
People are great to work with
radiogarpher (Former Employee) –  jackson wyMarch 1, 2012
fellow employees are great, management, not so much. it is a ski town so wages are low. and personnel are easily replaced.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. John's Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

St. John's Medical Center Reviews by Location